Re: Corvette Z06 Vs. Skyline R-34

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06' started by Bacalao, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Corvette Z06 Vs. Skyline R-34

Wich one is better?????

2. 02 vs. 02? = ZO6

C6 Vette vs. R-35 Gt-R? = probably a ZO6 Vette, but I'm sure the R-35 will certainly give it a run for its money! ( both will be competitively priced also!)<!-- Signature -->

3. The R-35 skyline its still a concept but I m sure it will do great when it comes out.
    But I was talking about the Z06 and the R-34 V-spec they are both great cars.
    The corvette may be faster but the R-34 is better on handling plus the 4wd traction.
    So on a Drag race i think the Corvette would win but not on a race track.
    Whats your opinion????

4. I think the Skyline doesnt stand much of a chance on the track. The car is at a signifigant wheight dissadvantage, and the 4WD really doesnt mean anything if you know how to drive the RWD properly. And the Corvette has a pretty damn good advantage in speed and areodynamics.

5. and acceleration don't forget that the zo6 wins there too if you want to compare a r34 with a vete go for the base model you'll find that they are more comparable<!-- Signature -->

6. --------------
    and acceleration don't forget that the zo6 wins there too if you want to compare a r34 with a vete go for the base model you'll find that they are more comparable
    --------------

I was comparing the base Corvette. Thats why I didnt mention acceleration.

7. Man u r stupid how can a corvette beat a skyline r34. U say R34 doesnt mean anything well go try playing Gran Turismo 2. Even though its a video game but it is very real. Be sides skyline is more popular that corvette. All vette is burnning rubber. But the skyline once it accelerate it goes it doesnt burn rubber to to waste time.
    So i say skyline is better. so boo ya ass hole.<!-- Signature -->

8. You actually believe that Gran Turismo 2 is a real life driving simulator? ROTFL. Aside from the fact that GT2 used year 8 old Corvettes and 3 year old Skylines (yeah, that makes a BIG difference), GT2 does nothing to simulate the actual parts of a car that the driver uses to control it accurately. The game doesnt allow you to not floor the car to prevent wheelspin. You cannot feel the car's response to the road or your driving, making it impossible to drive as you would in real life. The game lacks a clutch and proper gearboxes, and the areodynamic calculations are so far off that its not funny. Try getting up off your lazy ass, turn off the Playstation, and learn something for once.

9. yeah. Thats a good idea. Its fun and everything.......but dont act like they are real stats. <!-- Signature -->

10. uh huh. I used to think it was fast. Then I woke up.<!-- Signature -->

11. Vette wouldn't stand a chance!
    Compare the top spec models (the Zo6 is quite a bit dearer than the Skyline R34 M spec here in Australia - both grey imports).

Skyline makes over 300kws at the fly, runs a 12 sec quarter.
    Z06 makes 300 kw at the fly, runs under 13 sec quarter (apparently). Then of course you hit the first corner and it's all over for the vette. Seriously the GTR is one of the quickest track packages straight out of the box (especially the M spec), the vettes OK for an old skool tech yank muslce car but comeon! the Skyline would murder it!<!-- Signature -->

12. And has a stock Vette ever held a production car record for the Nurburgring racetrack (R33 GT-R (95 model): 7 min, 58sec)?

Don't bloody well think so! You yank boys sure have a lot to learn!<!-- Signature -->

13. The Corvette Z06 has awesome handling. You need to actually learn something about the car, it out corners the Acura NSX and Porsche 911 Cerarra 4/911 Turbo. And the fact that the Skyline is much heavier cant help either. This car hasnt been tested at Nurburing, so thats compeltely irrelevant. Based on performance tests, the Corvette should be able to hand the Skyline it's ass in every category.

14. good comparison. the Z06, correct me if im wrong, has better acceleration times, and possibly a better top speed and braking. now as for the skyline, it's traction and cornering is a little bit better than the vette's, simply because its got the AWD advantage. however, the funny part is that the skyline and the Z06 have the same lateral acceleration, so i would have 2 question on the overall handling on both the cars. and both of them are AWESOME cars.<!-- Signature -->

15. AWD doesnt really offer much of an advantage if your up against a person who knows how to handle the RWD car. AWD's real advantages are in low traction conditions and during sliding.

16. Vette Pro:
    It's like everyone in here is a Magazine writer! R34 handles alot better, LOL!

In fact the R34 has lapped the Nur, that is why the last year special edition GTR is called Nur. I believe the lap times for the R34 were in fact 20 sec. slower.... R34 does not make 300kws, if that is what 385 SAE hp, must be tuned, because the stock output was 276, or under 250kws, gentlemen's agreement, last time I checked. Best stats I've seen on R34 was 13.5 1/4 mile. best for Z06, 12.5 1/4 mile. <!-- Signature -->

17. I have seen no proof that the R34 handles better.... just that it has excellent handling.

Also, the Skyline makes closer to 330hp. The 276 is an understatement to comply with that agreement made between the Japanese manufactuers. Honda is the only one who even comes close to following, and even they are 14hp over.

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from hondabulldog</i>
    <b>Man u r stupid how can a corvette beat a skyline r34. U say R34 doesnt mean anything well go try playing Gran Turismo 2. Even though its a video game but it is very real. Be sides skyline is more popular that corvette. All vette is burnning rubber. But the skyline once it accelerate it goes it doesnt burn rubber to to waste time.
    So i say skyline is better. so boo ya ass hole.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well damn, how can you argue with that? I mean playing Grand Turismo 2 makes him an expert. Maybe I should go buy the game which would make me an expert. I mean why spend many thoundands of dollars going to various driving schools, and spend years of your life studying mathematics, physics, and every other required course for a degree in mechanical engineering when all you have to do is run out and buy Grand Turismo 2?

<!-- Signature -->

19. yea sir. not. the skyline is a pretty decent car for a ricer. its better than most civics but lets put it this way: it doesn't come close to beating the vette.<!-- Signature -->

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TIMMAHH</i>
    <b>And has a stock Vette ever held a production car record for the Nurburgring racetrack (R33 GT-R (95 model): 7 min, 58sec)?

Don't bloody well think so! You yank boys sure have a lot to learn!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Well, neither has the Skyline...So what are you trying to say?

21. I hope all you that brag about the R-34 having the porduction track record at the 'ring know that it was actually running around 450hp. It was proven after the run that it was tuned and hence not production.

Now my opinion on this (since all you peoples comments are basicly opinions, because numbers can mean very little on a race track). The Skyline is a great car, and so is the Z06. The Skyline is a crazy fast car with its four wheel steering and four wheel drive. All those that said a four wheel drive car will not handle as well as a rear wheel drive car are half right. Mostly the wieght penalty of the system is what makes the bad handling, but the ability to to power down where it is available is an advantage. The Skyline's four wheel drive system can make it handle like a rwd car, but once those front tires can take the force, it uses them. I personally think the vette would beat it, but it would be close, and none of really know for sure.