Re: Ferrari vs. Syclone

Discussion in '1964 Morgan +4+ Coupé' started by ivanko, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Whatever SHOboy.

2. #2 ivanko, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  3. Btw, I can't understand why the owner of this web site refuses to add the 1991 GMC Syclone to the list? It's faster, handles better and is more rare than the Typhoon w/ only 2998 ever produced.

4. Ivanko See C & D Magazine

"http://www.sportmachines.com/magrack/car_driver_9-91.html"

Good story! Syclone is cool but I still rather have the Typhoon. Actually have you herd of the GMC C3 Lithenfelter(Speling?) 0-60 in 4.7 seconds! <!-- Signature -->

5. Yes, I'm very familiar with the truck. You found it at sportmachines?

That beast should be faster than 4.7 seconds , especially considering the money John sunk into it.. Heck my Syclone stock runs 4.6.

Later.

Adam

6. There are a few Cars that deserve to be on this site...

The Syclone for sure

and the Volkswagen Corrado G60 and VR6...

Corrado is the best 4/6 Cylinder from germany I have ever seen! a little funny looking but really fast!<!-- Signature -->

7. Syclone vs Ferrari? it flies, sure
    Typhoon vs Ferrari? stock? no chance

8. Syclone vs. Ferrari? Typhoon vs. Ferrari? WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE!? You cannot compare these trucks to a Ferrari you idiots!!! While were at it lets throw a Geo Metro vs. a McLaren F1!!! It might be a close race I think the Metro would edge it out in the end. You STUPID MORON!!!!!!

9. Actully a car magazine compared the performace of the GMC Syclone to a Ferrari 348 and the Syclone was faster in straight line, i never did get to read the article , but thats pretty impressive for a pick-up truck. Car Craft had a article of a Syclone with only ported heads and a 4500 rpm stall converter and it did a 10.99 in the 1/4 mile now thats really impressive. i've seen numbers on the Syclone and it did 0-60 in 4.9 and the 1/4 mile in 13.6 @ 98.6 mph. and thats totaly stock.

10. seriously shoboy read the damn article what do you think ivan made that link up from the top of his head and put it on here. read before you speak next time

thats right skyline gtr v6 twin turbo AND supercharged<!-- Signature -->

11. There are a few Cars that deserve to be on this site...

The Syclone for sure

and the Volkswagen Corrado G60 and VR6...

Corrado is the best 4/6 Cylinder from germany I have ever seen! a little funny looking but really fast!

I would have to disagree about the Corrado being the best 4 cylinder from Germany , i would say the Porsche 968 is better by far , it was the worlds most powerfull naturally aspirated 4 cylinder in the world.

12. that is a beautiful syline engine

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Scotti Ducati</i>
    <b>Actully a car magazine compared the performace of the GMC Syclone to a Ferrari 348 and the Syclone was faster in straight line, i never did get to read the article , but thats pretty impressive for a pick-up truck. Car Craft had a article of a Syclone with only ported heads and a 4500 rpm stall converter and it did a 10.99 in the 1/4 mile now thats really impressive. i've seen numbers on the Syclone and it did 0-60 in 4.9 and the 1/4 mile in 13.6 @ 98.6 mph. and thats totaly stock.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Stright line? To qute Shumacher "Fun is not a stright line" So the car go fast forward? And so? On a twisty mountain road the Ferrari would kick it's ass BADLY!<!-- Signature -->

14. that isn't the issue fartknocker. yes the GMC Syclone is a truck, but it was based on a theoretical sportscar that GMC were not allowed to produce, so they passed it to the truck division and dressed it up to look like one. like most american cars it isnt built for handling (as The good old US of A has amazing resources and can afford to build straight roads) but as far as putting power down and hitting 13's on 1/4 stretch it is pretty hard to beat. the article mentioned was from april 92's copy of car and driver and it was stock for stock GMC syclone vs. Ferrari 348tb. the syclone has frequently been reported by it's drivers as being a superb "start" car ie. no matter how crap a driver you are, you can get a good start in it of the standing line. theoretically it would have a good chance against much more "popular" sportscars due to this. but then again, you always have to be sure about what the concept is about. american street racing (pink slips over the 1/4mile) is different to other styles.
    and finally, before anyone goes a big rubbery one, yes i like Nissan Skylines, yes i like Prsche, yes i like HKS. dammit i like all cars.
    it's not what you drive, it's how you drive it.

15. Can you be more specific about which Ferrari? An F-40, F-50, yes, a Testarossa, maybe, but a Magnum PI 308, not.

16. tough acceleration for a such car.