Re: ALL imports SUCK!!!

Discussion in '2001 Honda Integra Type R' started by PontiacKing, Aug 9, 2002.

1. ALL imports SUCK!!!

<!-- Signature -->

2. Pontiacking is very well placed at my "idiot king" contest.

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from civicspeed22</i>
    <b>your all just ignorant, races are never fair or even or whatever ya wanna call it, its what ya brung and thats final. if ya all wanna wine about it get your dresses on. and to mr firebird, i wupd a firebird in my 4dr civic with a wopping 130 hp oh it was a 98 and mines a 90....is that fair.....you decide which would have been the favored?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->hey as i see it he probably didnt know you were racing? or maybe you flew by him in traffic? im not saying that a modded civic couldnt beat a v6 firebird but the fact that a v6 fire bird has 60 more horses and has way better acelleration then a honda makes it hard to beleive that you beat them..<!-- Signature -->

4. ha ha ha ha ha ha thats true, a pinto can beat a NSX. That funny when it happens.

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from kid_rebel303</i>
    <b>ha ha ha ha ha ha thats true, a pinto can beat a NSX. That funny when it happens. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->and you can spread that around<!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from kid_rebel303</i>
    <b>I dont think that he was trying to call you poor. YOU ARE POOR! And not only that, you have no skill in fixing up a car. Just because you have a big V-8 engine with a supercharger doesnt make you cool.
    Hey Honda Rulez, dont you just hate when a dick head like this comes into a website of imports and talks shit? I guess since he has nothing smart to talk about, he comes in here and tries to make himself feel better because a little hatchback can smoke a Viper. And yet he says that it is too expensive? Damb, I wonder where he buys his parts. A Civic can be tunned to run 8's in the quarter. Now thats when you really put down the big bucks. But to make it beat a Viper doesn't cost that much. You just say that because you have no knowledge of imports. Try reading Super Street for once in your life. And no I'm not saying that I hate domestics, I just hate domestic drivers who talk a lot of shit. You say that you hate imports, when you see a domestic beat a Porsche 911, a Supra, or an Integra Type R in an overall track race (by track race I mean, in the quarter, racing track, not a hick oval that you call Nascar) and then come and say something! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->the zo6 already destroys all those cars? and cost less then the porsche as well a supra can easily be deffeated by a ws6 trans am and im pretty sure that same trans am will do the same to to the integra.... and i guess since you have no supporting facts to any of the insults that you made towards my friend "the dirty bird" that maybe your just stoopid? how bout that and maybe we hate you civic drivers who think that a honda is gods gift to the world and you know what else for the amount of money you have to drop on a civic in mods to beat a viper you could do that to a trans am and it would cost you less whats up with that?
    AMF
    <!-- Signature -->

7. I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA SO TO ME PONTIAC IS AN IMPORT!..... FOOL<!-- Signature -->

8. ill drink to that.<!-- Signature -->

9. #9 sickboy9, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from fenix4116</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sickboy9</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from fenix4116</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sickboy9</i>
    <b>Pushrods and live rear axles, man. And apparently you missed the most relevant thing I said... "grow up".</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->and these old ideals still work rite? so why change it? and who are you telling to grow up he really didnt say anything imature why dont you get a life?
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Okay, that's fair. But if we never changed anything that worked to begin with, why are we not driving steam-powered cars? Do you have any idea what kind of power (and I won't even get into fuel economy) GM could get out of a big ol' American redneck V8 if they invested some R&D time in variable valve timing, and variable induction, and such 1960's technology as overhead camshafts? Dear God, this is the 21st century!! Why are they still using pushrods!! I don't buy the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" argument, it's a crock of s***. All it shows is laziness and cheapness on GM's part. GM has been showing some very encouraging forward thinking lately, with the new Cadillacs, and the Pontiac Solstice and such. But if GM wants an ounce of respect from me, they need to pull their heads out and get with the time. I think that GM's reluctance to dispense with outdated technology is an insult to their customers. I wish you all could see that.

Incidentally, I cannot believe that you said "really didnt say anything imature" and "why dont you get a life?" in the same sentence. The reason I said "grow up" is that it really bothers me to see this bitching and moaning back and forth about imports vs. domestics. Who cares? Drive your car. If you like it, fine. But don't whine about what other people drive.

Anyone else wanna say something freakin' brilliant (and badly spelled) like our friend here? I'll take on all comers.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Hey i will quote on your stoopidity again if i must. I have never seen a red neck engine could you please point one out to me? Do they have "gangsta" or "punk" engines where you live? Next these overhead cam pushrod engines make crazy amounts of troque and HP which is what Im looking for in a car i don't see a stock civic pumping out almost 500 hp stock do you? I think the fact that your bitching about this is retarded and i can't beleive im argueing the fact with you....Incidentally, I cannot believe that you said "it really bothers me to see this bitching and moaning back and forth about imports vs. domestics." cause with what you said about it looks to me like you do the same? And for god sakes look at what you are argueing about. "But don't whine about what other people drive." how about you don't whine about the 350 sohc lt1 engine in my Trans Am and i wont wine about you I4 DOHC in what ever your drive! and mock me again and we will see who is challenging who to what i took it easy on you next time i will lay all your shit out
    AMF</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You seem to be the smartest of this whole V8 lovin' bunch. Here's a link to an IQ test. I'm curious to see what your results are. http://www.bookrags.com/iqtest/iqrules.html My score was 145. I want to be sure that you are dumber than I am.

I'll come to the defense of an import anytime. But I didn't start this. I defended what I considered to be wrong, then I said all that stuff about not bitching and moaning because it should have stopped there. But whatever. ***** all you want. You just make yourself look more stupid. Notice that's "stupid", not "stoopid". I'll respect you a lot more if you can intelligently articulate and correctly spell your bullshit. Intelligent bullshit is a lot easier to swallow.

And, no, there are no "gangsta" or "punk" engines... but I sure hear this goddamn "ricer" word boing thrown about a lot. Care to comment again?

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sickboy9</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from fenix4116</i>
    <b>Pushrods and live rear axles, man. And apparently you missed the most relevant thing I said... "grow up".</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->and these old ideals still work rite? so why change it? and who are you telling to grow up he really didnt say anything imature why dont you get a life?
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Okay, that's fair. But if we never changed anything that worked to begin with, why are we not driving steam-powered cars? Do you have any idea what kind of power (and I won't even get into fuel economy) GM could get out of a big ol' American redneck V8 if they invested some R&D time in variable valve timing, and variable induction, and such 1960's technology as overhead camshafts? Dear God, this is the 21st century!! Why are they still using pushrods!! I don't but the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" argument, it's a crock of s***. All it shows is laziness and cheapness on GM's part. GM has been showing some very encouraging forward thinking lately, with the new Cadillacs, and the Pontiac Solstice and such. But if GM wants an ounce of respect from me, they need to pull their heads out and get with the time. I think that GM's reluctance to dispense with outdated technology is an insult to their customers. I wish you all could see that.

Incidentally, I cannot believe that you said "really didnt say anything imature" and "why dont you get a life?" in the same sentence. The reason I said "grow up" is that it really bothers me to see this bitching and moaning back and forth about imports vs. domestics. Who cares? Drive your car. If you like it, fine. But don't whine about what other people drive.

Anyone else wanna say something freakin' brilliant (and badly spelled) like our friend here? I'll take on all comers.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Hey i will quote on your stoopidity again if i must. I have never seen a red neck engine could you please point one out to me? Do they have "gangsta" or "punk" engines where you live? Next these overhead cam pushrod engines make crazy amounts of troque and HP which is what Im looking for in a car i don't see a stock civic pumping out almost 500 hp stock do you? I think the fact that your bitching about this is retarded and i can't beleive im argueing the fact with you....Incidentally, I cannot believe that you said "it really bothers me to see this bitching and moaning back and forth about imports vs. domestics." cause with what you said about it looks to me like you do the same? And for god sakes look at what you are argueing about. "But don't whine about what other people drive." how about you don't whine about the 350 sohc lt1 engine in my Trans Am and i wont wine about you I4 DOHC in what ever your drive! and mock me again and we will see who is challenging who to what i took it easy on you next time i will lay all your shit out
    AMF<!-- Signature -->

11. #11 fenix4116, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rthompson</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from westcoasthonda</i>
    <b>Don't you just hate typos. For one, NSX's don't do 60 in 5.7, why, because a 240 hp S2000 reaches 60 in less time than that. The real NSX 0-60 times are 4.6-4.9 as tested by Motor Trend and Car & Driver. Still don't believe me, well check them out for yourself if you have any access to these magazines. Now I agree with you that the price range is so different on these cars, but if you think about the expense it takes to import one of these to our shores, then you'll notice that the true price on the NSX would be about 40g's in japan.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

There is a huge price difference between the two no matter where you are in the world..... as for performance in a street race... they are very close.

http://popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars_trucks/1999/7/comparison_test_13_quickest_cars/print.phtml

just take a look at how they do on the same track on the same day... The fact is that the NSX doesn't whoop the Pontiac in a street race.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->You know what i have this link to and i can't for the life of me figure out why i didnt post it in the first place i would also like to add that your the man!<!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from westcoasthonda</i>
    <b>Don't you just hate typos. For one, NSX's don't do 60 in 5.7, why, because a 240 hp S2000 reaches 60 in less time than that. The real NSX 0-60 times are 4.6-4.9 as tested by Motor Trend and Car & Driver. Still don't believe me, well check them out for yourself if you have any access to these magazines. Now I agree with you that the price range is so different on these cars, but if you think about the expense it takes to import one of these to our shores, then you'll notice that the true price on the NSX would be about 40g's in japan.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->car and driver puts it at 5.0 not 4.9 <!-- Signature -->

13. ALRIGHT....here is the deal. Imports don't suck. I can't think of a single country that makes cars...korea being the exception... that creates a bad car. American cars are good for muscle cars and trucks. British cars are good for good qualit, exceptionally fast, sports cars, and very high priced. German cars are just great quality, good handling and good performance. Italian cars are of some of the finest quality and fastest. French make the peugeot 206 which is one of the greatest rally cars out there. The japanese make great turbo charged cars and are great for modifying as well as affordable

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PontiacKing</i>ALL imports SUCK!!!
    <b></b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Kind of like you. No countrys cars suck.<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from speedymuthafukka</i>
    <b>ALRIGHT....here is the deal. Imports don't suck. I can't think of a single country that makes cars...korea being the exception... that creates a bad car. American cars are good for muscle cars and trucks. British cars are good for good qualit, exceptionally fast, sports cars, and very high priced. German cars are just great quality, good handling and good performance. Italian cars are of some of the finest quality and fastest. French make the peugeot 206 which is one of the greatest rally cars out there. The japanese make great turbo charged cars and are great for modifying as well as affordable</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well you do kinda have to give the Koreans some props for offering a 10 year warranty on their cars. But those are only offers, whether or not a customer must use that warranty, well, only a person that drives one can tell us.

16. pontiac sucks u #$%#in dyke!

17. Isn't that the midget calling the munchkin short?? Good joke Mr. "Pontiac Rules"

18. All imports suck???? last i checked Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Rolls Royce area all imports, they don't suck.<!-- Signature -->

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from westcoasthonda</i>
    <b>Isn't that the midget calling the munchkin short?? Good joke Mr. "Pontiac Rules"</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->well all of honda is a joke so whats your point at least pontiac can make a car that is fast stock?<!-- Signature -->

20. so much bragging...

what're you 'american cars rule' people gonna do when the firbird and camaro are gone? depend soley on the viper and vette... that sucks for you guys... not much left for the rear-wheel drive world... get all your bragging in now, eventually the rear-wheel drive car will belong only to those who have mass amounts of cash<!-- Signature -->

21. you have no idea do you

22. you say imports suck because you lose to imports...and you gotta let off all that guilt because every import you try to beat smokes your domestic

23. HMMM i have never been beat by ANY foreign car in my domestic.... interesting theory tho, just not very realistic.<!-- Signature -->

24. I'm guessin you don't know much about imports. Jesus Christ...I wish we'd get some intelligent people in these forums.<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: so much bragging...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jcarothers</i>
    <b>what're you 'american cars rule' people gonna do when the firbird and camaro are gone? depend soley on the viper and vette... that sucks for you guys... not much left for the rear-wheel drive world... get all your bragging in now, eventually the rear-wheel drive car will belong only to those who have mass amounts of cash</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

They'll be back in a couple of years. In the mean time there will still be PLENTY left on the road to terrorize Civics, Integras, Preludes, etc.

Also, Ford has been nice enough to help out with an all new 6 speed, 390 horse power, 390 lbs of torque 2003 Mustang Cobra. <!-- Signature -->