Re: American cars can only drive straight

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by triebe614, Aug 9, 2002.

1. when and if the bugatti takes it, it will be much different. i'm willin to bet that the bugatti can be driven on a road coarse too, like a real supercar should...this stuff with straight line and banked corners is way over-hyped

2. Precisely…because it will be a good all around car as well. Not just a top speed.
    <!-- Signature -->

3. What makes you think that the Sledgehammer isn't a good all around American car? Vette1 posted the stats on a different forum which you saw. .98g's on the skidpad and 65. somethin in the slalom. Stats of a car that can handle well. Yes, these stats came from the Callaway website but don't say that the must be lieing about it. Just because it's from their website doesn't mean it's all a lie to get publicity. They would have no reason to make those stats look better than they are because it was made for top speed.

4. You don't seriously think there was no incentive to exaggerate do you? Come on it takes more than factory claims to convince me. All car manufacturers show better times than those that you see in magazines and televised tests.

5. I'm sorry if I can't convince you guys that this car can handle well. You can't prove that it doesn't so what are you getting at? I do not agree with you guys who say that most American car magazines are biased. I agree that some are but not most. Look at R&T. It shows you the facts. You don't see an American car at the top of every chart do you? What about Motor Trend? Popular Mechanics is a magazine that I subscibe to that has a complete section for cars every month. It tells you every upgrade to every car they test since the last model. They give you charts on likes and dislikes from the buyers. They test cars form mini's to Lamborghinis. They tell you what they liked about them and what they didn't. Belive me they aren't biased. Pick one of these magazines up or go to their websites and prove yourselves wrong.

6. We get those mags too. And they may not put American cars on top of every chart but they are on top of plenty of charts they don't belong on. No one said they're always biased. But they have been known to bend the truth from time to time.<!-- Signature -->

7. Know to bend the truth? Would you care to substantiate this claim? Apparently, Car and Driver is well aware of American critics like some of you guys.

Quote: "What's this? a Chevrolet beats out a trio of Germany's finest rocket sleds? Is the same Chevy that peddles work-a-day cavaliers and pick-'em-ups by the day squillions? Our European readers will accuse us of rampant jingoism, and domestic cynics will allege that GM has finally outbribed BMW to land a win" (Aug. 2001, "Topless Toys")

Just thought it was interesting. And for those of you devoid of reason, this is NOT proof that C&D or any other American car mag is biased.

8. every auto magazine in the world is biased. it is almost expected as soon as u pick it up from the news stand. the european car magazine CAR, describes the corvette as "wal-mart" style interior, or "its like sitting in a bath tub". we all know that each country and magazine will represent their views differenttly. its not something u can change or avoid. its just the way it is. but i agree, not all american magazines are biased, they just operate differently.

the following is a list of american magazines with extreme biased, and sometimes prejudice remarks:

5.0 liter (mustangs)
    NHRA
    Truckin

9. Many are biased. Maybe not all the time but they can be. If you can't see that then you are the minority because few (at least outside the States) would deny it.<!-- Signature -->

10. I already know that some are. I named 3 that aren't.

11. You can vouch that they are 100% honest all the time? Doubt it.

12. Popular Mechanics is one of the best selling magazines of all time. This year it is celebrating its 100th aniversary. To keep a magazine around for that long I'd say you have to be honest. I would say that the guys of Popular Mechanics are honest 95% of the time. I didn't say correct 100% of the time but honest. There's a difference.

13. Ever think maybe some of their success can be credited to the fact that they tell their target market (mainly composed of Americans) what they want to hear. I won't argue that it is a good magazine though. And I can't say I've read a lot of bullshit in it either. But no magazine is 100% honest or accurate. I appreciate your honesty.

14. If American enginering is so bad, then how come it's basically only the US and Britain fighting over the land speed records? When a German, Italian, Canadian, etc.... car can go over 700 or even 800 mph then give me a call.

15. I wouldn't call you if my life depended on it but to answer your question, who the #$%# cares. We are comparing road going cars and you mention something totally off topic. Maybe some countries have the proceeds to try and crack the Guiness Book of Records but others don't care. Keep it about real cars or shut up. What you are implying is that because Britain and the USA are trying to top each other for the land speed record that Chevrolet is better than Porsche, or Ford is better than Lamborghini, or Dodge is better than Ferrari. You are stupid. Keep the dumb thoughts to yourself. Isn't this the same guy that called gsolinas an idiot? That's ironic. Think before you post shit.

16. Man, you truly are stupid.

"I wouldn't call you if my life depended on it but to answer your question, who the #$%# cares."

I'm glad, because I wouldn't want you to call me anyways. Sorry, I don't swing that way.

"We are comparing road going cars and you mention something totally off topic."

Actually, some people were talking about American engineering sucking. It's quite funny how stupid that comment is.

"Maybe some countries have the proceeds to try and crack the Guiness Book of Records but others don't care. Keep it about real cars or shut up."

Oh yeah, I forgot those cars are fake...... Maybe some countries would have you shot on sight because you're so damn stupid. Haha.

"What you are implying is that because Britain and the USA are trying to top each other for the land speed record that Chevrolet is better than Porsche, or Ford is better than Lamborghini, or Dodge is better than Ferrari."

No, what your dumbass is implying is something that you shouldn't imply, because I didn't say anything close enough to that for you to imply that. Are you really that stupid? Go, learn some logic or look up the word 'imply' because you have no grasp of what that word means.

"You are stupid. Keep the dumb thoughts to yourself."

It's nice to see that you're talking to yourself. You should play the 'crazy' angle more so at least you have some sort of excuse for being that damn stupid.

"Isn't this the same guy that called gsolinas an idiot? That's ironic. Think before you post shit."

You don't even know what 'ironic' means. Go, look it up and pretend you knew what it meant all along.

17. “I'm glad, because I wouldn't want you to call me anyways. Sorry, I don't swing that way.”

Bullshit. You even write like a #%$.

“Oh yeah, I forgot those cars are fake...... Maybe some countries would have you shot on sight because you're so damn stupid. Haha.”

Are they road going cars you retard. NO. And I should be shot. You’re way off topic!

“No, what your dumbass is implying is something that you shouldn't imply, because I didn't say anything close enough to that for you to imply that. Are you really that stupid? Go, learn some logic or look up the word 'imply' because you have no grasp of what that word means”

Just out of curiosity what were you implying because the entire post was totally irrelevant.

“It's nice to see that you're talking to yourself. You should play the 'crazy' angle more so at least you have some sort of excuse for being that damn stupid”

I seriously have a 4 year old niece that would say something like that. You should be ashamed.

So me disagreeing with you makes me dumb despite the fact that I have posted intelligent conversation with proof and all you have done is quote pre-schoolers and make an ass out of yourself.

Kid go to school.

18. "Bullshit. You even write like a #%$."

I'm not sure how a #%$ writes, so maybe I'll just have to take your word on that. Uh, no.

"Are they road going cars you retard. NO. And I should be shot. You’re way off topic!"

Is that what you said? Well, is it? T-t-t-today junior. And thanks for pointing out the obvious.

"Just out of curiosity what were you implying because the entire post was totally irrelevant."

It's irrelevant because you're an idiot? Great logic there.

"I seriously have a 4 year old niece that would say something like that. You should be ashamed."

I bet you pretend that you're married or have a girlfriend too. Go, keep the charade up.

"and all you have done is quote pre-schoolers and make an ass out of yourself."

I've quoted you, so what does that say?

"Kid go to school."

I seriously have a 4 year old niece that would say something like that. You should be ashamed.

19. You are so original. Listen since all you're going to do is regurgitate what I write just click on quote and post this as your next message, at least you'll look smarter.

20. Did BigBlock just call someone dumb? Talk about the pot and the kettle.<!-- Signature -->

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>Did BigBlock just call someone dumb? Talk about the pot and the kettle.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

careful... or someone (I won't mention names) will call you a "pimp-ass Italian C*cksucker".

22. Clarkeone68,

is your name a reference to Jim Clark being killed in 1968?

23. hey gsolinas porsches are FLAT sixes

24. Thanks man I had no idea. (sarcasm)<!-- Signature -->