Re: Corvettes suck

Discussion in '2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe' started by FI50, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Corvettes suck

corvettes flip too easy and they crush like a can!!

2. They crush so you don't die. All cars crush. If you know how to drive, you don't: A. Flip your car B. Hit things. If you're gonna be smacking into stuff, get a 1983 Subaru. They're cheaper. Or a monster truck.<!-- Signature -->

3. f150 u need to go for a driving lessions.<!-- Signature -->

4. Hey your a freikin idiot!! they flip?!?! ah ha ha ha and you have f150 in your name!!?! buddy, they will pull a 1 G of the skid pad!! ah ha ha, your freikin retarted<!-- Signature -->

5. All of you that think these cars better get your thumb out of your ass and open your eyes. These have to be one of the coolest cars in the world. They dont flip easily. I got a black one of these and damn it hasn't come close to flipin. I'v only been in 3 accidents in this thing and a wheel barley came of the ground.

6. you people do know, that u can be a good driver and still have some one hit you?!?!?!?!? (helping F150 out, even if i do hate F150's)

vettes suck cuz they are too unreliable, and ulgy, they are too wide, and they have a WRX that is $11,000 cheaper then the non-Z06 vette, and has the same numbers, face it, domestic's just can't keep up...<!-- Signature -->

7. "Just drive the car...don't try
    and stand it on it's BLOODY ear"!!!!
    Grand Prix

8. the wrx wont beat or tie the vette. the wrx is a piece of crap and the vette will smoke it any day. as for being wide...its like that so you DONT flip. and if it does flip easily why does it have a faster slalom speed than any other car it goes up against. and they are not ugly the only people who say that are the idiots who think putting a bunch of crap on a civic looks good. japs are crap. corvettes rule!

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vettenut</i>
    <b>the wrx wont beat or tie the vette. the wrx is a piece of crap and the vette will smoke it any day. as for being wide...its like that so you DONT flip. and if it does flip easily why does it have a faster slalom speed than any other car it goes up against. and they are not ugly the only people who say that are the idiots who think putting a bunch of crap on a civic looks good. japs are crap. corvettes rule!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree entirly. Stupid Subaru is no comparison too a vette. I mean common are you kidding.

The Subaru has a turbo on it. The vette does not come with a turbo hence it is an aftermarket addon which will get you upwards of 550 hp. Try to even come close to a turbo Vette with your wimpy Subaru. The vette is no turbo charged economy car. I think you got things a little backwards.<!-- Signature -->

10. WRXs are great cars in their own right, and so are corvettes. Comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges so it's completely futile.

First the WRX is a sedan, the vette is a coupe. The WRX is a turboed 4wd car, the Vette is an all motor, RWD monster. The WRX is designed for rallying and playing in the mud, the Vette is made for going insanely fast in a straight line. The WRX is priced way cheaper than the Vette. How can you compare these two, rather impossible in my opinion.

That being said, I would absolutely love having both cars in my garage.

11. No they don't. I am very hard to please, and the Corvette is one of the VERY few American cars that appeal to me.
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vettenut</i>
    <b>the wrx wont beat or tie the vette. the wrx is a piece of crap and the vette will smoke it any day. as for being wide...its like that so you DONT flip. and if it does flip easily why does it have a faster slalom speed than any other car it goes up against. and they are not ugly the only people who say that are the idiots who think putting a bunch of crap on a civic looks good. japs are crap. corvettes rule!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    As for you, Japs aren't crap. Let me ask you a question - have you ever driven a Japanese car before? Ah, I thought so. You wouldn't know. You probably have a Civic, that's why. I think I saw it on a website somewhere. Nice stickers, but Civic Type-Rs are hatchbacks, and its spelled VTEC, not VTEK.<!-- Signature -->

12. #12 imnotmaranelloboy, Aug 14, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    "Safety-Cage Construction-

A high-strength steel safety cage (with reinforced floor, body sills and pillars, and steel sided door beems) surrounds the Corvette passenger compartment."

"Energy-Absorbing Structure-

In a collision, front and rear crush zones are designed to crumple at a controlled rate, and the power train is designed to be displaced, enhancing energy absorbtion."

Quoted from "advanced safety demonstration" at http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/index_safety.htm

Also, the Corvette can pull 1.0 G with BF Goodrich Z rated tires. This due to it's low center of balance, extraordinary grip, and world class balancing engineering. This means that it won't flip very easily.

Have a nice day.

13. umm.... wow, where to start. First off, vettes are not un reliable, theyre wide for a reason. As far as the price goes, its been one of the best cars for the money for almost 4 years. Honestly, anyone who knows anything about cars and racing would never rag on corvette. Just because youre bias doesnt change reality. as for your signature...
    Porsche is no the best sports car out there, yes they make great cars but the best? Hardly.
    Audi, also great cars, but the best luxury car? what planet are you from.
    Toyota, makes great cars and great trucks, the new tacomas are very nice. But they arent made as a working mans truck. American trucks are the best for towing and hualing crap around. there is no comparison. American trucks are made for... well what trucks are made for.

Seriously... Dont come in here spouting off BS, maybe youll win over a few people that dont know much about cars, and they in turn start to make sh!t up. Youre not helping the situation. Bias does not change reality plain and simple.