Re: Best American sports car ever!!!

Discussion in '2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06' started by grimlock77, Aug 9, 2002.

1. o come on man vipers rock and are way better than any corvette so shut up and take your crapyy jack car with ya

2. I have a question. How can this car or any car handle more than 1 lateral g? I just don't understand.

3. Pure American Muscle!

4. "o come on man vipers rock and are way better than any corvette so shut up and take your crapyy jack car with ya"

Give some reasoning behind your oh so passionate thought. Throw a slight morning dew on the road and your Viper might as well not have breaks. Or a sharp turn. Unless your experienced enough a driver to corner slide it beautifully your Viper would end up fishtailing all over the place in comparison to the X06.

5. ....and thats only a Z06, you said "any Vette." Well, your forcing me to prove you wrong there. Ever here of Lingenfelter? Look into it.

6. TNT-King-Snake-Viper is right. The Vette can not compete with the Viper. The Viper is the best sports car and could kill any Vette using only 3 tires.

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BYBYCOPS</i>
    <b>The Corvette has got to the best Amercian sports car ever, every year it just gets better and better.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It is the best american (street legal) sportscar ever, but as it is an ugly and certainly not very agile little bulk of car-builderŽs shit, it just proves that americans canŽt build cars. only advantage of this ugly thing is the price. Sorry fellahs...

8. Best American sports car ever!!!

The Corvette has got to the best Amercian sports car ever, every year it just gets better and better.<!-- Signature -->

9. I agree, it's been one of my favs since I was little

10. hell yeah..same here fellas<!-- Signature -->

11. One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen...

keep the faith

12. cannot be driven in the winter

13. I understand that next year it is supposed to have 405 bhp. My 84" is great as it is, I cannot wait till 04" when I can get myself a ZO6. <!-- Signature -->

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MightyMcLaren</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BYBYCOPS</i>
    <b>The Corvette has got to the best Amercian sports car ever, every year it just gets better and better.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It is the best american (street legal) sportscar ever, but as it is an ugly and certainly not very agile little bulk of car-builderŽs shit, it just proves that americans canŽt build cars. only advantage of this ugly thing is the price. Sorry fellahs...
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

So being faster around a track than a $90,000 NSX, $150,000 360 Modena and as fast around a track as a GT3 means it is bad handling... hehe you need to pull your head out, noone that has ever reviewed this car has ever said that it is not agile, i suppose that means that the 360 Modena and the Porsche GT3 are slugs too... haha pull your head out of that game and get into real life, that game Gran Tourismo is just that a game.<!-- Signature -->

15. a GT3 WOULD kill this car around any track, and as for a bang-for-your-buck, they have a WRX for $30,000 that has almost the same numbers as this Vette, ford/chevy/dodge just can't come up with any thing that will beat a import for $ or speed....

<!-- Signature -->

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rthompson</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MightyMcLaren</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BYBYCOPS</i>

So being faster around a track than a $90,000 NSX, $150,000 360 Modena and as fast around a track as a GT3 means it is bad handling... hehe you need to pull your head out, noone that has ever reviewed this car has ever said that it is not agile, i suppose that means that the 360 Modena and the Porsche GT3 are slugs too... haha pull your head out of that game and get into real life, that game Gran Tourismo is just that a game.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I donŽt have my head in fkn gt3, i just stated my little opinion. i actually donŽt like gt3 very much thank you. sorry but where is the information concerning the race track times comin from?

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TurboPorsche</i>
    <b>a GT3 WOULD kill this car around any track, and as for a bang-for-your-buck, they have a WRX for $30,000 that has almost the same numbers as this Vette, ford/chevy/dodge just can't come up with any thing that will beat a import for $ or speed....

Read the times in my signature, any track indeed. I believe that is a track that most people like to compare times on.

I suppose that means that the WRX is putting up the same times as the GT3 too, might i add for a whole lot less... It seems like Europe is the one that can't put up numbers like the American and Japanese cars (if you weren't exaggerating about the WRX in your post... which you were) for the money.<!-- Signature -->

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GGG</i>
    <b>TNT-King-Snake-Viper is right. The Vette can not compete with the Viper. The Viper is the best sports car and could kill any Vette using only 3 tires.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    The Viper doesn't need 3 tires to beat the mess out of anything a corvette has to offer. Take any Corvette, and A 1998 Viper GTS-R and the Viper will beat the mess out of it. Speedvision(now the Speed channel) Compared the Z06, a BMW M5, and a Viper GTS. The Viper out performed the other two cars in every single test. EVERY TEST!!!! When has a Corvette done that good? Let me know if it ever happens.

19. Ya know... you guys are right. But there is one problem. This could be the best American Sports car ever. It is extremely fast, very reliable, but it is just ugly as poo. There, i said it. Id take one, but not over a mustang or camaro.

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DaveWood4</i>
    <b>Ya know... you guys are right. But there is one problem. This could be the best American Sports car ever. It is extremely fast, very reliable, but it is just ugly as poo. There, i said it. Id take one, but not over a mustang or camaro.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Amazing car yes, but best American car????

Have you guys forgotten about great American extoics such as the Saleen S7, the Callaway C12, the new Ford GT40, or Mosler 900TT (running on a LS1 corvette engine).

21. “Best American sports car ever”
    That’s not saying much. What are you comparing it to? Firebirds and Camaros…big deal.

22. IT'S NOT FASTER THAN A MODENA!!!!!!!!
    WANT ME TO POST TEST RESULTS?
    The Modena comes out on top in 0-60, 60-0, 0-100, slaloms etc.

23. what the hell is with your european stuck up atitude just because people are american u automaticly think your better. what the hell is your problem

24. No I think our cars are better. There's nothing wrong with that.<!-- Signature -->

25. This is the only American sports car I like, since it doesn't use a gigantic 8.0 liter V10. It has looks, and the performance to back it up. The LS6 is such a nice engine too. A 2002 Z06 would be especially satisfying.<!-- Signature -->