Re: FAST BUT 2002 ZO6 CAN KILL THIS WITH EASE

Discussion in '2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R' started by BrownDoggie, Aug 9, 2002.

1. 5/10's of a second may equal 5 car lengths in the 1/4 mile, but not from 0-60.

This car, according to Car & Driver, "has a race-style clutch; off the line, traction was the only lacking element to launch this car to 60 mph."

2. #2 BP, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from evolushun</i>
    <b>Any car that has 405hp STOCK seems pretty sick to me. Cobra-R, competition? YEA RIGHT! It runs a 4.4 0-60 time, while the 2002 Z06 runs a 0-60 time in 3.9. Thats 5 tenths of a second faster, and 5 tenths of a second = 5 car lengths, for all you Ford lovers out there who will get smoked in your Cobra-R's. And who knows what a little tuning can get your hp up to a 2002 Z06...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Why are you comparing it to a 2002 Z06? The Cobra R came out in 2001, and competes with a 2001 Z06. If you read Car and Driver, you would've seen a comparison where they had the Cobra R, Z06, and Viper compete. The Cobra R and Z06 are very close in performance, the 2002 Z06 will probably beat the Cobra R by more, but that's just because of the horsepower advantage. If you want to see the stats from the mag, I posted them here the other day -- http://www.supercars.net/Msg?viewThread=true&bottom=31&forumID=2&threadID=72420 (about halfway down).

3. yall sound like a bunch of little kids!!!! I have a 96 honda civic with NOS and it will do a quarter mile in 9 flat!!!! and that stupid corvette could never outrun it in your wildest dreams!!!! SO THERE!!

4. A lot of you guys got off topic by comparing your cars to the Cobra R. It started out as being compared to a 2002 ZO6. The fact is, that the ZO6 is 2 years newer and has been upgraded more from 2000. When the Cobra R and the ZO6 went head to head, the only thing the ZO6 had over the R was price. Besides that they were very similiar. I personally have a 2000 GT with full exhaust, supercharger, and other drag goodies and I'm sure I could beat the R. But the fact of the matter is, speed isn't everything. The car is a collectors item, and is very rare. Ford could've thrown some crazy-fast car together, but this is different compared to other Stangs. A ZO6 has what... rear brake ducts and bigger wheels. Who cares? The R is totally unike and totally Ford.

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Cobra R Stinger</i>
    <b>BAD ASS AMERICAN CARS
    Just Wait Till The New Saleen Mustang Comes Out With About 450hp Stock
    then Vetts Will have no chance</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The new Saleen mustang <laughs>. When the new C6 vette comes out the saleen and this car will be smoked like cheap weed ((and if your a little kid it shwag))<!-- Signature -->

6. WHEN it comes out, I guess we'll see; In the mean time, the Saleen R is a badass car.

7. FAST BUT 2002 ZO6 CAN KILL THIS WITH EASE

ZO6 405HP 2002 3100 LBS 6SPD
    DAMN WHAT A CAR HARDER COMPETITION FOR COBRA R

8. The cobra-R shouldn't even be compared w/ the zo6. A new completely stock vette can whoop a cobra-R w/ only an exhaust or cooling system upgrade. Corvettes are faster and better looking. You barely ever see cobra-R's on the street because everyone would rather have a nice vette. <!-- Signature -->

9. wow your dumb.....you don't see many Cobra R's cause they only made 300.....and on the track the Cobra R out performed the Viper and Z06 (the 3 cars were compared by Moter trend in an earlier issue)...but the Z06 is definatly a sick car....I don't know if the the new Z06 would beat the Cobra R...but 405hp sounds damn impressive....

10. Stop being a jerk, 94stang5L. How is talking sh*t going to get you anywhere? I know that not just any car can whoop a cobra-R. I am just stating my opinions backed up by facts. I read car magazines too, and each one has something different about one car outperforming another. I can't have any fun on these forums. This is a pretty nice car, but I feel that it is a ripoff. If you want a car like this for handeling and speed, without paying the price, a high tuned GM LS1 is the bargain. I might sometimes be a jerk about some things every once in a while. It is funny watching you mustang people get p*ssed off like a pregnant woman.<!-- Signature -->

11. Any new car is a #$%#ing rip-off from a performance stand point then, 30 grand for a 12 sec 1/4 mile in a new SS? and Almost 50 grand for mid 12's in a Z06? **** that, take a older mid 80's Mustang or Maro and dump the rest of the money in to equal the price of a SS Maro and you will have a dangerous machine on your hands.

12. That is true...thats why I have an 84" that I am getting an LS1 with a 6-speed tranny and will be putting twin turbos on the car. I will have an estimated 575-625 bhp and the car should easily pass up 200 mph all for under 25,000 (cost of car included). As for the Camaro I have, I am going to build that up for SCCA sedan class as soon as I can get my proper licenses (but that is going to be a little while...lol, I yet to start working on getting them).<!-- Signature -->

13. BUDDY I OWN A 2000 CAMARO SS WITH 589.6 RRWHP AND IT WOULD KILL YOUR MUSTANG IT'S RATED TO RUN IN THE MID TO LOW TENS AND TRUST ME WHEN IT WAS TUNED TO 360 HP IWAS WAS SMOKING ROUSH STAGE 2 AND 1996 SALEEN S351 AND IF I EVER SEE A COBRA R I'LL SURE AS HELL SMOKE ONE TOO AND I ONLY SPENT $3500 FOR IT TO RUN IN THE TWELVES. $7500 PAXTON SUPERCHARGER.

14. damn it you americans are turning into slant eyed short ass japs. "well if i mod this it might be better" and "oh well my NOS will kill your turbo". moding is a great way for a 16 year old kid to own the dragster he wants however when you can afford it buy a better car and you will notice a difference. now im not saying all mods are bad in fact i use em too but not in the dumbass horsepower crazy straight line racer shit way you do. a 74 911 rs with an agressive suspension pack, better breaks tower braces, re tooled intakes and exhausts, better cooling unit, plugs and wire, new cams and lightened. oh i also took the ugly fin off da back and put on one like the rsr's all i need do still is over boar to 2.9. this will also allow the engine to rev higher. net cost $500
    + car (29 000) 0-62mph is around 5 "Thats me driving it" you stupid little kids would be lucky to get a high 7 out of any car you drove.

15. sorry thats 5000 not 500

16. Sorry, but in my 84 Corvette I hit 0-60 in 5.9 with the original motor in it...that is when it was factory with the ever so sorry cross fire fuel injection system that GM only used for 2 years and it produced only 205 bhp w/ 290 ft/lbs modded with chip, intake and exaust to 255 bhp w/ 332 ft/lbs. Yes, a Porshe has about the best handling in the world and I do plan on getting me one, I to am disgusted with straight line performace which is why I choose a Corvette as a base car and the suspension is the first thing I am building before I put the turbocharged LS1 with a Rochester 6-speed in it. So before you call anyone a kid...find out who you are talking to first. <!-- Signature -->

17. Everyone stop comparing this thing to a stock zo6. Lets compare it to the might C5 R vette. This thing couldn't touch it.

Cobra R
    0-60=4.4
    0-100=11.0
    1/4 mile time=13.2 at 109.1
    Bhp=385
    Top Speed=175

C5 R vette
    0-60=3.5
    0-100=6.5
    1/4 mile time=10.3 at 136
    Bhp=610
    Top Speed=217

Clearly the vette kills it no hands down. Oh and to the person who said the cobra bets vipers and vettes in races. U are an idiot vettes and vipers kill this thing. Did u hear about a cobra or even a saleen s-351 competing against the vette in la mons. No!!!!

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from C5 R Vette</i>
    <b>Everyone stop comparing this thing to a stock zo6. Lets compare it to the might C5 R vette. This thing couldn't touch it.

Cobra R
    0-60=4.4
    0-100=11.0
    Bhp=385
    Top Speed=175

C5 R vette
    0-60=3.5
    0-100=6.5
    Bhp=610
    Top Speed=217

Clearly the vette kills it no hands down. Oh and to the person who said the cobra bets vipers and vettes in races. U are an idiot vettes and vipers kill this thing. Did u hear about a cobra or even a saleen s-351 competing against the vette in la mons. No!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What in the hell are you talking about? The C5-R is a race car, that ISN'T STREET LEGAL! And besides, it's quite costly to buy one of the FIVE that GM is planning to sell for homologation purposes.

19. Talking about the road version C5 R vette<!-- Signature -->

20. yea i watched that episode of motor trend and the cobra-r came in dead last. dont get me wrong i dont hate ford or the cobra. i mean it is pretty cool but the zo6 would beat it no problem.

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 94FORMULA</i>
    <b>The cobra-R shouldn't even be compared w/ the zo6. A new completely stock vette can whoop a cobra-R w/ only an exhaust or cooling system upgrade. Corvettes are faster and better looking. You barely ever see cobra-R's on the street because everyone would rather have a nice vette. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Very True!! Very good reply! No1 wants to pay anything over 30k$ for a Ford! There are some crazy people out there but not that crazy!<!-- Signature -->

22. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from europeanguy</i>
    <b>I cant stand you ford lovers. I dont know what it is about fords that gives you guys hardons but please buy a real car. i am not much of an american car type-of-guy personally i would buy a bwm or audi but since i do like some american cars i would go for the pushrod zo6. why not, atleast this is drivable and is faster looks better corners better.and this one can accually run fast on pump gas and gets way better milage. you would have to buy racing fuel if you wanted to be competitive with that ford. you people need to stop looking at the numbers and think practicaltity. you could drive a zo6 and push it and it wouldnt break every ten miles like the mustand would. so grow some balls and quit drooling over these pathetic fords</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Buying a real car, you going for a Z06, corvette's looking better, Mustangs breaking every ten miles are all opinonated statements of yours. And I'm sure everyone on here values your opinons. But you are wrong in your statement of saying that a ZO6 handles (or in your words: corners) better than a Cobra-R. And pretty much that lays in the hands of the driver. And whats this about racing fuel? Maybe the real deal is not that "you can't stand Ford lovers" I think that it is more like you can't stand up to Ford lovers. You sound like a crying little baby and maybe you keep your knocks to yourself before I slap you across your punk chin with my big balls.

23. BAD ASS AMERICAN CARS
    Just Wait Till The New Saleen Mustang Comes Out With About 450hp Stock
    then Vetts Will have no chance<!-- Signature -->

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from C5 R Vette</i>
    <b>Everyone stop comparing this thing to a stock zo6. Lets compare it to the might C5 R vette. This thing couldn't touch it.

Cobra R
    0-60=4.4
    0-100=11.0
    Bhp=385
    Top Speed=175

C5 R vette
    0-60=3.5
    0-100=6.5
    Bhp=610
    Top Speed=217

Clearly the vette kills it no hands down. Oh and to the person who said the cobra bets vipers and vettes in races. U are an idiot vettes and vipers kill this thing. Did u hear about a cobra or even a saleen s-351 competing against the vette in la mons. No!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Are u #$%#ing dumb? PLz the C5 R is a race car, this is a street legal car. FORD RULES

25. Supra1all there's is only 300 cobra r's that why you dont see you stupid ass not because they want vetts<!-- Signature -->