Re: aww an inline 4?

Discussion in '1994 NISMO 270R' started by icedupracing, Aug 10, 2002.

1. hey lets see you get an inline for up to 270hp, most v6 engines dont even go that high and even some v8s<!-- Signature -->

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Demon666</i>
    <b>that sucks but this car is sooo nice i love the 270r but the inline 4 does no justice! i think that this car needs an engine overhaul and a new airdam/grill. well this car was pretty cool but agin engine needs work.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It's called the SR20DET, the greatest japanese engine EVER!<!-- Signature -->

3. yea the SR20det is one of the greatest japanese four bangers...dont forget the 3S-GTE, that engine was in the rod millen pikes peak car, it had 1000hp and was running at 50psi(about 500hp per liter)...now thats a four banger<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Grizz2K4</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Demon666</i>
    <b>that sucks but this car is sooo nice i love the 270r but the inline 4 does no justice! i think that this car needs an engine overhaul and a new airdam/grill. well this car was pretty cool but agin engine needs work.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It's called the SR20DET, the greatest japanese engine EVER!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> cant believe you man, didnt even meantion the B16, B18, or that H22 get that damn type R logo off ur name

5. best engine ever....well read my name. but best N/A i4 has to be honda f20c....125bhp/L? i think so....<!-- Signature -->

6. Dudes, I was Joking!

Japan Makes some Sweet Cars/Engines!

H22A, B18C5, B16A/B16B, SR20DET, RB26DETT, the List goes on!

I would list some other Engines, but I know most about the Honda and Nissan...

And, are You gonna try and tell me the B or H Series Honda engine is better than an SR20DET or RB26DETT? PLEASE!!! Haha, what a Joke!<!-- Signature -->

7. hey now, i'm gonna have to disagree with you on the best 4 cylinder engine. I think the 4g63 is probably better. Nevermind the eclipse turbo version, i'm talking about the evo series. it makes 276hp in the evo7. Plus, it's like 20 years old, so there's got to be something good about it. But probably the absolute best 4 cyinder in the world(i think) is the 4age. If any of you have ever worked on that engine, it's is like the most tuner-friendly engine from japan. It's so versatile that it came supercharged, turbocharged, and naturally aspirated; and powered everything from the levin corolla to the mr2's to the celica's. Besides the rotaries, this is one of the most used engines for the old school guys. Oh, and now it currently resides in toyota's CART racing series cars. This is definitely the best 4 cylinder engine(i think) in the world.

8. those 4age's are tyte, HKS twin charged that engine(supercharged and turbocharge)its a pretty crazy little 1.6lt engine<!-- Signature -->

9. Actually, let me Re-phrase. The B16A sucks Balls. It makes 160 HP and ONLY 111 Lbs./Ft. of Torque from a DOHC VTEC Engine - What a JOKE!<!-- Signature -->

10. 270hp thats it? The sr20det has incretible tunning potenical I am surprised that nismo descided to keep the 270r relativley tame. The sr20 is by far one of the best inline fours. Anyone who knows anything about this engine will agree with me. This engine comes in FR,FF, and awd, this and the huge tunning potencial make this a must when moding your 240,sentra,puslar etc.

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Grizz2K4</i>
    <b>Actually, let me Re-phrase. The B16A sucks Balls. It makes 160 HP and ONLY 111 Lbs./Ft. of Torque from a DOHC VTEC Engine - What a JOKE!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

that's why you get an h22a engine. 190 hp in a i-4, n/a, and stock engine.

12. I totally agree with dimsum...
    the nissan sr20 has a shit load of potential..being naturally aspirated or turbocharged, ff,fr or awd it is easy one of the most versatile and great inline 4 motors. The 4G63 is damn good but, from what i've seen that vs a sr20, it's easy to be persuaded by the sr2o and the sr20 running stock internals turbo...

13. Hey I don't know too much abuot Engine's in japanese cars. or man yen gines at all, but the bes tinline 4 i have ever seen is in the caroline leblanc. Check it out, that car is pure intelligence.

14. At least the B series and H seris are nicer to the environment!

15. ill have you know that the SR20 is one of the best four in lines on gods planet, and you would respect it if you saw what that little 2 litre is capable of producing, dont be so quick to put down the 4 bangers, cause you got the one form the s2000, the 4g63 from the Evo series, the good ole SR20DET, from nissan, and the 4AG from the corolla, and these are engines, that can wupp a lot of straigh 6 v6 and some v8 ass, so dont go there. my person favorites are straight sixes but i give props to these little guts too especially the SR20DET and the 4G63

16. guys

the best performance engine to come out of japan has to be the 2JZGTE...

no question!

17. not just an inline 4 but an SR20DET
    this engine has insane tuning potential
    im fed up with people criticising 4 cylinders. japan has some awesome 4 cylinders that have more potential than many V8's
    I'll list a few:
    Toyota's 3S-GTE
    Nissan's SR20DET
    Mitsubishi's 4G63 (capable of 850+ hp)
    Subaru's EJ20
    my only complaint with 4 cylinder sports cars is that a "four banger" doesnt have the sounds of an engine with 5+ cylinders

18. Actually the RB26DETT can hold it's ground when compared to the 2JZ-GTE. Allthough those engines are inline 6:s. The SR20DET is one of the best 4 cyl engines ever.

19. why must we argue oevr v6s and i4s? its the same as a japanese v6 humiliating an american v8. i have a 85 olsmobile with a big ass v8 in it that only puts out 140 hp. id rather have the 4banger. the v8 gets 12 miles a gallon while the i4s get twice that. any v6 could beat my v8 and a bunch of i4s could too so its pretty irrelevant.

ps i know my v8 isnt supposed to be made for speed, but then why the hell do they put a v8 in it?

20. The RB and The 2JZ just develop their power differently. You can rev the balls off the RB26, while the 2jz generally has better low down torque.

21. many have put nearly 400hp into the USDM SR20 and JDM SR20DET. they have huge potential and dont need internal upgrades until upwards of 400hp. anything beyond that is risking it. the Pulsar GTi-R comes with the SR20DET setup with quad throttle bodies making 227hp stock and can be tuned to around 270hp if i recall without upgrading the fuel system. the only thing one might want to do is add a set of rocker arm stoppers because the DET is notorious for rockers flying off under high revs. other than that the SR20DE and DET are nearly "bulletproof", reasonably speaking.

Honda B series motors can only take something like 330hp if i remember correctly. is this right?

22. How does a rocker fly off when the cam sits atop them? Have you seen the head on an SR? And no you guys have it all wrong, The best 4banger ever built was by Nissan, its the little forgotten CA18DET, with a valve train from a formula one race car, it can rev like nothing else. It is famed to be the best 4 banger ever built, it was replaced by the SR20DET in 1990 because of cost. And to the RB and supra motor, Supra guys put RB26's in thier supras, why? Because they rock. And the SR20 has been pushed to 500 rwhp on a stock bottom end, and still running 9's. THe HKS 18osx over inJapan had 1200 hp out of the little SR, you guys are right, this motor does rock.

Give em props.

23. but with 270bhp, think about that

24. all you guys are stupid...200hp+ is new in the japanese car world huh???its some old news compared to the american car world...theres T-buckets from the 1940's and german stream line audis that have more power then this car...this nismo 270R has no balls what so ever... if it had 300fp of tourqe then you'd be talkin....you take off quick and thats pretty much it..after 140kph thats about 80mhp thats all folks...dont get me wrong it would be fast if you compared it to other japanse cars..you could smoke a V6 cammaro or 4.6 mustang but thats nothin to brag about...ive seen more of these Nismo 270Rs go to the junkyard then anything else truthfuly this isnt a note worthy car its just a tuners coversation pice so dream on and i bet then only one here who has actully driven this car is me....Honto ni..