Re: Camaro will always be beaten by 'stangs, as usual...

Discussion in '2000 Ford Saleen Mustang SR' started by nd4spd2002, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Camaro will always have the mustang beat

The chevy camaro ZL1 concept goes 0-60 in 2.7 seconds and its top speed is 230. So far, it takes any mustang made.

2. Re: Camaro will always have the mustang beat

hate too tell ya buddy, but the new ZL1 CONCEPT isn't going into production. and no, camaros cant beat out the mustang if theyre being discontinued.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Camaro will always have the mustang beat

I didn't say it was going to be in production, and any way you look at it, it is a camaro and it will take any mustang. Also, just because the camaro is going out of producton doesn't mean that it can't beat a mustang. That doesn't make much sense.

4. Re: Camaro will always have the mustang beat

Ok first of the Camaro ZL1 from what I know was made for the drag strip, and second, I believe I remmber reading that the Mustang Boss did win that race against the ZL1.

I think it was in Motor Trend magazine, I forget now.

5. Re: Camaro will always have the mustang beat

where is the 03 camaro at??........havent seen it yet

6. Re: Camaro will always have the mustang beat

THe BOSS MUSTANG beat the ZL1. I guess you havent been updated.
    BOSS Mustang did 1.9 second quarter mile, on regular tires, and the best time the Camaro got was 2.7 on slicks. Beat it on the drag and on the course.

7. Re: Camaro will always have the mustang beat

This is a street-legal race car. The ZL1 CONCEPT was made for the drag strip.

8. Re: Camaro will always have the mustang beat

this is not a ford.

9. Re: Camaro will always have the mustang beat

Uh oh i feel horrible, he said i haven't been updated.

10. #10 Lee Iacocca, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EvilNinjaMoby</i>
    <b>Dont be a #$%#ing imbecile. They both used DOT tires. Get your facts straight. Yes the BOSS won the 0-60 but couldnt finish a race without breaking. If you read the #$%#ing story, it was pretty much a stalemate.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MantronixFX</i>
    <b>THe BOSS MUSTANG beat the ZL1. I guess you havent been updated.
    BOSS Mustang did 1.9 second quarter mile, on regular tires, and the best time the Camaro got was 2.7 on slicks. Beat it on the drag and on the course. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --></b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Mustang WON, camaro lost in 0-60 and broke in the race, and if someone is still in doubt check Car&Driver January 2000 or www.svt.ford.com (OFFICIAL FORD SVT website)<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Camaro will always have the mustang beat

both had problems, but nevertheless they were and they are great cars!

12. Re: Camaro will always have the mustang beat

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EvilNinjaMoby</i>
    <b>Dont be a #$%#ing imbecile. They both used DOT tires. Get your facts straight. Yes the BOSS won the 0-60 but couldnt finish a race without breaking. If you read the #$%#ing story, it was pretty much a stalemate.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MantronixFX</i>
    BOSS Mustang did 1.9 second quarter mile, on regular tires, and the best time the Camaro got was 2.7 on slicks. Beat it on the drag and on the course. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --></b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

If you know how to read and you understand what you read..go to car and driver and read the story..its 5 pages in length..and after the smoke clears..the Mustang Boss came out on top..NUFF SAID.

13. Re: Camaro will always have the mustang beat

Why dont you fck urself you fckin pillow byter. GO READ CAR&DRIVER, and FCKIN READ WHERE IT SAYS THAT THE MUSTANG BEAT THE FCKIN CAMARO.
    Your lucky this is a forum cause if it were a real life discussion, Id stab your brain with your nose bone, you punk. I make bchez like you bleed.

14. Re: Camaro will always have the mustang beat

First off if you look at saleen's website it says this car is way over one hundred grand. Second off this is a tuner car so it cant be compared to a factory camaro. Third off read the whole damn article where at the end it says that because of the number of problems both of the cars had they were forced to call it a draw.

P.S- read the little sub-article where they list all of the times the two pony cars went head to head and youll see that camaro has come out on top more. Its a shame this legendary rivalry is coming to an end.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Camaro will always have the mustang beat

I agree, they were both amazing cars, even though I think that the Camaro looked far better but hey, were not judging on looks are we?

16. Re: Camaro will always have the mustang beat

The first and only unbiased comment. Now time for my biased opinion. I like chevy alot better than ford. Both cars are shit yourself fast and I doubt many that post on this site have the skill to handle that kind of rear wheel power without killing themselves. Nuff said I want the ZL1 engine in a Trans-Am.

17. Re: Camaro will always have the mustang beat

if thats the way things are gonna be then lets bring up the Mustang BOSS concept that does 0-60 in 1.9 seconds.... yeah, that zl1 sure beats it... wait a minute, it doesnt... And you and you're die hard "Chevy is the only car company that matters" friends are what dont make sense.

18. Re: Camaro will always have the mustang beat

Concepts? Ok Mustang Boss with 855hp and 10.0L engine going 0-60 in 1.9 Guess ZL1 wont take that

19. Re: Camaro will always have the mustang beat

They are bieng discontinued? Darn, now i will miss the jealous look on their face when they see me pass them in my stang.

20. Re: Camaro will always have the mustang beat

yea ur rite, but the LS1 Camaros will ALWAZ but the official Snake Skinner