Re: dude with pictures

Discussion in '1986 Ferrari GTO Evoluzione' started by 89Irocz, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: WTF ??? F-40???

nice fin

2. WTF ??? F-40???

Looks like an F-40 with some bodywork, not worth the price, might as well buy a real F-40 and save a few hundred thousand.

3. Re: WTF ??? F-40???

Good work Sherlock. The F40 evolved from this car. This was a spin off of the GTO. Ferrari took many of the design elements from this, combined them with better styling and the modern technology of the time, and made the wonderous F40.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: WTF ??? F-40???

damn this car is good and almost as expensive as the new Bugatti 16/4 veyron.....but this is much better.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: WTF ??? F-40???

Look at the name 'evoluzione' and think of another popular car with a similar name. That car is the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, a rally king. Like that car, this car was meant for participation in the now defunct Group B rally championship.

6. Re: WTF ??? F-40???

Who ever hates this car, you do not understand race cars. This car is not even close to the F40. Its in a league of its own. She is a pure racer and she is priceless. For those who find the price high and would consider purchasing an F40, well, you may be disappointed, because the average selling price the F40 was $1 000 000US. The most it sold for, was $2 600 000US. Some guy wanted her badly. Even Sly Stallone had to pay $800 000US for his F40. Anyways, this GTO is a beauty and I would kill, just to drive one.

7. Re: WTF ??? F-40???

Oh, one more thing. When it comes to limited edition exotic cars, the manufacture price means squat. It all comes down to being at the dealer ship and them looking into your face and telling you, HOW BADLY DO YOU REALLY WANT THIS CAR and you will probably pay 3-8 times its sticker price.

8. Re: WTF ??? F-40???

Man u gotta be a crack head to think that is a f40

9. Re: WTF ??? F-40???

this is not a f40 have you ever heard of the 288? well this is it they made it in around 85 and it was a 288gto

10. Re: WTF ??? F-40???

this is what the F-40 evolved from
    It aint a f-40
    but still this thing goes goood<!-- Signature -->

11. #11 mgbgt73, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: WTF ??? F-40???

One of them is in holland. In my own town. A car museum has one of them www.automusa.nl. Not a beautiful car but a beautiful piece of ferrari history.<!-- Signature -->

12. The 288GTO evoluzione will stay one of the most exiting Ferrari ever.
    I'd have like to see it compete versus the Quattro or S4.

13. Re: WTF ??? F-40???

I like it. A little too much on the effects, but still a nice car.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: WTF ??? F-40???

sweet ass ride boys

15. Re: WTF ??? F-40???

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rallyfanatic</i>
    <b>Look at the name 'evoluzione' and think of another popular car with a similar name. That car is the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, a rally king. Like that car, this car was meant for participation in the now defunct Group B rally championship.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Let me ask you this:
    1. Which came first, this Ferrari or the LanEvo?
    2. Did either compete in Group B? I don't think so.

For you information, Mitsu unleashed its Rally King (which Ia agrre it is) in the early 1990s. So many years after Group B

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from in love with all cars</i>
    <b>dude what are this pictures of? Are you saying that they are of f40? You put some camaros there what is that suppose to mean? </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You're an idiot. If you're refering to those four pictures above you, there is a Mustang, a Firebird, an NSX, and a Supra (I think), but definitely not a Camaro. And anyway, they aren't supposed to mean anything, they're part of his signature because he likes those pictures. Get a clue, and have a nice day.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: WTF ??? F-40???

What's with the K car front end?

18. Re: WTF ??? F-40???

Yes, the F40 came from it, get a decent side profile picture and its almost identical at the mid-body.<!-- Signature -->