Re: Does anyone that posts on Supercars.net have anything good o

Discussion in '1959 Chevrolet Corvette' started by w4ngfU, Aug 9, 2002.

1. one thing MAB, this is not an attack, just an observation. you have made a valid point that i entirely agree with. another thing, you're smart and amusing, two traits i do not encounter much on this web site and others. thank you<!-- Signature -->

2. LOL. Thank you for the compliments WaNgFu. You are right in the first of your 2 posts that I did seem to sink to their level. What was going through my mind at the time was that what I was doing was different from their bitching, because, unlike them, I was actually trying to do something about what I didn't like istead of just whining about it. I was trying to make people think. The problem with my post was this: I should have waited until I calmed down and got my thoughts together instead of writing while my aggravation was fresh. That was a mistake on my part. I guess I let my 18-year-old testosterone get the best of me. LOL. But hey, we are only human, right? :eek:) In any case, thanks again for the compliments. See ya round on the boards.

3. I know this has nothing to do with the topic but WHY THE HECK IS A TRUCK DOIN' ON SUPERCARS.NET!!!??

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from NoLimitRacing</i>
    <b>If its so bad on here stay off the site, you shouldn't be talking. You said that we should respect everyones opinions, well maybe my opinion about a car is that it sucks, sue me. Your post was nothing but you opinion and your opinion was nothing more then you bitching and moaning. Didn't think you'd end up eating your words did you? Shut the #$%# cause at least when everyone else *****'s its about the actual cars. Your the only person so far to post atacking just the people on the board.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I am not eating my words. I made my point and you just helped me prove it. I didn't say that you couldn't say the car sucks. I said to back it up. If you have a point, prove it. You can say that I am a dumb #$%#ing hypocrite if you want to, but back it up. If you need me to explain this concept, then here is an example.

Assertion: You are a dumbass.

Support 1: You use comma splices, run-on sentences, and wrong words, proving that you can't punctuate or write properly, thus demonstrating your ignorance.

Support 2: You can't use your own words. Instead, you have to take phrases that I use and type them into your post, simply redirecting what I said toward me, which demonstrates your lack of originality.

Support 3: You failed to provide evidence for your argument, meaning that you just stated it and it meant nothing. This means that you lack the skills to argue effectively.

Support 4: There were many more significant weak spots in my first post that you failed to notice, such as my use of capitalization, which in no way made my argument more valid. It just expressed my emotion. The fact that you failed to pick up on this proves that you have very little or no powers of observation.

Support 5: Your use of the rhetorical question was weak. You did not further your argument. Instead you fell into a trap, setting yourself up to get smacked down by me. You tried to employ a tool that you are not capable of using effectively. Thus, you fail to even make allowances for your own limits as a writer.

Conclusion: You need not get in over your head. In order to save face, stay out of arguments that you can't win, because, as I said before, you are a dumbass.

Do you get the picture now? I hope so. Feel free to respond, but before you do, here is a test of whether or not you will say something too stupid to write again:
    If you are a really severe dumbass, you wouldn't have noticed the rich tongue-in-cheek tone of this post. That is, of course, until I just now pointed it out to you.
    By the way, I wasn't attacking people on the board in general, just people like you who ruin the fun for everyone else. There are alot of cool people with smart things to say. You just apparently aren't one of them.

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 911T1388</i>
    <b>All the hell half u guys ever do is *****! the dude is right all people do on here is friggin ***** and moan!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->That is a mighty nice metallic yellow M3 you go posted there, 911. I like your taste. :)

6. I must agree, many of those who post replies do so just to impose thier opinions on others. To put things into perspective, we are talking about car's here, there are many things that are more important than cars. But that's just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt if you must.

7. wow, MAB, by bitching, you have sunk to their level..think about it...in the meantime, i will talk about the truck:
    I am normally a fan of chrysler's concepts, but this is something utterly grotesque in design, reminiscent of the diahatsu mini (if that shows up, the site should change its name from Supercars to Everycar). I guess if this is the future of the automobile, i will deal with it and take it in stride, somewhat like the death of the F-body. but i will continue to drive v8 gas sucking, rwd cars of the previous several decades, unless those are outlawed..peace<!-- Signature -->

8. Does anyone that posts on Supercars.net have anything good or co

Seriously, most of what I read on threads on this site is bitching, pissing, and moaning. It is really aggravating to see so many apparent dumbasses allowed to post such stupid shit. Whenever someone has something good to say about a car, an entourage of stupid #$%#ing assholes inevitably has to shoot their opinions down with the maximum amount of disrespect and condescension possible.

Aside to the people who do what I just described:
    WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR FUCKING PROBLEM??? WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE AN OMNISCENT, OMNIPOTENT CAR GOD AND THAT NO ONE ELSE'S OPINION MEANS SHIT??? DO YOU EVER FUCKING HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT ANYTHING, OR DO YOU JUST SLUDGE THROUGH LIFE BITCHING ABOUT EVERYTHING???

For future reference, if what you are going to say is not constructive or smart, or does not make concessions to other people's opinions, then don't post at all. This is a site for sharing opinions, not putting others down.
    For everyone to whom this criticizm does not apply, I apologize for having wasted your time. Hopefully, I was defending your interest. Thank you.

9. If its so bad on here stay off the site, you shouldn't be talking. You said that we should respect everyones opinions, well maybe my opinion about a car is that it sucks, sue me. Your post was nothing but you opinion and your opinion was nothing more then you bitching and moaning. Didn't think you'd end up eating your words did you? Shut the #$%# cause at least when everyone else *****'s its about the actual cars. Your the only person so far to post atacking just the people on the board.<!-- Signature -->

10. wow
    your both so #$%#in right
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOO???????

11. All the hell half u guys ever do is *****! the dude is right all people do on here is friggin ***** and moan!

12. #12 CHEVYRULES, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LegendNH</i>
    <b>don't worry guys we are getting more mods soon and this problem will be fixed. I have been deleting a lot of peoples garbage some have even been banned. You can't just say a car sucks, give reasons and don't say anything over and over. It's very annoying and you might get banned for that.

I don't have time to check all the forums but I am comming around here more often. I see crap I will delete it. The person who started this thread is right and the second person who posted is correct to. Many of you post crap and the mods and admins are really getting sick of it. In the meantime the people who try to inform us and just like to talk about cars, please go to the old forums. Mods are there all the time. Here is a link to it:

http://www.supercars.net/Msg?viewForums=y

all the people who acutally want to inform others and talk about cars then go here, there are plenty of mods around there and not many people post bs.

But if some of you keep it up like saying statements like: "american cars ####### suck" or something like that over and over you will be banned. You won't even have a say in it. You will just be banned. If you still continue instead of banning the user we will ban the IP address so that person will never come back here. We are all sick of it. This is a good thread and he means well to these forums.

You see the link pasted? well if you have a problem with a user just click that link go to the webforum and tell us about it. We will get right to work to see if this user needs to be banned.

We are adding more features to this site to help our mods control this crap you guys are posting.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Good job Lengend! u do great mod-like work.<!-- Signature -->

13. LegendNH, thanks for the link, man. I am checking it out right now. :eek:) I once again apologize to everyone for getting a little carried away on my first post. I was just really aggravated. As for my second post (the sarcastic one), I just had stand up for myself. Plus, I thought it would be funny and give some viewers a laugh. :eek:) Anyways, it is strictly car talk from here on out. Happy posting everyone. :eek:D

14. As for the Dodge M80 concept, there are some things I like about it, and some things I don't. Here are my thoughts:

--As far as monetary (money) concerns go, I think the design is smart. People want what they can afford. And with the comparison of market price to production cost, if this truck were to go into production and be sold successfully, the company would see a nice, healthy return-on-investment.

--The suspension isn't too bad for the price, and the truck has a descent amount of power (210 base hp) and torque (235 ft-lbs). However, the power-size ratio (bhp/liter) of 56.76 leaves something to be desired.

--Visually, the truck is not very pleasing. In my opinion, this is the truck's weakest area. The squared-off plastic fenders and minimal curves (or, should I say, lack thereof) give the truck a boxy, almost cheap, "toyish" look, which could greatly reduce sales. However, this could easily be amended, since the body was the least expensive part of the vehicle to make.

--I am not sure what the safety rating is on this truck, but I imagine not very high,considering what it is made of. It is true that most supercars are not built for safety, LOL, but considering the target market for this type of vehicle, I think that it could be a serious issue.

Overall, I think that the truck would most likely be fun to drive in the hills and on the back roads, as long as it didn't fall apart on you, but Dodge still has a significant amount of design work to do before the M80 should go into production.
    What does everyone else think?

15. I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE GUY THAT STARTED THIS FORUM. BECAUSE EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK PEOPLE ARE DISSING DECENT CARS JUST TO PUT IN THEIR TWO CENTS WORTH. AND MANY OF THOSE PEOPLE ARE JEALOUS THAT THEY CANT AFFORD A CAR SO THEY START DISSING IT LIKE ITS SHIT. MOST OF THESE PEOPLE DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CARS BUT JUST RUN THEIR MOUTHS ON SUPERCAR FORUMS BITCHING ABOUT CARS JUST TO SOUND COOL AND SMART.

I APOLOGIZE TO ALL OF YOU WHO ARE TRUE CAR ENTHUSIASTS AND KNOW A DESCENT AMOUNT OF INFORMATION ABOUT GOOD CARS.

SO, IF YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CARS THEN STAY OFF THIS FUCKING WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

16. #16 IMPREZA 1, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    don't worry guys we are getting more mods soon and this problem will be fixed. I have been deleting a lot of peoples garbage some have even been banned. You can't just say a car sucks, give reasons and don't say anything over and over. It's very annoying and you might get banned for that.

I don't have time to check all the forums but I am comming around here more often. I see crap I will delete it. The person who started this thread is right and the second person who posted is correct to. Many of you post crap and the mods and admins are really getting sick of it. In the meantime the people who try to inform us and just like to talk about cars, please go to the old forums. Mods are there all the time. Here is a link to it:

http://www.supercars.net/Msg?viewForums=y

all the people who acutally want to inform others and talk about cars then go here, there are plenty of mods around there and not many people post bs.

But if some of you keep it up like saying statements like: "american cars ####### suck" or something like that over and over you will be banned. You won't even have a say in it. You will just be banned. If you still continue instead of banning the user we will ban the IP address so that person will never come back here. We are all sick of it. This is a good thread and he means well to these forums.

You see the link pasted? well if you have a problem with a user just click that link go to the webforum and tell us about it. We will get right to work to see if this user needs to be banned.

We are adding more features to this site to help our mods control this crap you guys are posting.<!-- Signature -->

17. dude MAB062183 the reason so many peoplebitch on this website is because they dont have the balls like you and me to say it face to face, but this is an opinion website and carlovers wanna discuss car buisness
    <!-- Signature -->

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from USRACING</i>
    <b>I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE GUY THAT STARTED THIS FORUM. BECAUSE EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK PEOPLE ARE DISSING DECENT CARS JUST TO PUT IN THEIR TWO CENTS WORTH. AND MANY OF THOSE PEOPLE ARE JEALOUS THAT THEY CANT AFFORD A CAR SO THEY START DISSING IT LIKE ITS SHIT. MOST OF THESE PEOPLE DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CARS BUT JUST RUN THEIR MOUTHS ON SUPERCAR FORUMS BITCHING ABOUT CARS JUST TO SOUND COOL AND SMART.

I APOLOGIZE TO ALL OF YOU WHO ARE TRUE CAR ENTHUSIASTS AND KNOW A DESCENT AMOUNT OF INFORMATION ABOUT GOOD CARS.

SO, IF YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CARS THEN STAY OFF THIS FUCKING WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Please turn off your caps lock. And yes, many in the individual car forums are morons, but go to the main forums and the opposite is true.<!-- Signature -->

19. When Dodge pioneered the "big rig" design into production pickups, it was a revolution. Now that most other car companies have borrowed the same theme of design, the Chrysler Corp., and specifically Dodge is challenged to push their own design to remain different, as their ad campaign proclaims, "Dodge, Different". The 1/2 acre crosshair grille has grown to gargantuan proportions, witness the MAXXCab and the other Hemi-powered wagon concept (can't think of the name). But I think Dodge has gone a little far with the Matchbox styling. It resembles a Mitsubishi Joy Pop Turbo/amalgamation of whatever kinky Japanese name, for Pete's sake. If Dodge can boot the toyish skin and don something a tad more modern and masculine, then I think this beastie can go somewhere. Instead of the tack-on shoulder pad fenders, maybe they can widen the body overall, and pull it tight around the wheel wells. Also, a shortening of the Whitehouse-fence grille might work too. Everything else I think works. But it's not original at all, which is a shame, where Chrysler's concepts are visually different from almost anything else. Oh well, this is only one.<!-- Signature -->

20. I feel basically that none of those who keep on bitching and abusing each other has any sens nor any manners. I feel you sould behave,thats all. This is a forum for discussing cars. Not fo spewing venom. So all you homophobics,racists and sickos please take your frustration somewhere else. We all will really appreciate it.

21. There are only 3 main points I really want to make here.

1.This is the Dodge M80 Concept forum, for those of you who would like to bicker about the various reasons why this forum sucks/blows etc.. go to the website discussion forum. Some people are interested in talking about this truck.

2.This also isn't an english 101 class, I suppose if you want to dissect every single clause and sentence of another member's writings, go ahead, but I don't see what accusing someone of comma splicing really does to their self esteem.

3.Plain and simple, if you don't like it ignore it or get out.

22. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MAB062183</i>
    <b>Seriously, most of what I read on threads on this site is bitching, pissing, and moaning. It is really aggravating to see so many apparent dumbasses allowed to post such stupid shit. Whenever someone has something good to say about a car, an entourage of stupid #$%#ing assholes inevitably has to shoot their opinions down with the maximum amount of disrespect and condescension possible.

Aside to the people who do what I just described:
    WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR FUCKING PROBLEM??? WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE AN OMNISCENT, OMNIPOTENT CAR GOD AND THAT NO ONE ELSE'S OPINION MEANS SHIT??? DO YOU EVER FUCKING HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT ANYTHING, OR DO YOU JUST SLUDGE THROUGH LIFE BITCHING ABOUT EVERYTHING???

For future reference, if what you are going to say is not constructive or smart, or does not make concessions to other people's opinions, then don't post at all. This is a site for sharing opinions, not putting others down.
    For everyone to whom this criticizm does not apply, I apologize for having wasted your time. Hopefully, I was defending your interest. Thank you.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

well that wasn't a smart post either I guess...
    but indeed... I think I see your point, some people just make up their arguments out of nowhere... it really pisses you off at times, but then you realize these guys... are just a bunch of 14y/o's criticizing the cars they "drive" in their videogames like Gran Turismo etc...

<!-- Signature -->

23. all you guys are doing are bitching yourselves<!-- Signature -->

24. MAB062183, your totally right. I agree with everything you've said in this post.

Finally someone speaks their mind......
    <!-- Signature -->