Re: Amazing Performance for its time!

Discussion in '1980 BMW M1 Procar' started by BMW M, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Amazing Performance for its time!

Acceleration and top speed on this car amazing on this car. The 80's was a time when the supercar concept was quite fuzzy.<!-- Signature -->

2. Oh yes !
    This car is still very impressive , and can face many of the present supercars.
    It was seen as a "monster" at that time , I think it still can horrify many race cars , and ridiculises the civil M3& M5.
    I could kill to see a race between this car and the Group B Quattro Rally.

3. I agree with both of you. This car has an amazing performance even for now. Definitely still can keep up and possibly beat the current supercar out there now

4. and after all it looks good<!-- Signature -->

5. The proformance is good but not stunning. The porshe 959b and 956 could beat it, but they were not really in a comparable class. It was sweet.<!-- Signature -->

6. the only reason this car is faster than the present day m3 and m5 is because this is a non street legal race car. the street version of this car does 0-60 in 5.6 while the street legal m3's and m5's do 0-60 in 4.7 and 4.8 respectively. and the racing version of the m3 gtr does 0-60 in 3.4. so no, this car is not better than the present day m3's and m5's. still a good car for its day though.

7. This car looks good and it can preform. All of this plus its from the 80's nice<!-- Signature -->

8. For 80's this car is very good .Top speed 309.0 kph is very good .
    6 cyl. 470.0hp 9000 rpm is amazing .BMW rulezzzz.

9. The performance is very good. 9000rpm in year 1980 is so amazing!<!-- Signature -->

10. bmw rulzzzzzzz all the god damn way hey ya guys check the gear ratio and hp/litre and let's talk about it.m3 e36 m3 346 r the best cars ever made<!-- Signature -->

11. BMW M1, Porsche 959, 965(Moby Dick), 917. I think that is enough to convince anyone to buy a German Car.<!-- Signature -->

12. This car was tuned in group 5 racing spec to 850bhp