Re: Best American sports car ever!!!

Discussion in '2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06' started by grimlock77, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I hate to burst your bubble, but you people for get about shelby. All of the cars shelby, saleen, roush, and SVT make in the vettes class could kick this things ass. And, yea, guess what, they use FORD engines. Most of them are the same price or cheaper, with better performance.

2. no the only thing to know is that THE Greatest American car ever was the Ford GT40 MK1 through MKIV. Only that owned le mans for so long, only that was owned as a street car and can actually still out run this car. Yes, that is the Greatest American Sports Car ever.

3. Yes, Shelby. The only current cars he makes are the series 1, which is powered by an Aurora V8, and his replica cobras which, even then, are not powered by your oh-so-precious high tech DOHC ford engines.

4. actually shelby designed the viper and the modern suspension and brakes of the ferrari and porsche. he financed jack roush on his opening project car and the series one is still american. thank you and good day.

5. I have to say that I agree with this for the most part, although I believe there are better cars than the viper, and the viper would surely lose against a vette if it was running on only three tires. With 4 it would win, but only 3...
    My nod goes to the viper, after the Saleen S7, of course.

6. Yup Id have to agree.

7. LOL HAHAHA!! Are you serious?!?!

8. AHAHAHAHA!!! Ignorant little kids like you just crack me up!! I mean are you serious?!?!?!?! I posted a topic that gave proof that the corvette is faster than the viper!!!!!!! I mean what will it take for you to comprehend this?? I just dont understand people like you.

9. LOL you just make me laugh

10. that avatar is the only reason you havent been banned.