Re: 9600rpm!!

Discussion in '1967 Alfa Romeo T33 ‘Mugello’' started by Fastest, Aug 9, 2002.

1. THIS CAR LOOKS LIKE A PILE OF SHIT, EVER FOR THE 60'S!!!!!!!
    <!-- Signature -->

2. what!!!! i can't hear you there's this 1969 v8 next to me!!! what!!!no i didn't go to the bathroom

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from maranelloboy</i>
    <b>...Even though it's a V8, it's a small V8...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

you should soo the Suzuki C2's engine, its a twin turbo V8, but its only got 250hp, that may seem a bit crappy coming froma TTV8, but then you see that it's a 1.6 litre! wow.

Pic below:

p.s. the Ferrari F50 GT's peak power is at 10,200 rpm or summat, and it probably has a maximum engine speed of about 11,500 rpm, sumwhere around there.

that would scream!<!-- Signature -->

4. Yeah, the math fits right. Even though it's a V8, it's a small V8, allowing higher rpm, but not neccesarily more power. I'm sure it sounds ten times better than a big V8, or an engine of same size, but less chambers. This has gotta be a hoot to drive.<!-- Signature -->

5. this car is special , i love it !

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from slinkywizard</i>
    <b>man i'd love to hear how this thing sounds up the top of its curve. a 2 litre V8 revving to 9600. very cool! 270bhp from a 2 litre aint too shabby either - though i wonder on the fuel economy.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->love it!<!-- Signature -->

7. GEEZ!!! a V8 running 9600 rpm! I'd expect that from a rotary engine, not a V8!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from love of cars</i>
    <b>GEEZ!!! a V8 running 9600 rpm! I'd expect that from a rotary engine, not a V8!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Yeah. <!-- Signature -->

9. u can only fill a 2 litre with so much fuel.. doesn't matter if its 1 or 20 cylinders. In theory, a 2 litre 4 and a 2 litre 8 (if set up with comparable cam-grinds) would use just as much.

as far as those revs go... u can stroke a 351 windsor out to 454 (7.5 or so litres)... thats a 4.25" stroke.. with a BIG piston.. and still have it rev to 7500 all day. Wish they'd supply the b*s of this engine..

i'm goin specs hunting i thnk..

<!-- Signature -->

10. This is just beautiful. If they would have built more of these it would've most likely become a true classic of its time.<!-- Signature -->

11. Someone correct me if im wrong but that is just the 2 litres is just the capacity of the engine. I think because its an 8 cylinder it would use up quite a bit of fuel.

12. 9600rpm!!

man i'd love to hear how this thing sounds up the top of its curve. a 2 litre V8 revving to 9600. very cool! 270bhp from a 2 litre aint too shabby either - though i wonder on the fuel economy.<!-- Signature -->