Re: Americans are sometimes........

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by Guibo, Aug 9, 2002.

1. deug, is that my cue to start slagging you for your post count, which is about 70% higher than mine? Just say the word...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b> A GTS wouldn’t beat the 575 around a track either so before making a statement like that back it up with something that isn’t bullshit.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    How the hell would you know? Has a post '01-'02 Viper ever been track tested against a 575MM? Damn, the 550 Maranello has a hard enough time against the EURO Viper with only 411 ps and no ABS. It barely beats the Viper by 5 seconds at Nurburgring. At Hockenheim, it is in fact .2 seconds slower than that castrated Viper. Here's something to think about: The 385-hp Z06 beat the 550 Maranello in R&T's head to head track test. The Z06 has been beaten by the non-ABS Viper not once, but TWICE, in two different head to head track tests. The 550 Maranello only stands a chance when the Viper isn't equipped with ABS and when it's the gutted Euro version.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b> Officially tested where, your backyard?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    What the hell are you talking about? Let me know when you've found the source for the Barchetta hitting 186 mph.

<b> Good point about the light to light, too bad lights are usually too close together for those tenths of a second to make a difference.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    That's right, the Viper beats the 550 in 0-60, quarter mile, 0-150, standing mile. You name it. Light to light, the Ferrari will be looking at the rear of the Viper the whole way. Face it. The only thing the 550 has on the Viper is top speed. When was the last time you raced someone to your top speeds?
    In other words, you'll need about a mile and a half of road before your 550 starts to pull out an edge over the Viper. Good job!
    Regarding magazine bias, I said the American mags generally prefer foreign cars *subjectively*, but usually get better *ovjective* results with the Viper. Let me know if you have any difficulty sorting out the difference.

<b> Go ahead and minimize the importance of engines and Lambos role with the Viper but the fact is they were involved and the engine wasn’t redesigned for gen2 it was modified. In other words there are still traces of Lambo in it. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    OK, smartass. You tell me what the differences between Gen I and Gen II engines are. This should be a hoot!

<b> Slicks are slicks. They helped with the results therefore what you are saying is like an athlete telling drug testers, “but I only did half a cycle of steroids”.
    Is even half a cycle of steroids legal? The 800TT tests were done on street legal tires. End of story.
    While we're at it, where's the McLaren F1 LM doing 0-60 in 2.9 seconds on street tires? I'm still waiting for that one. 10.7 quarter mile on stock tires? Still waiting...

Also still waiting on your answer to the question: Is the 360 Modena in a lower class than the Viper? According to your response to my Sport Auto and <b>evo</b> examples, the 360 Modena is not in a lower class.

2. Americans are sometimes........

Very ignorant and like to make small things much bigger? and why? simple answer>> Cauze they wanna be best........now....

This here viper is tested on SLICKS....u can call them legal or what ever u wanT.....but dont forget the car is tested on SLICKS.....u can call them MAMMA SLICKS ***** SLICKS street legal slicks it doesnt matter.....and why? cauze> slicks are slicks....

Question=? why wasnt this car tested on ORDINARY michellin tyres lIke PORSCHE 962 ferrari and all other sports Žcars???

ANSWER simple>> cauze it would perform much better if slicks were on so? americans put their so called>> Legal slick on.....and whoops....the car does 2.43 up tp 60 mph.....so they go anounce thru the world how they have fastest car in world acc....

What they dont say in their article is>> that this vuper did 3.1 seconds up tp 60 mph on Michellin tyres such as Porsche 962 have similar.....why? cauze they wanna be best of course by CHEATING ...

So this viper of yours> it does 0-60 in 3.1 seconds NOT 2.43....

Btw ehm....i heard this car had STOCK BRAKES? and i saw some guy compare THis Viper to a...Ferrari f-50Koenigs 828 hp? well what can say .....ROFLMAO...a newbie who doesnt know what he is talking about of course......and ......why?
    Simple answer> cauze he thinks acceleration is everything on THE TRACK......roflmao lol....

ehm how many of u know that Ferrari f-50 have Formula one under tunnels?? how many of u know that Ferrari f-50 is best cornring car in the world? i guess not many of u........

I can type here for hours........but why should i?

Here 99% of u dont have a #$%#ing clue what u talk about....u buy ur self 427 b block put super charger on work on mechanic shop and ur car has 700 hp and u think u are god who knows everything??? roflmao!

How many of u have actually been extreme sports cars TESTERS? how many of u have driven 100 different tuned sports cars from 200 hp up to 1200 hp=??? how many of u have driven a car which weighs 1600 kilograms and have 900+ hp withs stock brakes and front engine and then Drove and compared car with a 1000 kilograms 600 hp 8p racing A brakes and MID engine? roflmao.......better stop writing........

Final words>> newbies most of u.....please dont talk about things u dont know......if u wanna ask me who is faster around the track......i will give u answers here......

Ferrari f50 520 hp vs Viper gts 455 hp =Vinner F50
    Ferrari Kon f50 828 hp VS Viper TT 833 hp=Vinner ferrari k f50

Ehm and for u people who said that this Viper 833 hp can beat a McLaren f1 or f1 LM around the track......uhh ehm...u must be totall noobs.....jesus christ.....

Oh btw i saw somewhere here that someone said This Viper would beat a LeMans Porsche 962 730 hp aound the track......ehh uhh.....oh my god.....the guy who said this have 0 % of what he talks abouT roflmao.....jesus......

Im gonna explain more things to u when u people FLAME me cauze i know u will......all noobs are gonna gimme a big flame here.....but what else can i expect.....but i hope some pro comes and reads what i wrote and comfirms what i wrote.....lets see if any pro is around here......ehm ....btw i must say i love this Viper but when people come and say its fastest in world and they test it with so called street legal slicks then o man i just have to write a story about this....PS> excuse my englisH.....hehe call it Swedenglish :p<!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Swedenboy</i>
    <b>
    Very ignorant and like to make small things much bigger? and why? simple answer>> Cauze they wanna be best........now....

This here viper is tested on SLICKS....u can call them legal or what ever u wanT.....but dont forget the car is tested on SLICKS.....u can call them MAMMA SLICKS ***** SLICKS street legal slicks it doesnt matter.....and why? cauze> slicks are slicks....

Question=? why wasnt this car tested on ORDINARY michellin tyres lIke PORSCHE 962 ferrari and all other sports Žcars???

ANSWER simple>> cauze it would perform much better if slicks were on so? americans put their so called>> Legal slick on.....and whoops....the car does 2.43 up tp 60 mph.....so they go anounce thru the world how they have fastest car in world acc....

What they dont say in their article is>> that this vuper did 3.1 seconds up tp 60 mph on Michellin tyres such as Porsche 962 have similar.....why? cauze they wanna be best of course by CHEATING ...

So this viper of yours> it does 0-60 in 3.1 seconds NOT 2.43....

Btw ehm....i heard this car had STOCK BRAKES? and i saw some guy compare THis Viper to a...Ferrari f-50Koenigs 828 hp? well what can say .....ROFLMAO...a newbie who doesnt know what he is talking about of course......and ......why?
    Simple answer> cauze he thinks acceleration is everything on THE TRACK......roflmao lol....

ehm how many of u know that Ferrari f-50 have Formula one under tunnels?? how many of u know that Ferrari f-50 is best cornring car in the world? i guess not many of u........

I can type here for hours........but why should i?

Here 99% of u dont have a #$%#ing clue what u talk about....u buy ur self 427 b block put super charger on work on mechanic shop and ur car has 700 hp and u think u are god who knows everything??? roflmao!

How many of u have actually been extreme sports cars TESTERS? how many of u have driven 100 different tuned sports cars from 200 hp up to 1200 hp=??? how many of u have driven a car which weighs 1600 kilograms and have 900+ hp withs stock brakes and front engine and then Drove and compared car with a 1000 kilograms 600 hp 8p racing A brakes and MID engine? roflmao.......better stop writing........

Final words>> newbies most of u.....please dont talk about things u dont know......if u wanna ask me who is faster around the track......i will give u answers here......

Ferrari f50 520 hp vs Viper gts 455 hp =Vinner F50
    Ferrari Kon f50 828 hp VS Viper TT 833 hp=Vinner ferrari k f50

Ehm and for u people who said that this Viper 833 hp can beat a McLaren f1 or f1 LM around the track......uhh ehm...u must be totall noobs.....jesus christ.....

Oh btw i saw somewhere here that someone said This Viper would beat a LeMans Porsche 962 730 hp aound the track......ehh uhh.....oh my god.....the guy who said this have 0 % of what he talks abouT roflmao.....jesus......

Im gonna explain more things to u when u people FLAME me cauze i know u will......all noobs are gonna gimme a big flame here.....but what else can i expect.....but i hope some pro comes and reads what i wrote and comfirms what i wrote.....lets see if any pro is around here......ehm ....btw i must say i love this Viper but when people come and say its fastest in world and they test it with so called street legal slicks then o man i just have to write a story about this....PS> excuse my englisH.....hehe call it Swedenglish :p</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

F U C K off! how many cars do you own that go 0-60 in 3 seconds? And by the way, the Camaro ZL-1 will do those times sub two's zero to sixty. Yeah your right, we Americans like to do things bigger and better, why? Cuz we can. Don't post shit like this again I don't care what you did or who you are, your on the wrong forum *****!<!-- Signature -->

4. Hey, all you Americans: Stop talking about WW1 & 2. It only makes you look stupid. In 1945 the war ended with the Axis powers. End of story, so quit bragging or whatever the hell it is you're doing. I'm American (plus the ancestral Italian and French and Native American and Asian and Scottish), born & raised in Florida. I don't brag about WW2, it was 57 years ago! If you want to brag, get some stats on American cars vs. European cars in Slalom, F1, and LeMans. That'll help us out a lot more than random obscenities. -FCT

5. Its about time. Lets see the stats.<!-- Signature -->

6. What stats do you want to see? For the stock car or the 800TT?

7. #7 gsolinas, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  8. This is funny! Now you guys realize that this car using treads are worst then some euro stock cars! LOL i saw a post from Guibo that said 0-60 in 3.21 seconds! haha that's funny, that's what you guys are so proud about! I'm pretty sure Guibo is correct for those times becuase he seems to be defending this car which emans he probably knows a lot of shit of this car! so anyways i can quickly name like 10 stock euro cars thatn can beat this thing in the 0-60 using treads! the The Mclaren F1 LM does it in 2.9 seconds! oh i'm sorry it's better then this car! sorry about that i didn't mean to make you realize how crappy this car really is! So in order words a NA V12 668 BMW engine getting 2.9 seconds to the quarter mile (stock by the way and using treads) is .3 second faster then a dodger viper twin turbo V10 with 800 HP!(which is tuned by hennessy which doesn't even make it a real dodge) which is about 200 HP more then the Mclaren! and if your gonna complain about price don't bother i know it's a shitload but i can name other cars that are faster then this one but i'm just naming the best NA engine i know of that is stock!

So i don't see why your so proud of this car, many companies can tune cars to achieve crazy speeds! The reason that their aren't many euro cars that hold those 0-60 mph records and stuff is becuase their cars are already perfect, however for american cars, that's a different story, if i had an american car of course i'd tune it, i wouldn't want to get embarrased about the perfomance it has compared to a stock euro! So my point is that euro cars come out of the assembly lined with perfection and american cars aren't that's why so many of them are tuned!<!-- Signature -->

9. Some Euros get tuned too (for the hell of it) but I as a fan never mention it. To me a true measure of a makes capabilities comes from comparing it's stock cars.

10. Show me where the McLaren F1 LM did 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. A road test, please.

And road tests for the other 9 cars.

Did I just hear you correctly? Did you say a car is "crappy" simply because it gets beaten by a McLaren F1 LM to 60 mph? That would make, like, 99% of the cars on this website crappy. Please exlain.

11. It's been reported to have done better actually but in tests it only did 2.9. It is true. I'll look for the results.

12. Ah, apologies. That was jcazz.

13. Thank you.<!-- Signature -->

14. This isn't a production car fool.<!-- Signature -->

15. Asshole is one word #%$got. Stop posting shit you're too stupid.<!-- Signature -->

16. American cars use to be able to compete back in the 60's. (Shelby Cobras and Ford GT40).

17. the Stealth will destroy the McLaren.<!-- Signature -->

18. Crap, this is supposed to be the first pic.

19. Man i just read some more of ur posts....u know what? u are a retard only thing u say is gimem fact gimem proof jesus criste u must be a geek how many cars have u tested eh? u know nothing seems to me u talk much trash u have no idea what car is......

and if u ever again doubt that Porsche 962 is not faster then a stock 833 peace of crap viper(crap compared o 962=yes) if u think viper has anychance then u are really an idioT

Ill tell u something......never doubt on 962 or Lm mclaren cauze if u say that a 993 hp Striker Viper can beat 730 hp porsche 962 then ur just an idiot who things acceleration is everything......

Now stfu i had enaff of ur newbie trash talk aite

Later<!-- Signature -->

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>Guibo that post was meant to show that your figures were off. And it did. And Ferrari does specialize in cornering, braking etc. but the 355 is the lower performance car. They obviously put more F1 engineering in the much more coveted F50. Or should they have built 3 identical cars at the time? </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    How are my figures off? You brought up the issue of BMW power ratings, which is totally irrelevant to this discussion at best, and absolute nonsense at worst. How’s this: the M3 was tested by MT through the quarter mile at 13.18 seconds! Woohoo. 30 kmh difference MY ASS! LOL.
    You still haven’t answered why the F50 is slower through the slalom than the 360 Modena, and even the F355 Spider for chrissake. Your excuse for the F355 losing in the slalom was “Oh, but it’s an older model. The newer cars will beat it.” Then how do you explain the 360 Modena, a brand new model, was beaten by the much older Viper? And that was even one of the slower Vipers tested through MT’s slalom. It has gone faster on previous occasions.

<b> Good comparison with the Dodge Ram, now that’s a performance car too? You’re losing credibility again.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Did I freakin’ say it was a performance car? I was referring to your two extra cylinders and extra displacement BS. By YOUR theory, the Dodge Ram is expected to waste the Ferrari simply due to its extra cylinders and displacement. Ditto the BMW.

<b> Answered what. Did I say I was a car tester. They lose power. Enough said. If you don’t know that then you don’t know as much about cars as you think you do. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Did I say that you said you were a tester?
    Then please educate me, oh wise one. Comparative dyno charts please! Enough BS’in, put the figures on the table for us to see.

<b>Once again I am right. Notice they didn’t put the GTS or ACR with cars in a smaller class!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I was addressing your comment: "Your post compared yet another major flagship Viper to a smaller V8 Ferrari. What a stupid comparison. You never see that bullshit in Euro mags."
    How do you explain Auto Motor und Sport’s comparo between the C5 (w/4-speed automatic) vs. the 996 Carrera vs. the Jaguar XKR vs. the 360 Modena F1? Isn’t that a little bit one-sided in favor of the Ferrari.
    Besides, "major flagship Viper to a smaller V8 Ferrari" is a bogus argument. Fewsflash: a heavier, wider car, with a big V10 mounted up front SHOULD be slower than a lighter, mid-engined F1-derived supercar through the slalom. Wouldn’t you think?

But let's cut to the chase. You cite a figure of 3.5 seconds to 60 for the Modena. Let's see it.
    You cite a figure of 189 mph for its top speed. Let's see it. Make the claim, you back it up. Simple as that, really.

21. LOL One of my posts alone have over 250 replies. Nice try though.<!-- Signature -->

22. #22 Guibo, Aug 9, 2002
    <b>That proved nothing.
    Post 1 compared the GTS to a 355. That is exactly what I said was wrong.
    You said the 355 had set the fastest slalom time for any car in its class. Clearly, you are mistaken. The "little Ferrari"? Boohoo!! You mean it takes the top-of-the-line half-million dollar exotic from Ferrari (who specializes in lightweight mid-engine cars made in the tradition of Formula One) to beat the top-of-the line from Dodge (a company known for making trucks, minivans, and econoboxes)? What do you think is a "fair" comparo. Dodge Neon base model vs. F355? LMFAO!!!

<b> Post 2 had only two tests of value. The acceleration and the road holding and there was a 1st place finish each between the F50 and GTS. The margin in acceleration was also greater then that in road holding. Then they obviously compared price like that has something to do with performance.
    Price has nothing to do with performance? Ever heard the term "Horsepower costs money. How fast do you want to go?" Do you think the F50 would be nearly as fast as it is if it only cost $70K? No way in hell.
    "Post 2 had only two tests of value" Who's deciding what "value" means? You? Obviously, you forgot the value of braking (yes, sports cars have to stop too, you know). In this regard, the Viper GTS beats the F50. And it is one of the worst braking cars there are (before '01, anyway; no ABS). LOL. The RT/10 creams the F50 under braking.
    Quarter mile? The F50 does a 12.1. The Viper GTS (and RT/10) does a 12.2, and as low as 11.9 in other tests. The F50 is hardly much faster than you would think. But wait. It should literally DECIMATE the Viper. It has less weight, more power, and better weight distribution for dragging. Yet, it's only .1 second faster.
    The F50 is slower through the slalom than the 360 Modena, 360 Spider, and the F355 Spider.

<b> In your more recent posting you neglected to indicate the years of the cars in question but regardless it seems like a lot of “convenient” driving from an American tester. I’ve seen it before it is nothing new. Red lining at 173? Bullshit. That thing has hit 189 before. 4.5 0-60? It’s done it in 3.5 before. If you look at this site you’ll see what I mean http://www.fast-cars.net/thecars/page/?id=118
    3.5? LOL, you need to check your eyes. It clearly says 3.9. You're wrong! (Again, LOL.) But what about the 0-100 time? It's slower than the RT/10 by .9 second! And the gap only gets even larger getting to 150-160 mph.
    Where have you seen the 360 Modena hitting 189 mph? Show us the article. And I'll be more than happy to show you a stock Viper hitting 193 mph.

23. #23 Guibo, Aug 9, 2002
    <b>A) It isn’t faster anyway. Take a 96 355 and compare it to a 96 RT10 and the 355 even has a faster top speed which is not what it‘s meant for. LOL ></b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Yeah, like the Viper RT/10 was meant for top speed. LOL. Given the development time of the F355 (being a descendant of the 348, 328, 308, etc.), its smaller frontal mass, and streamlined COUPE design, not to mention its 100% premium over the Viper, you'd better expect it to be faster. Whoopde#$%#in'doo!

<b>B) Guibo, do you seriously need an article for everything in order to believe it? I’ve seen numerous websites that posts the 360’s top speed in that range (189mph), look for yourself. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I know the source for that 189 mph figure. It's sitting in my hands right now. Do you have it? Who cares if 100 websites say it. It doesn't make it so. Just look at the stats for this car god knows how many others and you'll see how unreliable website statistics are. Like I said, GO TO THE SOURCE.

<b>C) Another misread Guibo? I said it has hit 3.5 not “look at this article it hit 3.5”. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Well, when you say: "4.5 0-60? It’s done it in 3.5 before. If you look at this site you’ll see what I mean http://www.fast-cars.net/thecars/page/?id=118"
    aren't you implying the 3.5 second figure comes from that very website. You said, "IF YOU LOOK AT THIS WEBSITE YOU'LL SEE WHAT I MEAN." What website? The one you provided. www.fast-cars.net/thecars/page/?id=118. You didn't provide any other website DID you? I don't see it. All I see is a website that says 3.9 seconds.
    Please. The next time you say something like "If you look at THIS (not that, not the other) website you'll see what I mean", post a goddamn link to THAT site. Otherwise, NO, we DON'T know what you mean.

<b>>D) All you do is bring up how Ferrari should have an advantage because they specialize in racing and because they are more expensive. Sounds like excuses to me. Dodge races too and Ferraris are more expensive because they are rare and hand built. You want to hear disadvantages? How about 2 cylinders and 4.4 lts. The Dodge is huge and still can’t outperform the Ferrari. The numbers might be close and it may even win in certain areas but it is not the faster car in any case. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Well, then a Dodge Ram pickup should have an even greater advantage, according to your theory.
    "Dodge races too." LOL. In NASCAR, mainly. You'd expect that a company that specializes in Formula One would have the fastest cornering, quickest slaloming, best braking cars in the business, wouldn't you?

<b>E) I didn’t claim it set the fastest time in a slalom your American car mags did. I think it was R&T. I know I know “Post it”. Look it up, I don’t have it. Think about it. The car was in production from the mid to late 90‘s. Odds are since then cars have surpassed it by now. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    The Viper has been in production since the early '90s. So what's your point. Oh, I see. Making excuses again. Boohoo. The point is the F355 was slower than the Viper GTS when tested at the same time (in MT, in C&D, and in R&T). The brand spankin' new 360 Modena was slower as well.

<b>F) US modified cars do lose power. See for most that is common knowledge but you will only believe it if MT or RT posts it. Look at the Euro M3 and the US version. There must be a 30kmh difference in top speed. I’m sure the margin is not always that big and modifications vary but those are pre modified for sale in the US and look at what a difference it makes. But even if there was only a 5% difference like you said don’t you think that would be significant considering the closeness of these results.

Uh, I'm pretty sure both the US and Euro M3 top out at their governor limited top speed of 155 mph. What have you been smoking? The Euro M3 is rated at 343 ps DIN. The US M3 is rated at 333 SAE bhp. Most people who know these cars say 5 of those 10 horses are easily attributed to the different hp measuring systems between the two countries. The other 5 is due to the exhaust. 5 hp is only a 1.5% difference, well below the 5% I said is the reasonable assumption.
    In real-world terms, both cars will top out at 155 mph. Autocar's M3 (with the 343 DIN rating) did 0-60 in 4.8 seconds and the quarter mile in 13.4 seconds. C&D's M3 did 0-60 in 4.7 seconds and went through the quarter mile in 13.4 seconds also.
    You made the claim about the 30 kmh discrepancy, so back it up with some evidence. Otherwise, you're just BS'ing again.
    The point is: We're not talking about US M3's vs. Euro M3's. We're talking about US Ferrari's vs. EURO Ferrari's. As an importer, you're supposed to know this kind of shit. I'm surprised you haven't answered this, and this isn't the first time I've asked it either.

<b>G) Your post compared yet another major flagship Viper to a smaller V8 Ferrari. What a stupid comparison. You never see that bullshit in Euro mags. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    "Never"? LOL. How do you explain the SportAuto SuperTest where they compared the 996TT, 360 Modena, UK-spec 411-ps Viper, and the Lamborghini Diablo? Or how about this, from <b>evo's</b> (UK) Used Car Guide on the Viper and Corvette:
    "Back in evo 22 the Viper GTS slugged it out with Porsche 996 Turbo, Ferrari 360 Modena, Lamborghini Diablo, and Pagani Zonda. The fact that it cruised down to Italy to meet this formidable group showed how useable the viper is. And at the end of the week, no-one doubted its speed, or its immense character."
    "Never"? Once again, you are wrong!!! Give it up already.

<b>H) Regardless if you really think that the stock Vipers are better than the Ferraris in their class go ahead, but more than half the world will laugh at you. You think you know it all but your automotive education is terribly one sided.

And if I say I think stock Vipers are better than the Ferraris (I haven't said that now, have I?), you think half the world will hear it? I don't give a crap about what most people say on these forums anyway, what makes you think I'll give one rat's ass about the rest of the world. ROTFLMAO!
    "My automotive education is terribly one sided". LOL What would YOU know about my automotive education? You don't know anything about me, and yet you're willing to assume something. Hint about my automotive education:
    I've spent the majority of my automotive life wrenching on my own personal EURO and JAPANESE cars. I grew up on F1, not NASCAR or NHRA dragracing. So shove it up your ass. At the very least, acknowledge that you are wrong (again!).

24. #24 Guibo, Aug 9, 2002
    <b>A) It isn’t faster anyway. Take a 96 355 and compare it to a 96 RT10 and the 355 even has a faster top speed which is not what it‘s meant for. LOL ></b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Yeah, like the Viper RT/10 was meant for top speed. LOL. Given the development time of the F355 (being a descendant of the 348, 328, 308, etc.), its smaller frontal mass, and streamlined COUPE design, not to mention its 100% premium over the Viper, you'd better expect it to be faster. Whoopde#$%#in'doo!

<b>B) Guibo, do you seriously need an article for everything in order to believe it? I’ve seen numerous websites that posts the 360’s top speed in that range (189mph), look for yourself. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I know the source for that 189 mph figure. It's sitting in my hands right now. Do you have it? Who cares if 100 websites say it. It doesn't make it so. Just look at the stats for this car god knows how many others and you'll see how unreliable website statistics are. Like I said, GO TO THE SOURCE.

<b>C) Another misread Guibo? I said it has hit 3.5 not “look at this article it hit 3.5”. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Well, when you say: "4.5 0-60? It’s done it in 3.5 before. If you look at this site you’ll see what I mean http://www.fast-cars.net/thecars/page/?id=118"
    aren't you implying the 3.5 second figure comes from that very website. You said, "IF YOU LOOK AT THIS WEBSITE YOU'LL SEE WHAT I MEAN." What website? The one you provided. www.fast-cars.net/thecars/page/?id=118. You didn't provide any other website DID you? I don't see it. All I see is a website that says 3.9 seconds.
    Please. The next time you say something like "If you look at THIS (not that, not the other) website you'll see what I mean", post a goddamn link to THAT site. Otherwise, NO, we DON'T know what you mean.

<b>>D) All you do is bring up how Ferrari should have an advantage because they specialize in racing and because they are more expensive. Sounds like excuses to me. Dodge races too and Ferraris are more expensive because they are rare and hand built. You want to hear disadvantages? How about 2 cylinders and 4.4 lts. The Dodge is huge and still can’t outperform the Ferrari. The numbers might be close and it may even win in certain areas but it is not the faster car in any case. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Well, then a Dodge Ram pickup should have an advantage over the Ferrari, according to your theory. How about a 12-cylinder 850CSI?
    "Dodge races too." LOL. In NASCAR, mainly. You'd expect that a company that specializes in Formula One would have the fastest cornering, quickest slaloming, best braking cars in the business, wouldn't you?

<b>E) I didn’t claim it set the fastest time in a slalom your American car mags did. I think it was R&T. I know I know “Post it”. Look it up, I don’t have it. Think about it. The car was in production from the mid to late 90‘s. Odds are since then cars have surpassed it by now. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    The Viper has been in production since the early '90s. So what's your point. Oh, I see. Making excuses again. Boohoo. The point is the F355 was slower than the Viper GTS when tested at the same time (in MT, in C&D, and in R&T). The brand spankin' new 360 Modena was slower as well.

<b>F) US modified cars do lose power. See for most that is common knowledge but you will only believe it if MT or RT posts it. Look at the Euro M3 and the US version. There must be a 30kmh difference in top speed. I’m sure the margin is not always that big and modifications vary but those are pre modified for sale in the US and look at what a difference it makes. But even if there was only a 5% difference like you said don’t you think that would be significant considering the closeness of these results.

Uh, I'm pretty sure both the US and Euro M3 top out at their governor limited top speed of 155 mph. What have you been smoking? The Euro M3 is rated at 343 ps DIN. The US M3 is rated at 333 SAE bhp. Most people who know these cars say 5 of those 10 horses are easily attributed to the different hp measuring systems between the two countries. The other 5 is due to the exhaust. 5 hp is only a 1.5% difference, well below the 5% I said is the reasonable assumption.
    In real-world terms, both cars will top out at 155 mph. Autocar's M3 (with the 343 DIN rating) did 0-60 in 4.8 seconds and the quarter mile in 13.4 seconds. C&D's M3 did 0-60 in 4.7 seconds and went through the quarter mile in 13.4 seconds also.
    You made the claim about the 30 kmh discrepancy, so back it up with some evidence. Otherwise, you're just BS'ing again.
    The point is: We're not talking about US M3's vs. Euro M3's. We're talking about US Ferrari's vs. EURO Ferrari's. As an importer, you're supposed to know this kind of shit. I'm surprised you haven't answered this, and this isn't the first time I've asked it either.

<b>G) Your post compared yet another major flagship Viper to a smaller V8 Ferrari. What a stupid comparison. You never see that bullshit in Euro mags. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    "Never"? LOL. How do you explain the SportAuto SuperTest where they compared the 996TT, 360 Modena, UK-spec 411-ps Viper, and the Lamborghini Diablo? Or how about this, from <b>evo's</b> (UK) Used Car Guide on the Viper and Corvette:
    "Back in evo 22 the Viper GTS slugged it out with Porsche 996 Turbo, Ferrari 360 Modena, Lamborghini Diablo, and Pagani Zonda. The fact that it cruised down to Italy to meet this formidable group showed how useable the viper is. And at the end of the week, no-one doubted its speed, or its immense character."
    "Never"? Once again, you are wrong!!! Give it up already.

<b>H) Regardless if you really think that the stock Vipers are better than the Ferraris in their class go ahead, but more than half the world will laugh at you. You think you know it all but your automotive education is terribly one sided.

And if I say I think stock Vipers are better than the Ferraris (I haven't said that now, have I?), you think half the world will hear it? I don't give a crap about what most people say on these forums anyway, what makes you think I'll give one rat's ass about the rest of the world. ROTFLMAO!
    "My automotive education is terribly one sided". LOL What would YOU know about my automotive education? You don't know anything about me, and yet you're willing to assume something. Hint about my automotive education:
    I've spent the majority of my automotive life wrenching on my own personal EURO and JAPANESE cars. I grew up on F1, not NASCAR or NHRA dragracing. So shove it up your ass. At the very least, acknowledge that you are wrong (again!).

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>The Viper RT 10 is in the class of the Modena. But the GTS is in the class of the 575, F50 etc.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Hold on a minute. Up there, you said:
    "G) Your post compared yet another major flagship Viper to a smaller V8 Ferrari. What a stupid comparison. You never see that bullshit in Euro mags."

To which I replied:
    "How do you explain the SportAuto SuperTest where they compared the 996TT, 360 Modena, UK-spec 411-ps Viper, and the Lamborghini Diablo? Or how about this, from evo's (UK) Used Car Guide on the Viper and Corvette:
    'Back in evo 22 the Viper GTS slugged it out with Porsche 996 Turbo, Ferrari 360 Modena, Lamborghini Diablo, and Pagani Zonda.'"
    Point?: You DO see that "bullshit" in Euro mags, contrary to what YOU stated. In other words, you're WRONG! (Get used to it.)

Then you said:
    "Once again I am right. Notice they didn't put the GTS or ACR with cars in a smaller class! Again read through it twice if it helps."

So, if the GTS was put up against the 360 Modena (and it was, twice!), and you say they didn't put it with cars in a smaller class, THEREFORE the 360 Modena is NOT in a smaller class. The Viper is either in the same class as the 360 Modena, or the 360 Modena is in a higher class. That is the logical conclusion, is it not? Read through it 4 times, if it helps. If not, see the line of reasoning below:

A) The GTS was put up against the 360 Modena (in two different EUROPEAN car mags).
    B) Your claim: The GTS was not put up against cars in a smaller class.

We can conclude:
    C) Therefore, the 360 Modena is NOT in a smaller class.

But
    D) You ***** and whine about the MT test with the Viper against the 360 Modena.

And from this we can conclude that
    E) You're a feckin' crybaby. Get over it.

<b> You admit then that they did use slicks. Thank you.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I wonder what the 800TT could do on real drag slicks. Thank you.

<b>… but I did prove that faster cars do exist.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    As did I. Notice my post about the Lingenfelter Corvette beating this thing.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jcazz</i>
    <b>Hey even better if it was a US Modified version. That means the Euro version would have had even better times.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Do you HAVE the Euro times? Let’s see them.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jcazz</i>
    <b>Oh and some metal components of the Modena are American, well then slap the stars and stripes on her too. LOL. Companies buy products from all over the place to build a car but Lambo helped design the engine, that is totally different.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    How is it totally different? Lambo's involvement with the Viper was very minimal. And seeing how it is that Lambo was owned by Chrysler at the time…
    Besides, it's not as simple as "some metal components of the Modena are American". The bodywork, for example, is formed in pieces outside of the Modena factory. It's assembled by ALCOA employees working in ALCOA-owned substations within the Ferrari plant. Then, the body is sent to the regular Ferrari line for paint.
    I don't see any Lambo workers assembling the production Viper engines. The point is, if you're going to slag one car for not having everything built in its home country, you've got to be ready to slag all cars and their parent companies that use foreign parts and labor. Obviously, you're not ready to do that. Boohoo!

<b> I guess the Bentley Azure and Murcielago are in the same class too then according to your stupid theories. But then you are an idiot so I’m not shocked. Anyone stupid enough to bring the Dodge Ram into a performance car conversation has to be inbred.
    Ah, but he didn't SAY it was a performance car conversation. He merely stated that the engine displacement and cylinder count are what makes the difference in favor of the Viper, irrespective of other factors. You're a bit slow to catch onto that, huh?
    Bentley? That car doesn't offer the performance of the 360, but it soundly grinds the Ferrari to a bloody pulp in terms of build quality and luxury. Compare them side by side and you'll see.

<b>And honestly for someone crying about proof all the time what have you proved besides the fact that you obviously need a girlfriend or a hobby Mr. 5000+ posts.
    Haha! Brilliant. You are shown to be a fool (about that US-spec Ferrari tested by MT) and instead of admitting the error, you engage in personal insults. What's the matter? Having problems bringing up good points?
    5,000 posts, big deal. There are guys here with many thousands more. You don't see me insulting them, do you? Why not? Because it's totally irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
    And a lot of my posts are simply posting images or lap times when people ask.