Re: ANOTHER CAMERO KILLER HUH?

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1' started by 428cjpower, Aug 9, 2002.

1. amen to that brother!!!!

2. A Camaro killer my ass. My stock 2000 SS that i paid 20,000 dollars for can smoke the shisnits out of this hunk of junk. I can already beat the new (not the 2003) cobras

3. ANOTHER CAMERO KILLER HUH?

FORD IS JUST ROLLIN THEM OUT ARN'T THEY!! LOL!! AND YOU KNOW WHATS FUNNY, THOSE CAMERO FANS ARE STILL BALLIN AND KEEP SAYIN THAT THE CAMEROS ARE STILL FASTER AND BETTER!!!!! I ACTUALLY FEEL SORRY FOR THE LITTLE LOSERS!!!!!

4. You are the funniest motherf*cker ever! 300hp 5 speed Mustang vs. 325hp 6 speed F-Body, and you actually think the Ford will win... lmao. Keep up the good work Einstein, Ford still needs all the idiot fans they can get.

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Duke Nukem</i>
    <b>You are the funniest motherf*cker ever! 300hp 5 speed Mustang vs. 325hp 6 speed F-Body, and you actually think the Ford will win... lmao. Keep up the good work Einstein, Ford still needs all the idiot fans they can get.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The mach1 is a good match for the SS actually. As it is it runs low 13s, with slicks it's a 12-second car. Of course the new Cobra will blow the doors off the SS, which is actually in the same class. Think of the Mach 1 as the car that puts the z28 in its place.

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Duke Nukem</i>
    <b>You are the funniest motherf*cker ever! 300hp 5 speed Mustang vs. 325hp 6 speed F-Body, and you actually think the Ford will win... lmao. Keep up the good work Einstein, Ford still needs all the idiot fans they can get.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The mach1 is a good match for the SS actually. As it is it runs low 13s, with slicks it's a 12-second car. Of course the new Cobra will blow the doors off the SS, which is actually in the same class. Think of the Mach 1 as the car that puts the z28 in its place.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your right, this car will put the z28 in its place. And it should also humble the ss. Most camaro ss's run low 13s, well guess what so does this car.

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Duke Nukem</i>
    <b>Is there even REAL 1/4 mile times for the Mach1?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Real? What makes real tests? What's the difference between professional drivers like those at motortrend and the professionals that ran the mach 1 at Fun ford weekend? Nothing much, the mach1 is a low to mid 13 second car with one driver, but not another? Of course not.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Duke Nukem</i>
    <b>And btw 03 Cobra is not in the same class as the z28/ss, its in the same class as the vette/z06. So its pretty gay to compare the 03 Cobra to the z28/ss.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

LOL. No it is NOT. The Cobra is in the same class as the SS. Though it is on the performance level of the corvette and Z06, it costs MUCH less than the corvette, it is in a different class.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SSfearSS</i>
    <b>The GT is supposed to be a match with the Z28. SVT Cobra is the SS's match. Plain and simple. The Mach 1 will still be slower than a Z28's 325 hp.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The z28 has 310 horsepower, the SS has 325 horsepower. The mach1 is a low to mid 13 second car which is all an SS and z28 can claim. So, yes maybe the SS is as fast as the mach1.

8. Is there even REAL 1/4 mile times for the Mach1? And btw 03 Cobra is not in the same class as the z28/ss, its in the same class as the vette/z06. So its pretty gay to compare the 03 Cobra to the z28/ss.

9. The GT is supposed to be a match with the Z28. SVT Cobra is the SS's match. Plain and simple. The Mach 1 will still be slower than a Z28's 325 hp.<!-- Signature -->

10. i don't know what to compare the cobra too. first the chevy fans say it is only in the same league with the camaros, than the rest say it should be compared to the vette and even the zo6. well i really give up. we should make a complete new class for the new cobra i think, too make everyone happy.
    anyhow this car is probably a good car car to go against the camaros.

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Duke Nukem</i>
    <b>Is there even REAL 1/4 mile times for the Mach1? And btw 03 Cobra is not in the same class as the z28/ss, its in the same class as the vette/z06. So its pretty gay to compare the 03 Cobra to the z28/ss.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

These chevy guys can be pretty retarded. When their car is faster they say, compare the cobras to the ss. Now that the cobra is faster, and the mach 1 is faster or aleast just as fast as the ss, they say, well their not in the same class as the ss, compare them to a $51,000 car. Just face it chevy guys the camaro had its day, now its time for the mustang to take the crown again.
    The mach 1 ran a 13.4 quater. The cobra ran a 12.6. Those are REAL times.

12. I will have to admit this can't beat an ss, but the 2003 cobra could beat the ss. The cobra should be compared to the ss not the vette let the gt40 do that. Who cares if the cobra is cheaper than the vette. The vette is a lot better looking(a lot of people will agree, but not everyone) and more rare. Besides this won't be able to touch the 2004 corvette. The 2004 corvette will have a projected 529hp. The camaro ss can't beat the 2003 cobra, but the 2002 zl1 will they will only make 69 like the original, and they will have 400hp. The mach 1 won't be as great as the original though, because if you get close to a mustang(any kind) it looks as if it's made out of plastic it isn't high quality like the old ones. Over all I think this will be a nice car.

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b>I will have to admit this can't beat an ss, but the 2003 cobra could beat the ss. The cobra should be compared to the ss not the vette let the gt40 do that. Who cares if the cobra is cheaper than the vette. The vette is a lot better looking(a lot of people will agree, but not everyone) and more rare. Besides this won't be able to touch the 2004 corvette. The 2004 corvette will have a projected 529hp. The camaro ss can't beat the 2003 cobra, but the 2002 zl1 will they will only make 69 like the original, and they will have 400hp. The mach 1 won't be as great as the original though, because if you get close to a mustang(any kind) it looks as if it's made out of plastic it isn't high quality like the old ones. Over all I think this will be a nice car.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Why do you camaro guys always talk about the zl1? The one being made is not production, it's a tuner car. Its just an ss with a vette engine dropped in it! Go check chevys website, no zl1, they do not make it!
    2004 should have a new cobra r to compete with the new z06. But who knows, since its not 2004, or even 2003 yet!
    Please chevy guys stop posting stupid shit, I love camaros to, along with mustangs, but right now the mustang is king, live with it.

14. Why do you bring up the ZL1 every time someone compares the 2003 Cobra to the 2002 SS. The thing, despite being a tuner car and the cobra being a stock car, costs 50 grand. Why do you compare a 35k car to a 50k car. That's like you saying a camaro SS can beat whatever and I reply, well the Saleen 351 Supercharged will whoop the camaro. Do you realize how dumb that is?

15. Only the 2000 zl1 is a tuner car the 2002 model is made by chevy. Besides you can't compare a 2002 to a 2003, because the 2003 is newer plus the fact that it has a turbo. If you want to compare fair compare a 2002 ss with a turbo to a 2003 cobra, that's only fair. Now don't get me wrong, but I like mustangs, but they just aren't as fast. There I was honest. You can't prove to me that this is faster than a z28 or an ss, because it doesn't have stats yet.<!-- Signature -->

16. you chevy fans are making me hate chevy more and more, and you are the guys putting bad names on chevy. first off all its always with the supercharger with the cobra, lets see why don't we put the 5.4liter cobra r engine in this car and see how much of a whoop assing will it give the SS. lower displacement so that should make you happy, and it might be around 40grand probably since it doesn't have the gizmos that cobra R has.
    second the 2004 corvete doesn't have the 500hp, the base will get 400 hp and z06 will have 425hp, the new zo6 which will come at 2006 might have that much but wait 4more years, i read this at auto.com, or autoweek.com.
    one more thing someone mentioned that the new ZL1 is going to be chev produced, one question how the hell do you know that when i haven't heard when the camaros are going to come up, and what they will be.

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b>Only the 2000 zl1 is a tuner car the 2002 model is made by chevy. Besides you can't compare a 2002 to a 2003, because the 2003 is newer plus the fact that it has a turbo. If you want to compare fair compare a 2002 ss with a turbo to a 2003 cobra, that's only fair. Now don't get me wrong, but I like mustangs, but they just aren't as fast. There I was honest. You can't prove to me that this is faster than a z28 or an ss, because it doesn't have stats yet.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

13.40. Real time. But I guess you weren't there so it doesn't count...

The 2003 comes STOCK with a SUPERCHARGER. The camaro doesn't. I would compare the 2003 Camaro to the 2003 Cobra but their ain't one. When motortrend compared a 2002 SS to a 2001 Cobra same thing, 'run what you brung'. If the camaro can't hang after only 1 year, well...

The ZL1 is NOT a production car for the last f#cking time. Even chevy fans admit it, why are you the only 'special' one?

18. hey hoseman i think we should start counting ford boss as ford production. lets see it was a ford project really, insiders made it, and the engine and components are from ford. so that would make it ford built. so what if its not on the street, at least ford made it unlike your presious zl1.

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mariowrc</i>
    <b>hey hoseman i think we should start counting ford boss as ford production. lets see it was a ford project really, insiders made it, and the engine and components are from ford. so that would make it ford built. so what if its not on the street, at least ford made it unlike your presious zl1.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

That's true. And then when you compare it to the Z28, the z28 loses, therefore camaros suck. It's so simple. You just have to be smart and think like these chev owners. LOL.

20. Yea ford got there ass killed in the muscle car era by dodge and chevy but now since there all dead they can finaly win YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. well its about time that ford actually came close to matching the camaro z28's power. its only been how long 6 yrs. well the 03 cobra is really nothing special, well yeah the cobra will beat a camaro ss. it has as much power as a m5 but put it up against any real competition and it will be smoked. i read recently that this car will take on the m3, well german muscle will slaughter american pony cars any day anytime. by the way it cant beat the corvette either.

22. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bmwmpower24</i>
    <b>well its about time that ford actually came close to matching the camaro z28's power. its only been how long 6 yrs. well the 03 cobra is really nothing special, well yeah the cobra will beat a camaro ss. it has as much power as a m5 but put it up against any real competition and it will be smoked. i read recently that this car will take on the m3, well german muscle will slaughter american pony cars any day anytime. by the way it cant beat the corvette either.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Cobra will absolutely burn the m3. Sorry, but it's true.

We've already been over this, but the Cobra will beat a BASE corvette and will most likely lose to a Z06. But the car costs 15k more!!!

23. all you dumb f*cks out there that think this car cant beat a camaro must have been droped on there head at birth fist of all they say its suspeceted to have over 300hp the key word there is OVER this means it could be 375hp as far as i no that could beat a z/28 and whould kill a ss camarao and i bet it could even kill a corvette.

24. Some of you guys remind me of when my friends used to compare who had better pogs. Jesus Christ. Who the hell said that a Z28 HAS to be compared to a damn GT, and an SS HAS GOT to be compared to a Cobra? I could see that happening a couple years ago, but not anymore. Theres the GT, Bullit, Mach1, and SVT. They all asend in price, power and anemities. Ford did it to make MONEY by giving the CONSUMER more options. To each their own, and run what you brung. I mean really, its all fun isnt it? If I see some guy with a Camaro im not going to start bitching at him, Ill talk to him about his car, ask him what he has, about it, etc. If he can beat me he can beat me, if he can't he cant.
    And to the guy that posted about Ford finally winning now that Chevy and Dodge are out of the picture, what in gods name are you talking about??? When exactly during the muscle car era was ford agreably being beaten out of the picture? Was it the GT500's or maybe the 428 Cobra Jet's your reffering to?? Or do you even know what the hell your babbling about when you babble...shut up! And how exactly ARE dodge and chevy out of the picture anyway?? You must not have heard about Dodge's 200+ hp hi-performance neon, their V-10 Ram, or their new 500hp Viper. And you must have been too busy under the sheets with your neighbor boyfriend to pay attention to GMs GTO, the Pontiac Soltice, or the Z06.

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bmwmpower24</i>
    <b>well its about time that ford actually came close to matching the camaro z28's power. its only been how long 6 yrs. well the 03 cobra is really nothing special, well yeah the cobra will beat a camaro ss. it has as much power as a m5 but put it up against any real competition and it will be smoked. i read recently that this car will take on the m3, well german muscle will slaughter american pony cars any day anytime. by the way it cant beat the corvette either.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

, Whats this crap about you thinking your all dominent b/c of some M5 you dont have. Sure they are fine cars, but dont go telling me german cars are always going to be better, and whatever other crap you have to say, because while your busy f-ing with your heated seats, and reading the instruction manual on how to start your new 7 series, the Lingenfelter Corvette that used to be next to your sorry @$$ just smoked you and that F-18 jet that was next to you (MotorTrend, June '02). But you probably forgot about it because by the time you get next to it again the diver has parked it and gone to lunch. And what do you mean if the '03 Cobra is put up against REAL competition, and that German muscle will beat pony cars anyday anytime?? The BMW M5 has 394hp and runs the 1/4 mile in 13.3 (according to BMW's own website), are you STONED?? Better get your facts in order, the '03 Cobra runs it in 12.6, and yes WILL kill the 333hp M3, at least I would asume so since its quicker than an M5. And the Super Sport Camaro runs it in 13.5, only two hundreths of a second slower than the almost 400hp German muscle car. And I'm talking stock, vs. stock, vs. stock here. Beleive me, I KNOW, its a BMW and all. But you were talking about muscle and their speed, but facts are facts, and those are them.