Re: all you honda boys

Discussion in '2001 Ford XR8 Xplod Concept' started by vee8killer, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Im starting to wonder if its Houston or dumbass's in other states that dont know. We have 1000+hp supras rolling around houston, 9 and 10 second honda sleepers (such as mine) creeping the streets. If you dont believe that or me, come to Houston, we will show your domestic lovin ass whats up. Thats a promise....

2. If a V8 can do it with displacement, a 4 or 6 cylinder can do it with technology.

3. Research or not, i was there and it sounded great....even on the other side of the building i could still hear the music coming out of it...but then again according to 'ur majesty here' its shit...<!-- Signature -->

4. This argument goes on in every part of North America. First of all, stock vs. stock and in the same price range, domestic cars are faster. Yes, the Supra, 3000 GT, 300ZX and the RX-7 are fast cars, but brand new they were very expensive compared to a Stang or Camaro. They were more in the price range of Corvettes, in which case, they lost. An import car can be tuned to run low 10's, but that costs upwards of $50000 (uh....that's Canadian dollars). If you put that much money into a Stang, you'd have a very dangerous car on your hands. I'm not saying that import cars suck, but they are just not as fast. Even the nasty little Z-24's and Neon RT's kick the shit out of stock Civics and Sentras. I will say that imports engender a bit more class and style than domestics. Here is the ultimate test. Say you have only $6000 US. For that amount of money, you can pick from a variety of import cars, or you can get a '92 5.0 Stang. Which do you think would win?

5. LOL Imports.... Thats all I do when I see them by me reving. Laugh. When I hear them talking about their 180 hp and 200 hp I laugh my ass off. Most I have ever seen from a import was 300 hp from a 3000 GT. And its a larger 6 cylinder. I have a 77 Ford F-150 with a 460. Bring any import on. I have some smoke and a hole lost of dust for ya. Im a hard up ford fan. My truck is more reliable than most people. I will put it this way. You cant put horse power where there is no engine. If I put a turbo system on my truck and NOS. Even as loud as my truck is you wouldnt hear it. I'd wizz by you so fast it sound like and indy car. Wouldnt even know what the hell it was. Sorry, im not much of a chevy fan but I would take the most crappiest chevy over any import. Plus, Im a mechanic and to fix a import costs alot more than to fix any domestic. And I only paid 1200 for my truck. I could built it up to do 7-8 seconds and still be street legal. Lets see a 3000 GT do that!

6. so as your probably american 77 rocket, what do you think of this aussie frod invention (sort 0f) ??

7. all i have to say is ford sucks, i havent seen one ford street legal break a nine and i still dont understand why mustang #%$s think they have a muscle car. seriously do they really think theyre fast. i dont own a american car and never choose to own so much weight but if i had to it wouldnt be a ford i would go for a real muscle car like a 69 camaro with real horse power lets see ford make a 69 302 motor with 380 hp haha

8. I have a Honda civic (paid 400$ for the car itself) with about 7000$ invested producing 473hp to the wheels (dyno tested). Its all motor. No NoS, no turbo, no kind of boost. Its a 4 cylinder.

""Did you notice that domestics that are naturally asapirated run low 9's""
    hey dumbass Nitrous isnt NATURALLY ASAPIRATED... man, im glad i dont have this born in a barn farm education. My car is faster, and I know how to spell...
    Does your car run as good as you can spell. Go get you an ejumication... then get one for cars so you know what the hell your talking about...

Unlike a domestic, when you buy an import your paying for quality, not quantity.

And to WHEELMAN, you would have to invest that much money into a ford just to keep it running everytime it breaks down. You go get a Dodge Neon R/T , and ill go get a stock 2000 honda civic Si. See who walks all over who.... And for the record, the Neon R/T has the NON-TURBO eclipse motor in it from mitsubishi, and the cavaliers have toyota motors. For 6000$ you can get an old school supra that will run faster and handle a hell of alot better than a five point slow mustang..

Quote from 77ROCKET :
    "I have a 77 Ford F-150 with a 460. Bring any import on. I have some smoke and a hole lost of dust for ya....."
    Sorry , ill be to far ahead of the farm truck to catch the smoke you got belching out of the exhaust pipes.. Bring any import on huh? Go find a Supra TT,,, thats all i gotta say, he will whoop your ass for sure. I promise. I think you would have a better race against your JOHN DEER tractor. You ever heard of Technology? probably not if you still have a 77 ford. technology can pack horsepower in a small engine.. And if you ever "whizzed" by me, it would be because i was parked, and i would know what it is, i would say look at that slow piece of shit!

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from blaqmajikk</i>
    <b>all i have to say is ford sucks, i havent seen one ford street legal break a nine and i still dont understand why mustang #%$s think they have a muscle car. seriously do they really think theyre fast. i dont own a american car and never choose to own so much weight but if i had to it wouldnt be a ford i would go for a real muscle car like a 69 camaro with real horse power lets see ford make a 69 302 motor with 380 hp haha</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree

10. all you honda boys

you all have cars that suck and all of those jap crap cars sound the same and you need to stop sticking up for them whenever someone talks about them. And don't say that you have an MR2 with 400HP and a 200 shot os nitris or some gay shit like that.Did you notice that domestics that are naturally asapirated run low 9's and those slow and gay imports without turbos or nitris or some other kind of boost run in the low 13's. Get a life and buy a car thats worth is weight.

Theres no replacement for displacement

11. Even though ford sucks when compared to holden, id rather drive a ford than a honda. At least they know that V8s are better than 4 cylinders.

Only milk and juice come in 2 litres

12. hey all you American dumb asses shut up this is a Australian car witch just has a bored out motor and a huge sound system Australian cars are mainly like American cars but with less power I would prefer me mates skyline gt-r

13. *yaaaawn*

Same ol' s h i t......

Ok... Time to teach all u fools a thing or 2. My skyline r32 GTR pulls only 340hp at the wheels (all four wheels) and drags in under 11. Bear in mind this car was purchased stock, and all that was done to it was a de-limiting chip was fitted to get rid of the 206kw power limit designated by the japanese government, and a 45kg sound system was installed (goes off!!). I can not only shame any v8 (street legal) in any performance area ( 0-100, top end, cornering) but I can do it all day for the price of 2 large pizzas (with australian fuel prices).

Lets see now... a $AU 30 000 skyline (with performance and economy to boot), or an el cheapo "stang"; pay $AU12 000 now, $AU 500 every time U go out. Hmmm...

Pfft, who ever likes V8's needs to wake up. Times change, they were good, now they're not,

live with it.

14. Damn Straight

15. If you want a car that will outpace anything on the planet then look no further then a little british company named after a bloke called Trevor. Yes thats right. TVR. Not only do they produce cars that will kill Dodges, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, and any of your american or japanese or australian cars for a price of £45,000 (not bad considering the performance) they also make a car that will go from 0-60 in 3 seconds flat. THe Speed 12.

No if you think any Ford, Holden, Honda, Mitsubushi, Nissan or anything can beat a Cerbera 4.5 then i would like to see you try, cos u will fail. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

LONG LIVE BRITISH CARS!!!!!!!!!!!

other british cars taht would woop american, aussie, japanese ass are:

Jaguar XKR-R
    Aston Martin Vanquish
    Any other of the TVR lineup
    Noble M12 GTO
    Caterham R500 Superlight
    Lotus Carlton
    Opel Astra extreme (not strictly british, but is based on the Vauxhall Astra)

16. evilninjamoby what the #$%# have you been smoking? this does not look remotely like a holden.

17. why the #$%# is there a big stereo in an xr8 ?!!!
    falcons should have big engines (this engine is good still) not big gay wog systems in them . shit ford do some gay shit some times !!

18. #18 rixochet, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Anything you can do to an inline-4 you can do with a v8. If you plan on tuning a car in any way at all you might as well start with a bigger engine. If you're not going to tune, or do very little then fine, go with an inline 4. Yeah I'm sure at 300+ whatever horsepower you'll keep up with a viper, riiight. All you have to do to see which is better is look at the extremes, do it yourself because I know you're just gonna argue me. Go look up some real drag racing results.

http://fluxu8.nismo.org/videos.html

19. Man, I'm so tired of people who own rice burners saying " My civic makes 500hp with no turbos or nos"! [email protected]$t! Prove it. If somehow in hell you were able to do that it would last for about 10 minutes before it blew apart! I have nothing against civics or any car of that nature, but stop the lying!! If that's how everybodys gonna be than my 2001 mustang gt puts out 1225 rwhp with just a [email protected] airfilter. And it runs under 5 seconds in the 1\4.

20. #$%# all you ford guys are wankers

21. Hey I've got a question.....

How come when everyone argues over which car is faster nobody ever brings up European cars. If you really want to have a fair comparison as to which is the best bang for your buck, let's throw in some European cars to compete vs. the American and Japanese ones.

GO COSWORTH!!!!<!-- Signature -->

22. Thats a very good call. Im not partial to either small engines, or large ones, i think they both have their fine points. But, if your gonna say smaller jap engines have more technology than a larger engine, try say....an M5. Big engine, no turbo, and im pretty sure it will beat the pants off alot of modified jap cars. I agree that displacement isnt everything, but a large engine made properly, will always be superior to a smaller one.

23. Man there are a lot of posts in this forum from guys who really suck alot of ass. The only decent supercar Ford has made was the GT90, and that was a concept. The new falcon AU's and pretty much all of the aussie fords totally suck anus. As far as i can see if you want a car with decent stats, dont buy a Ford unless you really want to put a lot of money towards it.

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Wheelman</i>
    <b>This argument goes on in every part of North America. First of all, stock vs. stock and in the same price range, domestic cars are faster. Yes, the Supra, 3000 GT, 300ZX and the RX-7 are fast cars, but brand new they were very expensive compared to a Stang or Camaro. They were more in the price range of Corvettes, in which case, they lost. An import car can be tuned to run low 10's, but that costs upwards of $50000 (uh....that's Canadian dollars). If you put that much money into a Stang, you'd have a very dangerous car on your hands. I'm not saying that import cars suck, but they are just not as fast. Even the nasty little Z-24's and Neon RT's kick the shit out of stock Civics and Sentras. I will say that imports engender a bit more class and style than domestics. Here is the ultimate test. Say you have only $6000 US. For that amount of money, you can pick from a variety of import cars, or you can get a '92 5.0 Stang. Which do you think would win?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Z24s and Neon R/Ts aren't stock. The Cavalier and Neon are stock. (I'm neutral here as I like all kinds of cars except for most Fords, all Ladas, and all Kias) The person who started this should be shot for being a phuccen ignorant moron. Phucc, I'd bust out my USP and shoot you right now if you told me where you live and if it were legal. You give domestic loverz a bad name. <!-- Signature -->

25. Ok here's the deal. The stigma that only redneck hicks drive domestics with v-8s is a very old and unintelligent stereotype used by prodomonantly liberal import owners. The stigma that only city slicker pretty boys own v-tec turbo super extra multi-ultra charged 4 cylinders is also incorrect. Here is the real and unbiased facts about speed. Technology and displacement both mean power. However, technology on newer import cars is more reliable--BUT NOT BY MUCH. I own a 1973 1/2 ton w/a big bock 454. In the last 10 years I have spent maybe $200 keeping an at least 430 hp truck running. However, if any one of the "technology" system parts goes out on your honda, supra, WRX, etc... You are looking at at least $400-$1000. What's the better deal? I also own another vehicle with a 400 samll block. With low compression, stock everything, this engine develops a conservative 340-370 hp. Add an 1141 magnacharger, high compression heads and pistons, and you have 700 hp for about $500. I'dont care what you have, this truck is fast. Also, if we ever race and get into a wreck, I go over the top of your car while you are crushed to death. All in all, yes, v-8 domestics are somewhat less reliable, but they also give you unmatched power and are very easy on your budget. Finally, it doesn't make sense to buy a snap together car with a tiny souped up engine. All that does is wear the little engine out quicker. Yes, this is the way things work, if you don't belive me, just consult motor trend for all of the 2001 vehicles of the year. With the exception of 1, the SUV, domestics reigned in power, comfort, and quality.