Re: European Sports cars are better!

Discussion in '2000 Lingenfelter 650 Corvette' started by D Viper, Aug 10, 2002.

1. well even in england we pay £54,000 for a brand new R34 gtr and about the same for a NSX but a corvette tops £60,000 but then you can pick up a second hand skyline for under £30,000 but still £50,000 for the same age vette .Fuel costs over $1 per litre! so we dont like big engines. it would only be the rich that buys em but they buy stuff like ferraris so there is no market for proper american stuff here.

and as for him who says that no hondas beat hid big block well thats a bit of a dumbass comparison but ibet the honda pumps out more bhp/litre and goes 10 times as far on the ame fuel. and i bet he has never tried racing a honda NSX.

2. Re:

Corvette Z06 - 30 MPG

Fastest street legal car - 6.55 second '57 Chevy (w/ a SMALL BLOCK)

Specific output of that '57 Chevy (even though this HP/Liter bullshit is irrelevent) - 350 bhp/L

Imports getting smoked in both fuel economy AND speed - priceless.

3. #53 Guibo, Nov 4, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Quote from ch1c4n3:
    "ive seen a video of a skyline-engined 200SX on drag slicks do the quarter in the high 7s so who cares whether a 427TT can do it in low-9s?...."

Are you talking about the HKS 180SX drag car? That's a pure drag car, man. Tube-framed. Goodyear Drag Slicks (33.0x17.0-15). Street-legal and street drivable? Haha, that's a good one. And whereas that car uses a PARACHUTE to slow down, the 427TT has 4-piston Brembos w/14-inch rotors...

http://www.fast-autos.net/hks/racing180sxinfo.html
    http://netcity1.web.hinet.net/userdata/wang1970/r_hks180.htm

If you want to bring that car into the discussion, you'll have to bring up a car like this:
    http://www.iannottiracing.com/cars.html

4. #54 Guibo, Nov 4, 2002
    Quote from The Impreza is a Ledgend:
    "Fuel costs over $1 per litre! so we dont like big engines."

Hmmm...Is that why Bentleys have 6.75 liter V8's? 5.9 liter Vanquish? And why do so many small British car companies look to American V8's for power?
    The fuel economy argument is bogus. Witness that Autoweek's Z06 averaged 20.57 mpg. Their 996TT got 12.98. What, you guys don't buy Porsche Turbos in the UK? C'mon, now.
    Car & Driver tested the 993 Turbo S, Viper GTS, and NSX-T over the same exact roads, under the same exact conditions. They flogged them through performance tests at the track and on the dragstrip. Fuel economy for all 3? Exactly the same: 16 mpg. Did I mention the Viper has a goddamn 8.0L engine? 8 LITERS. This same car puts out less C02 pollution than a 360 Modena (337g/km vs. 415 g/km). Yes, usually single tests of the Viper return about 13-14 mpg, but that's still better than what one can expect from a 550 Barchetta or Lamborghini Diablo.
    The Z06? It consumed an average of 14.5 liters per 100 kilometers in this German test:
    http://www.autojournal.de/nam0101/nam0101/corvette.htm

That's better than a stripped out Skyline R-34 N1, at 15.8 L/100km as tested by Motor Magazine (Australia). And it's certainly not any worse than the 360 Modena in the test below (that's just a regular C5 w/4-speed auto, BTW).

5. street-legal in europe means all-season tyres, a silenced exhaust, clean emissions etc so im not really bothered that some Chevy can do mid 6s. Any car that fast is totally undriveable, i dont care what anybody says 2000hp is too much when theres corners involved (no im not making excuses) whats the point in a street legal 6sec car when u can have a drag-only 5sec car with your daily-driver parked next 2 it?

so thats the 6.5sec and 7.8sec Chevys taken care of, the drag slicks argument falls apart aswell given the first line of this post

ive already made the point that the GT40 SHOULD have beaten the Ferraris with an engine more than twice the size, and it did, well done (seriously, an american achievement that you're right to be proud of, 4 LM wins in a row - a legend)

uve got a trans-am?...i thought u had a '66 mustang (T/As are firebirds or challengers arent they?? - thought the boss 302 was the ford equiv)

BMW havent just started making V8s, their first was in 1954 in the 502 saloon, later the famous 507 roadster (Z8 lookalike)...thats a long time ago as far as im concerned, look at the shit america was producing at that time. BMW have even been making V12s since 1988

Toyota's first V8 was made in 1967 in the Century limousine, a version of which later made its debut in their Can-Am racer (although it never took part). The first worldwide Toyota V8 was in 1989, again, not exactly yesterday. Toyota also make V12s and have done so for several years, again in the Century limousine.

Shall i accuse america of copying BMW and Toyota by finally realising that V12s are the best??...Caddy Cien? (the GT90/Indigo were actually british cosworth engines)

Or howabout accusing america of copying european-style DOHC 4v per cyl engines?...did Ford and Cadillac realise that good ol' pushrods actually suck, huh?

Or maybe that they copied Mercedes who in 1954 put fuel-injection on the godlike 300sl gullwing?

shall i go on?...europe had 150mph sportscars in the early 1950s, WE invented performance

6. Quote from ch1c4n3:
    “street-legal in europe means all-season tyres, a silenced exhaust, clean emissions etc so im not really bothered that some Chevy can do mid 6s. Any car that fast is totally undriveable, i dont care what anybody says 2000hp is too much when theres corners involved (no im not making excuses)”

The same also applies to that drag 200SX you’re talking about, doesn’t it? Just admit it, your comparison of the Chevy vs. the drag 200SX was silly.
    Are Pirelli P Zero Rossa’s REALLY all-season? One would have absolutely no trouble crossing the snow-covered Alps with these tires?

”ive already made the point that the GT40 SHOULD have beaten the Ferraris with an engine more than twice the size, and it did, well done (seriously, an american achievement that you're right to be proud of, 4 LM wins in a row - a legend)”

You’re forgetting something else: It’s not easy to have a large engine AND the chassis and brakes to reign in all that power. Besides. Ferrari had the option (if they wanted to) of using more displacement, but they didn’t. That’s their loss. Nobody forced them to use smaller engines. And you don't see Ford pulling any last-minute shenanigans to ensure they'd retain the championship title, do you? *cough* Enzo! *cough*

”Shall i accuse america of copying BMW and Toyota by finally realising that V12s are the best??...Caddy Cien? (the GT90/Indigo were actually british cosworth engines)”

If the Caddy Cien is really a British Coswroth engine AND it’s not even going into production, how can you accuse America of copying BMW and Toyota?

”Or howabout accusing america of copying european-style DOHC 4v per cyl engines?...did Ford and Cadillac realise that good ol' pushrods actually suck, huh?”

Which came first, DOHC or pushrods?

”Or maybe that they copied Mercedes who in 1954 put fuel-injection on the godlike 300sl gullwing?”

Hmmm…The Tucker Torpedo of 1948 had fuel-injection. What’s your point? The Tucker also had disk brakes. And a third headlight that swivels with the steering gear…kinda like the leveling headlights found in some of today’s more advanced European cars, huh?

“shall i go on?...europe had 150mph sportscars in the early 1950s, WE invented performance”

Europe is a continent. America is a country. Why compare a continent to a country?
    Say, did you guys get any benefit from the Marshall Plan whatsoever?…

7. Re:

Wow, that was intense, Ch1. You sound like you may have a complex of some sort - I'm sorry. All joking aside, here we go:

I don't know if you get Summit Racing Catalog in GB, but the October Specials issue features a mid-7 second DAILY DRIVER Camaro that met every one of your criteria for a street legal car. Slammed to the ground like it is, I bet it can handle well, also.

You seem caught up on this "Americans think bigger is better" thing. Well, obviously if it worked, it wasn't such a bad idea, was it?

Chevy had a fuel injected car in 1953 - the Corvette. They offered this option until 1970 and then again in 1983.

Americans also had the FIRST automotive V-12 PERIOD - in a 1918 Packard. Ford made a V-12 in the 40's - the 1949 Lincoln Cosmopolitan. And America also went as far as to build a V-16 - Cadilac did it in the 1930's.

The 1930's also saw the production of the Pierce Arrow - a production automobile that topped out well over 100 mph and could be purchased and driven daily by anyone with money (which in the 30's, in America, wasn't a lot of people).

Ford had an overhead valve engine in 1966 - a large displacement one, 7 liters, that got kicked out of the NASCAR circuit after Ford took 1st-6th places that year.

Noone ever said Europeans haven't been contenders in the performance automobile world - you have, since Mercedes in 1903. But America definately has our share of firsts and foremosts, so don't accuse US of copying "foreign inginuity."

8. Re:

I have a 1979 Trans Am with a 455 Oldsmobile big block - I could have sworn I told you about it. $2500 - great investment, too, it runs like a dream. New Carbuerator (I rubuilt an old 750 cfm Edelbrock and slapped it on), tuned the engine a bit - runs like a dream. Costs me $90/Month - best investment I've ever made. Not quite as fast as my Mustang - but she's grounded for right now.

I'm down to my Trans Am and my bike - bit cold and slippery for the bike, so my Trans Am is my only mode of transpo right now. I do miss my truck though...

Can't wait 'til it snows, got a full posi, gonna be a blast.

9. damn thats a lot to reply to!

Guibo first - the 427TT vs 200SX was an unfair comparison, yes, but it was only meant to highlight the slick tyre vs slick tyre situation

say what u like about Ferrari, im not a fan, i already said the GT40 was a good car

the Cien engine isnt British, i said the GT90 engine was - the Cien's engine was apparently going to be put in something else

im not entirely sure what valvetrain Karl Benz's first car had in 1885...probably pushrod. That comment was aimed at the new Northstar and Mustang engines, finally realising that DOHC is the way to go after half a century of pushrod power

i have a book containing that amazing Tucker - never made it to production because rival makes made sure it didnt, somewhat unfairly - a concept car then, so it doesnt really count. Anyway that car uses a carburettor, apparently. And disc brakes were invented by Dunlop, a Brit, and first used on the Jag XK120

your last point was a bit lame, europe is basically england+germany+italy (in terms of cars) which in total is much smaller than america = fair comparison

now, BrownDoggie...a complex? im just extremely argumentative (as im sure u've noticed). "Bigger is better" IS an american way of thinking, and yes it does work - exactly why i have the McLaren in my signature

apparently the '53 corvette was a tripple-carb engine (according to carfolio.com, a very good site) the '63 corvette was fuel-injected, i know that for sure

your old V8/12/16s are all good, i was just correcting your assumption that BMW/Toyota have only recently "copied" the V8, when in actual fact BMW had a V8 sportscar while the Vette was still a 6

If we're going back to the 30s, Mercedes and Auto Union had V12s and V16s producing upwards of 600hp in their Grand Prix cars, and NOT from aero-engines, these could easily top 200mph and 1 actually hit 270mph on an autobahn

in terms of inventions, im sure its near enough a draw, but in terms of better sportscars, i say we won the 50s, u won the 60s, we won the 70s (by a long way), 80s (ditto) and 90s

the sad fact remains that there were european cars 50 years ago that are more advanced than american cars that r still on sale today

phew, sore fingers

10. #60 Guibo, Nov 5, 2002
    The 1949 Offenhauser which raced at Indy had fuel injection. The '53 winner had fuel injection, predating the Mercedes.

Are you denying the Cosworth link to the Cien? Sure sounds like it.
    "Designed by Simon Cox at the General Motors Advanced Design Studio for Cadillac in England and powered by a prototype engine built by Cosworth Engineering in cooperation with GM Powertrain, the Cadillac Cien will return to its virtual home in the U.K. for the Festival of Speed."
    http://www.chevroleteurope.com/english/headlines/motorshow/en_xx_goodw.htm

Yes. Germany, UK, Italy, France, etc. All countries which benefitted greatly under the Marshall Plan.

If US engines are so bad, why do so many European car companies still use them?

11. i didnt know who designed the Cien engine, sorry, i thought it was just a big Northstar with a couple more cylinders, all-american...nevermind thats besides the point. Why dont america make V12s then?...theyre much better than 8s, or do they not want to follow the germans and japanese, too proud r they?

european companies dont use US engines - a few low-production british makes use the Mustang V8 coz its cheap and powerful, but thats a DOHC 32v, a euro-copy if u will

no european or japanese for that matter use ANY pushrod engines, or any engines with 2v per cyl (ok im sure u can find maybe 1 or 2 that only have 2v per cyl)

12. No European cars use American engines? LOL, that's a good one. Here's a list of European cars that currently do or have used American engines (something tells me my list might not even be 50% complete):

AC Cobra

Sunbeam Tiger

Fornasari rr450 (current)

Iso Grifo:
    Rivolta
    Lele, and
    Fidia

Bizarrini 5300 GT Strada

Invicta S1 (current)

Jensen Interceptor

DeTomaso:
    Pantera
    Deauville
    Longchamp
    Gaura
    Vallelugna
    Mangusta

Facel Vega HK500

Allard J2

Monteverdi 375 (and the entire Monteverdi lineup)

TVR:
    Griffith
    Tuscan
    Vixen
    Granatura
    (and anything with a "Rover V8" pretty much derives its power via Buick)

Trident Iceni (current)

Bristol Fighter (and entire lineup dating back to the '60s)

Ultima CanAm GTR (current)

Stealth B6 (current)

MG XPower SV (current)

Now, how many use German engines? I can name Morgan Aero 8, for one.

Why don't Americans use V12's? Simple. Market research no doubt shows that Americans by and large don't want or feel the need for V12's. Those that do can look to other manufacturers, and that's the nature of the open market system. No demand for V12's by the domestic market means no supply of V12's made by the domestic market. The tradition of V8's go back a long way, it's a tried and true engine, and can be adapted to a wide array of vehicles. Why mess with a good formula just for the sake of saying that we can mess with it? And do you have any idea of how much it costs to rebuild a BMW V12 over here? $20K. A Viper crate engine, packing a manufacturer's warranty and 450 horses will set you back only $14K. And that's considered EXPENSIVE compared to crate V8 engines, which are typically only a fraction of even that.

13. Re:

Jeg's Mail-Order Performance: $22,000, 1100-horsepower 632 CID Merlin Crate Engine. Anyway:

Whoa!! Whoa!! I just got done POSTING that Americans had race-winning V-12's IN THE TEENS, before any of your British companies had them.

Dragsters run 6500-horsepower engines with pushrods, obviously they're good for something, all those VTEC Hondas that race up and down the street can't seem to catch them.

Don't get sore because Ford has a 390-horsepower, 390-lb/ft sports car on the market for a little over $30,000 with a SOHC V-8 - that's right, back to the 5.0-configuration for the 4.6-liter Cobra, guess our idea was better after all.

Don't even TELL me you took the 50's - Dodge Superstockers, need I say more? And the 70's? A 1971 Hemi 'Cuda would rape an Ferarri MADE in the 70's. Baldwin-motion Camaros, Super Duty Trans Am, 1979 AMC AMX?

OK, I'll give you the 80's - Oh, wait, but wasn't the fastest street legal car in the world a 1988 Twin Turbo Corvette? Shit, sorry. Guess the Hennessey TT Viper can speak for the 90's - or the Saleen S351 Mustang. Or the C-5 Corvette.

I never said Europeans couldn't produce high performance cars; they've definately had their share. But don't EVEN start saying AMERICA is just now catching up - 'cause we've been ahead of the game the whole time, brother, and for every point you come up with that says otherwise, I'll come up with an American vehicle that proves our fine and affluent racing lineage. Out.

14. Re:

By the way - Packards have often been considered finer cars than your beloved Rolles Royce by the DuPont registery of fine automobiles. Just thought I'd try to hit one close to home!!

Oh, and as a side note, the '53 Vette was offered with FI, until the very late 60's, actually.

15. I didnt bother to read the whole thread. I just want to say this. I usually don't like American cars, but the Corvette does it for me. And this one hits me like a 1000kg of bricks. There only few european cars, that can compete with this beautiful machine. Ferraris and Lambos suck... thats just me. But the M3 GTR and Hamann Laguna Seca II would be in the same category with this(not prize). Japanese cars are a different matter.

16. Guibo, changing your argument slightly arent you?...u said how many euro cars *STILL* use american engines, then u go and list the ones that USED TO, nicely done

of the ones that still do, thats a pretty pathetic list - the Invicta isnt even out yet, and like i said its british and uses the DOHC 32v Ford, likewise the XPower SV

That fornasari hardly counts either, its like a kit car, they'll only make about 20, if that

TVR Cerberas and Tuscans most certainly DO NOT use american engines, that is an absolute insult

Trident is almost out of business and the Bristol Fighter hasnt even had its world debut yet

so in total there must be about 100 cars PER YEAR that use american V8s, whats that? about 0.001% of production, huh?

BrownDoggie that was an unusually stupid comparison u made there - a pushrod dragster vs a VTEC honda?...you're not forgetting the fact the dragster is supercharged?...has an engine 4 times the size?...runs on rocket fuel?...lasts about 10 seconds? easy to forget i suppose

thats a bit like comparing a firework with a lawnmower and saying piston engines have more power than rockets

the '03 Cobra has SOHC, yes thanks for arguing my side of the discussion here, pushrods suck and Ford know it (likewise Caddy)

the 1950s?...240hp Merc 300SL, heard of it? 150mph, Jaguar XK150 - 150mph?...might i mention the 180mph Jaguar D-Type? tripple Le Mans winner. Howabout a ferrari testarossa, the odd Maserati maybe?

Dodge superstockers, what the hell r they?....sound like aftermarket specials to me, so dont count

the 1970s?..you're naming 1 car that is fast in a straight line, muscle cars dont go round corners, corvettes do, cudas dont - theyre tanks, as my dad fondly calls them (Yenko/Baldwin are aftermarket tuners like Brabus/Schnitzer, so dont count)

we had the Ferrari 512BB, the Miura, the Daytona, the Bora - the 70s were an embarassment for the Americans, something u want to forget

the 80s?...please dont get me started on that pile of shit Sledgehammer, its a god damn 1-off non-production NON-EVENT. You're naming a single car for an entire decade?...heard of the Porsche 959, audi quattro, ferrari 288/F40, Countach, Vantage Zagato?

the 90s?...McLaren F1, EB110, XJ220, F50, Diablo, 911 GT1, CLK-GTR, Vantage 600. Vipers and Vettes seem a little limp-wristed now dont they?

shall we bring up motor racing?...how often have american cars beaten european cars in WORLDWIDE motor racing? lets see, no wins in formula 1 (the DFV was ours) 4 wins out of 70 at Le Mans, no wins in rallying, maybe 5 race wins in the last 30years of top-class sportscars? clap clap clap, wanna bring up IRL/CART?...your OWN series are dominated by foreigners (again, Cosworth is ours)

face it, until recently america made cars that go in straight lines, europeans make cars that go round corners

the fact that anyone so much as mentions dragsters is testament to that. If you're the only country that makes them, u can hardly say you're the best at making them can u?

a final point, rolls-royce are a pile of shit, i wont argue if u say a Chevy Montecarlo is better, it is only TVR that makes me proud to be british, nothing else (T440R anyone?)

please dont anyone take this as anti-american, im not biased (as hard as that mayb to believe)

17. #67 Guibo, Nov 6, 2002
    Whoa, I was merely addressing your point that European cars don't use American engines. You said that none do, and that if they do, they certainly aren't pushrods (Stealth B6 blows that theory out of the water). 0-7.

Cerbera? When did I ever mention the Cerbera? Goodness, perhaps a course in ENGLISH comprehension is in your immediate future. 0-8.

TVR Tuscan? There's more than one Tuscan.
    http://www.supercars.net/cars/1970@$TVR@$Tuscang.html
    There's actually some sentiment among TVR owners that they should've stayed with American V8 power. 0-9.

18. Re:

Superstockers - as in "Made stock by Dodge, limited production (production meaning more than one), completely street legal and for sale by the public." 1958 Dodge Fury Superstocker - 358 CID N/A engine producing 550 horses. Runs the quarter at over 120 MPH in the 1950's, at doesn't top out there.

1971 Plymouth AAR Barracuda, 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302/429, 1971 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler 429 CJ, 1971 Dodge Challenger 440 R/T, 1970 Dodge Charger Hemi R/T, 1969 Chevy Camaro Z/28, 1971 Ford Gran Torino Cobra, 1976 Pontiac Firebird S/D 455, 1972 Firebird Formula 400, 1977 AMC AMX Javelin Sport, 1976 Camaro Rally Sport 350 - ALL high-powered, American muscle cars - ALL meant to race specifically on a track. Every one.

That's right - 1971 Hemi 'Cuda built on a Trans-Am style, lightweight, low slung chassis designed in 1964 to compete in the Trans Am racing series. Handles like a dream - AND runs 12-second 1/4 miles stock. When you place it up against 70's Ferarris and Porsches running 14- and 15-second times, it doesn't NEED to handle quite as well. But it DOES perform on the track. That fallacy is killing you, Chicane.

Yes, a Hemi Drag Motor is an unfair comparison to a VTEC - but name an OHC engine that makes 6500 horsepower - obviously pushrods are good for something. Don't EVEN tell me drag racing is an American jones, either - after all the shit I get on Supra forums about 1200-horse Supra drag cars and someone making up a 4000-horse 2-liter VTEC motor. That's why they have Import Drags, just as popular as other drag racing series, even moreso sometimes.

The Koenigsegg CC was in the contending for the world's fastest stock car a year ago - runnning an all-aluminum Ford 4.6L DOHC Mark VIII powerplant, to name another European car running an American powerplant. In the 80's it happened a lot, also - Diamoso Pantera ring a bell? Even the ITALIANS love American inginuity.

You name all these high-priced vehicles that top out at high speeds - whoo. 1955 Ford Thunderbird, 260 CID powerplant, 148 MPH - one year before it stopped being competition for the Corvette. 1926 Pierce Arrow - 4600lbs, 225-horse V-12 and 128 MPH.

Say what you want about the 80's OR the Sledgehammer - it still held a 14-year record as fastest street-legal car, no matter what you think of it. And America has the only two vehicles EVER to win the LeMans two year IN A ROW, 4 wins out of 70. We've taken it more times than that, my friend.

And ask Steven Saleen what he thought about the Supercharged 2.2L Ford Mustang Cobra he raced for Caroll Shelby in the early 80's on Cypress. Ferarri and Porsche thought it was worthy...

19. a factory '58 Dodge with a 358ci NA engine with 550hp, that, my friend, is bullshit

ok, the musclecar era died in 70/71, i kinda put all those amazing cars in with the 60s and said u won, afterall, theyre all just 60s cars with minor updates, right?

mid/late 70s muscle cars were plain awful, 7.5-litre engines with less than 300hp....ouch. The fuel crisis made a mess of your performance, pitiful compared to the preceeding decade

the Koenigsegg, again, uses the DOHC 32v ford engine - i said american pushrod engines werent used anymore, coz they suck

r u suggesting that if Cadillac decided to make a dragster engine based on the Northstar, with DOHC 32v, that they couldnt get 6500hp out of it?...r u suggesting that ONLY pushrods can do that?...in what way r pushrods better than OHC and y dont europeans make them anymore?

sorry, but i dont believe there was ever such a thing as a 50s TBird doing 148mph...ESPECIALLY not a puny 260ci. what did it have? 170hp?

why r import dragsters called imports?...is it because theyre imported into america?...hence raced in america, hence an american "jones" after all, they dont do it back in the homeland

your beloved Sledgehammer wasnt street-legal on the day it hit 255mph. Road tyres cant cope with that sorta speed

And Le Mans?...porsche took it in 81/82/83/84/85/86/87...thats more than twice in a row isnt it? Ferrari took it in 60/61/62/63/64/65...ditto. Jaguar, Matra and Audi have all taken it 3 times in a row. Porsche won it 2 years in a row with the same chassis number on 2 separate occasions

and no, sorry, america only has 4 wins out of 70

20. to guibo, no current tvr cars use american engines. and i bet the tuscan people were really upset when tvr swapped a 5 litre engine pushing 220bhp to any of their newer engine (none below 300bhp in the tuscan).

and when i was saying about us not liking big engines someone brings up about 4 cars 1 of which was british and is in no way a regular car. How many american car models are there with 4litre+ v-8 engines.

"nd anything with a "Rover V8" pretty much derives its power via Buick" yeah maybee but its a rover engine isnt it.

and id hardly call the stealth B6 acar from a "company" there are very , very few made, it started off by a bloke and his mate in his shed still hasnt expanded much.

if ya gona say euro cars use american engines use big companies not little low production ones that people put together in sheds

"There's actually some sentiment among TVR owners that they should've stayed with American V8 power. 0-9. "

well i know quite a few owners so asked them, ah none of them liked the TVR untill the mid 90s. and these are people who have been around a while.

im guessin the main reason the smaller manufacturers use the american V-8 is that its a simple engine and its just gets attention i you say ya car has a V-8

and im not gonna bother saying anything about older cars as i dont know much about em.

21. Quote from a Cerbera owner:
    "I think that TVR should let Danielle do all of their PR, and let Ben
    play with his toys and talk to the press, which is what he enjoys doing.
    Putting him in charge of 'selling' the Tuscan R/T440R was the dumbest
    thing they've done since they decided to build their own engines."

Now, if you want to know what might lead him to say that, just keep believing that current TVR engines are all that. There's more where that came from.

I never said current TVR's have American engines. Merely hinting that TVR's survival and prosperity in the '60-70's depended on it.

Little British companies vs. big British companies? What, you want me to mention Jaguar? Let's not forget the shambles THEY were in before Ford bought them. Besides Jaguar, what other major British companies are there? Aston? Still a part of Ford's PAG. Bentley? Yes, that's a good one. But wait...oh, dear. They use *gasp* pushrods (DESPITE what ch14n3 was saying...).

22. Can someone tell me which car won the British GT championship this year? Thanks.

23. "quote from a Cerbera owner"....haha good one, yes lets just start quoting random people shall we?

whoever said making their own engines was a dumb idea is a moron who shouldnt be allowed near a TVR. TVR make probably the best production engines on earth.

The British GT champ?...now theres a hotly contested professional series. No, its a joke, it was good a couple of years ago when it had some manufacturer interest but now it sucks. I dunno who won it this year, probs a Saleen, yeh a pushrod - in an american car, whats your point?

you're really starting to piss me off with your look-at-me-arent-i-smart attitude, no one is impressed

24. Ooooh. Touchy-touchy. Random? Actually, if you've ever frequented the sites of TVR owners, you'd see that it's pretty bloody random. Once a month. Twice a month. Who knows.

Hey, anyone know who won this year's 24 Hours of Nurburgring? 24 Hours of Spa? Thanks.

Seriously. You don't know anything about TVR's engine problems? Here's a hint. My, my. "From what I've read..." Rather selective about our retention, are we?

25. Ooooh. Touchy-touchy. Random? Actually, if you've ever frequented the sites of TVR owners, you'd see that it's pretty bloody random. Once a month. Twice a month. Who knows.

Hey, anyone know who won this year's 24 Hours of Nurburgring? 24 Hours of Spa? Thanks.

Seriously. You don't know anything about TVR's engine problems? Here's a hint. (My, my. "From what I've read..." Rather selective about our retention, are we?)