Re: American patriotism

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by tiger005, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Agreed.<!-- Signature -->

2. Ok first of all, stop acting like an ass and bringing that up because I'm telling you for the last time, it's not real and the IP's didn't match either, and you know it so shut up and grow the #$%# up. Yes, you!

Second, now that I have your attention, here we go...

Ok we all know that from 1989 to 1999, three models of skylines were built: The R32, R33 and the R34. All three models feature the RB26DETT engine as well as the ATTESA E-TS all wheel drive
    system. Let's not forget the Super HICAS four wheel steering system from Nissan which allows for beautiful grip and control over the road. The Skyline engine is a turbocharged, a 2.6 liter, 24 valve beauty which produces a said bhp of 276 but that's only due to HP limits in Japan, which restrict the HP from going over that. In reality, the engine produces 350 HP @ 6800RPM. The engine itself can handle up to 600 HP without even undergoing internal modifications!

The ATTESA E-TS electronically controlled all-wheel drive system is a beauty of its' own. When the computer senses a loss of traction, it sends 50% of the tourque automatically, to the front wheels of the car keeping it balanced and stable. This is similar to the Audi Quattro system. Under normal conditions the car remains a rear-wheel drive car.

Only the R33 and the R34 contain the ATTESA E-TS Pro system, which includes a more aggressively controlled torque splitting computer and an electronically controlled limited slip differential in the rear end.

Look at the R34 Project 348, an experiment by Blitz where they took an R34 Skyline and modified it bigtime using parts from their catalogue. We're talking a single KKK turbo charger, alng with 6 x 1000cc injectors, an uprated intercooler, an induction kit, Nur Spec 'R' exhaust, DSBC boost control, Multi Speed Turbo Timer, Uprated pistons, High performance camshafts, uprated suspension, a Blitz Aero bodykit, oil cooler, uprated clutch, Blitz Technospeed Z1 18 inch rims, Brembo 6 pot brakes, and Access ECU upgrade. All this, coming entirely from the Blitz catalogue was able to achieve 890 HP and on the day they tested it, it reached slightly over 215 MPH, running on 34 Psi.

It's because of the car's engine, which comes with a twin turbo, that allows for upgrades to be cheap and very effective. There's no limit because you don't have to include the addition of so many extra components to achieve great amounts of power whereas with the Viper, you do. The car's beautiful traction control and response system adds to the car's grip on the road and makes it one of the best.

The car, also, has a much more boxy shape than that of the Viper, where it allows for a lot of room to be done underneath the hood, around the engine. The Viper, if you look at it, is much narrower than the Viper since it is quite tall in length. Narrower sides allow for less room underneath the front hood, which means less parts able to be fit into the car to increase the power potential. The Hennessey had to undergo so much work that would otherwise be simply done on the GT-R. Twin Garrett chargers were added and that involves a lot of the reworking and restructuring of the insides. The GT-R, with it's already existent twin turbo, requires no mass amount of effort to incorporate new technologies to "beef" up the car, leading to much more space, left to upgrade the car, less money to do so, and a greater overall product.

Remember, the Skyline's shape allows for the whole thing to be taken apart and put back together quite easilty like a giant Lego block. The car, like many lego blocks, can be grouped with many other blocks and stick together well. The same thing applies here.

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550WOLVES</i>
    <b>Retarded? Just how stupid you can get truly amazes me, and the fact that you can swoop down so low making yourself sound like an ass is also quite hilarious because you're playing a game you can't win. And it's gonna be even funnier if you reply by repeating the same thing you've been repeating numerous times about continuing to have different identities and not knowing anything about cars and yadda yadda yadda. You're a rookie, face it. You can't think or come up with anything new to say and so you keep repeating your pathetic lame-ass comments. I get it, you think I'm the same people but you haven't proved it except for your "alleged" matching IP's which Legend showed that they didn't. Can you get any dumber? Your limited to the amount of witty comments you can think of and you reply to people who completely shut you down by calling them "retards" or "asses" and then add by calling them stupid. Well kudos to you and your immature brain imitating that of a five year old. My kid cousin could probably outsmart you in nearly every aspect, I'm serious because you really are that dumb. And you're calling me and others, the retards? Buddy, don't contradict and make a fool of yourself because your attempts to defame me aren't working especially when I really am not the same person. This whole debate and arguement is getting really old and tiring because you're too hard headed and brain dead so it's pointless to continue and carry on with this. Nothing's being accomplished and I'm not getting to post much regarding other cars. Grow the #$%# up and mature kid, and grow a penis and go get laid.

You not understanding a single thing about my explanation just further explains your stupidit. Read it again and you'll find the section about the twin turbo engine and the design of the car. Read that and if you still have questions, feel free to ask but don't make an ass of yourself doing so.

And tumblerman, in response to your post, you're absolutely right, not all Americans are this way but if you read the entire post, you'll see I wasn't writing to criticize ALL Americans. My point of arguement was that there are far too many Americans (far more than others coming from other countries) who are blind supporters of their cars and not knowing why or for what particular reason. That's what this whole post is about. They should shut up and be more open-minded.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Wow. I don't know if I should even bother writing back to you. You are <i>that</i> sad.

All I did was point out the truth. That you are all the same person as all those 5 screen names. You, for some reason, are just so mad at the fact that I showed your other identidies, so you feel you need to get back at me. I do repeat myself all the time. You are the biggest jackass here, no one likes you, no one should. You need to be made a fool out of, and I am doing that, and judging by your last statement, I am succeeding.

What are you talking about a game I can't win? I think I already did win, you are just denying it and making yourself look even more like an ass. Good job.

I am a rookie? Trust me, I have <b>forgotten</b> more about cars then you will ever learn. You have nothing on me. And the fact you use multiple screen names to make yourself look smart proves my point. LOL!!!

You are right, this debate is getting old. But I will keep carrying on, because I know its making you that mad. The fact you STILL deny you being the same person is pathetic, and nothing less than pathetic. The game is over, you lost, BADLY.

Face it, you know nothing about cars, and you have serious issues. I don't even know why you are on this site. You have never contributed any of your knowledge, probably cause you have none. Keep it coming, I will continue to shoot you down. I will be looking forward to your next comment.
    <!-- Signature -->

4. By the way, this place has nothing to do with American "Patriotism". It's about freaking cars!<!-- Signature -->

5. #6 SeansVette, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550WOLVES</i>
    <b>How many else are sick of all the American hypocrites on this site with their snobby remarks about their cars being the best, the cheapest and having no competition?

Click this link and look at this post regarding the sledgehammer Corvette.

http://www.supercars.net/cMsg?viewThread=y&year=1988&make=Chevrolet%20Callaway&model=Sledgehammer%20Corvette&fn=122&i=399

Listen to what Am Car fan has to say on the fifth last post.

"Do you really believe that a Buggati will put an end to this top speed? Even if they do, do you think that us Americans will let it stand? No. We will just make a faster car. Remember that this car is 14 years old and no car has surpassed it yet. That means that us Americans have had 14 extra years to improve on it if need be. Don't hate our cars because they are fast and agile."

What a stupid comment and not the only one. I'm sure there are plenty more of those on this site.

I mean it's all great how Yanks support cars coming from their country because it shows loyalty but COME ON!! Stop being so hypocritical and assume that the whole world revolves around the US and that it dominates the car market because it doesn't.

People say this car's great because it's so cheap. I don't know how many times I've said that the only reason for this is because other cars are imported to the US. Take it from the point of view of another country and the Viper won't be as cheap. And I also disproved the Viper being cheap when I made the comment about the Skyline with Deug (who SvSi claims to be me) backing it up.

This doesn't just go for the Vipers. People are comparing Corvettes to Modena's and saying how they're so much better and can nearly beat them for the fraction of the price. It doesn't occur to people that a Modena is an exotic meant to serve a purpose of luxury, looks and speed combined while the Corvette doesn't accomplish all those. Again, it's also imported making it much more expensive.

Now watch this, the idiots are gonna come pouring in and start flaming me just because I'm telling the truth and they don't like it.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You don't like American pride? Too fxcking bad. I'm proud to live in America, I'm proud to be an American, and I love American cars. Nothing you or anyone else can say will change that. If you don't like it, I can really give a damn.

Here in the US American performance cars are the single best in their price class. 99.9% of us HAVE to consider price when buying a car. If you have $50,000 to spend there is not a better performance car than the Corvette Z06 in my opinion. There is not a better $35,000 performance car than the 03 Mustang Cobra in my opinion. I could list some more but you get the idea. Nobody is saying the Corvette Z06 is the best car in the US. But IS the best car if all you can afford is $50,000. And no, I'm not just talking about performance. I'm considering ALL things. Price, quality, etc.

And if importing cars is what makes them so expensive, then please explain why it is a Honda Civic costs only about $15,000 for a great reliable commuter car, yet the under-performing NSX costs $90,000 and gets worked by a $50,000 Corvette. <!-- Signature -->

6. LOL, please please give up man,<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550WOLVES</i>
    <b>I didn't say that others don't diss American cars, they do, I just said the amount of excess involved dissing the other cars by Yanks and their inability to back most of their stuff up is truly unbearable.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    "Truly unbearable"? LOL! If it's so bad, why don't you just get your kicks elsewhere. No one's stopping you from setting these guys straight. If it means so much to you, go ahead.

Typical arrogant Yank? Right, as if Italians and Germans and the British aren't known for their arrogance. Face it, in every culture and in every country, you'll find people who are arrogant about their heritage. The fact is, you haven't even MET 50% of the entire American population, so how can you even say it's typical? Well, it seems that you can because you like to stereotype.

Have I been wrong before? Yes, and I acknowledge it right away. I never said I was perfect. But you can rest assured that if I drove a car that I thought was a dangerous oversteerer, I sure as hell wouldn't make a "mistake" as to call it an understeerer.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Guibo this guys a prick, hes been proven to have multi's, which he then use's to back himself up with.<!-- Signature -->

8. #9 550WOLVES, Aug 9, 2002
    American patriotism

How many else are sick of all the American hypocrites on this site with their snobby remarks about their cars being the best, the cheapest and having no competition?

Click this link and look at this post regarding the sledgehammer Corvette.

http://www.supercars.net/cMsg?viewThread=y&year=1988&make=Chevrolet%20Callaway&model=Sledgehammer%20Corvette&fn=122&i=399

Listen to what Am Car fan has to say on the fifth last post.

"Do you really believe that a Buggati will put an end to this top speed? Even if they do, do you think that us Americans will let it stand? No. We will just make a faster car. Remember that this car is 14 years old and no car has surpassed it yet. That means that us Americans have had 14 extra years to improve on it if need be. Don't hate our cars because they are fast and agile."

What a stupid comment and not the only one. I'm sure there are plenty more of those on this site.

I mean it's all great how Yanks support cars coming from their country because it shows loyalty but COME ON!! Stop being so hypocritical and assume that the whole world revolves around the US and that it dominates the car market because it doesn't.

People say this car's great because it's so cheap. I don't know how many times I've said that the only reason for this is because other cars are imported to the US. Take it from the point of view of another country and the Viper won't be as cheap. And I also disproved the Viper being cheap when I made the comment about the Skyline with Deug (who SvSi claims to be me) backing it up.

This doesn't just go for the Vipers. People are comparing Corvettes to Modena's and saying how they're so much better and can nearly beat them for the fraction of the price. It doesn't occur to people that a Modena is an exotic meant to serve a purpose of luxury, looks and speed combined while the Corvette doesn't accomplish all those. Again, it's also imported making it much more expensive.

Now watch this, the idiots are gonna come pouring in and start flaming me just because I'm telling the truth and they don't like it.

9. Your views are bullshit, want to get your multi's in here to agree with you??<!-- Signature -->

10. Another stupid reply from a stupid person. So typical and expected.

11. Some of your points are correct (about the Ferrari) but still, cars here in the US will be slighly if not much more expensive than their places of manufacuring.

At least you didn't make any stupid wiseass comments like Liquid did, which I totally expected.

People need to wise up and stop talking out of their ass about how great this car is.

12. Shut up 550, <!-- Signature -->

13. You're angry that that's the truth Liquid? There are so many examples I can provide to back up the stupid comments you guys make.

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550WOLVES</i>
    <b>You're angry that that's the truth Liquid? There are so many examples I can provide to back up the stupid comments you guys make.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Go on then,

This should be funny.<!-- Signature -->

15. #16 550WOLVES, Aug 9, 2002
    My pleasure, I'm gonna have not trouble whatsoever in doing this.

Example one:

http://www.supercars.net/cMsg?viewThread=true&year=1997&make=Ferrari&model=550%20Maranello&fn=22

Quote from ViperGTSR at the top:

"The 1998 Dodge Viper is much better in all aspects of all Ferrari's. In short, Ferrari's suck."

Listen to this idiot and the reactions he gets. You can't just come in and do that for no #$%#ing reason. Again though, show's the typical, blind and dumbfounded Yankee doing what he does best... Be stupid and make an ass of himself.

Example two:

http://www.supercars.net/cMsg?viewThread=y&year=1998&make=Lamborghini%20Koenig&model=Diablo%20VT&fn=16&i=1025

Quote from burnham187:

"this car is ok except for the fact that the fastest Lamb would get eaten alive by the Viper Venom 800 TT"

Quote from Lamborghini directly underneath:

"Another moron thread...Let me say this again, Vipers suck massive balls like most American cars, and Diablo BBR-GTi would rape your shitty 800TT."

And he's right, it is another moron thread, what else can he say? Again, dumbass Yankee pride doing its' best to piss people off.

Example 3:

http://www.supercars.net/cMsg?viewThread=true&year=1997&make=McLaren&model=F1&fn=137

Quote from Carman21:

"to anybody who thinks the mclaren are gods! they suck. did any of u ever think about the worlds fastest street legal, and fastest produced car? the Hennessey Venom 880R!!"

Once again (God this never gets old), another idiot with a stupid, meaningless and false post. This guy should stop talking out of his ass and wake the #$%# up. Clearly it isn't the fastest street legal, where the hell did he get that info from? Another Yank though, humiliating himself and acting arrogant. ****...

Example 4:

http://www.supercars.net/cMsg?viewThread=true&year=2002&make=Ferrari&model=FX%20Concept&fn=198

Quote from Longshoreman:

"This one will be closer than most people would think. The Corvette costs 50,000 and the Ferrari costs 500,000 so
    Cost=Corvette winner
    Performance goes to the Ferrari without a doubt
    Performance=Ferrari winner
    The Corvette just reached its 50th anniversary and this Ferrari is brand new so
    Historical Relevance=Corvette winner
    Ferrari's are even more unreliable than Corvettes so
    Reliability=Corvette
    Head turning ability would have to go to the Ferrari
    Head Turning=Ferrari winner
    Although both cars are close to full out racers I think the Corvette has the edge in daily drivability
    Drivability=Corvette

The Corvette Z06 picks up 4 wins compared to the FX's 2 wins but it was a close matchup. If Ferrari works on its reliability and brings back a classic nameplate(Testarossa or GTO)it may actually be able to beat the Corvette.Overall Ferrari is doing a great job but American V8 muscle is just hard to beat."

Sigh... I don't even need to write anything about this one.

Have a look at the next reply:

Quote from Gringo:

"Everybody who enters this thread PLZ PLZ PLZ get out of here and don't post any reply, cause this is probably the only GODDAMN way to stop people form posting this crappy annoying stupid meaningless comparisons, which always seem to be "XXX vs Corvette Z06" and the Z06 usually wins, backed up with very very logical and mathematical arguments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Stop comparing anything to a Corvette, SO WHAT IF IT IS FAST AND CHEAP???????
    It is just a Corvette, and there isn't a single guy in Chevrolet who actually thinks of comparing their cars to Ferrari's, 911's or Lambo's.
    CUT THE CRAP."

There we go, I provided proof. Do I really need to go on because trust me, I can based on the amount of idiotic comments present on this site.

16. Oh, thats right. There is absolutely NO ONE who disses on American cars and says they are crap. What was everyone thinking? Gimme a break. There is more people saying American cars suck then anyone else complaining about another nations cars combined. You, for one, complained NON-STOP about how bad the Viper sucked on your 550Koenig screen name. Must be a jealousy issue. I mean, for 1/4 the price, the Viper still eats Ferrari's alive, except for the $500,000 Ferrari's, which cost 7 times the Viper. And they even just beat the stock Viper barely.<!-- Signature -->

17. Right, I told you for the last time, I'm not 550Koenig so that's it, I'm just gonna ignore that part whenever it comes up again.

Remember, it's not that other's don't diss American cars, they do, but there is such a majority of the people who are arrogantly dumb and that applies to everyone. I just tend to see much more people dissing the Japenese and European imports. Why make shit up when the facts are there. For example, someone saying the Viper is STRONGER than the McLaren. See for yourself before you say something stupid because it's not.

Also SvSi, Ferrari's are exotics. I've said this before numerous times and I'll repeat it again for the sake of your slow brain. Ferrari's have a rich heritage which bring up their value. They're also imported which further increases the cost. Then there's the factor of it being an exotic, where it combines looks, speed, luxury and many other features into one package whereas Vipers and Corvette cannot do that. Finally, Most Ferrari's (not all) rise in value as they become old because they become classics. Now there are some Corvette's that do that, sure, but Viper's and Corvette's just can't gain such a significane increase as cars like Ferrari and Lamborghini can.

18. Right. But what does all of that have to do with the 800TT (and us in this forum), exactly? If you have a problem with some jingoistic Americans in some other forum, take it up with those jingoistic Americans in that forum. No need to bring it up here is there?

"Another moron thread...Let me say this again, Vipers suck massive balls like most American cars, and Diablo BBR-GTi would rape your shitty 800TT."

It seems you agree wholeheartedly with that statement. Your silence on the "Vipers suck massive balls like most American cars" indicates your willingness to slag a car based on country of origin, independent of its individual merits. Racism/stereotyping in an automotive sense? Absolutely.

Besides, I thought the thread starter was comparing the Koenig Diablo VT to the 800TT. And someone else has to bring in the BBR-GTi. LOL. Do you have independently confirmed specs on either of those cars? If you do, then I'd recommend that you start another thread here addressing such a comparison.

19. Hence Guibo, the title of this post: "American patriotism", not "The 800TT sucks".

The guy starts insulting the Koenig Lamborghini for no reason. He backs nothing up, and listen to the reply underneath. Do you even bother to look? I didn't say that others don't diss American cars, they do, I just said the amount of excess involved dissing the other cars by Yanks and their inability to back most of their stuff up is truly unbearable.

You're not right on this one.

If you think you're that smart Guibo and make no mistakes, I'm sure we can find some examples of you screwing up too, because like I claimed earlier, you're acting like the typical Yank: arrogant.

20. 550 you are totally right. Just let them think what they want but a true car fan would look at the car, not the country it was made in. I love the S7 even though it was built in the States, I love the Mclaren but I'm not British. But then I just like cars. These guys make their judgements based on a price tags and where it was manufactured (so they must be Mexican patriots too since they are usually assembled there). No wonder they are so cheap to buy, per unit cost is in pesos. LOL

<!-- Signature -->

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550WOLVES</i>
    <b>I didn't say that others don't diss American cars, they do, I just said the amount of excess involved dissing the other cars by Yanks and their inability to back most of their stuff up is truly unbearable.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    "Truly unbearable"? LOL! If it's so bad, why don't you just get your kicks elsewhere. No one's stopping you from setting these guys straight. If it means so much to you, go ahead.

Typical arrogant Yank? Right, as if Italians and Germans and the British aren't known for their arrogance. Face it, in every culture and in every country, you'll find people who are arrogant about their heritage. The fact is, you haven't even MET 50% of the entire American population, so how can you even say it's typical? Well, it seems that you can because you like to stereotype.

Have I been wrong before? Yes, and I acknowledge it right away. I never said I was perfect. But you can rest assured that if I drove a car that I thought was a dangerous oversteerer, I sure as hell wouldn't make a "mistake" as to call it an understeerer.

22. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>These guys make their judgements based on a price tags and where it was manufactured (so they must be Mexican patriots too since they are usually assembled there). </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    "Usually"? What percentage of American cars are built in Mexico, gsolinas? Put up a number.

I'm pretty sure Vipers aren't made in Mexico. Please post the proof to show otherwise.

23. LOL take apart an engine and read carefully...and where did I say Vipers are made there. But Chev is notorious for it.<!-- Signature -->

24. Well, this is a Viper forum. Why bring up the issue of other non-Supercars which are made elsewhere?

Corvette? Which Chevy's are we talking about here? Cavaliers?