Re: 840 bhp without a turbo this babe as some power...

Discussion in '2001 Pontiac Firebird Raptor Concept' started by blown2000outback, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Fump your signature is wrong
    germans invented the cylinder engine GM actually has the oldest to date horseless carrage and it was an Oldsmobile late 1800. Benz just improved it after sum guy name Renntech got a hold of it.<!-- Signature -->

2. I'd like it more as a coupe.

3. Everyone who owns a Civic is pissing about this thing not being able to handle but the whole damn import scene blew up as soon as some guy slapped a turbo on his Civic and took it to the drag strip.

On the flip side, when was the last time the Firebird was known to handle? As far as I can remember the Firebird was introduced in the Pony Car era and well, all they were made for was strait lines and still are. To bad that ends next year.

4. I hate to go back to the beginning of this terrible discussion, however, I feel it is in need of some clarification. 840 horespower without a turbo? First off, American cars are far more likely to be supercharged because that takes less talent. Secondly, you say "without a turbo" like it's some sort of accomplishment. Well genius, any fool out there can crank out power with a few bottles of cheaters fuel. I only hope this car has some monster brakes so it can slow down to about 15mph in order to turn properly. The only good thing about this car is that it can move fast enough that I won't have to look at it on the road. Out!

5. lol i am just laughing at the title! not only is it 540hp (like pointed out earlier), its still pathetic that even N/A it produced 540hp. lol like the viper, it'll never reach 100hp(+)/litre, ever. lol no american car will, especialy stock. this thing is a 6.3 litre engine, and it only produced 540? i call that pathetic, not americas finest hour. and i read someone earlier putting just because were not skilled enough to drive a rear wheel drive car? lol do u think americans are the only ones who make rear wheel drive cars? besides some of their 'poor man' sport cars', they have very few, if any other rear wheel drive cars. my parents own a 2001 330i (getting a new car in january), and that things rear wheel drive, i am only 15 and i have pushed that car beyond 100mph down a 25 max, very twisty street and there was no "skill" required to drive it. you pro-american, anti-import car enthusiasts are all the same, prodisplacement anti-anything-not-american, cocky, narrow minded pricks who think the preformance doesnt exist beyond the u.s boarder. lol what do u mean this thing can handle? considering the title these cars compete for, and how much a lot of u brag about them, their handling is shit, did u guys know a bmw 740 can pull higher g's on the skid pad? okay, now thats the firebird with just over 300hp, add another 200 and then some to the rear wheels, what do u thinks gonna happen? well not only with a much heavier, bigger 6.3 engine will the back stick up more, but u'll have a major loss of traction, thus massive uncontrollable over street, which equals no full throttle starts, no gunning it into turns, and basically not a lot of opening up the engine at low speeds, so wheres the fun? by the way did i mention its UGLY as hell and the intirior is twice as bad, not to mention there unreliable lemoms<!-- Signature -->

6. sweet power, ot good looks

7. Trans Am rocks!

I dunno about the styling, I love it, but I have to admit I didn't like it so much at first sight when it came out.

But all you civic kids bitching about hp/litre or handling or whatever, show me a car anywhere close to 25k in price (new) that outruns a TA in ANY environment and I'll lick your nuts from here to Tokyo. Honda? HAHAHA!

Sure this might not be the comfiest car in the world, workmanship might well be shady, but for the price you can't beat it. If you're from hong kong you might not care. But that's what a pony car is all about. Now if I could ever save some money...

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from VIPERGTS2000M</i>
    <b>AIGHT ALL I GOTTA SAY IS AMERICAN CARS BLOW VALVES AND THERE TORQUE IS OFF THE CHARTS AIGHT /JAPANESE CARS ARE AIGHT I CANT HATE THOUGH CAUSE I AINT A HATER BUT I LOVE THE VETTE'S/ VIPER AND THIS NEW FIRBIRD CONCEPT I DONT CARE ABOUR COPRESSION RATIO AND STUFF THE POINT IS THE CAR HAS POWER MOST OF THE CARS ON THE STREETS ARE ONLY LIKE 150 HP OR 250 OR 340 THIS SHIT HAS 540 OR 550 SO RESPECT NIGGA COMMON AND YOU GOTTA LEARN HOW TO HANDLE AMERICAN POWER IT AINT AS EASY AS A NSX OR CIVIC CAUSE THESE CARS IN A CRASH LAST DONT CRUSH LIKE TINFOIL NIGGA!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> I don't know if you're black or not, but don't talk like that on here. It makes you seem unintelligent. Yes, I'm black and yes I say nigga, but i don't over use the word. No disrespect to you. Just don't make yourself look unintelligent.<!-- Signature -->

9. first off i just gotta say when it comes to talkin bout cars a lot of you are really immature and all this imports vs domestics is annoying as hell
    this car is beautiful, and it doesn't even need NOS (don't know why they added it) it has naturally aspirated power not fake shit u press a button to get.
    All I really have to say is, all this power is pointless, doesn't matter what car you drive, there are very few places you can use this power legally in North America, and if u use it illegally and your an amateur driver, your gonna kill yourself.<!-- Signature -->

10. Alright enuff of the "This car can't handle" shit. If you haven't noticed it wasn't built to handle. This thing was built for the strip. It's a muscle car, leave it alone. It isn't a prance around the track and show off how much money I have waste of space, so don't approach it as one. If you took the time to look beyond the label and pop the hood, you'd notice that this car is one of the best muscle cars to emerge in a long time. BANG FOR THE BUCK is what it's all about.

PS - can't wait to meet one of you #$%#os at a light in one of these

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EvilNinjaMoby</i>
    <b>Hhahahaha Couldnt have said it better my self Big Will. I would also like ot point out.. Mr. "Im too #$%#ing stupid so I drive 100MPH in a 25MPH zone to endanger innocent people"..1st, its pathetic that its n/a and pumps ouy ONLY 540hp.. show me your how many of your n/a jap cars pump this out...not that many. 2nd, Viper may never reach 100HP per liter... guess what it doesnt need to .. it still tears the shit out of many cars (team Orica, Stryker Viper, Venom 800TT) When are you little 15 year old kids goign to learn horsepower to liter isnt some golden key to winning. neither is Hp/weight.. or total HP.. put up the 385HP Z06 vs. the comptech NSX ( which I have done too much so Im not postn any more stats.. these #$%#ers sit on their asses playing GT3 , they can get up and learn for once) I will give you long story short.. Supercharged Comptech NSX, has more HP/WEight HP/Liter, and more total HP..and still loses... and the z06 STILL beats it in skidpad ( and like100,000$ less than the Comptech NSX)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    can i name any jap car that pumps out 540hp n/a? no i cant, not off the top of me head. but how about 597hp n/a? hows that sound? well i was just reading a tuner mag today in class, and read an article on a 91 nissan 300zx N/A that pumped out 597hp and did the 1/4 mile in almost 10 flat. whats the difference between that 300zx and the TA, well not only is the nissan faster, but it looks better doing it. now as for me stealing my parents car? ur damn right i did, lol and it wouldn't be the first time. and as a matter of a fact, no it wasnt a school zone, 2nd 25mph was my guess for 40kmph, (40kmph being the stop speed) so really i was driving 160kmph. now someone was saying that muscle cars are only good for going fast in a straight line, well that the hells the point if they cant handle? i would rather have a slower car that could balance its handling a bit better then some firebird that can be out handled by a bmw 740 (check the stats, its true). as for hp/litre, yes it does count, it goes to show that the company is putting on countless wasted lbs to the cars weight when other euro and asian car companys can get 100hp+/litre easily, look at the honda s2000, it gets 120hp/litre na out of a 2 litre four banger. how about the audi tt 1.8 getting 255hp? do you see my point. and about everyone going for my neck on my last post, that just goes to prove my point on how cocky american "muscle car" enthusiasts get to be. like i used to say, "the only thing i hate more then an american muscle car, is an american muscle car enthusiast"

(by the way, about me only being 15, what the hell does that have to do with it? i probably have as much driving experience then any other teenager in this forum with his or her lisence, not to mention i have been working on cars since i was 7)<!-- Signature -->

12. first off, greg and stuttgart are morons...you supercharge larger displacement motors because they have more power to waste (residual drain) at the pulleys and you turbo small displacement engines...these small engines don't have the power to waste at the pulleys, they need the turbo to run off the exhaust to make the boost. anyone who knows anything about cars knows you super an 8, turbo most 4s...there are exceptions to both rules, but its more efficient this way. and it has nothing to do with talent, you waste of my precious air. greg, first, you didn't drive your parents $40k+ car, which you prolly stole cause no parent would let there 15 year old dumbass of a son drive that kind of car, down a "twisty" road at a 100 miles an hour (and the 25 mph advisory doesn't count in school zones, cause that's prolly where you would be, you 15 year old piece of shit)...second, driving fast isn't easy, no matter what car you drive and you sure as hell don't have the experience to drive 4 times the recommended speed on a "twisty" school zone...err...road. finally, when are you people going to learn that the F-bodies DO HANDLE WELL. if you have EVER driven one, you know that these cars hug the road...now they aren't the best handling cars by any means, but they do handle well. and ps. it's gunning it OUT of the turns, for future reference there greggy boy...mr. "i drove mommy and daddy's bimmer down a twisty school zone..err...road and i did it so fast! yay for me!"<!-- Signature -->

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from stuttgartsensation</i>
    <b>I hate to go back to the beginning of this terrible discussion, however, I feel it is in need of some clarification. 840 horespower without a turbo? First off, American cars are far more likely to be supercharged because that takes less talent. Secondly, you say "without a turbo" like it's some sort of accomplishment. Well genius, any fool out there can crank out power with a few bottles of cheaters fuel. I only hope this car has some monster brakes so it can slow down to about 15mph in order to turn properly. The only good thing about this car is that it can move fast enough that I won't have to look at it on the road. Out!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote>
    <b>PERFECT SENSATION! Stuggart Man!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center>

14. The only good thing about this car is that it can move fast enough that I won't have to look at it on the road. Out

my favorite phrase out of the whole conversation.<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BigWillman</i>
    <b>Hey carrerra, they do rebuild Top fuel cars as well but the reason that i pointed out specifically F1 cars is because they rev to ungodly 16000 RPMs. But Top fuelers in the "ancient" 502 ci pushrod blown motrs also rev very high, if i am not mistaked John Forces car reves to just a hair over 10,000 rpm on his sub 5 sec trip down the strip. They also rebuild The NASCAR motors which are pushrob v8s as well and they rev to about 7500 rpm and some even higher. As for low reving american engines no one has mentioned the Dodge v6's that are put in the intrepid RT, the prowler, and the 300M, they are 3.5 litre DOHC plants that have 7500 rpm redlines, just thought that i would poin that out.

I personally work int that automobile service industry at a dodge dealership and see the above mentioned motor come in on a frequent basis for head gasket and other problems that result from high revs. The earlier post about the s2000 being unreliable if you drive it the way it supposed to be driven is accurate. a technician buddy of mine at the honda dealership down the way has seen four s2000s in the last 2 weeks due to problems resulting from reving the motor as high as it can go too often. F bodys have the same problems if you over rev but not so much as the s2000 with its 9000 rpm redline. but 4 s2000s in 2 weeks is a great deal.

hey bleak, quit talking.... </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> well of corse ur gonna have cylinder head, thurmostat housing gaskets etc replaced often if u rev any car to high too often. all acuras and honda rev high, 7500rpm isnt a huge deal ya know, my dads 3.2 tl type s gets 260hp n/a and it redlines at 7900rpm. not to mention my dad sucks at using the steptronic and holds gears in the rev limiter b4 he shifts. lol its pritty funny, yet painful to listen to. but believe me, the s2000s engines are made to withstand that kinda power, 9000revs for that car is just as special as 7500 for an american car, the rsx red lines at 8000revs. now as for the john forces car with the 10000revs thing, look at the ferrari 360 modena, and the s2000 comes pritty close, especialy considering its a 2.0 4 banger. now u want to talk reliability?! HA! dont get me started on the fire bird. no i have never owned one, nor driven one, but, my grand father used to own one a few years back, but that car was a lemon. he got rid of it in less then a year cuz it kept breaking down, it was a peice of shit. now he drives as used 98 mercedes slk 230, (the first year for that car) and he hasnt had one single problem yet! not to mention its got a SC on it, and that makes it even more reliable but there hasnt been one repair made to date. as for the honda s2000, all the long term test reports i have red have never reported any such gasket replacement, and the drivers always say they drive those cars very hard. japanese cars are known to be some of the most reliable cars in the world.<!-- Signature -->

16. actually greg you are wrong again. The slowest depreciating cars in the world as far as resale, and not counting classics (which have gone up in value, lke old Camaro's corvettes mustangs 32 ford coupes and too many others to mention.) or exotics are predominately German, not Japanese. Like BMW and Mercedes, not honda or acura or toyota, or lexus. Just for your info so you dont let your unfaltering and ignorantly blind support for you japanese cars help you to post stupid inncorect statistics again.<!-- Signature -->

17. First off I am a ford fan.(Not a big Mustang fan though, even though the Cobra R is sweeeet) But I have a special place in my heart for firebirds, and I would love this car. (Not as much as a Hemi 'Cuda though)
    In the short run, American cars have less resale vaule, than Asian cars. What about in the long run though? I still am waiting to see an Asian car retain it vaule as much as an American Car over 30-or Older years. (Please forget the late 70's all cars sucked then, well here in the US anyways, well maybe the vet)Who knows, maybe in 20 years, the Asian cars will have the same appeal, but i doubt it.
    For realiblity and speed in the quarter mile. I will take a stock camaro or a stock Mustang GT against any Honda do what ever you want to it(excluding the NSX, its in the same class as a vet, nice car though), and Iron Man it. Run the best 30 of 30 in a row, who every wins the most with out forfitting (aka your car can't handle anymore.) Once that happens, I will be impressed buy the driver, the modder, and a little bit by the car itself.
    Another little food for thought, when running in a straight line, weight to horse power matters, but so does weight to torque. Which is often over looked by import fans.
    In corners I will definately have to give it to the imports. Most American cars are way to heavy to handle well. (I just pulled a 360 doing a corner on a wet road in my over powered T-Bird. Not fun. Luckly no one else was on the road, I would not have done it if there was, but thats a different story. The MN-12, was on of the best platforms ford had IMHO) I personally prefer bigger cars, because I love road trips, and Imports just don't have the space, if they do, they are usually under powered or too expensive. (I do like some Asian cars though, the 280z turbo, the Supra, one of the Subarus and a few others)
    One last thing, I consider Mustang drivers to be the biggest A-holes on the road, ricers the most annoying (Why is that wing on that frount wheel drive car? Whats the deal with the coffeee can), and lexus drivers seem to be the worst drivers. (well besides me lol, considering the above, I learned my lesson).

18. haha, greg you suck. horsepower per liter...oooo, that's SO impressive. give me a break...the s2000? they blow up after 5 of those 6 sec. 0-60 cause you have to drop the clutch at 8k! that's alot of rpm. oh, and how much torque is that? 153 lbs at 8300 rpm...that sucks ass. if you have ever riden in one, the first 6000 rpm are BORING. why? no torque. it's a shitty car. honda tried to make a 4 boring compete with a Z3 and boxter S and it doesn't come close to those. funny how the raptor's motor has 3 times the displacement of the s2000, but lets get off the S2000...and stop watching the fast and the furious you 15 year old child...you wanna talk working on cars, my dad's been master mechanic at the City garage since he was 16...he's 51 now and still goes every day. thats how i know these lame ass ricers don't have a chance against american muscle. sure, you may be able to out handle my TA, but i promise just by a little tiny bit. TRANS AM'S HANDLE!!! THEY HANDLE GREAT!!! TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING!!! try DRIVING one! with this displacement, i'll wax your little 15 year old ass right out from under you. cocky? hell yes. why? cause we have a DAMN good reason to be! <!-- Signature -->

19. Numnuts<!-- Signature -->

20. yes japanese cars are reliable always have been. the 360 has no place in this conversation as it is built to be the best at what it is and it does that quite well. As for the S2000, let me rephrase my earlier statement. I work in the automobile service industry and in doing such i have friends who are also in said industry. Some of these friend work at the Honda Dealership down the street from my dodge dealership. Now these technicians tell me about the strange and wierd problems that hondas come up with, and believe me hondas break down just like every other car on the planet. I have been told that iin the past 2 weeks 4 s2000's have come in due to problems resulting from high revs. Thats is all that i am saying. As for your Grandpa's firebird it sucks that he got a lemon, everyonce in a while all cars companies have lemons. My mother former vehicle, a BMW Z3, was as well a lemon, it sucks when that happens. My Z28 has not had a single problem yet and i have had it for half a year so far and i drive it harder than anyone should and have had no problems because i take care of it, keep up with the preventitive schedualed maintenance and oil changes and things of that nature. that is all that it takes to keep ANY vehicle reliable.

<!-- Signature -->

21. You know, arguing over the internet is kinda like the Special Olympics... Even when you win, you're still retarded.

22. hahaha, you posted just to say that?<!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from dumbass</i>
    <b>id buy it just for the sound system...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

His name explains what this is about!

24. and I love this car<!-- Signature -->

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BigWillman</i>
    <b>yes japanese cars are reliable always have been. the 360 has no place in this conversation as it is built to be the best at what it is and it does that quite well. As for the S2000, let me rephrase my earlier statement. I work in the automobile service industry and in doing such i have friends who are also in said industry. Some of these friend work at the Honda Dealership down the street from my dodge dealership. Now these technicians tell me about the strange and wierd problems that hondas come up with, and believe me hondas break down just like every other car on the planet. I have been told that iin the past 2 weeks 4 s2000's have come in due to problems resulting from high revs. Thats is all that i am saying. As for your Grandpa's firebird it sucks that he got a lemon, everyonce in a while all cars companies have lemons. My mother former vehicle, a BMW Z3, was as well a lemon, it sucks when that happens. My Z28 has not had a single problem yet and i have had it for half a year so far and i drive it harder than anyone should and have had no problems because i take care of it, keep up with the preventitive schedualed maintenance and oil changes and things of that nature. that is all that it takes to keep ANY vehicle reliable.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->any car company can be known for its 'lemon'ness'. but americans tend to push the envalope, thats why they depreciate in valvue quicker then any other countries cars in the world. jepans the slowest because they are the best built, and most reliable<!-- Signature -->