Re: Attention Japanese car

Discussion in '2002 Honda Civic Type-R' started by bleak7, Aug 9, 2002.

1. SeansVette,

No I dont "get it"...
    First of all, it comes down to taste.
    Second, whether you like it or not, big domestic muscle is on its way out.
    Kids are getting into the import scene more than the domestic scene.
    There is nothing you or I can do about it... just a fact.
    The Fast and the Furious is just proof that kids like that kind of stuff now. sorry...

Hey, anyone can put NOS not "nawz" (I dont speak ebonics)in their car, personally I think thats the pu$$y way out. Your right, anyone CAN put $10,000 to make their car faster.

Why cant YOU respect anyone who makes their car faster. Civic's are not shit cars. They are mostly sporty econobox's. But.... they can also be built up to be a very fast well balanced automobile. Mind you, they wont beat a well built V8, or even a V6. But they can be made faster. Yes, I am a Honda Tuner, but I also worked on Domestics when I was younger.

It doesn't matter what car you drive, you can make it faster.

You are right, Stickers dont make them faster, either do big fart pipes.
    However, there will be a time when you run into someone who KNOWS what the hell they are doing.

There are around 6 to 8 Honda Civic's that run 8's in the 1/4 mile. I dont care what they did to it, or how much it costs.. you have to respect the fact that its still a little Civic 4 banger that mom can drive.

Do I have anything against Domestics or any other cars.. NO I dont. I respect any car that can go fast. If its a 150hp Civic, or a Ford Lightning or a Camarro SS.

I personally think its a challenge to take an inline 4 engine, and push it to its breaking point... it takes much more planning, and carefull tuning to properly build up a Honda Civic... much like anyother car that you want higher performance out of.

Here is my question, why do you all waste you time talking shit about a car you will never drive in the first place?

Im not putting any of you down, thats not what Im trying to do.
    I dont disagree either, yes there are people who make their Honda CIvic's look fast, but have nothing under the hood... so what? who cares? If they try and race you.. embarass them..

My point is, I dont spend time in the Domestic forums talking shit about Firebirds or Camarros.. thats gay. Why do you waste your time here?

Its pointless to come over to these forums if all you have to say is Honda is shit, why spend more money to make faster shit...

Im wasting my time. None of you will listen to me.

It all comes down to taste.
    I wish we could have more in-depth conversations than just "this car sucks" and "this car sucks and so do the people who drive them".
    Id rather talk about what someone did to make more power. What types of Pistons or Valve Springs you replaced and what were the results of that modification... why can we talk about that????
    Do any of you actually work on cars? or do you all not own cars, and spend your time hiding behind the anonomitiy of the internet talking crap about people and the cars they drive? If thats all you plan on doing, then I have one thing to say... "Grow up".

Its not how good your car looks, or how you stand by it. Its how well you can drive it, and how well you built it up.

Think about it..

<!-- Signature -->

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bleak7</i>
    <b>SeansVette,

No I dont "get it"...
    First of all, it comes down to taste.
    Second, whether you like it or not, big domestic muscle is on its way out.
    Kids are getting into the import scene more than the domestic scene.
    There is nothing you or I can do about it... just a fact.
    The Fast and the Furious is just proof that kids like that kind of stuff now. sorry...

Hey, anyone can put NOS not "nawz" (I dont speak ebonics)in their car, personally I think thats the pu$$y way out. Your right, anyone CAN put $10,000 to make their car faster.

Why cant YOU respect anyone who makes their car faster. Civic's are not shit cars. They are mostly sporty econobox's. But.... they can also be built up to be a very fast well balanced automobile. Mind you, they wont beat a well built V8, or even a V6. But they can be made faster. Yes, I am a Honda Tuner, but I also worked on Domestics when I was younger.

It doesn't matter what car you drive, you can make it faster.

You are right, Stickers dont make them faster, either do big fart pipes.
    However, there will be a time when you run into someone who KNOWS what the hell they are doing.

There are around 6 to 8 Honda Civic's that run 8's in the 1/4 mile. I dont care what they did to it, or how much it costs.. you have to respect the fact that its still a little Civic 4 banger that mom can drive.

Do I have anything against Domestics or any other cars.. NO I dont. I respect any car that can go fast. If its a 150hp Civic, or a Ford Lightning or a Camarro SS.

I personally think its a challenge to take an inline 4 engine, and push it to its breaking point... it takes much more planning, and carefull tuning to properly build up a Honda Civic... much like anyother car that you want higher performance out of.

Here is my question, why do you all waste you time talking shit about a car you will never drive in the first place?

Im not putting any of you down, thats not what Im trying to do.
    I dont disagree either, yes there are people who make their Honda CIvic's look fast, but have nothing under the hood... so what? who cares? If they try and race you.. embarass them..

My point is, I dont spend time in the Domestic forums talking shit about Firebirds or Camarros.. thats gay. Why do you waste your time here?

Its pointless to come over to these forums if all you have to say is Honda is shit, why spend more money to make faster shit...

Im wasting my time. None of you will listen to me.

It all comes down to taste.
    I wish we could have more in-depth conversations than just "this car sucks" and "this car sucks and so do the people who drive them".
    Id rather talk about what someone did to make more power. What types of Pistons or Valve Springs you replaced and what were the results of that modification... why can we talk about that????
    Do any of you actually work on cars? or do you all not own cars, and spend your time hiding behind the anonomitiy of the internet talking crap about people and the cars they drive? If thats all you plan on doing, then I have one thing to say... "Grow up".

Its not how good your car looks, or how you stand by it. Its how well you can drive it, and how well you built it up.

Think about it..

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

bleak7 has made more sense than most of the people on here if you have a 'rice burner' or a 'gas guzzler' you'd realize that the underlying part of working on either cars is that you are working on your car, making it better in every way you can.<!-- Signature -->

3. #3 erazixil, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  4. SeansVette, that was the absolute funniest thing I have EVER seen on the internet. I only wish the turbovan was racing some little-dicked ricer.<!-- Signature -->

5. looking at my name you would expect me to defend a good looking, 160hp stock hatch for under 20K but you're wrong. though this is a great car for the dollar i just hate it. i love seeing mod civics on the streets and their sweet body kits but getting stuck behind them is hell. i can't believe the million times i was stuck behind a mod civic on a red light. i sit in my skyline and wait for the excessivly loud roar from their huge exhausts and hear the soft whistle from turbo lag. then a small screech from the crappy front wheel drive and they pull 35 in about 4 seconds. someone get them off the streets.

6. #6 RuFRturbo, Aug 9, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from erazixil</i>
    <b> http://www.thedodgegarage.com/the_reliant.html

hehehe. even americans win in souping things up</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

?? thats only 10 secs..<!-- Signature -->

7. #7 SeansVette, Aug 9, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from turboRuFr</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from erazixil</i>
    <b> http://www.thedodgegarage.com/the_reliant.html

hehehe. even americans win in souping things up</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

?? thats only 10 secs..</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I think the movie Fast & Furious did a huge injustice to real 10 second cars. Unless you have a strict dragrace only car, going 1/4 mile in 10 seconds is a phenomenal accomplishment.

Just take a look at the 1/4 mile times for some of the best performing, highest priced cars in the world.
    <!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from japcarsrule</i>
    <b>looking at my name you would expect me to defend a good looking, 160hp stock hatch for under 20K but you're wrong. though this is a great car for the dollar i just hate it. i love seeing mod civics on the streets and their sweet body kits but getting stuck behind them is hell. i can't believe the million times i was stuck behind a mod civic on a red light. i sit in my skyline and wait for the excessivly loud roar from their huge exhausts and hear the soft whistle from turbo lag. then a small screech from the crappy front wheel drive and they pull 35 in about 4 seconds. someone get them off the streets.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Very true! And have you ever seen a modded Civic try to climb a hill? It is quite comical! They don't have the power to drive uphill, and so your sitting behind them listening to the weedwhacker exhaust pipe, going about .2 mph, and wonder if you will ever get to the top of the hill!<!-- Signature -->

9. #9 SeansVette, Aug 9, 2002
    Attention Japanese car "tuners"

This is for all the Honda boys who say, "My Honda has nawz and does 12s and will beat your Corvette" or "my friend has 500 horse power with turbo and nawz and can beat any American car" or "yeah your Camaro is faster but I can mod my Civic and beat your Camaro" (I say nawz intead of nitrous oxide because most sushi burners don't like to type nitrous oxide).

By your logic, the 1989 Dodge Caravan is a badass race car. I mean here's a guy who does 12s and even smokes a Camaro Z28!

CLICK HERE http://www.turbovan.net/

As you can see the 89 Caravan is a badass race car, so you should run out and sell your Honda and pick up one of these badass race cars!

Ah, but "wait" you say. "What if I also add 22 PSI of boost and run 110 Ocatane fuel? My Honda would still beat this thing!"

Are you getting the idea yet?
    <!-- Signature -->

10. Yes, you have a very good point. Why buy shit, and spend money to make it "Fast" shit. Its still shit. So buy a fast car, and make it Faster. Don't put stickers on Civics.<!-- Signature -->

11. what the hell are you talking about?<!-- Signature -->

12. hondas suck<!-- Signature -->

13. LOL bomex...<!-- Signature -->

14. well its funny the way all the arguments always go against honda.....hm but its really funny when ya think about it...all of you with your vettes, skylines, vipers, supras, and camaros all need to refocus....you always slam honda and make jokes of there inability to do what your cars do. now lets take a look at all of your companies that make the cars you have:

GM: also makers of the awesome saturn, cavalier, and sunfire....now theres an awesome treo....oh but dont mention them cause they somehow dont apply

Nissan: oh yea that sentras looking really nice to, yup FF and slower than a civic, but again doesnt apply cause we have a SKYLINE....at least we say we do

DODGE: for you out there with a viper, yup the little neons out there that can't get out of first gear, use the covering of "son of Viper" that makes it better.....

Toyota: well supras, you guys have a nice family. the nicest addition the "matrix" that somehow made it to production.

yes honda is not the best... never said it was...
    niether is any of your cars cause theres always gonna be something bigger

and honda is not all crap at least they managed to get there NSX-S zero to out-run a ferrari f355 in the 1/4 so honda doesnt have all econbox material.

im all out of time so im done

<!-- Signature -->

15. Civicspeed22 i love your sig... LOL<!-- Signature -->