Re: BMW puh!

Discussion in '2001 BMW M5' started by benzv8, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Z06 power</i>
    <b>first of all, my facts are straight. when it comes to corvettes i know what the hell im talking about, a Z06 IS ONE of the worlds most advanced cars, you should look at the engineering of it, and also i read up on it. second, if the M3 is such an amazing car that has luxury, power and "style"(thats basically the same on all beemers)why dont the many people that buy a regular vette or a Z06 spend the extra $3500 and buy an M3???third, if an S2000 beat the Z06 on the track(i don't believe it at all, until i see it)then the boxster S and the M3 must really be crap, because the Z06 beat them both on the circut track, drag strip, braking, accellerating, etc., etc., and i've seen it on speedvision and also in a magazine, the only thing that came close to the Z06 was when the M3 tied the Z06 on the slalom. fourth, all you guys say, is that the M3 is waaayy better than the Z06 without stating any facts. fifth, im getting sick of this shit, saying the same stuff over and over and over again, so this will probably be my last response. sixth, of course most of GMs cars are crap, but i know that the vette is not one of them, neither is the camaro or firebird. there stopping there production because a lot of people are buying trucks now, and who knows, they'll probably be back in a few years from now. seventh, a few tenths of a second, means quiet a few car lengths when your going at that speed. eight, this is for marine1, i should be shot, eh?, well, why don't you come to ontario canada, find me and come and even try to pull a gun on me and see how long your head will be attached to your shoulders, you punk ass mother#$%#er.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You are an absolute retard!
    $3500 more for a M3, why don't people pay it? Because they are patriotic and would rather see the money go into the American economy rather than the German economy that is why!
    Not many countries sell Chevys do they? I've seen a few cars powered by chevy's engines but no chev's.
    Germany and Japan don't sell many chevys and after America they are the largest economies in the world.
    I have never seen a ZO6 on a 400-meter strip against the BMW M3, but I have seen a car powered by the Chevy V8 come against the M3.
    It was about 2 months ago now, it was between the GTS-300 which weighs ~1700kg with a supercharged LS1 engine (300kw, 510nm) and the M3 which beet it by well over a car length.
    I can imagine the ZO6 being faster and more able than the GTS in strait line speed infact the ZO6 may even beet the M3; but by how much?
    If you want facts BMW's SMG II transmittion has higher levels of engineering than the ZO6 itself and the only time I have ever seen somebody coment on the superiority of the ZO6’s engineering was on the Chevrolet web-site where it had a quote from 1 American motoring magazine, and it said something along the lines of best engineered car of 1999 was the Corvette and the SL-500 Mercedes, of corse it was highly bias and very normative because a) it came from an American magazine and b) it was one authors point of view, no testing had been done.
    The ZO6 is faster 0-100 than the BMW, and it may even run the 1/4 mile faster.
    But does that make it a better car?
    BMW's handling, comfort, safety and style make it the better vehicle!
    After all the M3 is only a 3.3ltr N/A 6 and the ZO6 is a 5.7ltr N/A V8.
    For a car will 2 less cylinders and 2.4 litres less it keeps up with speed quite well and dominates in everything else.
    <!-- Signature -->

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Z06 power</i>
    <b>first of all, my facts are straight. when it comes to corvettes i know what the hell im talking about, a Z06 IS ONE of the worlds most advanced cars, you should look at the engineering of it, and also i read up on it. second, if the M3 is such an amazing car that has luxury, power and "style"(thats basically the same on all beemers)why dont the many people that buy a regular vette or a Z06 spend the extra $3500 and buy an M3???third, if an S2000 beat the Z06 on the track(i don't believe it at all, until i see it)then the boxster S and the M3 must really be crap, because the Z06 beat them both on the circut track, drag strip, braking, accellerating, etc., etc., and i've seen it on speedvision and also in a magazine, the only thing that came close to the Z06 was when the M3 tied the Z06 on the slalom. fourth, all you guys say, is that the M3 is waaayy better than the Z06 without stating any facts. fifth, im getting sick of this shit, saying the same stuff over and over and over again, so this will probably be my last response. sixth, of course most of GMs cars are crap, but i know that the vette is not one of them, neither is the camaro or firebird. there stopping there production because a lot of people are buying trucks now, and who knows, they'll probably be back in a few years from now. seventh, a few tenths of a second, means quiet a few car lengths when your going at that speed. eight, this is for marine1, i should be shot, eh?, well, why don't you come to ontario canada, find me and come and even try to pull a gun on me and see how long your head will be attached to your shoulders, you punk ass mother#$%#er.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Well. First thing. All of us Bimmerfans arn't saying that the Z06 is crap because its crap; its because you are a stupid arrogant B!tch thats still living in WW2 and you don't see what we are arguing about. this is about the final verdict that asseses every aspect a car has, including the things that me and you should know that is under par in the Vette(ergonomics, interior design and material use, not so practical...) The M3 or M5 surpasses the Vette in all those catergories and has 3 more seats plus 3 golfbags full of luggage space. I do hope that you can show some respect for us and keep all complaints to yourself.
    I like the Vette, its just that i don't see the point in this argument.<!-- Signature -->

3. BMW puh!

all you ppl freaking over this car, just makes me laugh... always comparing this(and the m3) to a vette or a viper or something else. bottom line is, is that you are compairing a sports car to a luxury car. these cars(the m3 anyways)has been tested against the vette Z06 and porsche boxter s, and you know what the Z06 came in first place, and also it was a 2001 model. if you put them next to a 2002 model, they wont even come close to the vette. im not saying bmw engineering is crap, cause it is pretty good. but if you want to compare, look at all that your getting in a $45,000 car and then a $70,000 car. why is that price so high???? cause it says BMW???????chevy has made lots of improvements on the vettes over the years, bmw improved too, BUT, why are they STILL using the same body style, and using the same style for all there cars???????what happened, did they run out of ideas 20 or 30 years ago??a vette out performs a bmw in just about any way, so STOP COMPARING BMW's TO VETTE's. And just a little addition: the vette has a bigger motor and more power but yet the vette has way better gas milage than a BMW, even the 6 cylender m3's.

so before i go, i have to say, that all you people that still compare a vette to a beemer can stick a straw up my @$$ and suck.

4. your a #$%#ing idiot. And corvette make such a wide range of cars don't they. Look at the range of BMW's to Corvettes. The vette might be faster, but in everyone else's mind except yours one is a corvette the other a BMW M.

the vettes also got a bigger displacement, which isn't a bad thing, but BMW gets the same power out of a 5.0ltr instead of a 5.7, and i really aren't a big fan of the LS1, I haven't seen an LS6 though so i can't comment on that.

5. you really dont know what ur talking about, do you? "corvette makes such a wide range of cars..."first of all chevrolet makes corvette, second, chevrolet is GM, as in one, if not, the biggest car company in the world. sure BMW makes a wide veriety of cars, but they're all basically the same car, just with different options. and the size of the engine is nothing, chevy produced over 700 HP out of a 4 cylender that was under 2.5 litres(i cant remember the exact displacment).

6. hey ZO6 r u a redneck that doesnt know anything about cars. the M5 is a sedan why are you talking so much shyt about the ZO6 thats a sports car this is a family sedan. plus the ZO6 is about 1000lbs lighter and it has a bigger displacement. These two cars are totally different from eachother. Yea the vette is sleek and its fast but just look at the M5 its mint..its pure class luxurious and its fast what more do you want Big deal the ZO6 has 11 more horse power what does that tell you, chevy tried to pass this car as a sports car?????? then why does it have 11 more hp then a family sedan. That just goes to show if BMW made a sedan with that much power just imagine if they tried to create a real supercar (not the M3) it will eat the ZO6 for breakfast. But i gotta give props to chevy for that ZL1 Camaro a V8 with 770hp normally aspirated that thing runs a 9.4 144mph see i give credit where credit is due and u gotta do the same with the M5 cuz i think that u guys r just Jealous

7. If you are going to compare an M5 to a Vette, then you might as well compare a F-350 with a VW Beetle.<!-- Signature -->

8. bmw pushed out over 1000 hp in formula 1 using a 1.4 liter engine with a turbo...so z06 man go suck it..the z06 is an amazing car..i luv the sound of the v8 but i would rather get class, luxury and performance and stick with an m3 with smg tranny..Laterz

9. yeah stop comparing bimmers to vettes, oh fo sho, we all know the vettes cant compare all they got is brute force, like my grandma says too much of one thing is good for nothing so the vettes i guess are good for nothing, dont even mention no damn viper either, ill be laughing to death.
    sdo yeah guys ignore them clowns, when they start crying no fair the bimmer is in a different class it cant compare.
    hey dawgs, listen to the lady in rocky... YOU CANT WIN

10. And of course, Another thing is that it just seems interesting to compare something with similar HP but in a different catagory. The Vette will always be a better sports car than the M5 because its designed to be a sports car. The M5 is just your ordinary luxury sedan that just happens to have great handling and some people needed the extra performance while not sacrificing comfort, space, Practicality and refinement. We compare the M5 as to how well this car can do this while its designed for another.<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Z06 power</i>
    <b>all you ppl freaking over this car, just makes me laugh... always comparing this(and the m3) to a vette or a viper or something else. bottom line is, is that you are compairing a sports car to a luxury car. these cars(the m3 anyways)has been tested against the vette Z06 and porsche boxter s, and you know what the Z06 came in first place, and also it was a 2001 model. if you put them next to a 2002 model, they wont even come close to the vette. im not saying bmw engineering is crap, cause it is pretty good. but if you want to compare, look at all that your getting in a $45,000 car and then a $70,000 car. why is that price so high???? cause it says BMW???????chevy has made lots of improvements on the vettes over the years, bmw improved too, BUT, why are they STILL using the same body style, and using the same style for all there cars???????what happened, did they run out of ideas 20 or 30 years ago??a vette out performs a bmw in just about any way, so STOP COMPARING BMW's TO VETTE's. And just a little addition: the vette has a bigger motor and more power but yet the vette has way better gas milage than a BMW, even the 6 cylender m3's.

so before i go, i have to say, that all you people that still compare a vette to a beemer can stick a straw up my @$$ and suck. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Another misguided loser walks into the forum with class and competence!!! First of all don't compare the M5 with the Z06, compare the M3 since they are both in the same price range. Second of all if your going to compare prices and "what's offered" lets compare the Z06 to the M3:

M3- Luxurious interior, reliablity (rated good by the Yearly Consumer's Automotive Report Magazine), amazing braking (60-0 in 2.6 seconds or 112 ft.), superb comfort, 4 proper seats, "best handler in North America" (Motor Trend a couple years back for the E36 M3), quality parts, "best overall handler in all weather conditions"(R and T), Sport/City mode, DSC, ride quality, ALL SEASON RIDE, 33 MPG HWY

Z06- acceleration advantage over M3 and that's pretty much it. No luxury, 2 seater, handles well in dry weather condtitions (not wet), rated as "very poor" for reliability by Yearly Consumer's Automotive Report Magazine, torque is "too responsive" which prevents good all around handling, good braking with a 60-0 stop of 123 ft. it but doesn't match the M3's 112 ft. stop, cheap parts and materials used for interior/exterior(look for yourself or ask any Corvette owner), noisy ride, a "summer car", 28 MPG HWY

You decide: Do you want the complete luxury/supercar package (the M3) or the Z06 that's just a "summer" ride with relatively inferior quality. And about style, I must say that you are quite the blind man. The E30, E36, and E46 M3 all look very different with their headlights, interior, and exterior shapes while the Corvettes look has pretty much stayed neutral spanning from the C4 to the current C5 generation (a span of almost 20 years).

And you can go suck your momma's shit by sticking a 10 inch wide pipe up her ass, since she's really been around the block and a straw won't do the job properly.<!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from cars r my life</i>
    <b>bmw pushed out over 1000 hp in formula 1 using a 1.4 liter engine with a turbo...so z06 man go suck it..the z06 is an amazing car..i luv the sound of the v8 but i would rather get class, luxury and performance and stick with an m3 with smg tranny..Laterz</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

note the statement, "with a turbo." The GM engine I know of that produced 700+hp out of a 2.2 (I think) 4cyl. was naturally aspirated and designed for a street car, not formula 1. If GM put a turbo, I'm sure the could easily get 1000hp out of it. "so" bmw "man go suck it"

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMW M</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Z06 power</i>
    <b>all you ppl freaking over this car, just makes me laugh... always comparing this(and the m3) to a vette or a viper or something else. bottom line is, is that you are compairing a sports car to a luxury car. these cars(the m3 anyways)has been tested against the vette Z06 and porsche boxter s, and you know what the Z06 came in first place, and also it was a 2001 model. if you put them next to a 2002 model, they wont even come close to the vette. im not saying bmw engineering is crap, cause it is pretty good. but if you want to compare, look at all that your getting in a $45,000 car and then a $70,000 car. why is that price so high???? cause it says BMW???????chevy has made lots of improvements on the vettes over the years, bmw improved too, BUT, why are they STILL using the same body style, and using the same style for all there cars???????what happened, did they run out of ideas 20 or 30 years ago??a vette out performs a bmw in just about any way, so STOP COMPARING BMW's TO VETTE's. And just a little addition: the vette has a bigger motor and more power but yet the vette has way better gas milage than a BMW, even the 6 cylender m3's.

so before i go, i have to say, that all you people that still compare a vette to a beemer can stick a straw up my @$$ and suck. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Another misguided loser walks into the forum with class and competence!!! First of all don't compare the M5 with the Z06, compare the M3 since they are both in the same price range. Second of all if your going to compare prices and "what's offered" lets compare the Z06 to the M3:

M3- Luxurious interior, reliablity (rated good by the Yearly Consumer's Automotive Report Magazine), amazing braking (60-0 in 2.6 seconds or 112 ft.), superb comfort, 4 proper seats, "best handler in North America" (Motor Trend a couple years back for the E36 M3), quality parts, "best overall handler in all weather conditions"(R and T), Sport/City mode, DSC, ride quality, ALL SEASON RIDE, 33 MPG HWY

Z06- acceleration advantage over M3 and that's pretty much it. No luxury, 2 seater, handles well in dry weather condtitions (not wet), rated as "very poor" for reliability by Yearly Consumer's Automotive Report Magazine, torque is "too responsive" which prevents good all around handling, good braking with a 60-0 stop of 123 ft. it but doesn't match the M3's 112 ft. stop, cheap parts and materials used for interior/exterior(look for yourself or ask any Corvette owner), noisy ride, a "summer car", 28 MPG HWY

You decide: Do you want the complete luxury/supercar package (the M3) or the Z06 that's just a "summer" ride with relatively inferior quality. And about style, I must say that you are quite the blind man. The E30, E36, and E46 M3 all look very different with their headlights, interior, and exterior shapes while the Corvettes look has pretty much stayed neutral spanning from the C4 to the current C5 generation (a span of almost 20 years).

And you can go suck your momma's shit by sticking a 10 inch wide pipe up her ass, since she's really been around the block and a straw won't do the job properly.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

lets stop comparing cars in different classes, seriously. the reason this comparision has gone on so long is because both cars have merit for their respective class. this debate cannot be won, and annoyed commentary from members like the one quoted above is what will result. honestly, GM does not make a car to compare class to class w/ the BMW, except maybe a Cadillac, and conversely BMW does not make a car in the same class as the Z06.

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from hsckris</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMW M</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Z06 power</i>

And you can go suck your momma's shit by sticking a 10 inch wide pipe up her ass, since she's really been around the block and a straw won't do the job properly.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

lets stop comparing cars in different classes, seriously. the reason this comparision has gone on so long is because both cars have merit for their respective class. this debate cannot be won, and annoyed commentary from members like the one quoted above is what will result. honestly, GM does not make a car to compare class to class w/ the BMW, except maybe a Cadillac, and conversely BMW does not make a car in the same class as the Z06. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

That's right, they shouldn't be compared because the M3 will win the overall battle. In American terms, the M3 combines the luxury of a Cadillac with the performance of Corvette. All for the price of a Corvette.

I rest my case<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from hsckris</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMW M</i>

lets stop comparing cars in different classes, seriously. the reason this comparision has gone on so long is because both cars have merit for their respective class. this debate cannot be won, and annoyed commentary from members like the one quoted above is what will result. honestly, GM does not make a car to compare class to class w/ the BMW, except maybe a Cadillac, and conversely BMW does not make a car in the same class as the Z06. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

That's right, they shouldn't be compared because the M3 will win the overall battle. In American terms, the M3 combines the luxury of a Cadillac with the performance of Corvette. All for the price of a Corvette.

I rest my case
    <!-- Signature -->

16. "lets stop comparing cars in different classes, seriously. the reason this comparision has gone on so long is because both cars have merit for their respective class. this debate cannot be won, and annoyed commentary from members like the one quoted above is what will result. honestly, GM does not make a car to compare class to class w/ the BMW, except maybe a Cadillac, and conversely BMW does not make a car in the same class as the Z06."

Well said, I concur.
    (Here in Australia an M3 costs $145 000, a "vette $150 000 or more - and has to be converted to right hand drive and complianced, meaning more money, a Z06 is likley to cost more than a 911 ($180 000), this is why we do not drive Corvettes in Australia). <!-- Signature -->

17. m3 forever...zo6 um no..i want a comfy car with 4 people and hauls ass and isn't a cop magnet..haha..i drive a bimmer and i haven't gotten a ticket yet..haha..L8rz

18. amen TIMMAHH!!!! u finaly laid it down for these dip sticks.

19. #19 acbmwm3, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Yes, the Z06 is faster...5.7liter V-8 405hp 400lb-ft of torque. Hell, it better be faster. But look at where The BMW M3 is...a 3.2liter I-6 producing 333hp and 262lb-ft of torque. It is only .5 secs slower BUT has a reasonable back seat and trunk. The Vette barely even fits grocery bags. Ya'll alwayz think about performance (which who doesnt) but you gotta think about a everyday vehicle aswell. If you have a family, get the M3. If it's just you and your mate, get the vette. If your fuc*ing rich, get both. BMW has the right to compare to Vette, it may not win everything but it will win family values and a great interior (sorry but just look at the Vette's steering wheel, looks like a minivan wheel). Fight all ya'll want, but i know i am right. Have a nice day. www.bmwrulz.cjb.net

20. The Vette is faster, but the Vette's interior looks like a rendition of Darth Vader's face.

21. 700hp out of a 2 litre 4 was it? that is definantly a lot of horsepower i didn't actually know that. But Motorsport also tuned out a F1 motor with way more power than that.

These are two diffrent cars, have your corvette im sick of americans coming onto other forums saying corvettes are better, cheaper etc. ONLY where you live they are cheaper, not where I do.

Have your corvette, I really couldn't give a shit, people don't go on american forums and go on about how BMW's better do they. No, or a small majority maybe, but every forum i look at its vette Zo6 is better than... and a whole list, I don't care, I don't think it is i think its ugly, and only has the motor going for it, which makes 400hp out of 5.7ltrs. Im not going to argue about displacement or anything else, personnally I hate corvettes. And yes BMW does have a much wider range of cars and motors.

22. actually, that F1 engine was 1.5 litres over 1400hp , it was so powerfull it went off the dyno when they tested it and the engine was based on the 316i. Pretty kool, huh? it won the 1983 F1 world championship for Nelson Piquet. That engine is probly sitting in the BMW museum in Munich right now. It is actually the most powerfull f1 engine ever built and what is really amazing is that it was actually based on a real road going car. that just goes to show you pure M Power.

23. WOW it feels good to get back online. havnt been on for like 3 weeks or so. let me tell you a couple of things i've been doing. first, i,d like to thank my uncle, he works at a BMW dealership, and secondly, i'd like to thank my best friend, who works at a chevrolet dealership. my uncle, letr me take out an M5, he let me take it for a few hours. well, ill admit it is a nice ride, pretty smooth, quick. My best friend let me take out a 2002 Z06 out a few days after(we had to pull a few strings, but i got it. All i have to say is WOW BABY!!!what a fricken ride. i got waaaaaayyy more attention in it, waaaayyyy more complements, and wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more fun in it. So all u beemer junkies can go %^#@% yourselfs.

24. in addition, the vette used up less gas too. and just to comment on an earlier comment, im not a redneck, im Italian *****. what happens in Italy? FERRARIs ARE BORN. the masters of the automobile. Put one of your shitboxes next to a ferrari and see how good it really is. even put one next to a Z06 and see how much the Z06 pumps the m5, for a LOT less money.BIATCH. FORZA L'ITALIA PUTANAS

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Z06 power</i>

If you don't want people to compare BMW's to Vettes why are you?
    Why are you in a BMW forum?
    For a start they don’t compare, the BMW is a much better car; infact all cars that come from America are CRAP!
    An 8 year old with building blocks have the same engineering skills as the people working for GM or GM affiliated companies.
    The M5 has the same output as the new ZO6 only it is a 5 ltr not a 5.7 ltr.
    But you are right, if you compare BMW's to Chev's you have problems because Chev need to make some HUGE technological advances before they even look like coming close to the likes of a BMW.<!-- Signature -->