Re: Corvette vs. supra.

Discussion in '2003 Chevrolet Corvette 50th Anniversary' started by kel e, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I'd like to point out the quarter mile times of above
    Something is wrong with the Corvette if these are accurate. Chevy is selling less of a car if the suspension cannot handle the torque given it. If the tire spin leads to that 5.3sec 0-60, then perhaps the Supra is a better car for those who don't just travel in straight lines. If the 0-60 is better than the 'Vette(by .4 sec), and it's qtr mile is better(by .5 sec), then it must have more grip, 'cause it's a bit fat for it's horsepower rating to do this alone. Perhaps it's suspension setup is better, or they don't put all-weather grandma tires on the Supra. By the way, does anyone know skidpad numbers on the 'Vette? Or how about track times for the stock cars with the same driver on the same course?

Also, I feel there is some bias here, and that some people who are fond of american muscle are now resentful that anything better or decent could come out of other countries, especially when there are so few current USD sports cars(Viper, '05 Mustang, Ford GT, the 'vette, and perhaps the new Shelby). I think some of this resentment is expressed in trying to compare a heavy 6-cylinder with three litres of displacement to a(relatively) lighter 5.7 litre V8

2. I RULE MODIFIED SUPRAS .. u put ur 1500 $ of mods to my 700 .. hahaha .. ur talkin mods that cost almost as much as ur car hahahaha.. damn u people r not car enthusiests at all .. u dont sit and compare suped turbo cars to stock everyday cars .. cuz if u spend the same ammount on the everyday car .. itll still kik ass !

3. THATS RIGHT MODIFIED SUPRAS I BET YOU PUT A CORVETTE AND A UNMODIFIED SUPRA AGAINST MY 2000 LAMBORGHINI 6.0 VT I WOULD FUC.K UP YOUR SUPRA AND IT WOULD NOT BE THE FIRST TIME I DID. MODIFIED SUPRA SUCKS. THESE TYPE OF PEOPLE ALSO MODIFI THERE DIC.KS AND WELL AS THE SUPRAS. "OH HOW IM I GOING TO PERFORM TONIGHT" VERY BADY WITHOUT YOUR MODS AND MEDS. I DONT NEED ANY TURBO CHARGERS TO SAY THIS CAR GOES FAST BECAUSE IT DOES. MY CAR LOOKS BETTER THAN ANY SUPRA. IT HAS GOOD LOOKS AND GOES FAST. I BET YOU LIKE SLICONE BREAST DONT YOU? WELL I LIKE MY SHIT REAL. "UNLIKE THOSE CIVC OWNERS HEY I GOT A TWIN TURBO NO CANT STOP ME AND MY CIVIC".I DONT THINK AN F16 WOULDNT WANT TO DOGFIGHT IT". I RULE AND OWN ANY PUNK A$$ SUPRA AND DONT CARE IF YOU 1000HP UNDER THE HOOD CUZ I STILL LOOK BETTER AND I STILL GANNA FUC.K YOU UP ON THE TRACK OR STREET!!! BRING IT!!! IF YOU WANNA BRING YOUR MODIFIED SUPRA I WILL GO GET THE F15E EAGLE AND WILL SEE WHAT 1000HP MEANS TO REAL DEAL PERFORMICE.

4. But ure Lambo would Lose to a muscle car that only cost 10,000 bucks and it is street legal and it has 520 Hp and 600 torque!

5. OK MY DIABLO HAS 550AWHP AND A TOP SPEED OF 210MPH!!! MY CAR ONLY COST 85,000 I GOT ONE FOR A ROCK BOTTOM PRICE. PLUS A MUSCLE CAR WEIGHTS 4800 POUNDS THAT A TRUCK LIKE A CHEVY S10 MY CAR ONLY WEIGHTS ABOUT 3450 POUNDS AND I DO 0 TO 60 IN 3.8SEC AND MUSCLE CAR CAN DO IT IN 5.0 AND THE ONLY WAY THE ARE GOING TO BEAT ME IS IN A DRAG RACE AND THE STRIP. NOT ON THE STREET OR ROAD. SORRY YOUR WRONG!

6. i bet your the type that puts a bone stock 360 modena up against a 1105hp supra and call it a race.

7. I WILL TELL YOU WHAT UNFAIR THATS WHEN PEOPLE MACH A BONE STOCK EXOTIC CAR VS A 1000HP SUPRA. IM GOING TO TELL YOU RIGHT NOW SUPRAS ANIT SHIT WITHOUT A TURBO OR MODS. SO OK YOU CAN PUT A 1000HP-1300 RWHP OUT OF A SUPRA BUT CAR LIKE THE VIPER HENNSEY (MY OPINION AS A SUPRA KILLER) AND A CORVETTE CAN PUT OUT 700 AND HAVE A TOP SPEED OF 220MPH THATS NOT BAD AND ONLY PAY AROUND 134K YOU TRY AND DO THAT TO A SUPRA AND YOU WILL WELL OVER 200K!!! FOR A SUPRA. YOU SEE I DID THE MATH YOU DONT BELIVE ME SEE FOR YOUR SELF OR PLAY GRAND TURISMO REMBER IT EASY TO MAKE A DRAG CAR BUT ITS HARD TO MAKE A SUPERCAR. AND I HERE THAT THE FASTEST CORVETTE CAN REACHED 254MPH LOOK ON THIS SITE IN THE TOP SPEED AND YOU WILL SEE A CALLAWAY CORVETTE, I DONT SEE ANY SUPRAS AT THE BULL SHIT 240 I NEVER HERD A 4 SEATER HIT THAT SPEED. NOT EVEN AN ASTON MARTIN THATS A REAL SUPER CAN HIT. THE FASTEST SUPRA WITH 1200HP WILL ONLY HIT 190!!! THATS RIGHT ONLY 190!!! I ROAD RACED ONE IN MY DIABLO AND HE COULDNT KEEP UP WITH ME. HE HAD 1267RWHP BUT HIS CAR WEIGHTS AS MUCH AS A CHEVY S10 PICKUP. DID YOU EVEN HERE ABOUT THE NEW VETTE? IT HAS 400HP AND A TOP SPEED OF 186MPH AND ITS ONLY GOING FOR 45K I BET IT COULD KILL A FEW SUPRAS.

IM NOT A FAN OF SUPRAS EVEY ONE HAS ONE AND THINKS THEY CAN DOGFIGHT AN F18 HORNET! A DODGE VIPER IS A BETTER DEAL YOU GET BETTER LOOKS BECAUSE SUPRA LOOK UGLY I DONT CARE WHAT YOU PUT ON THEM, THEN YOUR ENGINE SOUNDS BETTER WAY BETTER THAT LAWNMORE SOUND. MOST OF ALL YOUR GETTING A REAL SUPER CAR! THEN AGAIN A 240MPH SUPRA COMIN FROM AN 18 YEAR OLD GO FIGURE. I HERD PEOPLE SAY TO ME THEY CAN TAKE OUT MY DIABLO IN A ROAD RACE MOST REAL SUPERCARS LIKE THE LAMBOS FERRARIS VIPER EVEN THE CORVETTE WOULD KILL SUPRAS ON ROAD RACING.

A CORVETTE ON THE OTHER HAND IS A GOOD CAR AND ITS FUNNY Z06 ONLY 52K AND A TOYOTA SUPRA ENGINE CRATE WITH MODS 33K THATS NOT INCLUDING WIRING, WEIGHT,AND MANY OTHER KEY FACTORS YOU HAVE TO CONCIDER YOU JUST CANT GO AND BUY TURBO AND DROP IT IN AND SAY LETS KICK SOME CORVETTE ASS. MAYBE YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING TO MUCH THE FAST AND FURIOUS BUT YOU CANT BUILD A STREET LEGEL 240MPH SUPRA BECAUSE I NEVER HERD OF IT BUT ME I LOVE MY DIABLO AND WITH JUST ABOUT 55K MORE I CAN HAVE 1150AWHP AND A TOP SPEED OF 255MPH YOU DONT BELEVE ME GO LOOK AT WWW.LAMBOCARS.COM. I HAVE SEEN CORVETTES 10K AND UP CORVETTE LOOK LIKE A BETTER DEAL THAN A SUPRA BUT IF YOU WANT A SUPRA KILLER GO WITH A VIPER 1000 TWIN TURBO YOU NAME THE SUPRA AND THIS VIPER WILL KILL IT! 0-602.2SEC 1/4 9.75@152 POWER 1000HP TORQ 1,100LB-FT@3,600RPM AND YOUR SUPRAS CANT MATCH IT NO ONES!!! AND THEY ONLY GOING FOR 149,000. GO ON GIVE THEM A CALL AT 281-346-1370 OR GO TO HENNESSEYPERFORMANCE.COM AND THEY WILL SHOW ALL YOU PUNK ASS 1000HP OF BULL SHIT POWER WHAT REAL PERFORMANCE IS ALL ABOUT NOT LOOKING LIKE CRAP AND SOUNDING LIKE A LAWNMORE. BUT SOUNDING LIKE A DEM0N ON THE STREETS.HOW FAST IS YOUR SUPRA AGAIN? TOO SLOW!!!

8. I know im coming in late on this discussion but i can tell most of you don't know what the hell you're talking about.. the Supera rocks!! I got a 95 corvette, LT1, 0 to 60 in 5.0 sec respectively and the 1/4 in 13.6 respectively witch BTW are its production stats, anyway the supera is an excellent handling car! I don't suppose you guys know what an F40 wing can do to a cars handling but I can assure you it can make a car that handles like a truck handle like a sports car and a sports car handle like a fighter jet. i remember hearing once that it could be argued that the Supera was the most perfect handling car ever made. Anyway what it all comes down to is this, I own a corvette and I respect Superas, "Hell I even look up to them in many respects!" just look at the used price of a supra Vs a Lt1 vette & notice that most TT superas are more expensive.
    now why do you think this is? I don't know where you guys are getting you're info but just because its a supra does not mean its slower than a 300 hp vette. Anyway I feel the 92 to 95 vetts are an excellent comparison and being that I have beat a few C5's as well. So i don't see why a supera would be such a looser in the same race when on various occasions they have been known to take on LT1 vetts and win.

9. This is ridiculous! 93 ZR-1 WOULD WAX A SUPRA TURBO. A 93 Z28 would walk off on non-turbo. And remember import losers I mean lovers, there is no replacement for displacement!