Re: Brera vs M3

Discussion in '2002 Alfa Romeo Brera Concept' started by rex4ev, Aug 9, 2002.

1. This car probably would come out on top against an M3, the main reason being it runs an obviously well-engineered 4.0 litre V8. This engine musters the same sort of power which comes from the current M5's 4.2 litre V8, although the E39 M5 is starting to show its age now and will be updated soon. A fitter rival for this car would probably be the M3 GTR Strassenversion, as it too runs a 4.0 litre V8. Doubtless the GTR would come out on top though, as it is basically a road-legal race car, and probably costs a fair bit more anyway. Fair enough if Alfa could better BMW in a fair contest, but pitching a 3.2 litre straight six in RWD form against the Brera's V8 with 4WD is an unfair comparison. <!-- Signature -->

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from McMan</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from matt211</i>
    <b></b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Beat an M3 and an M5? Well I'll believe that when I see it!
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->The specs show that.Only if the weight is to be over 2000kgs M3 will have advantage.Cornering will be I suppose better than the M3 because of the fact it is an Alfa,because of the 4WD and finally because M3 is designed for comfort aswell.<!-- Signature -->

3. Brera vs M3

Even if it is an alfa romeo I think in overall will be better than M3.It is a concept though but if it reaches production I suppose it will have the same price as the M3 but more horsepower.Don't forget the 4WD...<!-- Signature -->

4. 298Kw from a 4.0 V8, this thing will kick the crap out of an M3 and an M5, the only car that could give this alpha a bit of an ass whipping would be a Evo Vi!!!

5. In any case, there is one thing this car will always have over the M3, Passion.
    I guess its an italian thing.<!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from matt211</i>
    <b>This thing will kick the crap out of an M3 and an M5, the only car that could give this alpha a bit of an ass whipping would be a Evo Vi!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Beat an M3 and an M5? Well I'll believe that when I see it!
    The only place an EVO would have <b>any<b> chance against an M3 or an M5 is on a rally course, how it could beat this 'eater of M5's' is unknown to me.