Re: everyone likes this car for 1 reason

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by adamsalo, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Doesn't Porshe have that kinda money, in all these posts I hear about non-street legal cars that can win, or if other companies wanted to beat it they could. I think when a lot of the import loving little kids finally saw that an Americian car holds the record for fastest top speed STREET LEGAL CAR! They either had to make excuses or just start crying, well keep fighting those tears, LOL.

2. all you people are so untolerating. a car is a car! sure some cars may be built better, some may go faster, but they're all a car! Someone here was saying earlier "give credit where credit is due!" i give credit to every car manufacturer out there. a lot of people buy a car for a) the name, b)0-60 time, and c) top speed. big freakin whoop. who want's "the worlds fastest street-legal car" when you aren't even gonna get halfway there on a street?! get serious people. this car's frickin ugly. i normally like vette's, but i can make an exception here. damn it looks like something you'd pick up at a week-old fish market. and what the hell is with you people and drag racing? a fast-combusting fuel + car with soft slicks, and that's about it. oh...put the gear ratios closer together. now, the race. put your foot into the pedal for a quarter mile, no steering, no skill required whatsoever. i swear, drag-racing is pussy racing. circuit and rally require real skill. get with the program and be more tolerable about cars. a car isn't confined to 400+ hp, an italian name, and $300,000 price tag.<!-- Signature -->

3. and what the #$%# is that avatar i have?! i did NOT pick that pile of shit to be my avatar..........<!-- Signature -->

4. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ON HERE THEN!!!!!!!!!

If you're idea is that a car is car is a car?
    And you care nothing about performance, maybe you didn't read the name of the site so let me repeat it SUPERCARS.NET.
    This is a place where you talk about performance cars, not cars that you drive everyday!

You say drag racing is such a pussy sport, maybe you should go and take a look at how much work people put in to make those cars. Drag racing is big in North America, by saying it's for pussys you dare to refer to AMERICANS AS PUSSYS!
    This car here was made for top speed, why because thats what they wanted to do and it's hard to achive and still make street legal!

My god out of all the idiots on this website I think you are make them all look so smart. If you're looking for a site about family cars I can't help you but next time you're on the net search for station wagons!

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JapCarsRuleAllTheWay</i>
    <b>Dam where did supercars.net find this shit at. They have to get the fastest car i've seen, a skyline go over 300 mph in 12 secs. It would smoke the shit out of this gay a$$ mother fu***** car. And it would take this car a while to get to top speed. Any mc lauren would smoke it in a race ring.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->and can you tell me wath kind of skyline that is? your right about onething jap cars rule, next to italian cars

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from RacePhreak13</i>
    <b>all you people are so untolerating. a car is a car! sure some cars may be built better, some may go faster, but they're all a car! Someone here was saying earlier "give credit where credit is due!" i give credit to every car manufacturer out there. a lot of people buy a car for a) the name, b)0-60 time, and c) top speed. big freakin whoop. who want's "the worlds fastest street-legal car" when you aren't even gonna get halfway there on a street?! get serious people. this car's frickin ugly. i normally like vette's, but i can make an exception here. damn it looks like something you'd pick up at a week-old fish market. and what the hell is with you people and drag racing? a fast-combusting fuel + car with soft slicks, and that's about it. oh...put the gear ratios closer together. now, the race. put your foot into the pedal for a quarter mile, no steering, no skill required whatsoever. i swear, drag-racing is pussy racing. circuit and rally require real skill. get with the program and be more tolerable about cars. a car isn't confined to 400+ hp, an italian name, and $300,000 price tag.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

When the front of your car rises off the ground, you pull a couple G's, and all you can see is the sky, I hope you can get over the fear of a flaming wreck and shift to second before your engine explodes. Drag does require some steering, not much, but if you don't want to end up in a wall you steer. Drag racing is not a sport for pussies, it's about making a fast car, having terrific reaction times, and knowing your machine well. While I like circuit racing and rally, drag racing has its own place. I assume you never drag raced.

7. The statement was of a general kind, and seeing as this was the fastest car, what a better place to put my point of view across. But I will eat my words if you give me the paragraph on where it says they ran the engine for 2 weeks before it blew up.<!-- Signature -->

8. Yank, were you "yankin" it when you wrote that? you know, the stuff about "engine misfiring"? there are so many cars out there that have problems before their made. A car isn't just made then set out on the lot and not have problems. every car probably has had problems of all kinds before they come out for sale. Even the mclaren had suspension problems at first because they couldn't handle the high speeds. I bet even the f50 you love so much had many problems before going on the lot. Maybe you should go yank it instead of looking like your actually trying to prove your ignorance.

9. Why do people living in American dislike American cars? Why live here if you dont like the products we make. Everyone thinks America is this great place to come, and it is dont get me wrong. But why would people come here just to hate and complain about American products? I mean our warships and our planes and our technology and military tactics all far outweigh almost every country, outside the superpowers and most of them including, besides what I consider our one true ally Britain. Most of those products are being made and designed in America by American workers from American money. Same goes for the true American made cars.

Granted some cars that people think are Japanese are really made in America, those are exceptions, but mainly from what I've heard and gathered not the sports cars (but please, you're entitled to correct me if I'm wrong though). Our cars are made by Americans, the same type of Americans who make the planes and weapons that defend us. So if you like the Japanese cars or the British cars and you don't live here then you might as well move to Japan or Britain because in a war I'm confident that our American made products will hold up against almost anything. Thats why its great living in America.

So put aside the statistics to what people and magazines say. Everyone's human, everyone makes mistakes and everyone has there own opinion. Magazines are written by people who have their own opinion and information gathered either from what people say or the tests they have done on cars and everyone knows no test in the world is 100% foolproof.

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Vette1</i>
    <b>Ummmm PenguinMan

You're not helping.........</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree. What the hell are you talking about?<!-- Signature -->

11. This car is cool and fast, but I don't really like it that much. A Porsche 996 Turbo or a Viper GTS could beat this car any day on a race track which is not oval like the Nascar ones. I'm talking avout the Formula 1 tracks withc curves and all that stuff. This car can only be used for drag racing or street racing. If wanted to use for other reasons, it sucks. I agree that it is the fastest car in the world tested at this moment. But this car is not stock and fully tuned. If the Bugatti EB16/4 Veyron would have its gears tuned for maximum speed, this car would be wasted. And there are also Skyline GTRs which fully tued can beat the crap out of this Corvette, but are not street legal. In conclusion, this car is only liked for two reasons: extremely fast and is a corvette and there are many vette fans out there. Me, personally, I would rather get a Porsche Boxster or a BMW M3 instead of this car. That is all.<!-- Signature -->

12. I think its cool as hell that this car goes that fast.Even after 14 years nothin is faster, that's cool. It may be a little weak in handling, maybe not but everything else is wicked. I say Callaway kicked some ass when they built this beast.<!-- Signature -->

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JapCarsRuleAllTheWay</i>
    <b>Dam where did supercars.net find this shit at. They have to get the fastest car i've seen, a skyline go over 300 mph in 12 secs. It would smoke the shit out of this gay a$$ mother fu***** car. And it would take this car a while to get to top speed. Any mc lauren would smoke it in a race ring.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Skyline is another trashy jap car. What am I going to do with an alcohol burning, ugly assed pos skyline. Take it to a gas station to fill it up on premium, which wouldn't even run on 93 octane. Worthless junk! Drive it off a bridge.

I would never buy one but,
    the vettt is bad assed!!!

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 911porsche</i>
    <b> Give me $400.000 and I will give you 254mph straight 6. Vetts are Sh#@.......................................... </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Bring plenty of alcohol with you to gas up you funnycar.

15. Whoe ever said that top speed is a big thing in the beginning of the forum is the biggest retard on earth! first fo all in a real race the casr never see their top speed becuase it takes to long for this car to reach it and also this car does nto handle good beucase the weight ditrobrution is all #$%#ed up! Also i dunno why you people even call it a car cuase only one of these shitty cars were made and it's never gonna be bought cuase nobody wants it! and plus this car is ugly ass hell! it hurts my eyes to even look at it! and my final point a stock vette is really different then this car and it is nowhere near as good as they made this car! i dunno why i used the word good becuase it's not realyl good but you get the point! and also this car was modified a shitlaod and it took them half a year to do it! and plus there were lots of reports on oil leaks and engine porblems before it actually reached this high speed! so i dunno why you people say that vettes are good ebcuase a stock vette is totally different then this car so don't say it's a vette cuase their is like nothing that a real vette has in this car!<!-- Signature -->