Re: Do any chicks post on this board?

Discussion in '2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible' started by May Spin, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Skylines rule</i>
    <b>How can you say a corvette doesn't cut it in the musclecar world because it has no back seat?! you know nothing about musclecars! They don't need an extra seat to qualify in a class, the Corvette is one of the most original musclecars out there!They have been for around 40 years now aswell and no-one has ever said anything about them to say they aren't musclecars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yes, I know a little about muscle cars. Obviously you don't.

The advent of the big-block engine in the early 1960s is responsible for creating the total muscle-car concept, and with it the name itself, muscle-car. Take a big-block V8, created for the full-size passenger car, drop it into a newly introduced series of mid-sized sedans (with back seats) and you have a muscle car. The Pontiac Tempest, the Chevrolet Chevelle, the Buick Skylark and the Ford Fairlane were the first to try this simple formula.

The big blocks were then placed in the Corvettes in the mid 1960. They took on the the muscle car engine, but were still considered sports cars (2 seats).
    <!-- Signature -->

2. Muscle cars have divisions, youve got the Pony cars (vettes, mustangs, F-bodys), the Traditionals (Cudas, Chevelles, Fairlane GT), and then my personal favorites the Lead Sleds (Impala, Galaxy, 300 series). To say its a muscle car and compare it on the same plater as the 60's and 70's versions is kinda difficult. But it hasnt left its roots and the muscle car still lives....Its just gotten more refined with age.<!-- Signature -->

3. Do any chicks post on this board?

I thought I'd find out if there were any females who post on this site by posting on the most chick-car on the list. Corvette Convertible? Gimme a break! You don't make convertible muscle cars...the open air is reserved for exotics, roadsters, and rental cars (LeBaron, Camry Solara, etc.). Muscle cars should stick to the one thing they do well: going fast.<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LanciaDeltaIntegraleS4</i>
    <b>I thought I'd find out if there were any females who post on this site by posting on the most chick-car on the list. Corvette Convertible? Gimme a break! You don't make convertible muscle cars...the open air is reserved for exotics, roadsters, and rental cars (LeBaron, Camry Solara, etc.). Muscle cars should stick to the one thing they do well: going fast.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I thought I would follow you around a bit and see what else you had to say.

I can appreciate your point, but Corvettes are not muscle cars. The engine and transmission is the only similarity it has with it's f-body cousins which are muscle cars. A muscle car by definition needs to have a rear seat.

If you make them, they will come, is going to be the manufactures reasoning.
    <!-- Signature -->

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from May Spin</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LanciaDeltaIntegraleS4</i>
    <b>I thought I'd find out if there were any females who post on this site by posting on the most chick-car on the list. Corvette Convertible? Gimme a break! You don't make convertible muscle cars...the open air is reserved for exotics, roadsters, and rental cars (LeBaron, Camry Solara, etc.). Muscle cars should stick to the one thing they do well: going fast.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I thought I would follow you around a bit and see what else you had to say.

I can appreciate your point, but Corvettes are not muscle cars. The engine and transmission is the only similarity it has with it's f-body cousins which are muscle cars. A muscle car by definition needs to have a rear seat.

If you make them, they will come, is going to be the manufactures reasoning.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

How can you say a corvette doesn't cut it in the musclecar world because it has no back seat?! you know nothing about musclecars! They don't need an extra seat to qualify in a class, the Corvette is one of the most original musclecars out there!They have been for around 40 years now aswell and no-one has ever said anything about them to say they aren't musclecars.<!-- Signature -->

6. who gives they r redneckmobiles

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Skylines rule</i>
    <bHow can you say a corvette doesn't cut it in the musclecar world because it has no back seat?! you know nothing about musclecars! They don't need an extra seat to qualify in a class, the Corvette is one of the most original musclecars out there!They have been for around 40 years now aswell and no-one has ever said anything about them to say they aren't musclecars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yes I know a little about muscle cars.

The advent of the big-block engine in the early 1960s is responsible for creating the total muscle-car concept, and with it the name itself, muscle-car. Take a big-block V8, created for the full-size passenger car, drop it into a newly introduced series of mid-sized sedans and you have a muscle car. The Pontiac Tempest, the Chevrolet Chevelle, the Buick Skylark and the Ford Fairlane were the first to try this simple formula.

The big blocks were then placed in the Corvettes in the mid 1960. They took on the the muscle car engine, but were still considered sports cars (2 seats).

<!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lawman9C1</i>
    <b>Muscle cars have divisions, youve got the Pony cars (vettes, mustangs, F-bodys), the Traditionals (Cudas, Chevelles, Fairlane GT), and then my personal favorites the Lead Sleds (Impala, Galaxy, 300 series). To say its a muscle car and compare it on the same plater as the 60's and 70's versions is kinda difficult. But it hasnt left its roots and the muscle car still lives....Its just gotten more refined with age.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    vette isnt pony. pony cars are camaro (thats the redneck car not the vette) mustang, firebird, those cars. and a muscle car is a pretty much bare car inside with a really big engine for a respectible price.

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from barney88</i>
    <b>who gives they r redneckmobiles</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey i resent that i own one, that would be stereotyping and that shows how primitive ur way of thinking is, I suggest that b4 u post anythin that u grow up a bit<!-- Signature -->

10. or get out of texas and stop beating your wife/sister and stop inbreeding!!!!!

11. no they're not, they cars for people who think they are driving a cool and fast car. A viper RT/10 is a cool, fast car. But this isn't.

12. god how many vettes are there???

13. doesnt matter how many there are. they will still sell. in america anyway. i think they sold about 5 in the UK last year. just a couple of grand over the price you guys pay. surprise? i think not. i know what the vette has to go against over here. you can go faster for cheaper. and i dont mean just in a straight line.