Re: B. Engineering or Koenigsegg?

Discussion in '2001 B.Engineering Edonis' started by paganirules, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Actually, The Corvette's LS1/LS6 engine can easily go up to 750hp.
    A 1300hp LS6 will be powering an Ultima GTR in the Silver state Classic.

2. The Koenigsegg is so much better looking, I really can't ever see myself driving thids Edonis... Ah well, Since I know what the Koenigsegg feels like I really can't pick anything else...
    And BTW If I recall correctly Koenigsegg has sold 6-8 cars already.

3. This would be a hard decission but I would have to go with Koeningsegg CC.

Just an answer to the question.<!-- Signature -->

4. koenigsegg<!-- Signature -->

5. As much as I love Swedish engineering, I'd have to say this.
    As for the 800TT, J. P. Hennessey is all about making money; he would probably let you buy the 800TT kit without a brake upgrade, as long as he made some money. B. Engineering is building this car to showcase their knowledge.<!-- Signature -->

6. Check out the Tigershark corvette, it has 750BHP, and looks nice<!-- Signature -->

7. Hey people! I am new here but I have a good amount of automotive knowlege. The Viper and Vette can't match up to this car even if it was tuned. The stock viper doesn't have the best handeling charicteristics(exculding the GTS-R and GTS-R Concept car) but it is luxurious features are good for a weekend car. The Vett on the other hand has less power 95hp less to be exact. but has better handeling charicteristics. The Vette also has 50 some odd years of development behind it while the Viper has only 10 years behind it. While the Viper does strive in engine devlopment It had the help of Lamborghini SpA at the time (Crysler owned) and it helped make a larger amount of hp. The price reflect performence and hp mostly. Considering the Viper uses a 500hp V-10 and some more complex parts then the Corvette IMO I can see why the Viper cost 80,000 USD and the Corvette cost 50,000 (Z06 model) the C5 can cost anywhere from 35-50 thousand depending on your options. Your prob saying Why can't the engineres at Chevy get 95 more hp? And I have a simple anser to that simple question. They want to keep the Corvette affordable to the majority of the people. Not everyone can get a 80,000 car or some may not feel comfortable with that big of an investment. While the vette on the other hand is a less of a financial venture. The Corvette and viper can not really be compared. Yes they are in the 50,000-100,000 price range but they are aimed at two diffrent groups. There are tuners out there also that can pump Vettes engines to 520 hp and Viper tuners who can tune them up to 800 (Hessney) But they cost another another 30-40 thousand more and the Vette upgrade will bring you into the stock viper territory. Two diffrent cars for two diffrent types of buyers. The Konenigsegg on the other hand is a car that can be compared with the Ednos. It has similar chassie construction and design and the weights are close to each other. Both cars are mid-engined and also obtaine a high level of hp. The winner I can not say because I am just learning abought these two cars. The Edno's styling is a unique combination of style and function. While I would not design the extirior qute like they did i see there perpous for the vents ect... IMP the body looks to busy from the back, The front though has a very good Cd. and a very small frontal area. The sides extract heat well by my view. I have designed three cars for fun once. and I have learned alto from this car. The Konenigsegg on the other hand has a very low slung purposful look with not all of the busy vents. It has the number of vents needed to extract heat and that is it. Also it doesn't have any large spoilers wich will not allow it to be "dated" as easily. In conclusion both cars give good performance for there money and I would be happy to have either one in my garage (unfourtunatly my spendings consist of 2 dollars lol) Well I am outta hear cya dudes.

"Speed doesn't kill its the sudden impact"

8. Koenigsegg are the better contenders
    and i would agree with them
    this looks a little like a McLaren
    as for the viper, there are allot of cars out there that
    can beat a viper in a straight away
    and as for the steering handleing id rather buy a Vette then a Viper
    <!-- Signature -->

9. I think that the Koenigsegg is a faster car and it looks a little
    better

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from crazyjay</i>
    <b>I think that the Koenigsegg is a faster car and it looks a little
    better</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What are you smoking? You are wrong. Dead Wrong<!-- Signature -->

11. 1.04 G's in Lateral Acceleration, hell the stock Z06 hold arround there, why would you waist your money, The only thing the 800TT has is acceleration, I be it that it actually doesn't preform like a slug in the corners but it doesn't really compair to B. Engineering or Koenigsegg, because those are cars that are made from quality parts, not something from a local auto wreakers in some hill billy town, I may be speeking a little bit harsh but seriously, I have this feeling that the 800TT would fall apart right after the warrenty expires<!-- Signature -->

12. ok wait a minute....has anybody even bothered to look at the specs on the hennessey 800TT, because the last time i checked it seemed to be able to handle the twisties pretty well. It's lateral acceleration is well over 1.0 g and it's speed through the slalom is probably around 75 mph.....that sounds like some pretty good handling, but you guys would know that if you even bothered to look it up. And to top all of that off, it can go 0-60 in 2.9 sec w/ some Mickey Thompson racing slicks on.

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ugb5534</i>
    <b>ok wait a minute....has anybody even bothered to look at the specs on the hennessey 800TT, because the last time i checked it seemed to be able to handle the twisties pretty well. It's lateral acceleration is well over 1.0 g and it's speed through the slalom is probably around 75 mph.....that sounds like some pretty good handling, but you guys would know that if you even bothered to look it up. And to top all of that off, it can go 0-60 in 2.9 sec w/ some Mickey Thompson racing slicks on. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

OOOOHH YEAAAH!!!<!-- Signature -->

14. ""Yeah but the Venom 800 would blow away the other cars on the straight
    away. So although the other cars might handle better the Viper would still be able to win a race""

Who wants to go fast in a straight line. Throw some curves in front of that viper and it would be screwed unlike the Edonis.

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DUFFMAN</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Vetteboy1997</i>
    <b>He left it out because unlike the Viper these other cars not only can haul a$$ but also are capable of running circles around the viper on probably just about any road coarse.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah but the Venom 800 would blow away the other cars on the straight
    away. So although the other cars might handle better the Viper would still be able to win a race.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

ppl don;t buy euro supercars because they want a straight away performer!
    they buy them for status/pleasure/refinement/power/and over all aperance
    besides these cars are so dif it doesn't matter a 800tt guy won't buy an edonis and vice versa

but the edonis is one of my fav cars and i love it<!-- Signature -->

16. Whats your point Impreza Guy.<!-- Signature -->

17. A viper is fine and dandy but seriously a true race car should be able to handle the turns and this bad boy looks to be able to do a better job than a viper, but i still love vipers

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SpdRacerSLR</i>
    <b>A viper is fine and dandy but seriously a true race car should be able to handle the turns and this bad boy looks to be able to do a better job than a viper, but i still love vipers</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah thats great but the Viper and the Edonis are not race cars.
    They are super cars.<!-- Signature -->

19. a supercar is supposed to handle as well as in its straight line speed, that is what makes it super. i am not saying that the viper is bad i am just saying that they could have spent a little more time on improving its handling in the twisties. i am sure that the edonis would have a superior advantage on the track over the viper, still i would never say no to a viper, any one, basic or tuned!!!

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from snyper</i>
    <b>a supercar is supposed to handle as well as in its straight line speed, that is what makes it super. i am not saying that the viper is bad i am just saying that they could have spent a little more time on improving its handling in the twisties. i am sure that the edonis would have a superior advantage on the track over the viper, still i would never say no to a viper, any one, basic or tuned!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Highly Recommended! A so-called supercar which can go over 275mph ONLY on a straight line does mean nothing, handling is critical, it may cost your life!

21. The Hennessey Venom 800 TT Viper can take on any of those cars.
    Why did you leave it out?<!-- Signature -->

22. He left it out because unlike the Viper these other cars not only can haul a$$ but also are capable of running circles around the viper on probably just about any road coarse.

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Vetteboy1997</i>
    <b>He left it out because unlike the Viper these other cars not only can haul a$$ but also are capable of running circles around the viper on probably just about any road coarse.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

good call<!-- Signature -->

24. The only thing America seems to have made is the Viper and some of these European cars are just hundreds of times better!

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Vetteboy1997</i>

Yeah but the Venom 800 would blow away the other cars on the straight
    away. So although the other cars might handle better the Viper would still be able to win a race.<!-- Signature -->