Re: European cars are the best in the world

Discussion in '2002 BMW M3 CSL Concept' started by LM racer, Aug 9, 2002.

1. it a beutiful machine<!-- Signature -->

2. European cars are the best in the world

I think that European cars , especially BMW, Audi, Ferrari, Mercedes are superior to American ones. Their design, technique and luxury are unique. American have realised that and now start copying them, but they never will reach the same high standard as BMW, Benz, Ferrari........

3. duh...<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMW Motorsport</i>
    <b>I think that European cars , especially BMW, Audi, Ferrari, Mercedes are superior to American ones. Their design, technique and luxury are unique. American have realised that and now start copying them, but they never will reach the same high standard as BMW, Benz, Ferrari........ </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

1-post n00b... Of course European cars are better than American.<!-- Signature -->

5. you get what you pay for... i would hope if you spent twice as much on a car you would get a superior product

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ffattack</i>
    <b>you get what you pay for... i would hope if you spent twice as much on a car you would get a superior product</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well said.

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMW Motorsport</i>
    <b>I think that European cars , especially BMW, Audi, Ferrari, Mercedes are superior to American ones. Their design, technique and luxury are unique. American have realised that and now start copying them, but they never will reach the same high standard as BMW, Benz, Ferrari........ </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Viper GTS and the Z06 are faster than the 360 Modena and the 911 type 996 turbo.

They still lack a bit of interior quality , but are ways better than the clichés we , Europeans , have on them.<!-- Signature -->

8. LM racer ,

For your sugnature , none of the cars you've written has ever entered Le Mans 24Hs.<!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>LM racer ,

For your sugnature , none of the cars you've written has ever entered Le Mans 24Hs.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

lol. and to respond to the first post, i think its an unfair comparison to compare an entire continents' automobiles to a single country's. I mean really when you think about it, the usual european cars you think of are either german or italian, thats only two countries. So if you ask me whats better american cars or german? German. I mean american engineering is nothing to scoff at but germans make the best quality built cars in the world. Most of the italian cars you think of are the exotics and in my mind there arent many american cars that can compete with them since the viper is a piece of shit, so the only contender is the Corvette Z06. Jaguar and Aston Martin, britain's best, are both owned by Ford so im not sure what category to put them in, american or european. and in the first post he said that American car companies are trying to copy europeans? i dont think so, give me an example and maybe i could agree with you.
    <!-- Signature -->

10. we americans dont need leather seats or GPS systems... we only want our cars to be fast. and they are.<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Dont Mess With Texas1</i>
    <b>we americans dont need leather seats or GPS systems... we only want our cars to be fast. and they are.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

......so are European cars....<!-- Signature -->

12. I'd love to see you convince the 25 million Toyota owners that they all missed out on best cars in the world..

13. >>The Viper GTS and the Z06 are faster than the 360 Modena and the 911 type 996 turbo.

Uhhhh... No. The 996 Turbo blows all but the Viper away. Never go by Porsches conservative manufacturer's estimates. The 996 Turbo is faster than the 993 and Motor Trend had the BONE-STOCK 993 Turbo going 0-60 is 3.7 seconds. Besides, Walter Rohl set the record around Nurburgring in a 996 TT. Faster? Go with the German.

14. again, saying Jaguar is American cause of Ford, is saying Mercedez Benz is American cause of Chrysler. it just doesn't go that way.
    over all, asa continent Europe is better than the Americans and the Japanese.
    to note, some American cars are built in Canada, and Mexico; and to also note, some of the German cars, are also built in the UK, France, and Spain. So you can say, due to "Free trade" most car companies actually work in an continental effort.
    (no pun intended)<!-- Signature -->

15. On the track ??

NO way !!<!-- Signature -->

16. don't forget the zo6 has beaten the911 turbo in testsand at nurburgring the euro spec 385 hp viper ran 8:10 to the 360 modena's 8:09 imagine what it would do if it were at full power or a viper acr360 goes down the viper is close to but maybe not beating the 911 turbo the gt2 is faster than both zo6 and us spec viper.
    the gt2 does however get beaten b the mosler mt900 s with ls6 in a recent test in car and driver it matched the hennesy venom 800 TTand if you want a ferrari enzo compettitor talk to steve saleen he could hook you up with a s7 it is easily a match for the enzo and costs $300,000 less.it seems to me america has the fastest cars not europe.<!-- Signature -->

17. I have a question to all of you:

what would you prefer to drive.. a Mach1 Rocket car in the Death Valley or a Formula 1 Car in Indianapolis??

Im making this question because then you'll se what kind of thrill you want, if you rather take the death valley experience you're on the 0-60, 1/4 mile times and all that stuff...But if you'd take the Formula 1 you're more into the handling and driving skills thrill, which by the way i'd prefer..

Once this has been said, i must say that both america and europe have fast cars, but definitely only Europe has fast and top-speed driveable cars.<!-- Signature -->

18. WELL I THINK WE CAN ACTUALLY SUM UP THE COMMENT "European cars are the best in the world" AS BEING LESS BROAD, AND SAYING INSTEAD THAT GERMANY MAKE THE BEST CARS IN THE WORLD!
    MAKING........
    PORSCHE
    BMW
    MERCEDES BENZ
    AUDI
    V.W<!-- Signature -->

19. Bla bla bla...

TVR
    Morgan
    Ultima
    Bentley
    Aston Martin
    Jaguar
    Ascari
    Lister
    Lotus

Ferrari
    B-Engineering
    Lamborghini
    De Tomaso
    Maserati

What's your point ?

20. Germans are truely the best, no doubt about it... in only a couple of years BMW has come really close to Ferrari which has many years of heritage... i think that in the next ten years BMW will overcome Ferrari.. ooh by the way, could you say who won this year's 24 Hours LM??

21. hah, no way, europeans are the best at what they do, and that is put out lux, HIGHLY OVERHYPED, SUPER HIGLY OVERPRICED vehicles.
    Is German engeneering superb, YES, better than japanese, HELL NAW look at the s2000! European cars are great, but as far as value goes, they are by far the worst in my book.

to sum it up:
    1) HP per Dollar concerns you, get an american
    2) Hp per liter, reliability, comfort and a lil bit of everything Get a JAP
    3) luxury and prestige concerns you get a german vehicle.
    How can anyone say that one region is better than the other, they all have a small piece of the market and followers, i say JAPANESE cars are the best in the world, because you get a little bit of everything, power, comfort, reliability etc for a small price

22. European cars are the best in the world... what a joke...
    Some of you have a real sense of humour...

23. If you knew more about Le Mans , you would have realized I'm a Le Mans fan , and I'm French also , so I know my sh!t about Le Mans.

Which BMW is close to a Ferrari ?

Z8 and 360 Modena Spider ? No way.
    M5 or 760iL vs a 575MM ? No way.
    And for the Enzo ? (ugly but fast) Nothing.

Why are Audi so successful ? NO real opposition.
    -not Porsche
    -not Toyota
    -not Peugeot
    -not Ferrari
    -not Nissan
    -not Renault
    -no real ambition from GM...

24. its good to know you are a le mans fan, i'll keep it in mind...

The BMW M5 has come really close to 360 modena, considering M5 is a sedan and weighs about 400 kg more it just stays behind lame 0.5 seconds on the 0-60... that just for starters, you might say that eventhough modena still better and i agree completely i just wanted to point out that bmw has come close in that matter...

Once i've said that i guess you shouldn't have heard about the power plant of the McLaren F1??? well let me tell you that it's a BMW M 6.0 Litre engine which is naturallly aspirated and develops some 627 hp...that has got to earn some respect don't you think? and neither the F50 GT nor the Enzo are faster than Mc Laren, that considering McLaren has 10 year old engineering...

As for audi winning in le mans they made their best and won it doesn't matter who else was in the race.

25. id take the Mach 1 car to Indianapolis :>