Re: ANOTHER CAMERO KILLER HUH?

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1' started by 428cjpower, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from whiteGT</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bmwmpower24</i>
    <b>well its about time that ford actually came close to matching the camaro z28's power. its only been how long 6 yrs. well the 03 cobra is really nothing special, well yeah the cobra will beat a camaro ss. it has as much power as a m5 but put it up against any real competition and it will be smoked. i read recently that this car will take on the m3, well german muscle will slaughter american pony cars any day anytime. by the way it cant beat the corvette either.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

, Whats this crap about you thinking your all dominent b/c of some M5 you dont have. Sure they are fine cars, but dont go telling me german cars are always going to be better, and whatever other crap you have to say, because while your busy f-ing with your heated seats, and reading the instruction manual on how to start your new 7 series, the Lingenfelter Corvette that used to be next to your sorry @$$ just smoked you and that F-18 jet that was next to you (MotorTrend, June '02). But you probably forgot about it because by the time you get next to it again the diver has parked it and gone to lunch. And what do you mean if the '03 Cobra is put up against REAL competition, and that German muscle will beat pony cars anyday anytime?? The BMW M5 has 394hp and runs the 1/4 mile in 13.3 (according to BMW's own website), are you STONED?? Better get your facts in order, the '03 Cobra runs it in 12.6, and yes WILL kill the 333hp M3, at least I would asume so since its quicker than an M5. And the Super Sport Camaro runs it in 13.5, only two hundreths of a second slower than the almost 400hp German muscle car. And I'm talking stock, vs. stock, vs. stock here. Beleive me, I KNOW, its a BMW and all. But you were talking about muscle and their speed, but facts are facts, and those are them. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

2. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! SHUTUP. THIS IS NOT FASTER THAN AN SS OR A WS6! SHUTUP ABOUT THE QUARTER MILES! THAT DOESN"T MATTER WHEN YOUR ON A TWISTY ROAD! The quater mile for tha SS, 12.9[02] mortor trend. WS6? 12.3[335 hp option] mortor trend. Top speeds 145, 167[335 hp option] and 172[335 hp option] respectively<!-- Signature -->

3. #28 Heyman, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>
    <b>WS6? 12.3[335 hp option] mortor trend.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Are you on crack????

Oh I didn't read the fine print. I thought you wrote 'motor trend'. My bad. I did read that issue of MORTor trend. The Geo LS ran mid 13s.<!-- Signature -->

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>
    <b>AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! SHUTUP. THIS IS NOT FASTER THAN AN SS OR A WS6! SHUTUP ABOUT THE QUARTER MILES! THAT DOESN"T MATTER WHEN YOUR ON A TWISTY ROAD! The quater mile for tha SS, 12.9[02] mortor trend. WS6? 12.3[335 hp option] mortor trend. Top speeds 145, 167[335 hp option] and 172[335 hp option] respectively</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

It must be fun to live in a world where anything you want to happen does.
    Does the "special bus" that picks you up for school have a low 12 quarter mile time also?

6. It said that in the magazine. Maybe a typo, they sometimes make mistakes[like the april 02 one, they said the firebird ran 11.6]. Ya the Camaro run's 13.5, sorry about that. I can prove that they have a greater top speed and handling, but that does not mean that it whips them. Here
    Firebird WS6:0.91g
    Camaro:0.91[SS]
    SVT cobra 03:0.90g[but it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy faster in the quarter mile]<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>
    <b>Maybe a typo, they sometimes make mistakes[like the april 02 one, they said the firebird ran 11.6].</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

And you believed them...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>
    <b>I can prove that they have a greater top speed and handling, but that does not mean that it whips them. Here
    SVT cobra 03:0.90g[but it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy faster in the quarter mile]</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

We've already been over this. Why don't you PROVE they have better handling. Like sources that say the camaro handles better than the mustang. Or lap times. Skidpad doesn't prove it handles better, there are TONS of instances where cars with better skidpad g's lose on a course.<!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>
    <b>Maybe a typo, they sometimes make mistakes[like the april 02 one, they said the firebird ran 11.6].</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

And you believed them...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>
    <b>I can prove that they have a greater top speed and handling, but that does not mean that it whips them. Here
    SVT cobra 03:0.90g[but it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy faster in the quarter mile]</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

We've already been over this. Why don't you PROVE they have better handling. Like sources that say the camaro handles better than the mustang. Or lap times. Skidpad doesn't prove it handles better, there are TONS of instances where cars with better skidpad g's lose on a course.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

He can't, because every magizine says the same thing, that the mustang is the better handling car, period. You can say what you want elcam71, we now your just making shit up.

9. Ok. Through the slalom the firebird WS6 runs 65.7 through the slalom and The SS 63.9. All these numbers are taken from MT, and sure beats the 01 cobra's speed of 63.4.<!-- Signature -->

10. Yea, by a whole 0.3 MPH. And I'm sure that stays 100% consistant every single run.

11. #36 Heyman, Aug 9, 2002
    <b>Ok. Through the slalom the firebird WS6 runs 65.7 through the slalom and The SS 63.9. All these numbers are taken from MT, and sure beats the 01 cobra's speed of 63.4.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

64.6 for the WS6
    http://www.motortrend.com/dec99/firebirdta/firebirdta_f.html

Is that another typo EagleF1? Give facts and links, till then I don't talk to you.<!-- Signature -->

12. WELL WHY IS FORD BRINGIN ALL THESE SUPER POWERFUL CARS OUT NOW? THERE IS NO COMPETITION. THIS WONT BE ABLE TO BEAT EVEN A SPEC Z28 AND DEFINATLY NOT A SS. HOLD ON I KNOW WHAT U ARE GOIN TO SAY, WELL THE 03 COBRA CAN, WELL THE 02 Z06 WILL SMOKE A COBRA ANYDAY.<!-- Signature -->

13. And we have another winner...<!-- Signature -->

14. #39 AZAKAMOUKOU, Aug 9, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>
    <b>Ok. Through the slalom the firebird WS6 runs 65.7 through the slalom and The SS 63.9. All these numbers are taken from MT, and sure beats the 01 cobra's speed of 63.4.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

64.6 for the WS6

Is that another typo EagleF1? Give facts and links, till then I don't talk to you.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Read the mag, shithead.<!-- Signature -->

15. #40 American HP, Aug 9, 2002
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>

64.6 for the WS6

Is that another typo EagleF1? Give facts and links, till then I don't talk to you.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Read the mag, shithead.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Learn how to read shithead! Earlier you stated that the ws6 got a .91g in the skidpad, well it gets a .84g! Then you say the ws6 gets a 65.7 in the slalom when it really gets a 64.6, need some hooked on phonix their buddy!

16. #41 Heyman, Aug 9, 2002
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>

64.6 for the WS6

Read the mag, shithead.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

FairyF1 click the link.

Look at the skidpad and slalom results,
    Now look at the numbers you gave me,
    Now notice that you said motortrend,
    Now notice that the link is from motortrend...

Feel kinda stupid?<!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bmwmpower24</i>
    <b>WELL WHY IS FORD BRINGIN ALL THESE SUPER POWERFUL CARS OUT NOW? THERE IS NO COMPETITION. THIS WONT BE ABLE TO BEAT EVEN A SPEC Z28 AND DEFINATLY NOT A SS. HOLD ON I KNOW WHAT U ARE GOIN TO SAY, WELL THE 03 COBRA CAN, WELL THE 02 Z06 WILL SMOKE A COBRA ANYDAY.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

don't forget about the Roush, Bullit, and saleen mustangs, the roush would smoke an ss

the '03 cobra can hang wit a base C-5, but it WILL ge smoked by a Z06

but guess wut can smoke a Z06???? the GT-40

ur forgettin to count that in, this car would have the Z06 inhalin it's exhaust pipes. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE Chevy cars and the Z06 and camaros, but i know when something is bette than the other<!-- Signature -->

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mariowrc</i>
    <b>i don't know what to compare the cobra too. first the chevy fans say it is only in the same league with the camaros, than the rest say it should be compared to the vette and even the zo6. well i really give up. we should make a complete new class for the new cobra i think, too make everyone happy.
    anyhow this car is probably a good car car to go against the camaros.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Once the 2004 vette comes out the 2003 cobra and 2004 cobra will not be able to compare neither will vipers, but the gt40 will be a good match since they both will be around the same weight and hp. range.<!-- Signature -->

19. Camaro, the 2004 Cobra is to have taken the form of the concept FR500. It's a NA 5.0 that puts out 415 horsepower. Don't be so confident that a corvette will beat it.

P.S. I didn't know the corvette was losing 200+ lbs. and was gaining 100 horsepower with improved aerodynamics...<!-- Signature -->

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mariowrc</i>
    <b>you chevy fans are making me hate chevy more and more, and you are the guys putting bad names on chevy. first off all its always with the supercharger with the cobra, lets see why don't we put the 5.4liter cobra r engine in this car and see how much of a whoop assing will it give the SS. lower displacement so that should make you happy, and it might be around 40grand probably since it doesn't have the gizmos that cobra R has.
    second the 2004 corvete doesn't have the 500hp, the base will get 400 hp and z06 will have 425hp, the new zo6 which will come at 2006 might have that much but wait 4more years, i read this at auto.com, or autoweek.com.
    one more thing someone mentioned that the new ZL1 is going to be chev produced, one question how the hell do you know that when i haven't heard when the camaros are going to come up, and what they will be.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I'm talking about the 2002 zl1s.<!-- Signature -->

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b>Camaro, the 2004 Cobra is to have taken the form of the concept FR500. It's a NA 5.0 that puts out 415 horsepower. Don't be so confident that a corvette will beat it.

P.S. I didn't know the corvette was losing 200+ lbs. and was gaining 100 horsepower with improved aerodynamics...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I read that in car and driver or motor trend.<!-- Signature -->

22. go to motortrend.com, search for corvette. click the link '2004 Corvette'

"Although the LS6-motivated Z06 is reported to produce 400 horsepower for the 2002 model year, the C6 is expected to generate in the range of 370 horsepower and 390 pound-feet of torque." - Motortrend.<!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from shockwave racing</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Duke Nukem</i>
    <b>You are the funniest motherf*cker ever! 300hp 5 speed Mustang vs. 325hp 6 speed F-Body, and you actually think the Ford will win... lmao. Keep up the good work Einstein, Ford still needs all the idiot fans they can get.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The mach1 is a good match for the SS actually. As it is it runs low 13s, with slicks it's a 12-second car. Of course the new Cobra will blow the doors off the SS, which is actually in the same class. Think of the Mach 1 as the car that puts the z28 in its place.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You have to be kidding!!!! Running 13's. Bullshit only if they were going down hill or on slicks or most likely both. Most American cars are piles of shit that go sort of fast in a straight line and then handle like a frightened kitten on wet tiles when anything even resembling a curve gets thrown into the equation. I also think that the Camaro is a waste of time. Long live the Corvette!!!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You sir are a complete moron. The mach 1 did reach a 13.4 in bad conditions (hot humid), and a 12.9 with slicks. Mustangs have always been know as great handling car. Look at any article about the cobras or the cobra r.
    Then you even have the nerve to diss the camaro! The camaro ss is fast. It might not have handled the corners as well as the mustangs, but in no way did it "handle like a frightened kitten on wet tiles when anything even resembling a curve".
    Its sad to see the camaro leave, but I would not be to sad to see you leave.

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from shockwave racing</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Duke Nukem</i>
    <b>You are the funniest motherf*cker ever! 300hp 5 speed Mustang vs. 325hp 6 speed F-Body, and you actually think the Ford will win... lmao. Keep up the good work Einstein, Ford still needs all the idiot fans they can get.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The mach1 is a good match for the SS actually. As it is it runs low 13s, with slicks it's a 12-second car. Of course the new Cobra will blow the doors off the SS, which is actually in the same class. Think of the Mach 1 as the car that puts the z28 in its place.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You have to be kidding!!!! Running 13's. Bullshit only if they were going down hill or on slicks or most likely both. Most American cars are piles of shit that go sort of fast in a straight line and then handle like a frightened kitten on wet tiles when anything even resembling a curve gets thrown into the equation. I also think that the Camaro is a waste of time. Long live the Corvette!!!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Can I call you an idiot?<!-- Signature -->

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from shockwave racing</i>

The way you insult Domestic cars especially the Camaro you don't deserve to drive a Vette, in fact your the one Vette owner I'd like to beat you over on your vette! You know jack-shit about cars if you think F-bodies can't handle the roads. Why don't you try this, close your browser and get on Google and do a search on Fbodies performance! If you knew anything about cars, their performance on the slalom and skidpad are nothing to be reckoned with!
    Jack-Ass!<!-- Signature -->