Re: Did ford buy lamborghini?

Discussion in '2002 Lamborghini Murciélago' started by G20, Aug 10, 2002.

1. “Lamborghini was an old tractor manufactorer in Modena (where Ferrari has its main offices). The owner of Lamborghini wasn't satisfied with a Ferrari he had bought and Ferrari wouldn't build a car to his specifications so he build one of his own.”. No one truly knows what’s behind the decision of Ferruccio Lamborghini building his first car. Most of the people think that a Ferrari bought by Ferruccio had a noise on the gearbox, he went to complain to Enzo, and Enzo eventually said something like “Go build you tractors, and let me build sports car”. But no one knows if that was what really happened.

Also Lamborghini his part of the VW group, but Audi his in charge of Lamborghini. This can clearly be seen in the Murciélago design, where the hand of Audi his evident.

I was under the impression that Toyota was the third biggest car manufacturer in the world.

2. I still don’t know where people get the impression that exist a Lamborghini Murciélago GT-R. The closest thing that people will get to see a Lamborghini Murciélago GT-R is through artwork from artists

3. I had the same impression that Toyota was the third largest until I checked the figures in Forbes Magazine. Toyota had been passed as the worlds third largest car company after the merger between Chrysler and Daimler-Mercedes, so VW is down to fifth.

As for Audis impact on the Murceliago I've read several tests of the Murceliago where testdrivers say that it's the best Lamborghini to date, and it has become easier to drive (you don't have to fight the car to change gears anymore).

The VW group are developing several supercars for the moment:
    * VW Nardo which looks a lot like the Murceliago but with an tuned down version of the W16 beast of engine from Bugatti Veyron. And I cannot understand why they haven't put it on this site as it has beaten the world record for 24h racing with a average speed of 320 km/h or so.
    * Audi Rosemayer - an Audi TT on steroids
    * Bentley Hunderiares - yes, they are going to build it. One of the most beautifull cars I've ever seen.
    * Bugatti Veyron

I am not sure whether we are going to see VW engines in Lamborghinis or if they are going to put Lamborghini engines in their other brands. Timne will show. What is clear is that a VW will be a dominant player in the supercar market.

4. lol yeah.