Re: Blitz GT-R vs. Viper 800tt

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by sparetire, Aug 10, 2002.

1. actually the performance thats on the car u can buy from blitz

2. Blitz , no doubt at all.

3. Well the 800TT is what, 160K. Now i know that in Japan you can get a skyline for 35-40K. Also, i know one of the most impressive things about most Japanese cars, they are fairly cheap to modify, so yes, this could very well be cheaper than the Viper.

4. well personally being a skyline owner i think the skyline would be quite expensive to buy r34's go for around 84k for a gts-t a gtr are about 140k. Then on top of that it has been worked by blitz as we all know blitz parts are very expensive so i think the skyline would be more expensive to buy but i think you would save in the long run vipers run though brakes tyres and petrol very fast. But if you lived in japen for a year or so you could get this car much much cheaper

5. Actually the Viper costs somewhere around 120k I think..AND the Viper pulled something like 1.02 or higher on the skidpad, so you know it handles.. But the Viper did achieve that 2.4 0-60 on CHEATER slicks ( which are 100% street legal ) and it was in the rain..So the Viper would win in a drag and top speed.. around a track,, I would have to see it myself...<!-- Signature -->

6. #31 deuginthesky, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Blitz is in the UK...

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/gtr.htm

Cost of a R34 V-Spec ? £45K , which are less than $70K in the UK.
    http://www.gtr.co.uk/R34.html

Cost of the parts ?

Professional K27 KKK single turbo upgrade kit R33 £4,830
    Front mounted intercooler £959
    SUS Power Twin Cone induction kit R32/R33/R34 £278
    Nur Spec R cat back exhaust system R33 £546
    Dual Solenoid Boost control £375
    and so on...

final cost for the upgrade ?

Something like $40K (with taxes)

Total cost ?

$110K.

7. That's very right , but the Hennessey would also cost much more than the $160K in the EU.

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from davidgil</i>
    <b>Well the 800TT is what, 160K. Now i know that in Japan you can get a skyline for 35-40K. Also, i know one of the most impressive things about most Japanese cars, they are fairly cheap to modify, so yes, this could very well be cheaper than the Viper.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The engine conversion for the 800TT is 55K according to this site. The Viper is 70K, so about 125K for this. <!-- Signature -->

9. #34 sparetire, Aug 10, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>Blitz is in the UK...

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/gtr.htm

Cost of a R34 V-Spec ? £45K , which are less than $70K in the UK.
    http://www.gtr.co.uk/R34.html

Cost of the parts ?

Professional K27 KKK single turbo upgrade kit R33 £4,830
    Front mounted intercooler £959
    SUS Power Twin Cone induction kit R32/R33/R34 £278
    Nur Spec R cat back exhaust system R33 £546
    Dual Solenoid Boost control £375
    and so on...

final cost for the upgrade ?

Something like $40K (with taxes)

Total cost ?

$110K.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

And how much for labor?<!-- Signature -->

10. I have to say this to corvettez06badass, or someting like that, its an old post on this topic, but i would like to make a point. Who cares if a car can take over a G on the skid pad. That does not mean the car can handle. Alot of americans seem to think that road holding is the same as handling. It is not. Road holding just means nothing but understeer, which isnt fun at all. The problem with vipers (ive driven my friends) is that they understeer really badly untill you break traction. Now, with a good handling car, you can do what ever you like when the tail is out. ie bring the tail back in, fling it out further for a closing apex turn, or just go all the way for a spin out if you like. Not with the viper. When you break traction in the viper, it was near impossible to put the tail anywhere i wanted. even after breaking and letting off the gas, the viper only barely contained itself. thats not handling, thats just road holding until it breaks traction. NOT HANDLING. Slalom ang skid pad tests dont amount to much. It just shows road holding. The glorious thing about the skyling is that it has 4 wheel steering, so when the car goes into over steer, the back wheels will turn the opposite way of the front wheels, this in turn causes car to go into a controlled drift, after the countersteering has been applied, the back wheels turn parallel with the front, so you can accelerate out of a corner with the fron wheels pulling it out (allwheel drive :). The briliant thing is that powersliding through corners is no longer a fun waste of speed, but actually the faster way to accelerate out of the corner. So handling, yes the skyline wins.

11. I love this car what can i say, it will take off too quick, and beat the viper on the track, pick a different car to compare it to, if you can find one

12. Having a much smaller turbo motor than the whopping great V10, the 800tt isn't even going to come close to the kind of acceleration and pick up this car could produce. Ride in a modified skyline you'll often not be able to hold your head forward against acceleration forces.
    When you add X torque increase to a turbo motor you get X acceleration increase, because the engine isn't any larger = no increased inertia or friction. A 850hp V10 would really only make about 750hp if you measured relative to a 850hp 2.6 turbo.

I think this 3.0 0-60 is very conservative and sounds like a estimated number. I've driven a 700hp R33 skyline, stock street rubber, was repeatably popping 3.1-3.2 everytime i tried.
    Both 800tt and R348 cars have the same power to weight, but of course the skyline has a small turbo motor and the viper a whopping great V10, so the skyline is going to win with mid range acceleration. But its a 3-box sedan shape with plenty of downforce too, so the 800tt would have a higher top speed!

I now have a 600hp+ R33 myself, sub 4 second is possible with only dialing up about 4000rpm before dumping the clutch.

Which one would be easier to launch/keep under control at all? But it comes down to value for money, skylines are way cheaper to modify. You could buy a whole new skyline for the price of the 800tt modification!!

13. pfft hate this "american cars are cheaper better etc" arguement because it is so xenophobic

a viper costs 60k in its HOME country (USA)
    a skyline costs 45-50k in its HOME country (JAPAN)

do you realise how much a viper would cost in Japan, as much or probably MORE than a skyline increases in price to bring into the US, perhaps $100-130k+ USD to own a viper in japan.

so by the typical domestics vs imports arguement then i could argue that all american cars are crap and slow and expensive because a viper in fact costs twice as much as a GT-R.

14. hmm yeah, the blitz would eat this car... vipers are to fat and heavy

15. #40 hckypimp38, Aug 10, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ImportCar2NR</i>
    <b>how many people in the states have R34s? let alone an R34 GTR, or higher model... the R34 alone is illegal in the US, only R32s and R33s for us </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

www.motorex.net

you want a legal 700hp R34 GT-R VSpec II
    they have them<!-- Signature -->

16. Re:

THE VIPER WOULD WIN IN A DRAG

17. The Blitz would win on a race course easily, and the viper would win in a drag race slightly. That was what both cars were individually built for so they perform best in those areas. Someone said that a Skyline in Japan cost $45k-50k and a Viper cost $60k. In actuality yo can get nice Skylines in Japn for $35k-40k and have them imported to the us for around $80k 80% of the Skylines sold in the U.S. are not even imported stock. They usually have an exhaust, ecu, and intake modification done to them. So Skylines aren't super-expensive to import if you really want one and if you do have the money you could get one like this for probably around $125k. It shouldn't be all that expensive being that you can get all the mod parts from Blitz anyway, and if you know engines well enough you could put the mods on yourself with no cost. I will have to go with this car, but I belive that if the person who started this topic would go to the Viper forum and ask the same question he would get an exact opposite net opinion than in this forum just because of the bias. I am biased to let you know and most people are toward theri favorite car.

18. #43 SupraTT, May 3, 2003
    Anyone wanna buy a R34 GT-R Vspec for 95.500 USD? Only driven 120 miles(yes 120 not 120k). It's imported and registered to the US. Go to www.motorex.net

19. Ok I'll take back my statement to get rid of the controversy that my comment may cause. I meant that from what I've read the Skyline can outhandle the Viper, and that Vipers are more like an American drag car rather than a Nurenburgering car. I see now that the Viper could hold it's on on a track, but I believe that it couldn't beat this Blitz Skyline.

20. Much as i like Skylines, i have 2 admit that the Blitz would struggle
    . This car was set up 2 break the public road speed record, not crazy top speeds. With the current setup it would struggle to get much above 220

21. I agree it would lose in top speed.

22. I agree it would lose in top speed.

23. just to broaden this discussion, i live in england and ive never seen a viper. ive seen plenty of skylines, and theyre a hell of a lot cheaper here as well- if you import you can get one for 30 grand.

24. well im sure most people like me think that a viper can't turn becoz it gets shitty press in england. they say it handles cack and has too much oversteer, so you can hardly blame people when thats all they haver to read. press is biased everywhere anyway.

25. Dynoed at 817 hp? well thats about 613kw at the wheels. If you take into account power loss tahts gotta be atleast 750kw or about 1000hp for u guys.