Re: For Only 158, 000 this is the Best Car on the Market

Discussion in '2000 Ford Saleen Mustang SR' started by TurboMike, Aug 9, 2002.

1. For Only 158, 000 this is the Best Car on the Market

No doubt<!-- Signature -->

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TurboMike</i>
    <b>No doubt</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

ACCESS DENIED!!!!!!! DUMB ASS!!!!!!!!!

3. i detect some imaturity in here...
    that's why mustangs suck, cus the only people that like 'em
    are rednecks, and young teens<!-- Signature -->

4. and no, it is not the best car in the market...
    for that price u can buy a cheap new corvette and modify it until u hace an unbeatable monster, this car sucks, very hard<!-- Signature -->

5. if they sell a Z06 for $50,000 , how good can be a $150,000 corvette???<!-- Signature -->

6. Mustangs are a piece, lamborghini actually have fine tuned precision handling and are much better balanced than this car. It doesn't matter if it's top speed is 202 mph it would probably spin out much before

7. Ford fans, don't worry about. Wait for the GT40. It'll be the ultimate American supercar, and it's expected to have everything the same as this little mosnter except it may be cheaper and lighter, and certainly more aerodynamic.

8. I hope the GT40 makes it to production, because then maybe we'd have more than one good supercar here in America. I'm talking, of course, about the Z06 Corvette. The Viper sucks, the Mustang sucks, the Camero sucks. The Saleen S7 is cool, as are the Mosler MT900 and Shelby Series 1, but there aren't actually any S7s on the road, the MT900 is strictly a race car, and the Shelby Series 1 is slow for the price. The Z06 is fast (as fast as the Series 1), handles well, and is cheap, even if it isn't the best looking beast around. This Saleen Mustang SR is trash...build the GT40 for so I don't have to be ashamed of my country's cars!<!-- Signature -->

9. Did the maker of this form ever hear of a little car called the "2000 Porsche 911 turbo?" for $118,000 (that's $40,000 less) and the Porsche and saleen have almost the same accel. (1/4 mile) and the Porsche LOOKS so much better, and the Porsche has so much better HANDLING, and a Porsche is so much more RELIABLE, ford, lol, they just can't make fast cars, or reliable cars, or good looking cars...come to think about it, why does ford make cars? they should stop while they are ahead...<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from z28vette</i>
    <b>and no, it is not the best car in the market...
    for that price u can buy a cheap new corvette and modify it until u hace an unbeatable monster, this car sucks, very hard</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

This car beats the Vettes in the GT class, over and over again.
    NUFF SAID

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Tha Kingpin</i>
    <b>Mustangs are a piece, lamborghini actually have fine tuned precision handling and are much better balanced than this car. It doesn't matter if it's top speed is 202 mph it would probably spin out much before</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Aren't Lambos alwayz bashed for their lack of handling compared to Porsches and Ferarris? Besides, this is not a Ford really. Just a Mustang body and maybe some other parts from it. I seriously doubt the Lambo would outhandle it. Then again, the Diablo looks better, sounds better, and will get you more ass than you can handle provided you have any cash left after buying it.

12. You can get the Dodge Hennessy Viper Venom 800TT for 160,000. That car would waste this saleen and is pretty much the same price. Think about it. 0-60 is faster 0-100 is faster 0-100-0 is faster, handling is better, top speed is higher, and it has a engine that makes this engine look pointless. C ya.

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TurboPorsche</i>
    <b>Did the maker of this form ever hear of a little car called the "2000 Porsche 911 turbo?" for $118,000 (that's $40,000 less) and the Porsche and saleen have almost the same accel. (1/4 mile) and the Porsche LOOKS so much better, and the Porsche has so much better HANDLING, and a Porsche is so much more RELIABLE, ford, lol, they just can't make fast cars, or reliable cars, or good looking cars...come to think about it, why does ford make cars? they should stop while they are ahead...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Let's do a comparo

quarter mile
    911t 12.4
    SR 11.8

skidpad
    911t .96G
    SR 1.09G

top speed
    911t 189mph
    SR 202mph

weight
    911t 3500lb.
    SR 3100lb.

horsepower
    911t 415hp
    SR 505hp

braking 60-0
    911t 126 ft.
    SR 98 ft.

The Saleen would rape the 911 on the track. It's a stripped-down race car built according to the results at the Lockheed-Martin's full-size wind tunnel in Marietta, Georgia. It is much more aerodynamic and better suited to the track than the Porsche because that was Saleens goal.

The SR beats the 911 turbo in every category except price. If you still think Ford can't compete with Porshe do a search for 'GT40', it will be produced and will beat even a GT2 100k vs. 180k.

14. the best saleen mustang ever built!