Re: camaro vs mustang past to present who is better.

Discussion in '2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT' started by SSfearSS, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from The Garage King</i>
    <b>Again, money talks, and money says that the Mustang is the better car. Adios Camaro and Firebird, maybe the GM dealers will be able to get the cheap plastic cars off of thier lots once they mark them down a few more grand. Canadian plastic will always lose to American steel.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Get the hell out of here moron.<!-- Signature -->

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaroboy</i>
    <b>here is all the camaro vs mustang winners from car and driver from 1968 to 1999
    date winner participants
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    march 1968 camaro camaro SS 396 mustang 2+2 gt
    july 1968 camaro camaro Z/28 tuned port mustang
    june 1982 mustang camaro Z/28 mustang gt
    august 1983 camaro camaro Z28 h.o. mustang gt
    may 1985 mustang camaro berlinetta V6 mustang svo
    july 1986 mustang camaro iroc-z mustang lx 4.9 liter
    june 1987 mustang camaro iroc-z mustang gt
    february 1983 camaro camaro z28 mustang cobra
    december 1993 camaro camaro Z28 mustang gt
    may 1994 camaro camaro mustang (both were v6)
    december 1995 camaro camaro Z28 SS mustang cobra
    february 1999 camaro camaro Z28 mustang gt
    august 1999 camaro camaro Z28 SS mustang SVT cobra
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    total: mustang-----4
    camaro------9

winner ---CAMARO</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your missing alot of years their buddy, like 69-81, 84, 96-98, 2001-2003. With out those years their really is no winner or loser. But ford does win for the next 3 years because of a forfit.

3. yes i know i was missing some years i got those ones out of the car and driver issue that included the ZL1 and BOSS i didn't include those two because they were far from stock. otherwise i included all that were shownsorry for the incomplete info there but i think that those were the only tests conducted by car and driver but i may be wrong if anyone else has some they could be posted here.

another one camaro Z28 vs mustang gt can't remember what issue but the camaro won it was the new body style mustang

also yes the camaro and firebird are dead for now the camaro is supposed to return in 2004 or 2005 the fire bird may not come back but if it does it will target he bmw <!-- Signature -->

4. How hard did you have to squeeze your brain to come up with that response? Resorting to childish insults, how pathetic. I'm sure everyone is impressed. Look dude, I was not personally attacking you nor was I attacking any car that you admire. I was just making a statement - just like everyone else does - based on the facts that I know. Peace.

5. camaro vs mustang past to present who is better.

here is all the camaro vs mustang winners from car and driver from 1968 to 1999
    date winner participants
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    march 1968 camaro camaro SS 396 mustang 2+2 gt
    july 1968 camaro camaro Z/28 tuned port mustang
    june 1982 mustang camaro Z/28 mustang gt
    august 1983 camaro camaro Z28 h.o. mustang gt
    may 1985 mustang camaro berlinetta V6 mustang svo
    july 1986 mustang camaro iroc-z mustang lx 4.9 liter
    june 1987 mustang camaro iroc-z mustang gt
    february 1983 camaro camaro z28 mustang cobra
    december 1993 camaro camaro Z28 mustang gt
    may 1994 camaro camaro mustang (both were v6)
    december 1995 camaro camaro Z28 SS mustang cobra
    february 1999 camaro camaro Z28 mustang gt
    august 1999 camaro camaro Z28 SS mustang SVT cobra
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    total: mustang-----4
    camaro------9

winner ---CAMARO<!-- Signature -->

6. Again, money talks, and money says that the Mustang is the better car. Adios Camaro and Firebird, maybe the GM dealers will be able to get the cheap plastic cars off of thier lots once they mark them down a few more grand. Canadian plastic will always lose to American steel.

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from The Garage King</i>
    <b>Again, money talks, and money says that the Mustang is the better car. Adios Camaro and Firebird, maybe the GM dealers will be able to get the cheap plastic cars off of thier lots once they mark them down a few more grand. Canadian plastic will always lose to American steel.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Out of the camaro or mustang a mustang is actually made cheaper.<!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from American HP</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SSfearSS</i>
    <b>Gm spends more on the Camaro than Ford does on the mustang. Supply and demand. Think about it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Not at all. Ford spends much more on the mustang, research, development, manufacturing, building, planning etc. All GM does it put in the plastic interior and charge more than they can sell them for, as opposed to the mustang which is a hot seller, well made, cheap, still in production...

Also for the people who thing mustangs are built cheaply. Yes they cost less than the f-twins, but they are better. Pick up a consumer reports, camaro is a car to avoid and the mustang has average reliability.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah I think the chevy guys forget that the more you sell the less you have to charge for it. If chevy could sell more camaros, I beat the price would go down some. Just look at the cobra r, only 300 where made and its price showed, it cost alot. Same with the camaro, not alot are sold, so the price has to be higher so that chevy can make alittle money off of them.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yup. That's what large scale production does. The more you build, less is invested in EACH car, therefore you can sell them for less. That allows us to buy GTs for 22k, and similar Z28s cost 27k.<!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from American HP</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SSfearSS</i>
    <b>Gm spends more on the Camaro than Ford does on the mustang. Supply and demand. Think about it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Not at all. Ford spends much more on the mustang, research, development, manufacturing, building, planning etc. All GM does it put in the plastic interior and charge more than they can sell them for, as opposed to the mustang which is a hot seller, well made, cheap, still in production...

Also for the people who thing mustangs are built cheaply. Yes they cost less than the f-twins, but they are better. Pick up a consumer reports, camaro is a car to avoid and the mustang has average reliability.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah I think the chevy guys forget that the more you sell the less you have to charge for it. If chevy could sell more camaros, I beat the price would go down some. Just look at the cobra r, only 300 where made and its price showed, it cost alot. Same with the camaro, not alot are sold, so the price has to be higher so that chevy can make alittle money off of them.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yup. That's what large scale production does. The more you build, less is invested in EACH car, therefore you can sell them for less. That allows us to buy GTs for 22k, and similar Z28s cost 27k.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

How true. I bought my 2001 gt for $21,000. While the z28 I looked at about a month ago was around $27,000.

10. What mods are you planning AmericanHP?<!-- Signature -->

11. Well first I want to pay it off, hopefully by next July it will be. Then, headers, exhaust, maybe a supercharger. Looks, I would like to lower it maybe an 1-1.5 inches, maybe the mach 1 shaker hood. All in all though I'm not really sure. Any thoughts would be great. Getting around 300-320hp is what I am really looking for, but more is always better.

12. Those sound like good mods. 300-320 horsepower isn’t that unreasonable. There are many bolt-on GTs making that. Start with a timing adjuster and pullies and exhaust. Soon as I get my headswap done, I’ll be looking for long tube headers and exhaust too. I don’t know about autos but you might want to look into a converter and shift kit. Though they don’t actually add any power, I’d definitely swap out and get 4.10 gears, some drag radials, and the springs are good ideas too.

If you decide to get a blower with all the good stuff, fuel injectors, throttle body, etc. and a good tune you should be well over 400 horsepower!

Hey, I’m good at spending your money!<!-- Signature -->

13. Oh, scratch that, you have an auto. You should go for 4.10 gears.<!-- Signature -->

14. What year mustang do you have?

Those seem like some pretty good mods for my stang, if I could just get the exhaust for right now I'd be happy, it sounds good now, but louder is always better.

15. I have a 96, soon to be a PI 96.<!-- Signature -->

16. IG THE CAMARO AND FIREBIRD ARE SO GREAT WHY DID GM STOP MAKING THEM ALSO WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE FIGURES.PROBABLY SOMS STUPID PUNK THAT HAS TO SHOW HIS REAL STUPIDITY.AS FOR THOSE RICEBURNER SISSIES THEY CAN GO FU THEMSELVES.

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SSfearSS</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from The Garage King</i>
    <b>Again, money talks, and money says that the Mustang is the better car. Adios Camaro and Firebird, maybe the GM dealers will be able to get the cheap plastic cars off of thier lots once they mark them down a few more grand. Canadian plastic will always lose to American steel.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Get the hell out of here moron.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

How hard did you have to squeeze your brain to come up with that response? Resorting to childish insults, how pathetic. Look dude, I was not personally attacking you. I was just stating my views - just like everone else does - based on the facts that I know. Actually the Camaros and Firebirds are not "cheap" and I take that statement back, but dealers are having to mark down these cars to move them. Peace.

18. Dealers aren't doing anything to push them. They are selling on their own. I bought a 2001 SS 3 months ago. When I was shopping, I was gonna buy a 2002, but managed to buy the 01 SS for 5 grand cheaper because it had 5 thousand miles on it. Almost all the dealerships I spoke to said they could get one in from a different state, because where I live, they were all sold out. Don't start saying that a Camaro is made of cheap parts. Gm spends more on the Camaro than Ford does on the mustang. Supply and demand. Think about it.<!-- Signature -->

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SSfearSS</i>

Also for the people who thing mustangs are built cheaply. Yes they cost less than the f-twins, but they are better. Pick up a consumer reports, camaro is a car to avoid and the mustang has average reliability.

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>

Yeah I think the chevy guys forget that the more you sell the less you have to charge for it. If chevy could sell more camaros, I beat the price would go down some. Just look at the cobra r, only 300 where made and its price showed, it cost alot. Same with the camaro, not alot are sold, so the price has to be higher so that chevy can make alittle money off of them.

21. theres a reason why chevy blows ford out of the water. ford spends way too much time puttin resarch into a fast pickup for wannabe bikers..... pickup are made for the dirt

22. What the hell are you talking about? Sure Ford makes pickups and trucks, so does chevy. As far as research and development that is a joke, the next generation of mustangs have a lot of work put into them and the next camaros, umm, well there is a possibility they might come back.

23. I guess you didn't hear about the 2003 mustang cobra did you? 425hp, quarter mile 12.6, price $34,000. Show me a chevy for that price that can "blow it out of the water". And whats wrong with having fast trucks? Pickups used to be made for the dirt, now they are daily drivers along with being the work horse.

24. Okay,u r wrong in 2 parts...the first one is gonna be that u said that Mustang is maid out of cheaper parts. Now let's see if it would be made out of cheaper parts,than it would just cost cheaper(dont u think so?). Than i really didnt liked dis part: The bird is swifter than the horse....Again,how come u people cant understand that the horse,bird and other muscle are americans and u r brothers. So i think that u should stop racing with each other and start smoking those peace of shit japanese!!!

25. Camaro is better than Mustang, though I wouldn't own either. Except if they made that ZL1 concept.