Re: Annoyed with the many idiots at this site.

Discussion in '2000 Ferrari 360 Modena' started by TopSecretSupra, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Annoyed with the many idiots at this site.

There is a multitude of morons here that think just cause a car has a lot of horse power it is fast, just because it comes from a different country it sucks, etc.

A lot of the aforementioned fools are bitching about how this car is slow and too expensive.

First, why do people worry about money when it comes to supercars. For a midsize sedan, or a station wagon, or a compact, cheapness is important. If you are buying a ferrari you do not care about how expensive it is. You have a lot more money than the cost of a 360 Modena if you are buying one.

Second, this car is very fast. It is faster than anything you will ever drive. I love Supras. I want to get one when I turn 16. I am only 13 now, but I do not talk about things that I do not know anything about, and probably know more about cars then most of the idiots here. I plan to make my car fast enough so that it can beat a 360 Modena someday. I would only make a sports car faster like this, because I can not afford a Ferrari. Just because your car is faster than this, does not make it better in any way. Also, modified Supras, RX-7s, etc. mainly have straightline acceleration and not much more. I don't care if you modified, mass-produced, machine-made Japanese sports car could go 0-60 in 3 seconds and do a 9 second quarter mile. I would take a 360 Modena anyday. Why? Because there is more to this beautiful hand-made, Italian supercar then just 0-60 speeds and quarter miles. There are reasons why people buy Ferraris and Lamborghinis and not just sports cars.

You can all talk about how your modified Japenese or American sports car can beat a 360 Modena, but how many 360s do you see on the road. I see Firebirds, Cameros, Corvettes, Supras, Rx-7s, 3000GTs, 300ZXs, Mustangs, and Eclipses every day.

Lastly, I would like to condemn the stupid people who decide they do not like a car strictly because of where it is made. American cars are not better than Japenese cars and vice-versa. The country a car is made in does not affect the quality.

Note: You're car is not good just cause you have a huge tank of nitrous in it.
    <!-- Signature -->

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TopSecretSupra</i>
    <b>Lastly, I would like to condemn the stupid people who decide they do not like a car strictly because of where it is made. American cars are not better than Japenese cars and vice-versa. The country a car is made in does not affect the quality.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Agreed!!

'Cept that point about those RX-7's (and others). They can be tuned not just for straightline, but also to handle like demons.

3. I am more referring to the people that just put a few performance parts and nitrous into their car, and think it can beat anything. I don't think that you're car is faster if you could only win with nitrous, because it isn't full time.

Do you know which car:300ZX, Supra, Rx-7, or 3000gt has the best handling. I would assume 3000gt but I am not saying that because I really don't know. 3000gt is the only one with AWD though.<!-- Signature -->

4. My bet is on the RX-7. It's considerably lighter than the others. Peter Farrell does a good job of tuning them for roadracing circuits.

Here are some lap times, done by MT back in '94 (same-day, same-driver test) on these cars when stock.
    1.1-mile Streets of Willow
    Car: Lap times / Skidpad / Slalom
    RX-7 R2: 1:04.98 / 0.98g / 69.8 mph
    Supra Turbo: 1:05.26 / 0.97g / 68.5 mph

Same track, but in '90 (different track conditions)
    300ZX TT: 1:11.42 / 0.88g / 70.5 mph
    Dodge Stealth R/T AWD: 1:11.63 / 0.87g / 67.0 mph

In '97, MT took some of them to the .75-mile Las Vegas Motorspeedway infield road circuit.
    Supra Turbo: 0:41.3 / 0.94g / 68.9 mph
    3000GT VR-4: 0:42.3 / 0.95g / 67.5 mph

So, on these fairly short courses, these cars are pretty close.

5. finally someone that isn't ignorant. everyone on this site is like this is better and your car sucks cause its from a different country. i'd like to quote you on the part where you said that the country does not affect the quality. that is very true. i don't really hate a certain brand of cars other than fords cause they are cheaply made but i'll still drive one. if it gets you from A to B and back again its a fine car.
    now i drive a POS car that i bought about a year ago. Its a 1990 dodge spirit turbo. not that the turbo really does anything these days. its got 195,000 miles, the windsheild is cracked, i'm buying a new radiator, i've put a lot of work into this car and its my first car for the low low price of $150. you learn a shit load about the car when you are the one that does the work on it. and more importantly you learn to appriciate the car and the little improvements that you put into it. when i got the car there wasn't a stereo or a muffler. so when i got those fixed, even though my stereo sucks i don't have anything against it cause i drove around for 6 months without one.
    now think about my car and then think about the 360. i was lucky enough to ride in one at a party that we had. it had paddle shifters, and had a sub 4 mid 3 0-60 time. as you can guess it scared the shit out of me as well as made me fall in love with ferrari's. the guy who owned the car has done 190, and when he took me along went strait up to 120 in 7 or 8 seconds. to me it seemed like 3 or 4 cause right after he got going he said " and thats 120mph"
    so i end saying that unless you have driven or riden in the car you can't say shit.

6. You got to ride in a Ferrari? Lucky basterd. The closest I've been to one is seeing a 550 Maranello, 360 Spyder, and 360 Modena at a car show.

Anyway, to enforce my earlier point, to declare that all cars from one country are crap is too much of a generalization to be credible.

For example, the majority German cars are really high quality cars (BMW, Mercedes, Porsche) but you can't just say all German cars are good because of Volkswagon.

Personally, I am not a big fan of most American cars. This is not just because they are American. It is just because of the individual cars. I do not like Cameros. Mustangs are much too common for me. I do not find the new Thunderbirds very impressive (do not respond to these statements, I am not here to argue about Cameros and Mustangs). However, I do not just say that all American cars suck. Just because I do not like one car does not mean I hate all cars from the country it is made in.

I don't like most current American cars such as Cameros, Mustangs, Firebirds... I think these cars were much better compared to other cars back when they were powerful muscle cars. Cameros used to be worthy of respect. I love classic Mustangs and Firebirds too. Some cars are still good though, like Corvettes.

I think the new Thunderbirds should be much more powerful. At least it looks like the earlier ones more than the later ones. I don't know if you have ever seen them, but some of the later ones are hideous. They look like boxy sedans.

I would respect them more if they were like the new GT40s. New GT40s are beautiful and really powerful. The Thunderbird should have more than 250 hp if it supposed to be a remake of a muscle car. Back in the 60s, if a muscle car had 250 hp it would be laughed at. I don't get the point of remaking a classic if the remake isn't really good.

Yes I know most of this post is completely irrelevent to the rest of this topic and I am not trying to change the subject, but I didn't feel like starting a new topic so I threw this in here.

<!-- Signature -->

7. :D Me dad has sat in some of the Sultan of Brunei's cars, which include a McLaren F1, and the concept FerrariFX, which was custom tailored for the Sultan of Brunei. He also has sat in the 456 estate, and 4 door 456.

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TopSecretSupra</i>
    <b>There is a multitude of morons here that think just cause a car has a lot of horse power it is fast, just because it comes from a different country it sucks, etc.

A lot of the aforementioned fools are bitching about how this car is slow and too expensive.

First, why do people worry about money when it comes to supercars. For a midsize sedan, or a station wagon, or a compact, cheapness is important. If you are buying a ferrari you do not care about how expensive it is. You have a lot more money than the cost of a 360 Modena if you are buying one.

Second, this car is very fast. It is faster than anything you will ever drive. I love Supras. I want to get one when I turn 16. I am only 13 now, but I do not talk about things that I do not know anything about, and probably know more about cars then most of the idiots here. I plan to make my car fast enough so that it can beat a 360 Modena someday. I would only make a sports car faster like this, because I can not afford a Ferrari. Just because your car is faster than this, does not make it better in any way. Also, modified Supras, RX-7s, etc. mainly have straightline acceleration and not much more. I don't care if you modified, mass-produced, machine-made Japanese sports car could go 0-60 in 3 seconds and do a 9 second quarter mile. I would take a 360 Modena anyday. Why? Because there is more to this beautiful hand-made, Italian supercar then just 0-60 speeds and quarter miles. There are reasons why people buy Ferraris and Lamborghinis and not just sports cars.

You can all talk about how your modified Japenese or American sports car can beat a 360 Modena, but how many 360s do you see on the road. I see Firebirds, Cameros, Corvettes, Supras, Rx-7s, 3000GTs, 300ZXs, Mustangs, and Eclipses every day.

Lastly, I would like to condemn the stupid people who decide they do not like a car strictly because of where it is made. American cars are not better than Japenese cars and vice-versa. The country a car is made in does not affect the quality.

Note: You're car is not good just cause you have a huge tank of nitrous in it.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END

Amen to that! GO FERRARI !!!!!!!

9. #9 Ferrari Nut, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Finally someone on this site that has something between their ears!! I totally agree with what you're saying - you're seem pretty intelligent and mature for a 13 year old.

If anyone ever gets sick of the shit that gets spoken on these forums, and wants some intelligent automotive conversation, go to www.evo.co.uk (official site for british car magazine evo). There are plenty of forums there, the only difference being the lack of bigoted, ignorant, stupidity that goes on here.

Peace.

10. Yes there are many idiots here, but it's still possible to have a good time. Just take a look at the main forums, you'll like it more there.<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TopSecretSupra</i>
    <b>First, why do people worry about money when it comes to supercars. For a midsize sedan, or a station wagon, or a compact, cheapness is important. If you are buying a ferrari you do not care about how expensive it is. You have a lot more money than the cost of a 360 Modena if you are buying one.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Very well-said, especially coming from someone who is thirteen. Well spelled too, mostly. Good for you.

12. ..anony said exactly what i was going to say-not bad at all for a 13 year old. NO, actually, not bad-period....you're a lot more mature than some of the idiots on this site

13. I see ferrari's a lot (or used to) so they don't mean much to me.<!-- Signature -->

14. But if you tell people that you have driven this car and say stuff that you hated on the car then you get bashed and people say shit so whats the use about talking about the car. <!-- Signature -->

15. Good for you TopSecretSupra. I agree with you 100%. The people on this site don't seem to realize that these forums are here for rational debate and discussion about cars we love, not "fuk u, u r on crack retard" and stuff like that. me, i've never sat in a ferrari. i work in downtown boston and sometimes on my walk to the train station i see this charcoal gray 550 maranello and let me tell you, it makes my day just to watch and hear it pull away from a stop light. i don't currently own a car, but i'm just out of college and making decent money. when i get some of my loans paid off i'm going to try to buy an E36 M3 and love the hell out of it. will i ever fulfill my dream of owning a dark blue F355? probably not...but it doesn't hurt to dream!