Re: Chevy NEEDS to put this truck into production!!!!!!

Discussion in '2000 Chevrolet Silverado SS Concept' started by oxidizer, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DSTREET</i>
    <b>TWO WORDS. BEAN RIDE. Im sorry but this is the dumbest design for a truck from GM since the ssr. There is no way in hell there gonna put this car into production with 479 bhp. Even if they do than the price would be outrageous. It is a stupid looking truck and trucks should just stick with off roading and hauling.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Type R ......huh....is that R for Retarded? J/K "Im sorry but this is the dumbest design for a truck from GM since the ssr." No need to be sorry, that's your opinion. "There is no way in hell there gonna put this car into production with 479 bhp." Why would you say that, obviously you don't know much about trucks, or the "sport truck scene". It take a little bit more HP to get a truck going than it does an import."Even if they do than the price would be outrageous." Not true, Gm wants to compete with the Ford Lightning and Dodge Ram SRT-10 price range. "It is a stupid looking truck and trucks should just stick with off roading and hauling" Once again, there is something called a sport truck, which has really exploded in the past few years. A LOT of people like them. As do I. My truck hauls @ss as well as my boat(Huge 28' Pontoon Boat) or a med size camper and a small trailer for my ATV's. Oh, and that SS Concept is bagged on air ride products. So, it will haul even more than my truck.<!-- Signature -->

2. silly silly sad sad 69camaro

3. This rig looks mean and as hard as a rock. Clearly the best looking pick-up ever. I saw pick up's racing at Rockingham - they were awesome.

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 69camaro454</i>
    <b>trucks aren't for lowering... they're for raising and putting 44"s on</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Thats like saying a motorcycle is just for cruising....<!-- Signature -->

5. I think trucks like this one & the Ford lightning are big a big waste of time. Of course that is just my opinion & I'm sure there will be people that would buy it. I do think that they need to find away to lower the curb weight by at least 750lbs, they need to remember that this is a sports truck & not a truck that is going to be used for things like you would use a regular Silverado for so it does have to be as heavy duty. Yes I'm sure people will haul things in the back of it occassionly but most people who buy trucks like this don't buy them for the purpose of hauling & towing. They buy them because they are hotrods.

6. This truck is so phat! I like the Lightning, but Chevrolet is the best and as you can tell they have the best ideas for the fastest sport truck in the world. Buy American!

7. They need to put this puppy into production, I would love to have one when they come out. <!-- Signature -->

8. yes this truck is pretty sweet.. but i like the lightning better by far.... the siverado is way to big... but it has great color and nice stylin

9. Get this truck on the road NOW!~ i've never seen anything like it. I thought the Silverado/vette concept was awesome, but this truck. WOW. What sells me is the sleak design, you'd swear you could get a speeding ticket with the truck in park. The hood and fenders are completely different than a stock silverado. The front mounted air dams are hella cool, and the matching exhast tips are engenious. I want to see specs on the tranny as well as how it is mounted, the C-5 components are mind-blowing. This truck is the total package. GM, get going on getting this one rolling. Nice work. by the way, notice the ponies... Ford has a supercharged 5.4 and it makes what? 381hp? what a joke. <!-- Signature -->

10. dude your dumb, go head with your type R crap and shove it. trucks are the new era, and will be forever, you can do so many more things to truck then a car. Chevy really needs to come out with this truck. i think if it dose come out it would be 2004. it would be with te sporty trucks of chevrolet, Xtreme Bkazer and S10 and now the silverado ss, and wht can we expect next maybe a tahoe SS or a suburban ss, who knows but they need to come out with this truck, i have also seen a differnet design of this silverado ss but its not as sweet as this.<!-- Signature -->

11. I like how you guys argue because one guy comes in and says,"This car sucks, my car is sooo much better!!" I also like the guys who have biased opionions. "Fords RULE!! My Ford would whip that thing. All Ive ever owned is Fords and thats why theyre cool!!" Thats some funny stuff. Ive owned lots of cars. Porche, Chev, Ford, Dodge, MB, Lexus, blah blah blah because I wanted some comparison and as far as trucks go I cant say Ive ever driven anything more in tune with itself than a Chev/GMC. I need more toys and I would love to add this to my collection.

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Stang Studd</i>
    <b>yes this truck is pretty sweet.. but i like the lightning better by far.... the siverado is way to big... but it has great color and nice stylin</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

well remember that what's pictured here is just a concept car and it surely will change when the production version is unveiled.
    First of all, the bed and cabin are a one piece frame, which would be very expensive to make so I guess production SS will be based on the regular Chevy pickup chasis and will not be heavily modified. Also its yet to be seen if the SS will be a Crew cab truck or (like the Lighting) a regular cab, ... choosing crew cab would certainly add weight, but would give you the choice of seating 4-or 5 and not 2 like the Lighting.<!-- Signature -->

13. I don't know what the breast part is about, but I did get a chance to catch this truck at the LA Auto Show. It looks even better up close. I don't remember all the specs. It is bored out from something like a 5 liter to over 6 liters! It is by far one of the cleanest looking trucks I've ever seen.

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ZO6VetteMan</i>
    <b>This truck is exactly what chevy needs to make the ford lightning look like a little toy truck!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree!!

15. THIS CAR IS THE FUCKING SHIT,IT WAS ON CAR AND DRIVER IT BLEW THE SHIT OUT OF ALL THE OTHER TRUCKS. THIS CAR OR ONE PRETTY MUCH LIKE IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE OUT IN PRODUCTION SUMTIME SOON.

16. Chevy deinatley needs to put this truck n2 production i mean theyre takin away te camero the least they could do is h n ne wayz wh want ford havn a better truk then chevy

17. yo..i saw this thang in tha Los Angeles auto show ndamn it was KRAZZYYY....maybe we should take all thiez replieas from all of u n some how sent it 2 Chevy..EXTEVIOR..maybe u should do this sinse u got all tha braninz n mindz!!!!!!!THIS TRUCK iZ THA BOMB

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DSTREET</i>
    <b>TWO WORDS. BEAN RIDE. Im sorry but this is the dumbest design for a truck from GM since the ssr. There is no way in hell there gonna put this car into production with 479 bhp. Even if they do than the price would be outrageous. It is a stupid looking truck and trucks should just stick with off roading and hauling.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

ure dissing the car that has been #1 in top speed since 1988, second in 0-60 behind dauer with the camaro. im not shure i see any of ure fords anywhere so maybe u shud shut that #$%# hole u call a mouth<!-- Signature -->