Re: Enough is Enough. Please Read

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by jcazz, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I live in Europe. The average person here isn't aristocracy. There is more money in America than most (maybe all) of Europe. But I agree with your other points.

2. Very well said, Ali__68. You're absolutely correct.<!-- Signature -->

3. well said, my friend. i definitely agree

4. Enough is Enough. Please Read

I have frequented this site for some time but never posted a remark for fear of having my English mocked as it is not my first language. But in the last while I have red messages that bothered me and wish to get certain things off my chest. I will start by saying that there are 3 groups of people on this site. The Asians and Europeans that prefer the Japanese and European cars. The North Americans that prefer Japanese and European cars, and the North Americans that prefer American cars. There is nothing wrong with preferring one automobile over another but to be blinded by patriotism is another issue all together. I will inform everyone that I am a citizen of the UAE. Our country has strong ties to both European countries and North American countries. I have family in France, Germany, USA, and Canada. Therefore I have no allegiance to either land. My opinions come from a neutral territory.
    I must say however that North Americans that love American cars have made a habit of false claims, insults and a constant refusal to admit the truth. It seems that whenever an American car is proclaimed to be the “best” and someone provides proof of its shortfalls or mentions a car that is of a higher calibre the next rebuttal is “but that car costs more”. That is an admission that the US car is not as good. I live in Dubai and here there are many wealthy political figures, oil investors, and Royalty. These people drive the finest of cars. Someone here even owns the CLK GTR. This tells you that money is not an issue. They don’t want “bang for your buck” (someone informed me that buck meant money in American and I hope they were right). They want the best. And they could at the same time easily purchase a Viper or a Z06 or even the Sledgehammer if they wished but they don’t. Why? Because they are not as good. There are very few American cars here because they are not well respected.
    I also noticed that it is widely accepted in North America that the Sledgehammer is the worlds fastest car but in other parts of the world it is not. It is well known that other cars have surpassed the 410kmh mark. Some are also road legal. The Diablo Gambella for example. Also the VTTT. Among other race cars which I won’t list because they are not road legal.
    Personally I drive an X5 and hope to one day own an exotic car but I certainly won’t be looking for a Viper. I will buy Italian or German. But it appears that to many those cars are not good because they were not made in America. I have read “screw imports” and imports are crap”. How is a Lamborghini crap? When you name is “buy American" you are already shutting out any possibility that something better may exist or eventually be produced. It is biased. I want the North American car fans to ask themselves two simple question: If the Lamborghini Diablo was an American car would you like it? If the Dodge Viper was German, British, Italian, or Japanese would you like it? Don’t post answers since I am sure they will be far from honest. Just ask yourselves.

I will post this in a few forums as I have seen arguments in a number of them. In case of responses remember that I showed respect and refrained from insults. Please show me the same respect. Thank you.

5. damn how long did u take to type that

6. I couldn't have said it better myself. Your English was fine and you point was made abundantly clear.

My friend is from Dubai, he also said that someone there drove the CLK GTR.
    <!-- Signature -->

7. Finally an intelligent argument that isn’t riddled with bigotry. I agree totally with ali_68 and must say that the responses that followed were also intelligent (except of course BigBlock). I hope that this topic might make people realize that something isn’t necessarily the best just because of the flag it was built under. Take patriotism away and look at the cars.

8. Just wondering...Isn't the US made up of thousands of different races and cultures? So if an american is dissing Italians, aren't they insulting a big chunk of their own population? Does that seem stupid to anyone else?

9. Very stupid considering what a contribution Italians have made to the USA.
    <!-- Signature -->

10. However neutral you want to be your bias is still there. Ever look at one of these topics before all these Euro people came over? Something along the lines of, "Ugly, but hey, it's still fast!" and no one would start yelling about how "crappy" European cars are, they would simply debate without having to resort to namecalling. Then these people showed up calling everyone a "#$%#in idiot" or "moron that should end his own life". How do you think people would react, brush it off and accept the claims???

Refusal to admit claims? That goes for both sides, I have yet to see even one post on this forum where anyone admits they were wrong.

What percentage of the population do you believe can afford a 2.5 million dollar car, money is a factor for the 97% of Americans who work average paying or lower jobs. Much less the 1% or less rich that are even car enthusiasts. The difference is: Why work for 20 years to pay off a $250,000 car when you can get the same performance out of a $50,000 and still have a life?

Everything you have to say sounds just about right, but seems a little off for some reason. The reason is, that if you were not biased then you would also be getting onto the European guys for calling our cars crap/engineering horrid/history a joke/or life a waste.

11. ali_68,

I think you summed it up pretty well, I do agree with Will938 that 99% of the worlds population can't afford exotic cars and thus cost is an important factor.

12. I also agree that cost is a factor but a price tag shouldn’t take away from the quality of a car. Unfortunately some act as if the car that is cheaper is a better all around car simply because they have a better chance of affording it. If the best you can put in your garage is a Corvette do so. It’s an excellent car (I never claimed they were shit and neither have many here on these forums). But if someone can afford better they won’t have trouble finding it. With regards to the name calling. I made a point of not insulting until I was insulted. And I was. As far as admitting my wrongs, I hate to sound pompous but where have I been wrong? And who said your life was a waste?

13. Peolple's opinion of what is "best" and "fastest" vary from person to person.

example: Joe Bloggs has $50000 to spend on a fast car, he goes and buys a Z06, his brothe Jim Bloggs has $500 000 to spend, he goes and buys an F50. Both brothers will think they have the best deal, Jim will think his car is better because it is faster, Joe will think his car is better because he gets more "bang for buck" So both brothers are convinced they have the "best" car.

what is fastest also depends on your point of view. Suppose Joe Bloggs buys a 5000bhp Drag-Car, and his brother Jim buys a Porsche 962 race-car, again both brothers will think they have the fastest car, Jim will say "nothing can lap this racetrack faster than me" while Joe will say "I can accelerate to 400 km/h faster than it takes my brother Jim to have a pit-stop". Thus both brothers are convinced they have the fastest car and they will argue about it until the day they die.

Now that I think I've made my point, I will await the inevitable flaming...

14. that's unlike you BigBlock...

15. why do you think it's dumb? I wasn't trying to get on anyones nerves.

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ReeK</i>
    <b>Peolple's opinion of what is "best" and "fastest" vary from person to person.

example: Joe Bloggs has $50000 to spend on a fast car, he goes and buys a Z06, his brothe Jim Bloggs has $500 000 to spend, he goes and buys an F50. Both brothers will think they have the best deal, Jim will think his car is better because it is faster, Joe will think his car is better because he gets more "bang for buck" So both brothers are convinced they have the "best" car.

what is fastest also depends on your point of view. Suppose Joe Bloggs buys a 5000bhp Drag-Car, and his brother Jim buys a Porsche 962 race-car, again both brothers will think they have the fastest car, Jim will say "nothing can lap this racetrack faster than me" while Joe will say "I can accelerate to 400 km/h faster than it takes my brother Jim to have a pit-stop". Thus both brothers are convinced they have the fastest car and they will argue about it until the day they die.

Now that I think I've made my point, I will await the inevitable flaming...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I completely agree with this statement. In the Sledgehammers case it would be the dragster whereas the F50 is the true racecar. Another reason a person with $500,000 would buy a Ferrari is that it shows true class and wealth. They are very rare whereas the corvettes and Vipers are not. If I saw a Ferrari I would be much more excited than if I saw a Corvette. Simply because I see corvettes about once every week and I've only seen about 3 Ferrari's in my life.

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Am Car fan</i>
    <b>No one in this forum was dissing on Italians. Once an Italian moves to America (legally) he is then an American. So even if there were people dissing on Italians here it wouldn't include the Italian-Americans. And why did you even bring that into this forum? Until now we had kept that out of this forum. Continue the car talk.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah sorry I bought it up, it wasn't on this forum, and it was our friend BigBlock who was using the racial slurs, so they don't really count anyway.

18. I wonder if you would be allowed to use these threads as a Psychology thesis?

19. Yeah i think that all people that arent from the great country of the United States of America can all lick my sweaty balls, because you suck and all your fathers suck and they can come lick my sweaty balls too. i hate all people that arent from America and i think they should all get butt#$%#ed by a baboon!!!! you guys suck and have little penis' yeah you know you do dont worry everyone knows and i #$%#ed your mom last night!!!!!!!!!! what?!?!?!

20. LOL that was the most American thing I've ever read. That's what we've been talking about all this time. I know all Americans aren't brain dead like that but #$%#, I could hear the voice of the guy from "King of the Hill" in the background. Only an inbred redneck could think like that. I'm impressed that he's got internet access though, most mobile homes don't. Well I hope you guys know that from now on when you say that no one “disses” non Americans this idiot will get quoted.

Hey is your name big balls69 because your boyfriends balls smack you in the face during a 69er. Because someone like you getting laid by a women is impossible. Even in the States.

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bigballs69</i>
    <b>Yeah i think that all people that arent from the great country of the United States of America can all lick my sweaty balls, because you suck and all your fathers suck and they can come lick my sweaty balls too. i hate all people that arent from America and i think they should all get butt#$%#ed by a baboon!!!! you guys suck and have little penis' yeah you know you do dont worry everyone knows and i #$%#ed your mom last night!!!!!!!!!! what?!?!?!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

LOL this is so retarded I'm laughing.

22. Hey man, people are different all over the world. Most places, cars are never even seen, in others, they are everywhere. Here in the US, there's an average of something like 2 cars per person (or house hold, I can't remember). The average worth of these cars is around $5 grand. Obviously, most Americans can't afford even a Corvette, so price is a huge factor while looking for a car to buy. I'm not prejudice towards any car or car company, I simply enjoy dreaming (or planning as I like to say) about all of these very impressive cars. Some have flaws, some are 'different' or 'daring', some blow your mind, but I look at all of them from an artistic point of view, looking for the good points. With Europe having so many aristocrats and royalty, it can be expected that the domestic car makers there will cator to them. Likewise, America has a population that for the most part just needs a car as way of transportation, nothing special, so our domestic car makers cator to us the best of their ability. In our aiming for low prices, we've been able to achieve high quality sports cars that aren't exactly magnificent, but can at least compete with some of the world class cars out there. As a side note, you don't completely show that you're neutral, but good job on your English. Have a nice day!<!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jcazz</i>
    <b>I live in Europe. The average person here isn't aristocracy. There is more money in America than most (maybe all) of Europe. But I agree with your other points.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    That was a blind guess that I shouldn't have made.<!-- Signature -->

24. No one in this forum was dissing on Italians. Once an Italian moves to America (legally) he is then an American. So even if there were people dissing on Italians here it wouldn't include the Italian-Americans. And why did you even bring that into this forum? Until now we had kept that out of this forum. Continue the car talk.

25. Bigballs created an account just to make that one post. He was trying to get a reaction out of everyone. He thinks he's cool because he can type that kind of sh!t. He's really just a mama's (unt licker, who more than likely gets it up the a$$ from his dad while giving his brother a hand job and feeling up his sister.<!-- Signature -->