Re: Challenge

Discussion in '2002 Dodge Viper GTS Final Edition' started by Guibo, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Yes, thanks.

2. And would you believe its English too!<!-- Signature -->

3. what?...............this guy thinks the Tiger is a mystical beast? <!-- Signature -->

4. You must be a different LiquidChild, for the amount of times I've shown the real LiquidChild the Viper being faster to 100 (8.7 for Viper 8.8 for Cerbera, do I really need to show you the article?) I CAN NOT believe you still think its faster. Acceleration, Viper faster. Top Speed, Viper faster, by 8 mph.

Just to show everyone

These are the best times for the Viper
    0-60 3.9
    0-100 8.7
    0-150 22.5
    1/4 mile 12.0@120 (several people have broken the Viper in the 11's, but I've yet to see an article on it)
    0-1 mile 30.1 @ 173.3 mph
    Top Speed 193

And for the Cerbera
    0-60 4.1
    0-100 8.8
    0-150 17.9
    1/4 mile 12.3 @ 120
    0-1 mile (It takes the Cerbera 30 seconds to reach 165, where the Viper reaches 173 in 30 seconds, so I believe the Viper is faster to a mile)
    Top Speed 185

So...whats that show? The Viper is faster to 60, 100, Cerbera pulls out up to 150, Viper catches back up, and has a higher top speed.

So Cerbera 4.5, nope, not faster. Better luck next time.

This is really getting pathetic by the way, the Cerbera is not faster than the Viper. FACE IT!

Looks to me there is no faster car than the Viper under 100,000 USD thats production, and the Viper only costs 70,000.<!-- Signature -->

5. So, no more posts from you LiquidChild, unless you have something more educated and honest to say, instead of being totally biased out of your ass.

Can anyone think of a faster production car under 100,000USD (65,000 Pounds)?<!-- Signature -->

6. #6 Guibo, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  7. Thanks Guibo. 5 more posts until you hit the big 5000! Congrats.<!-- Signature -->

8. #8 VIPERnXr4ti, Aug 9, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>
    <b>Uh, this one made it into the 11's:
    http://popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars_trucks/1997/8/showdown_new_muscle_cars/index2.phtml

Over on the Viper club forums, there's talk of a guy named Evan Smith who drove a Viper RT/10 to an 11.77-second quarter mile. It was some Z06 vs. Viper shootout in GM High Power Magazine, or some such. Haven't seen it myself, but it's got to be somewhere...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> yes Evan Smith...he is an editor for Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords....ive never been able to find the article in the GM mag (i dont know the name of the mag for 1) but he hints at it during his testing of the Supercharged Saleen S281-Extreme which he got to run an 11.6 on slicks basically he said something to the effect of the saleen ran in the 11's, something only a Viper has been able to do in stock trim" ill try and find that mag and post the exact quote<!-- Signature -->

9. Challenge

There is no production car that is faster than this that costs less than 100,000 USD (About 65,000 Pounds roughly).

Can anyone prove me wrong? Good luck.
    <!-- Signature -->

10. The 4.5 Cerbera is as quick to 100 then faster and thats £45K.<!-- Signature -->

11. #11 LiquidChild, Aug 9, 2002
  12. Ok, seriously. When did I EVER say the Viper was the best car? When did I even say it was my favorite car? It is, but I don't go around bad mouthing other cars because I like the Viper better. Too many other idiots do that. You're not one of them, and neither am I. Yes, I am 16, and seem to be a LOT more mature than you. I don't know everything about cars, I don't pretend to know everything about cars.

Find me where a link where I bad mouth any other car and say the Viper is much much better, and nothing is better than the Viper. You won't find anything.

I do appreciate other cars. A lot. Ferrari's, Porsche's, Lamborghini's, and many many others. Even TVR's. High power with extremely light weight bodies. Just because the Viper is my favorite car does not mean I hate every other single other car.

<!-- Signature -->

13. the Cerbera has never been able to match its factory quoted stats, except for the Cerbies that are "played" with by TVR b4 sending them to the testers...also here in the States the Cerbie would be easily over 100k after importing and everything else<!-- Signature -->

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>
    <b>You must be a different LiquidChild, for the amount of times I've shown the real LiquidChild the Viper being faster to 100 (8.7 for Viper 8.8 for Cerbera, do I really need to show you the article?) I CAN NOT believe you still think its faster. Acceleration, Viper faster. Top Speed, Viper faster, by 8 mph.

Just to show everyone

These are the best times for the Viper
    0-60 3.9
    0-100 8.7
    0-150 22.5
    1/4 mile 12.0@120 (several people have broken the Viper in the 11's, but I've yet to see an article on it)
    0-1 mile 30.1 @ 173.3 mph
    Top Speed 193

And for the Cerbera
    0-60 4.1
    0-100 8.8
    0-150 17.9
    1/4 mile 12.3 @ 120
    0-1 mile (It takes the Cerbera 30 seconds to reach 165, where the Viper reaches 173 in 30 seconds, so I believe the Viper is faster to a mile)
    Top Speed 185

So...whats that show? The Viper is faster to 60, 100, Cerbera pulls out up to 150, Viper catches back up, and has a higher top speed.

So Cerbera 4.5, nope, not faster. Better luck next time.

This is really getting pathetic by the way, the Cerbera is not faster than the Viper. FACE IT!

Looks to me there is no faster car than the Viper under 100,000 USD thats production, and the Viper only costs 70,000.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Want to show me Where you got the times for the 4.5 0-1 mile time??

Er you can't, because there arent any, it was a 4.2 in the video which did 31.2 or something, and as Guibo says it may have been running without cats, but even so that would only free up another 20Bhp or so, take it to around 380Bhp.

I'd also like some proof of the Viper hitting 173 in 30 seconds.

And the highest TopSpeed I have seen for the 4.5 is 205Mph so far.<!-- Signature -->

15. Why don't you show where you saw the highest top speed for the Cerbera was 205?

I don't have the article for the 30.1 @ 173 0-1 mile acceleration with me, but I know Guibo does. Ask him if you want to see it.

Read that Top Gear article again. At 30 seconds, it was only going 165 mph. Doesn't sound like the 4.5 can beat the Viper in the 0-1 mile either.<!-- Signature -->

16. Here it is, from MT in '98.

Average for all Vipers tested in the standing mile has been about 30.4-30.5 seconds. The only time it was beaten was by the Shelby Series One, back in '00. Kinda ironic.

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>
    <b>Why don't you show where you saw the highest top speed for the Cerbera was 205?

I don't have the article for the 30.1 @ 173 0-1 mile acceleration with me, but I know Guibo does. Ask him if you want to see it.

Read that Top Gear article again. At 30 seconds, it was only going 165 mph. Doesn't sound like the 4.5 can beat the Viper in the 0-1 mile either.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

This is what the TopGear article says: "And then, WITHIN 30 seconds of that frenzied start, it was all over - we'd run out of runway and the brakes were hauling us down from 165mph."

Hmm, so they've hit 165 and stood on brakes within 30 secs. <!-- Signature -->

18. #18 LiquidChild, Aug 9, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>
    <b>There is no production car that is faster than this that costs less than 100,000 USD (About 65,000 Pounds roughly).

Can anyone prove me wrong? Good luck.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

http://www.zcars.org.uk/z100wr.htm

Oh whats this, damn I've done it again!

LOL, mwhahahah<!-- Signature -->

19. You've done it again? The Cerbera is not, and I repeat, NOT faster than the Viper. So, no you haven't done it again. This is not a Cerbera forum, take it somewhere else.

As for the Tiger, its not production. Just road legal. So nope, still no faster PRODUCTION car under 100,000 USD than the Viper. Too bad for you.

Looks like you failed both times and made a fool outta yourself. Don't post here again. I don't need you in my thread talking about your Cerbera.

So, looks like the Viper is the fastest production car in the world under 100,000k USD. Pretty cool. If someone finds a faster one under 100,000k thats production, please post it here.

<!-- Signature -->

20. #20 LiquidChild, Aug 9, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>
    <b>You've done it again? The Cerbera is not, and I repeat, NOT faster than the Viper. So, no you haven't done it again. This is not a Cerbera forum, take it somewhere else.

As for the Tiger, its not production. Just road legal. So nope, still no faster PRODUCTION car under 100,000 USD than the Viper. Too bad for you.

Looks like you failed both times and made a fool outta yourself. Don't post here again. I don't need you in my thread talking about your Cerbera.

So, looks like the Viper is the fastest production car in the world under 100,000k USD. Pretty cool. If someone finds a faster one under 100,000k thats production, please post it here.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

So you think the Tiger isn't a production car eh??

Funny that, it just broke the 0-60 time for a production car,

Look and cry: you'll have to click on programme info at the top, then scroll down a bit(because its frameset).

http://www.channel5.co.uk/lifestyle/5thGear/frameset.php

Then go hang yourself from the shame!!

Mwhahahahhahaha

Think before you open you big mouth brains.
    Mwhahahhahahhaa<!-- Signature -->

21. The Tiger's own website says its not a production car. "The Tiger Z100WR is fully road legal will be available as either a fully built turn-key car or in kit form. The first customer cars/kits will be available mid 2002." If it was production, don't you think they would have said "production" instead of fully road legal? Besides, I don't think a box with wheels and 2 motorbike engines could possibly be a production car. But for 40,000 Pounds, or about 62,000 USD, thats one insane car.

The Tiger is just made upon request, not a production car.

So, yep, the Viper is still the fastest production car under 100,000 USD.<!-- Signature -->

22. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LiquidChild</i>
    Mwhahahhahahhaa</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Sounds like you're the one who should think before you open your mouth! LOL. Good Job!!!<!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LiquidChild</i>
    Mwhahahhahahhaa</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Sounds like you're the one who should think before you open your mouth! LOL. Good Job!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Do you know the correct meaning of the word production car??

<!-- Signature -->

24. If you give them the money, they'll build it, same with the Cerbera Speed 12, it is a production car, if it wasn't it would not have been able to take part in the 0-60 world record for a production car.

So Shut the **** up fool!<!-- Signature -->

25. Geez, sounds like you're a little mad. Its ok man. People get proven wrong all the time. Just because you thought you had something and were wrong, doesn't mean you should go all crazy on other people.<!-- Signature -->