Re: Americans are sometimes...(Part II)

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by MAB062183, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I guess you do want to see all of the results from that test. Here they are.

2. And here's the cover of the magazine. Get the issue yourself, if you think I'm selectively omitting any test data.

3. And while MT didn't assign points value to determine the winner, we can see that the 360 Modena is far from finishing first.

4. "And as for this 800TT thing...It is cheaper to get 800 BHP out of a Supra and guess what, an 800 bhp Supra would rape the stupid little 800TT's vagina all bloody!".....this is funny TheRealDeal, u really do need to research wut a car is first, then research ANYTHING on the supra and viper, or go test them yurself, the best time pulled from a supra at suprastore.com was 9.002 in the 1/4 done by a 1020hp supra with illegal drag slick, not bad, but for a supra to even match the 800TT it needed over 800horses with the illegal slicks and notrous oxide, sure u cna get 1200hp, i sure as hell know noone who owns that stage 8 kit in their supra is even gonna make that pettle touch the floor, for the wurries of the build quality, the car will rip to shreds, its pretty stupid to even try to squeeze that much into a little engine and a car not made to handle it, you'll never get a supra with the same tires as the 800tt to pull an excelleration time like the 800tt, cuz you''ll never get that kinda power off the line relying on just turbos and "nos" which only kicks in half way down the track. if a turbo dropped on the supra, it just about has stock power, if a turbo drops on the 800tt hes still gonna be making an est. of 600 or more horses, its sad how same power and the viper weighing more by far will take out a supra.

5. Wow Dweebo you sure know a lot about me, I am Notic and Jcazz LOL, and I’ve never driven a Viper. You are a fool. Jcazz was at least staying with me for a while, to answer your question he went back home, Notic? I have no idea. Don’t know who he is or where he is. Yet he is my clone. LOL. Vipers? again I’ve ridden in some and driven others. Maybe when you turn 16 Daddy will rent you one so you can do the same. Oh yeah you don’t live with your dad, can’t blame him I’d leave you too, but I’m sure mommy’s new boyfriend will help you out, after all, he has stock options. LOL.

So you reposted the same old shit from before huh? Congrats, I hope you can see at least that what you posted confirms what I’ve been trying to tell you for months now. The 360 does better than the top of the line Viper in more aspects than one and it isn’t even the top of the line Ferrari. Considering the weak slalom it had (leave it to Motortrash, I’ve seen it do better than that a few times in other tests) I’d say the Ferrari did quite well. Shit, you might as well have posted that stuff under my name. I did notice though that there wasn’t a cornering test or a top speed test in your long list. Could it be that Motortrash knew that the Ferrari and the Porsche would assrape the competition in cornering and that the Ferrari would win out in top speed. Maybe you didn’t omit shit but they did.

As for the Maranello having a bigger engine, what were they supposed to do, rebuild the Modena? It is a different car and as a result of the bigger engine it does have more top end power than the 360. None the less it is still smaller than the 8liter V10 you’ll find in Vipers.
    <!-- Signature -->

6. Oh, wait. Where are my manners?

7. You have a scanner. You obviously don't have the importation forms. Let us know when they come in from your daddy or your uncle. LOL!!!

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>As for the Maranello having a bigger engine, what were they supposed to do, rebuild the Modena? It is a different car and as a result of the bigger engine it does have more top end power than the 360. None the less it is still smaller than the 8liter V10 you’ll find in Vipers.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

None the less, the "NOT top of the Line" Ferrari beats the "TOP of the Line" Ferrari in all test but Top Speed. Please don't bring up this "TOP OF THE LINE" bullshit again. The Maranello has a bigger engine because with a curb weight of nearly 4000 lbs., that 3.6l doesn't have the torque to push the Maranello. It would be like driving an S2000.

<!-- Signature -->

9. The 550 is the top of the line Ferrari? Could have sworn they made an F50 before.

Guibo, you better stop going through your dad’s shit. He might ground you off the internet. Then you won’t be able to go on forums making really stupid arguments and playing make believe. But while your still on read the previous pages a few times to better understand why there won’t be any importation forms posted.

That is all straying away from what is important. How your old man makes a living is irrelevant to this whole conversation. I responded to claims that Vipers are better than Ferraris by showing how even the lesser powered Ferraris keep up with the best stock Dodge Vipers on the market. Losing slightly in some areas and winning in others. I backed up my claims with proof. Your posts confirmed mine. Yet you are still arguing. Why do you continue arguing when some of your own posts coincide with my arguments? I never said that the 360 would beat the Viper in all aspects, but I did say that it did win out in many aspects despite being the kid sister to cars like the F50 and having a much smaller engine than the Viper whether you think that matters or not. You respond with accusations and a finger that you probably have up your ass right now. Answer this, does the 360 not beat the Dodge Viper in many comparisons? Yes, or No? When you are ready to respond like an adult I’ll be happy to read your post. Or you can just keep requesting import forms, you already lost the argument at hand anyway.
    <!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>The 550 is the top of the line Ferrari? Could have sworn they made an F50 before.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    And for how long did they make that F50? It takes a very limited production run of stripped near-race cars with vastly superior power to weight ratios to beat the Viper by any meaningfully perceptible margin. And once that production is over, the 550 is back on top of the Ferrari lineup again. And has been so for many years. And gets beaten in 0-60, 0-100, quarter mile, standing mile, slalom, and skidpad by the Viper. Congratulations. You get to spend even more on the Ferrari, and take a step back in terms of performance.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>How your old man makes a living is irrelevant to this whole conversation...Or you can just keep requesting import forms, you already lost the argument at hand anyway. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Exactly, his background is irrelevant. So why bring it up? Why make the assumption (incorrectly) that I work for Taco Bell? You could be a goddamn Ferrari test driver, and it STILL doesn't change the fact that the Viper turns in better times than what your holy R&T might suggest.
    Fine, if you don't to (or can't) produce import forms here, show us some other proof that you are indeed an importer of exotic cars. The "proof" you tried to pass off so far is skimpy at best. Make the claim, back it up. Otherwise, don't make the claim. Now, is that so hard? YOU interjected YOUR background into this conversation. YOU brought it up.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>Why do you continue arguing when some of your own posts coincide with my arguments?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Exactly. Why are you arguing?

<b>I never said that the 360 would beat the Viper in all aspects, but I did say that it did win out in many aspects despite being the kid sister to cars like the F50 and having a much smaller engine than the Viper whether you think that matters or not...Answer this, does the 360 not beat the Dodge Viper in many comparisons? Yes, or No?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Yes, it does win in many. But it loses in more. It wins in areas that one would expect (braking, against a non-ABS Viper), but it loses in areas where one would expect it should trash the Viper (slalom and skidpad).

<b>When you are ready to respond like an adult I’ll be happy to read your post.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Bwahahaha...OK, old man. I guess you'll find no pleasure in this post. But then again, do I care?

11. Ferrari isn’t the first to make a limited stripped down race car for road use. Remember the ACR? At least the F50 has a stereo. Regardless it is still the top of the line Ferrari until the F60 comes out. But I wouldn’t boast that step back in performance too much. Remember we have both seen the 360 hit 3.9 in a 0-60 while the Viper has done at best 4.1, not to mention the better slalom runs we’ve seen by the Modena. Despite the fact that Ferrari doesn’t specialize in road cars the way Dodge does. You claim that Ferrari should outclass the Dodges even more because they are race bred but the fact is Ferrari specializes in F1 cars. The only reason they began making road cars was because Enzo wanted to raise money for the racing teams. Now that he is gone I’m sure things are a little different but the main focus remains the same…Formula 1. Dodge, be it Caravans or Vipers focus on road cars.

Though you could have given the Ferrari more respect considering how well it has done in certain 0-60s and slalom runs, I accept your claim that “Yes, it does win in many” comparisons. It is nice to see that after months of bickering you could finally admit where I was right. I guess my work here is done. It’s been fun.
    Ciao

<!-- Signature -->

12. Ok, this is absolutely pathetic.

<b>Ferrari isn’t the first to make a limited stripped down race car for road use. Remember the ACR? At least the F50 has a stereo. Regardless it is still the top of the line Ferrari until the F60 comes out.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

So, price means nothing to you? Or just does it mean something, just not in this comparison because anything remotely close to the Viper's price gets blown away? Remember, the stock F50 costs <b>half a million dollars</b>.

<b>But I wouldn’t boast that step back in performance too much. Remember we have both seen the 360 hit 3.9 in a 0-60 while the Viper has done at best 4.1</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What was that? Viper's best is 4.1? Oh, I see. You <b>ignored</b> the NUMEROUS postings by Guibo with DIRECT PROOF of the Viper hitting 0-60 in 3.9 seconds. At least the Viper's 0-60 times are consistant. Average being 4.1 for the Viper, 4.4 for the Modena.

<b>not to mention the better slalom runs we’ve seen by the Modena. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Really? From what I've seen, the Viper has faster slalom speeds.

<b>Though you could have given the Ferrari more respect considering how well it has done in certain 0-60s and slalom runs, I accept your claim that “Yes, it does win in many” comparisons. It is nice to see that after months of bickering you could finally admit where I was right. I guess my work here is done. It’s been fun.
    Ciao</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Did you read the next line? The Viper won in more categories. The more important ones, also.

Damn, you really are a hypocrite aren't you?<!-- Signature -->

13. #115 Guibo, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <b>It is nice to see that after months of bickering you could finally admit where I was right.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    LMAO! Did I even *deny* that the 360 Modena was quicker than the Viper ACR when tested on that day? Hello? How could I? It says right there in the 0-60 chart I posted. How is that to be refuted?
    YOU'RE the one saying it's not a big deal that the Viper completely erased that deficit, and mangaged to squeak by the Modena (after the 360's quickest launch in just about any magazine seen to date) at the quarter mile. And then continued to stomp the 360 all the way through the standing mile by a huge margin.

The Viper's best 0-60 is 4.1? You've got to be kidding. In case you've got amnesia, maybe my posts here will jump-start your memory:
    http://www.supercars.net/cMsgviewThread=true&bottom=30&year=2000&make=Dodge%20Hennessey&model=Viper%20Venom%20800TT&fn=350

So that's 4 (FOUR) instances of the Viper doing 0-60 in 4.0 seconds. 2 (TWO) of it doing it in 3.9 seconds. How many instances of the 360 Modena doing the same can you point to? Oh yeah. That's right. Only Motor Trash, thus far.

<b>I guess my work here is done. It’s been fun.
    Ciao

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    LOL. Some "work". Well, I guess that's *one* way to get out of proving that you're an exotic car importer. I suspect Dad or Uncle will get those forms to you in the next couple of days, no?

14. Kids these days... <!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Bigblockbrawler426Hemistage8</i>
    <b>TO GSOLINAS ONLY:IF U ARE NOT HAPPY YA GET OUT OF THERE BECAUSE YA ARE GETTIN ON OUR NERVES! CLEAR ENOUGH! SO NEXT I SEE ONE OF YOUR POST YA WILL HEAR FROM ME! CLEAR? SO LONG SMALL SWANKLER AND COME HERE AGAIN!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree.<!-- Signature -->

16. Why won't the jpegs show up anymore?

17. Who cares. You said your work here was done. So enough already. "Ciao."

18. I WARNED YA LAST TIME BUT YA DON'Y SEEM TO UNDERSTAND CLEARLY!SO **** OFF GO AWAY!AND NEVER COME HERE BACK !!CLEAR ENOUGH?

19. can u put it any clearer...?

20. no sorry it is an old story and it is not necessary to give too much importance to this thread for me i considered it as closed.

21. Yeah this thread has been open for a loooong time now...
    i'm gettin' sick of it too.

22. thanks to understand me