Re: Corvette Z06 vs. Nissan Skyline GTR

Discussion in '2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06' started by CadillacMan03, Aug 9, 2002.

1. No competition, it's like lightning and thunder, which this corvette is both of, You don't get it to you, Nissan, means nothing in the face of Corvette!!!!!

Proud Member of the Chevrolet Muscle Car Club!!!

2. Corvette Z06 vs. Nissan Skyline GTR

if u had these two cars in a race with nearly similar performace, which one might win? The Skyline would probably outturn this Corvette during a curved track cuz many jap cars are more agile, but the corvette can easily smoke the Skyline in a perfectly straight course.

3. the skyline is 4WD. it would definitely beat it.

4. This Corvette could blow away so much jap crap that it can probably put the Enola Gay to miserable shame.

Corvette VS skyline. not even a race. That skyline would be gettin' nothing but a nice view of the tail lights<!-- Signature -->

5. Hmmm... (Crys) I Wish I could afford a corvette, my life would be complete.<!-- Signature -->

6. Honestly I don't know enough about the skyline to answer this question but being a 94 corvette owner I will say this much about 4 wheel drive cars. it is true that a few 4 wheel drive cars do have an off the line advantage on the vette however I look at 4 wheel drive cars similar to the way I look at small engines with turbos. it helps to boost the proformance into a V8's range. however, in this case it just helps with slow corners and the lack of off the line traction but in a race with a Corvette vs a 3000gt by the time you hit the 1/4 mile the truth is revealed & the engines start to show their true limits. most single turbos loose it at about 90 mph & and for twin its about 135mph. but even with a twin turbo the corvette is eather already past you by the 1/4 mark or is going to start pulling away at about 110mph and will continue to nail its driver in the seat way up into the 165 mph range. any further than that i can't tell you because I just don't have the balls to push her any higher than that. but make no mistake the LT1 corvette is good for every bit of 170 mph witch is something most jap cars just can't do.

In the case of a Z06 vs the Nissan Skyline GTR,
    I would expect similar results, though i know little about the
    Nissan Skyline GTR. however if history teaches me anything Id speculate that it would be similar to a ZR-1 vs a 3000gt VR4 witch is no comparison in a drag race. the ZR-1 wins hands down but if the track has plenty of slow curves it could be a good run.

in eather case I still love both cars however unless i was verry big or tall id take the corvette because their is nothing in world like the fealing of climbing in and out of the cokpit of a car and getting that true jetfighter fealing. its a fealling that most SUV & mustang owers just don't understand.

ps: note: to mustange owners please don't argue this my wife owns a 95 gt and i hate the seats!

please excuse my spelling ill fix it later

7. Honestly I don't know enough about the skyline to answer this question but being a 94 corvette owner I will say this much about 4 wheel drive cars. it is true that a few 4 wheel drive cars do have an off the line advantage on the vette however I look at 4 wheel drive cars similar to the way I look at small engines with turbos. it helps to boost the proformance into a V8's range. however, in this case it just helps with slow corners and the lack of off the line traction but in a race with a Corvette vs a 3000gt by the time you hit the 1/4 mile the truth is revealed & the engines start to show their true limits. most single turbos loose it at about 90 mph & and for twin its about 135mph. but even with a twin turbo the corvette is eather already past you by the 1/4 mark or is going to start pulling away at about 110mph and will continue to nail its driver in the seat way up into the 165 mph range. any further than that i can't tell you because I just don't have the balls to push her any higher than that. but make no mistake the LT1 corvette is good for every bit of 170 mph witch is something most jap cars just can't do.

In the case of a Z06 vs the Nissan Skyline GTR,
    I would expect similar results, though i know little about the
    Nissan Skyline GTR. however if history teaches me anything Id speculate that it would be similar to a ZR-1 vs a 3000gt VR4 witch is no comparison in a drag race. the ZR-1 wins hands down but if the track has plenty of slow curves it could be a good run.

in eather case I still love both cars however unless i was verry big or tall id take the corvette because their is nothing in world like the fealing of climbing in and out of the cokpit of a car and getting that true jetfighter fealing. its a fealling that most SUV & mustang owers just don't understand.

ps: note: to mustang owners please don't argue this my wife owns a 95 gt and i hate the seats!

please excuse my spelling ill fix it later

8. Man, I would Pay too Sit in a corvette, take me for a ryde.<!-- Signature -->

9. Compaq look around on EBay I did see a nice red 84 go for about $2000.00 a few days ago. i was about to buy it, I figured i could sell it for more than what it was going for. but my wife went bannas.
    i think its cause she knew i would put her car out-side in the rain
    way before any vette of mine.

10. enough of your pointless oppinions. it seems those are all you guys have.

8:28 Nissan Skyline GTR 277 hp
    8:31 Ferrari F355 GTS 380 hp
    8:44 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2001

the nissan is faster around the nurburg ring. much faster.

11. That's not for the Z06. That's for the *regular C5* with 4-speed automatic transmission and run-flat tires. The Z06 has been timed at 7:56 with GM test driver John Heinricy at the wheel. His experience at the 'Ring is next to nothing, compared to the guy who set those times above, BTW.

Below is the test for a 344-hp Commemorative Edition Corvette for the Euro market. (Basically a Z06 with the LS1.)

12. 2002 Noble M12 GTO-3
    3000 cc , 253.5 kw / 340 bhp , 340 ft lbs
    1050 kg / 2315 lbs
    $40,000 0-60 3.6

faster for cheaper. maybe we shouldnt compare this to everything anymore.

13. It's not $40K in the States.
    How much does the Noble cost, in the rest of Europe?

14. Do not say dumbass things that is not what bigbimmer ment. i think he was trying to get across the level of absolutet exspertise that went into the making of the R34.

For one thing this car is not AWD or 2WD, it varys.... on a stright its 100% RWD but in the corner it applys however much power is needed to the front for the maximum speed.

i could at this point go one for a good while considering i've always been a fan of the R34.

but im not saying the vette will not beat it but im saying it might be closer than u think.

15. youre either ignorant or stupid.

the skyline GT-R has been putting down mid-high 12 second times with good drivers before the ZO6 was even a concept car, the ZO6 would still win the race with the R34 GT-R, but trust me, it wouldnt be by more than a tenth or two of a second, really, it all comes down to a drivers race.

the car is equipped with full time AWD, and launches with a 1.8-1.6 60ft time, in other words, the car is half way down the track before the vette owner realizes it, then has to play a major game of catch up, not to mention, the times you see with the ZO6 were performed with a profesional driver, not everyone know's how to drive, so again, it all comes down to the driver. and the GT-R doesnt have 276HP like all the factory ratings say it does, the car was underrated from the factory.
    stock GT-R's usualy put down 320whp and 325wtq for earlier models and around 320whp and 365wtq for the R34 models.
    ive seen the bone stock dyno's, there are several R33 GT-R's in the states running high 10 second runs with as little as a turbo upgrade, MBC, intake system and exhaust, thats no more than $2,000-$4,000 in mods.
    not to mention the suspension on the GT-R's is very advanced and the car manuevers very well, and because of the full time AWD it hugs the ground, giving it nothing but traction, the corvette has a lateral acceleration of 1.0g's or somwhere in that area, well hell, so does a miata, and my ford probe has a lateral acceleration or .96g's stock. the skyline is very advanced as far as handling abilities, with a lateral of like 1.36g's or somthing close to that.

so to answer the question at hand, in a drag race i would say it depends on the driver of the ZO6, seeing that with a good driver a win over the GT-R by a tenth or two of a second is very likely, but like i said it all depends on the drivers of the two cars.

16. wow, your ford probe does .96g's of lateral acceleration? do you have a steam roller for the back wheels and 500lbs of extra weight inside the car? thats really impressive. And wow, i didnt know the skyline could do 1.36g's thats almost in F1 territory

17. Yea it would be a good race.

18. that's cool, but the corvette ran 12's in 1966 and at a few other times during its evolution.

...and even with your revised horsepower figures the ZO6 is quite a bit ahead of the Skyline, and normally aspirated to boot.

19. Yea the Z06 has a big edge on the Skyline.

20. not that i am picking sides here, but if you asked this question to guy named BoredUpR32, you will get some straightforward facts.

21. well, whenever me and my friends have a dispute about cars, we have to take it over to GT3:A spec. This provides the exact cars (including exact spool time and torque application), it also gives the skyline the advantage of its continuous AWD. We found that after racing both cars with different drivers, over 4 courses, that the difference was minimal, the corvette won more races, but the skyline was never more than 1\2 of a second behind. Personally, i think the winner is the corvette, only because it can match the speed of the R34 without AWD or a turbo. I think a really cool race would be a corvette with a turbocharged engine and the continuous AWD vs Skyline R34.....

22. First off, the GTR does NOT have full-time AWD. Also, the AWD only acts when the front wheels are losing traction, which is usually in a straight, if it were to use it in a corner it would cause understeer which would screw up its "wonderful handling". It does NOT pull 1.36 g's. Nor does that probe pull .96 g's. LOL.

The Z06 would kick its ass, hand down. The GTR is an overwieght, underpowered piece of crap.

And mods don't count my friends.

23. Not the C5Zo6 that couldn't even out perform the first gen Viper let alone the last gen RT-10, GTS or SRT-10 convert. It took GM to build a 500hp monster to even come close to the vipers performance and still according to R@T it still comes up short of beating the Viper.

24. #24 K-Dero, Aug 1, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    The first part of your post is crap, but I'm not waisting time with it. Where in this Road & Track article exactly does it say that the Vette comes up short of beating the Viper? http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=2904&page_number=5
    Would it be in this statement from the last paragraph? "With timesheets in hand and data crunched, the Z06's quickest lap is 1.3 sec./lap faster than the Viper Coupe (1:31.8 vs. 1:33.1)."

25. #25 bbcstachas, Aug 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    How about you get the actually artical out where it shows the 1/4mile time insead of a points chart.

As far as the laptimes go its not the vette dominates.