Re: Don't u think American + Korean cars are trash ?

Discussion in '2002 Cadillac Cien Concept' started by SRB The Punisher, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Buko</i>
    <b>America is the only country to never have had its continetal shores invaded and we have made the deciding moves in both world wars. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Canada's continental shores have never been invaded either, loudmouth. You speak as if you had a hand in all these marvellous things. No one will argue that America's economy has historically been the strongest, militarily, industrially....huge place in the global markets and whatnot. No one is arguing that. However, don't act like you and your family had anything to do with it. So what if you happen to have been born on the same piece of land as some of the most influental leaders and businessmen....you yourself haven't done jack shit! The US of A is great, and history would have unfolded much differently without them. I'm a die-hard patriotic Canadian, but I'm smart enough to realize that we wouldn't even be a country if not for the US. But that doesn't mean that you're not a jackass. Shut your mouth until you have something to shout about, and stop taking credit for other American's achievments. And yes, some of you are real cocky little shits, funny thing is you have nothing to be cocky about. What have you done to be cocky about, huh? What, you were born in America? Big whoop. Do something worthwhile with your life and then you can be cocky about that.

2. and what does having your country's shores being invaded have to do with cars?

3. 457 cu inch V12 engine... this thing will cost.... 200k damn it. its a beautiful car... raelly it is... <!-- Signature -->

4. I think that Hyundai car is nicely executed and offers a lot more, for less tan most competitors, uhm its funny how Korean automakers are putting the same formula Japanese used when they begun selling its cars in the US not so long ago, selling cheap (mildy) reliable cars with more equipment and better coverage guaranty that the competition... Huyndai seems to be ready to take the next step though, not only with this XG350 car but with the new HC VII luxury sedan concept displayed at Chicago, they seem to be moving toward anupscale Korean marque...

uhhm which brings me to this Cadillac and the fact the American company is also trying to position itself as a "standard of the world once again" lately, their concepts have shown how capable they are of achieving this. And not only the concepts, just take a look at the CTS its as capable as a Bimmer 3 or 5, M-B C or E, but for a lot less $ <!-- Signature -->

5. ince were tlking about how powerful the U.S. economy is I'd just like to say this,

If New York State was a seprate country from the U.S. it would be the 8th largest economy in the world!

Behols the power, does anyone notcie how the U.S. seems to have to sort thew al the problems in the world and sove them and how we get asked for help?<!-- Signature -->

6. Fat Tony: you think american cars suc? i think you shuold shut your mouth!

Punisher: i think your sick. "i love killing......" whats up with that?

but dont get mad at me becuse of what i think of you.

any way. i think this cadilac is awsome lookig. and thats all ive got to say on the matter. <!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Fat Tony</i>
    <b>i never liked American or Korean cars , they were never reliable , no matter how much u take care of them , they just never stop breakingdown........maybe im being a little harsh ,but ok , SOME american cars are good , but thats like every 2 out of 10 , but now about the Korean cars.......i have no comment , they just suck ass</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Not all American cars suck, there are exceptions like the ZO6 and 2003 SVT Cobra, and the Koreans are improving each year. It's only a matter of time before they match the Japs and Euros. As for you ChevyRocks, everybody is allowed thier opinion, just because you don't agree doesn't mean its stupid. I think the stupid one is you and your narrow mindedness!<!-- Signature -->

8. LOOK YOU FAT ASS GO GET SOME STACKER 2 INSTEAD OF TALKING ABOUT AMERICAN+KOREAN CARS

9. American cars are well made low priced cars. You can't beat that.<!-- Signature -->

10. dont even know Amercan cars dick head. i have and american car with 210,000 miles on it; no engine change no major problems, just oil changes and inspections, and i have put the think on short trips long trips(NC to CA, NC to NY, and numerous others) not to mention the fact that it is a truck so i take it 4 wheeling all the time and i havent broken aything on it yet. so what do you have to say about my amercan car now ass hole.

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Fat Tony</i>
    <b>i never liked American or Korean cars , they were never reliable , no matter how much u take care of them , they just never stop breakingdown........maybe im being a little harsh ,but ok , SOME american cars are good , but thats like every 2 out of 10 , but now about the Korean cars.......i have no comment , they just suck ass</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Look at the new Hyundai coupe...

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EandE</i>
    <b>no!

i dont think that Viper, Corvette, Ford (GT90,40) are trash..</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

DAMN STRAIGHT! the GT40 is a brilliant car, even the new one which is nearly exactly the same as the original, vipers vettes and the GT90 are all great cars aswell, i hate it when dickheads compare a Skyline to everything else in the world, sure a skyline is great to, but they can't be in the same league as musclecars, no way. Aren't Subaru Korean???I don't know much about Subaru but i heard somewhere that they are Korean, so all Korean cars AREN'T crap.<!-- Signature -->

13. The GT-40 is an entirely new platform, it is not the same old frame with a new engine. It has a very stateof the industry aluminum frame and I'll bet its lightness will be surprising to many, considering it uses a smaller block than it would if it were NA.
    And Subaru is owned by Fuji heavy industries I think, which is ironicly owned in large part by GMC. But Fuji is a Japanese company.<!-- Signature -->

14. All cars, american, korean, jap and euros have there pros and cons. American cars r known for there big engines, great sound of "detroit iron" but they are not know for great handling, i mean the zo6 is good but not great its no 5 series. korean cars have a long way to go, u just cant start great but hyundai is up and coming and will be a top dog in the next decade or so. euros r known for everything, speed, handling, looks,ect. but they have many different car companies and branches. the euros can also biuld a better car because of less restrictions from there gov on safety. so all cars are equally reliable because look who builds then average joes like u and me. we make mistakes, the enginneer just give instuctions, and they can be misuderstood and misread, so some cars may work better than others.<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from joeman312</i>
    <b>All cars, american, korean, jap and euros have there pros and cons. American cars r known for there big engines, great sound of "detroit iron" but they are not know for great handling, i mean the zo6 is good but not great its no 5 series. korean cars have a long way to go, u just cant start great but hyundai is up and coming and will be a top dog in the next decade or so. euros r known for everything, speed, handling, looks,ect. but they have many different car companies and branches. the euros can also biuld a better car because of less restrictions from there gov on safety. so all cars are equally reliable because look who builds then average joes like u and me. we make mistakes, the enginneer just give instuctions, and they can be misuderstood and misread, so some cars may work better than others.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You don't know a thing about the Z06 if you think its not a great handler.<!-- Signature -->

16. I think that american cars are the best cars to grace god's green earth. I have a GMC truck that has probably 220,000kms on it and i've never go let down by it. It's lasted through these northern manitoba winters. It's march 6 and it's -40 degrees celcuis outside. All jap cars are in the shed.

17. I have a 1997 Chevy Lumina, i know its a family car, but it has 217,000 miles on it, only problem, a blown alternator at 187,000. For the people out there that say the age should be raised to 18, i don't care im 18, but there are a lot of adults who drive cars out there that put me in danger. I am a safe driver, sometimes, but i know how to drive. Driving a truck since i was 13 on my farm i learned that snow and a RWD truck with a 350 is slightly fun, but dangerous. American cars will always live anywhere.

18. But you got to admit, some Hyundai bodystyles are good looking, bit i got to admit, some american cars are trash, but when you show them money, you can buy big boys like chevy corvettes, dodge vipers, and panoz esperanti (don't know how to spell it). Japanese cars are good. at my dads work they have a corolla with 300,000 miles and its a 1997!!! i got to drive it and still it has some zing and its spunky too!!!<!-- Signature -->

19. What many people dont notice about vehicles is the market they are made for. Look at Asian cars: ie. Honda, Toyota, etc. Small engine, reliable, small cars for a small race of people. It fits them. American cars are easy: Big, Bulky, and cheap. Just how we like it. We want something faster, we just bore out the engine. Then European car makers seem to find the middle: fast cars, small engines, however, usually high priced. Its not about which car is better or worse, its about which market you fit into.