Re: 575M VS. Vanquish VS. Murcielago

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello' started by turboV8man87, Aug 9, 2002.

1. What kind of retarded question is this? Snyper's got it right. The Lambo outperforms the other two andlooks far better. The Maranello bodyshape is getting old. The Lambo is by far the best GT in the world. Aston Martin? What? Who wants a 80% Ford, and 20% recylced Aston Martin? Lambo anyday of the week, twice on Sunday.<!-- Signature -->

2. ok can you people stop and realise that the murcielago is not supposed to go up against the 575M!!!!!!! the murcielago is only gonna compete with the F60, and if that, is gonna get blown away by the 750horses of the ferrari. Aston Martins are big, bulky, heavy, and powerful for nothin. Ford really ruined it. Ferrari is just at the top of its game right now, which is Formula 1 and bringin Formula 1 experience to a road car.

3. Hey, dude, the Porsche GT2 should also be included on this list!!!

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BuonoNut</i>
    <b>575MM for me</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i second the motion.....<!-- Signature -->

5. Yeah, the 911 GT2 should be included in this. but even then, the 575M would still win.
    First out would be the Aston. it's big, boring to look at and quite simply, damn slow for something with that much horsepower or that costs so much! It only does 0 -60 in 5 seconds - nuff said!
    Second to go would be the Murcielago. it looks like it was designed on a computer. although it looks nicer than the diablo, it has lost some of the passion. also, like the diablo, it would be too heavy for the track.
    The 911 GT2 would finish a close second. its got the same 0 -60 time as the ferrari and is cheaper, but doesn't handle any better, doesn't look as good and has a slower top speed. and no matter what anyone says, the Porsche badge will never have the same passion and heritage as the prancing horse!
    The ferrari has it all, a 0-60 time that is just 0.3 seconds slower than the Murcielago (which is damn fast), a top speed of over 200 mph,
    beautifully sculpted looks(even though the front is a lil bit uglier than the 550M), 50:50 weight distribution = amazing handling! And the ferrari badge stands head and shoulders above Aston Martin, Lamborghini or Porsche! <!-- Signature -->

6. ok u twat, the murc testing mule has the fastest ring time set so far, so kindly about ur handling just shut up<!-- Signature -->

7. jesus christ, we got some dumb motherfukcers up in here.

FIRST. all the Ford-haters: Ford isnt gonna ruin aston martin for god's sake- ask the opinion of anyone who doesnt have some lame bias or lack of knowledge of performance cars. Vanquish is a quality V12 car comin outta britain right now, and that shouldnt ever change.

SECOND. they're right, the Murcielago is a bit incongruent w/ these two other cars. they weren't quite made for the same purpose, and judging by what i figure the ultimate value for each will be, the price somewhat shows that, as well

as for my choice, ill take the 575M over the Vanquish. Vanquish is a VERY VERY VERY close competitor to the 550, ppl sometimes taking it over the Maranello because it cost less for the almost equal performance. but, 575M is such a quality upgrade from the 550, a great car on its own, so that's why its the 575<!-- Signature -->

8. These three are the most in commin. Yes there is many supercars out in the market. I just want to hear some feels from these three.<!-- Signature -->

9. I would have to drive all three cars to really decide which i would pick, but since that will NEVER happen, I would have to go with the 575. I think it is absolutely a work of art. I saw a 550 in person once on the road and it was awe-inspiring.
    The aston is a nice looking car too and i dont think ford will do anything but improve the company. I know purists will disagree but ford took it over as an image thing, therefore i believe they will run it as always and give them the resources only to improve.
    The lambo is a really cool car and cleary out performs the other two in speed but I just prefer ferrari so the lambo would be second for me.

10. without thinking twice i would take the Vanquish ... to me that is the greatest car in the world... 1st off it's an AM true ford did buy AM but ford and GM own half the car world soo.. plus ford does have a couple of good cars.... GT40 (a car for the gods) and the GT 90 both cars are AWESOME..but still over both those cars and over all the cars on this site ... i would get eh Vanquish .. it's a with class...

11. sorry...

it's a CAR with class

12. Ouch this is hard. Both the 575 and the Murcielago both blow away the Vanquish in my opinion. I think the Ferrari looks better than the Lambo, and is more practical and probably handles better, but the Lambo is faster overall. A hard choice...oh bother i'll take the Ferrari.<!-- Signature -->

13. I honestly had a sweet spot for Aston Martins for my hole life, so i would go with the vanquish but all the cars are great,,

14. I would take the 575M. Redone...in style. Why? Lambo is faster but not classier and it is only faster by 5 kph. So who cares it's not like your gonna hit that type of speed. You'd be crappin your pants at 250kph. Vanquish is nice... but for me i need a lighter car.. and one with an engine SCREAM like no other. The one and Only Ferrari V12.<!-- Signature -->

15. Murciélago

575 M

Vanquish

but I'll be happy with anyone of them in my garage.<!-- Signature -->

16. I read a magazine which had the ferrari up against the murcielago,vanquish,porsche gt2 and benz 55 amg.
    the benz was the quickest from 0-300km!!!in just 30seconds!!
    the benz and lambo would eat this car for breakfast but they won't have a chance against the F60!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

17. it's from topgear

That benz is a prototype
    not the retail version,
    it's fitted with special tyre
    and is able of doing 330
    but in the one to be release in 2002
    the top speed will be 300 and it's
    so heavy(1955kg 476bhp 71.4kgm) that I don't think it can
    eat the ferrari for breakfast

18. This is half-ass comparison...Murcielago without even thinking

19. I would have to say that the Ferrari would take it. But dopn't get me wrong, I still love the Murcielago!

20. First Choice Murcielago
    Second Choice Ferarri
    Third Choice Vanquish

<!-- Signature -->

21. Damn You guys are crazy!!!
    What would you prefer a Fucking nice Red Italian car With A horse on the side,
    A Yellow Bull With the ugliest rear you've ever seen,
    or a British Aston Martin Which looks like a Robot from the front.
    And if you really can't make your dicision take the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Veyron 406 km/h
    0-300 km/h 14 sec.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Would you Fucking believe it? I'll take the Bugatti first than the Ferrari Than the Lambo an d last but not least The Aston Martin!!!

22. Hey Bugatti. That car can't be compared w/ these three. That car is in it's own class. So if I were you I would shut the **** up asshole.<!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Bugatti Veyron</i>
    <b>Damn You guys are crazy!!!
    What would you prefer a Fucking nice Red Italian car With A horse on the side,
    A Yellow Bull With the ugliest rear you've ever seen,
    or a British Aston Martin Which looks like a Robot from the front.
    And if you really can't make your dicision take the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Veyron 406 km/h
    0-300 km/h 14 sec.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Would you Fucking believe it? I'll take the Bugatti first than the Ferrari Than the Lambo an d last but not least The Aston Martin!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

well i'm sure everyone would want that 1000 and 1 horse powered Bugatti beast, [you'd be an idiot not to] but...
    a) its not avaliable for a while yet
    b) when it will be avaliable it'll be in a different price and performance bracket

as for the comparo, i'd go the Lambo over the Ferrari over the Aston. [i'd rather an SL55 AMG or RUF R Turbo in place of any of them mind you]<!-- Signature -->

24. looking at those performance figures....it just makes you wonder how much time you waste shifting with a metal gate......finally they put paddles on a potent V12.

imagine what paddles will do to the murc.

i dont know about u guys, but i think the diablo 6.0 was the nicest lambo of all time......the murc just doesn't have that italian look to it.......but its freakin awesome<!-- Signature -->

25. First: everybody's entitled to their own opinion,
    Second: Everybody who's bashing Ford and backing Ferrari and Lambo's is probably only doing so because Ferraris and Lambo's were the first supercars they saw when they were growing up. You need to get over your predjudice towards Fords. There are many out there that can blow away Ferrari's and Lamborgini's. GT-40 Ferrari Slayer!!!!
    Third: Ford may have bought Aston Martin but I'll bet the Vanquish can still destroy 80% of all the cars on the market.
    fourth: all three of these cars are insanely expensive anyways and only change a little every year. It's more fun to buy something and turn it into a Supercar rather than to buy one that'll cost you more money than 85% of the world population can afford.