Re: Do not compare a peice of garbage (Z06) to this please.!!!

Discussion in '2002 Porsche 911 GT2' started by Ferrari4ever123, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Do not compare a peice of garbage (Z06) to this please.!!!

Stop comparing everything to the stupid Corvette Z06 please!!!

Almost every exotic car forum on this site I see "xxx Vs. Corvette"

is this all you can muster up?....the Z06 is not a bad car...but it isn't praise worthy either..

Calm down....

And with all due respect you can't compare that POS to a car of this caliber......

2. 1.)Creating threads like this is the best way to get people to compare these two cars.

2.)It's an excellent comparison. The Z06 beat the 996tt by 2 sec./lap on two different tracks. The lap times for this car should be pretty close to the Z06. Reliability is the biggest disadvantage that the Z06 has compared to this car. If that makes it a piece of garbage, then Ferraris must be worse than garbage. BTW, I love Ferraris, probably more than you do.<!-- Signature -->

3. REALLY??? did the Z06 beat the 996TT by 2 seconds, im pretty sure your talking about the 996 Carrera plz prove this to us before making an outragous statement like that, and if it is true good for the vette you ignorant shits have got to stop thinking that performance is all that makes a good car, go drive a 996TT and a Z06 then tell me that the Z06 then see how much more fun a 996TT is.<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from shefx</i>
    <b>REALLY??? did the Z06 beat the 996TT by 2 seconds, im pretty sure your talking about the 996 Carrera plz prove this to us before making an outragous statement like that, and if it is true good for the vette you ignorant shits have got to stop thinking that performance is all that makes a good car, go drive a 996TT and a Z06 then tell me that the Z06 then see how much more fun a 996TT is.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    1.)The lap times have been posted a million times.

2.)Have you driven them both?

3.)What's with the name calling? Do the lap times upset you THAT much?<!-- Signature -->

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mpg</i>
    <b>1.)Creating threads like this is the best way to get people to compare these two cars.

2.)It's an excellent comparison. The Z06 beat the 996tt by 2 sec./lap on two different tracks. The lap times for this car should be pretty close to the Z06. Reliability is the biggest disadvantage that the Z06 has compared to this car. If that makes it a piece of garbage, then Ferraris must be worse than garbage. BTW, I love Ferraris, probably more than you do.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

There is no way in hell that a Vette beat a twin turbo 996....

that must have been the NA 3.6L 911.....

no way you love Ferrari's more than me...not possible

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari4ever123</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mpg</i>
    <b>1.)Creating threads like this is the best way to get people to compare these two cars.

2.)It's an excellent comparison. The Z06 beat the 996tt by 2 sec./lap on two different tracks. The lap times for this car should be pretty close to the Z06. Reliability is the biggest disadvantage that the Z06 has compared to this car. If that makes it a piece of garbage, then Ferraris must be worse than garbage. BTW, I love Ferraris, probably more than you do.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

There is no way in hell that a Vette beat a twin turbo 996....

that must have been the NA 3.6L 911.....

no way you love Ferrari's more than me...not possible</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    You forced me to go to my recycling bin. BTW, Porsche chose Hurley Haywood to drive the 996tt. He's one of their winningest drivers (I'm assuming you're not a racing fan). Guibo posted the lap times for the other track. The results were similar.

You said "no way" to the truth.<!-- Signature -->

7. enzo ferrari's dream has been fulfilled...
    unlike that gay porsche guy....
    -gino italiano

8. Sorry, forgot the pic. Here it is.<!-- Signature -->

9. Zo6 is by no means a piece of garbage<!-- Signature -->

10. I can't upload the scan but it's in the September 2001 Car and Driver.<!-- Signature -->

11. Corvette Z06 is fast but ugly and like all muscle cars, have horrible reliability! Porsche GT 2 is a fine work of art and extremely exclusive. Everyday I see about 10 pieces of Vette trash! Um... compared to GT2... How many do you see each day? Exactly... In other words you pay the $180,000 because you can afford it and because you like the feel and look of a European sports car. Anybody who buys a GT2, Ferrari, Aston Martin,... can afford a crappy Z06! But remember a Z06 is common and fast, but has very bad handling as opposed to a GT2! So don't compare a damn domestic to a European Sports car because they are friggin different!!!! Z06= ugly, GT2= Graceful If you also tell me that a Ferrari 360 Modena is ugly... you are helpless! I can live without a trashy Chevy Z06! Trust me you won't get second glances if you drive one... So back off comparing a damn DOMESTIC to a refined European Sports car!

-=[IMCC]=- ImportLegend

12. hey IMCC import, yes I agree that the porsche GT2 is much better than the Zo6 in looks and performance but you can't say that all European cars are better than domestics. Take the viper...it sure as hell looks good and it performs well too. Now dont' get me wrong, I love porsches and other european cars, but some domestics can kick some ass too.

13. oh yeah and how many vipers do you see on the road everyday?? You'll definitely get some second glances with one of those.

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from IMCC ImportLegend</i>
    <b>Corvette Z06 is fast but ugly and like all muscle cars, have horrible reliability! Porsche GT 2 is a fine work of art and extremely exclusive. Everyday I see about 10 pieces of Vette trash! Um... compared to GT2... How many do you see each day? Exactly... In other words you pay the $180,000 because you can afford it and because you like the feel and look of a European sports car. Anybody who buys a GT2, Ferrari, Aston Martin,... can afford a crappy Z06! But remember a Z06 is common and fast, but has very bad handling as opposed to a GT2! So don't compare a damn domestic to a European Sports car because they are friggin different!!!! Z06= ugly, GT2= Graceful If you also tell me that a Ferrari 360 Modena is ugly... you are helpless! I can live without a trashy Chevy Z06! Trust me you won't get second glances if you drive one... So back off comparing a damn DOMESTIC to a refined European Sports car!

-=[IMCC]=- ImportLegend</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> I don't see your handling stats, and the Z06's appearance is subjective, you may not like it, but i certainly do. That is not a fact. And the Z06 is not 'trashy.' And if you 'don't get second glances,' you sure will when you run right with the GT2 at the light. <!-- Signature -->

15. How ignorant are you to think that a CHEVY can out HANDLE A PORSCHE???!!! 'nuff said.

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from IMCC Supraman</i>
    <b>How ignorant are you to think that a CHEVY can out HANDLE A PORSCHE???!!! 'nuff said. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    This toddler won't be back.<!-- Signature -->

17. Ok you idiot! You don't mess with me and my brother! Second, your post doesn't make any sense! Thank God you're not in the Journalism industry cuz if you were you would be the "toddler thats not coming back!"

'nuff said
    -=[IMCC]=- ImportLegend
    (you got owned once again by the -=[IMCC]=- so its best that u sit down!)

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from IMCC Supraman</i>
    <b>How ignorant are you to think that a CHEVY can out HANDLE A PORSCHE???!!! 'nuff said. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> When did I say 'outhandle,' how stupid are you to not be able to read properly? I said I don't see your handing stats, car and driver raves on the Z06 and its active handling system, it pulls 1.02g's on the skidpad (I believe in the wet), which is nothing small. I wasn't claiming that it will outhandle a porsche, it shouldn't, considering a porsche has much less weight and better weight distribution, if a corvette outhandled the porsche that would be amazing. I just asked to see his stats, b/c the corvette has excellent handling. Read BEFORE you reply. <!-- Signature -->

19. Actually, the Z06 is lighter and has better weight distribution. Knowing about lap times is the opposite of ignorance. That guy had it backwards when he used the word "ignorant". He's obviously not a racing fan.<!-- Signature -->

20. mpg, What track did the Z06 outlap the 996TT? Because on the Nurburgring that isn't so, The 996TT was faster around there than the Z06 and the GT2 was farther faster than the 996TT on that track so when you say the Z06 has faster lap times I would like to know where?

21. BugattiEB110SS

Here's a scan and Guibo posted a similar result on another track. I wasn't aware that the Z06 was tested at the Ring. What was it's time? Was it the same day as the 996tt? Who were the drivers?<!-- Signature -->

22. zo6 is lighter ? wow, i did not know that... <!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from hsckris</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from IMCC Supraman</i>
    <b>How ignorant are you to think that a CHEVY can out HANDLE A PORSCHE???!!! 'nuff said. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> When did I say 'outhandle,' how stupid are you to not be able to read properly? I said I don't see your handing stats, car and driver raves on the Z06 and its active handling system, it pulls 1.02g's on the skidpad (I believe in the wet), which is nothing small. I wasn't claiming that it will outhandle a porsche, it shouldn't, considering a porsche has much less weight and better weight distribution, if a corvette outhandled the porsche that would be amazing. I just asked to see his stats, b/c the corvette has excellent handling. Read BEFORE you reply. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

a good skidpad test means good grip , not handling !!!

24. good grip is the base for good handling stability finishes that off the vette has as evo put it the best stability control in the world the zo6 as of yet hasnt been tested at the nurburgring track but it will probably run sub 8 minute laps and the zo6 weighs 3117 lbs to thiscars 3175 so they are closethey average the same time 0-60 about 4.1 seconds and where on a course will they use top speed these two cars are alot closer than you think but i feel the gt2 would still win but only because of its horse power advantage.<!-- Signature -->

25. and the fact it was born on the ring, and that its based from a company that designs some of the best race cars around (GT3). And the fact its got a rear engine layout and rear drive basis it better for around a track. I'd put my money on the GT2. No doubt.