Re: Ford ain't got Sh*t!!!

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06' started by locoako786, Aug 9, 2002.

1. nothings specific.... chevy.com says under 4 seconds so theres no actual timing its just how fast u r on the pedal and shift

2. Ford ain't got Sh*t!!!

Ford has nothing to compete with the Z06. Nothing!!! The Z06 is born and raised start to finish in a GM factory. No outside tuners. The SVT line has nothing in their arsenal to achieve a 12.3 quarter mile, 0-60 in 3.8 seconds. The Cobra R, which costs more (has no AC or stereo) can't even touch these numbers. Chevy started the American muscle sceen in 1953, and to this day still dominates. Nobody cares about this new Cobra, which gained a whole bunch of weight and needs jap mods (supercharger) to be "fast."

Long live Chevy. Long live pushrod\cam power. Long live the most respected American legend: Corvette. <!-- Signature -->

3. I see you aren't familiar with the Ford GT-40. Will be reborn in 2003.

BTW, what makes you think the Corvette gets to 60 in 3.8 seconds? The best is 4.07, rounded to 4.1. The 0-60 in 3.9 figure was without using the clutch, and therefore, as stated, can not be counted.<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SSfearSS</i>
    <b>Ford has nothing to compete with the Z06. Nothing!!! The Z06 is born and raised start to finish in a GM factory. No outside tuners. The SVT line has nothing in their arsenal to achieve a 12.3 quarter mile, 0-60 in 3.8 seconds. The Cobra R, which costs more (has no AC or stereo) can't even touch these numbers. Chevy started the American muscle sceen in 1953, and to this day still dominates. Nobody cares about this new Cobra, which gained a whole bunch of weight and needs jap mods (supercharger) to be "fast."

Long live Chevy. Long live pushrod\cam power. Long live the most respected American legend: Corvette. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Ohhhhh boy....heeere we go again. Figures your the one to start yet ANOTHER....Cobra / Z06 comparison. You mention the Cobra R...WHY? Why are your bringing up the Cobra R? Why are you saying nobody cares about the new Cobra? What the hell are you talking about? What jap car uses a supercharger, how is it a jap mod? Every charger on the market for sale is made in the US, paxton, eaton, vortech...its also used on almost every pontiac sedan, who in their own comercials claim to be "the leader in supercharged power." I've already explained so much to you man, about how Ford doesnt "need" a supercharger, why they did it this way, you never respnd to anything i say, because you have nothing to say but your opinion, thats all. im so tired of you, your just a tiring little mother #$%#ing punk. Start to finish in a GM factory, no outside tuners? Ive also said this to you maybe 10 times now, I thought I was getting somewhere, maybe Im not...SVT is not an outside tuner. Ford Mustang Cobras...are built...in a Ford factory....on the same....production line....as every other mustang.....the motor....is .... hand built...by FORD...techs....signed by them....and is drivin away...from a FORD factory...no outside tuning. You brought up the Cobra R...your right it cant touch 12.3...but, for over 15 THOUSAND DOLLARS LESS, you can get an '03 Cobra that runs 12.64 into a headwind with an overweight driver. And it has a Mach 1000 Stereo, CD changer, and a back seat...unlike the Cobra R you brought up. I think the Z06 is a beautifully designed and performing vehical...I would love one...but you keep comparing it to the new Cobra and saying the Cobra sucks..blah blah...I cant even continue with you...blow me.

5. I wasn't comparing it to the Z06. I was comparing Chevy's best to Fords best. Nobody can say anything about me bashing Ford. This is a Chevy forum. And, the Z06 DOES do it in 3.8. When the GT40 IS released, then we'll have new wars. Plain and simple, Chevy wins for 2002 power. White GT, I wouldn't blow you for a billion dollars. Seems you have trouble accepting Chevrolet has the fastest car for 2002. But again, you can prove me wrong. Be careful, though. The Z06 is FACTORY tuned, so you must do the same...<!-- Signature -->

6. BTW, WhiteGT. Where did I say that SVT is an outside tuner? Why are you making sh*t up just to argue with me? Spread your false wisdom somewhere else. The fact you said, "blow me" just shows what kind of person you are. Now, would you like to debate with me using text I actually typed, or are you gonna keep making things up you "think" I said?<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SSfearSS</i>
    <b>And, the Z06 DOES do it in 3.8</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I would <b>really</b> like to see that article where you came up with that.<!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SSfearSS</i>
    <b>And, the Z06 DOES do it in 3.8</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I would <b>really</b> like to see that article where you came up with that.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It's possible, but you have to have someone good at driveing to do that 3.9 is about what anyone could do(maybe 4.0).<!-- Signature -->

9. sc.net claims 3.9. I've seen claims of 3.8.<!-- Signature -->

10. That doesn't make it so. Dodge could claim the Viper can get to 60 in 3.0 seconds. Does that mean the Viper will be able to get to 60 that fast? No. Claims are nothing, the real proof is what counts. And 4.1 was the best I've seen for the Corvette, 3.9 being with clutchless shifting, which doesn't count.<!-- Signature -->

11. SVSi Viper

Actually, Viper, Car and Driver only SUGGESTED that the 3.9 figure was achieved using the clutch. They said that at least a few people can "bang off clutchless upshifts" so perhaps that's how. Perhaps you are referring to a different source.

However, it's no secret that often car mag testers can't match the figures claimed by the factory (even though they are real).

And I don't see how that "doesn't count."

If they achieved that figure by towing the Corvette behind a rocket car, fine; but any method they use from INSIDE the car, IMHO, is acceptable. <!-- Signature -->

12. Yea and I'ver heard "claims" the Cobra runs 12.4 1/4 miles. And you say SVT has NOTHING that can even touch those numbers? Maybe not, but they can come within one hundreth of a second for over 15 grand less. And you didnt respond to a couple things I said, big surprise, so again I'll ask, why do you keep bringing up the supercharger? Are you jealous or something? Why is it a jap mod? How many japanese cars come with superchargers? What, a new Xterra? What else? What the hell are you talking about. Its an American mod jackass. Eaton, Paxton, Vortech. American, no jap crap here. And what about precious GM using an add slogan "Leader in supercharged power" for Pontiac? Whats the deal with that? You never mentioned anything about that? I mentioned earlier that SVT isnt an outside tuner because, you were obviously comparing the Z06 to an SVT Cobra R, which though most expensive, isnt the top. The 03 Cobra handels better, and is faster than the Cobra R. The '03 also has the CD changer Mach 1000, back seat, and A/C, annemities not found on a Cobra R. Again, the 03 Cobra is the top, so if you have to do another god awful comparison, thats the one to use. And you made a big stink about how the Z06 is tuned "IN FACTORY", so all I was saying was, big deal, the Cobra is too. And you keep blabbering like Chevy has dominated the American muscle scene (thats e-n-e) for 50 years or something....WHAT? I dont think so pal. True its an Icon, but what about the new Viper....its faster than the current fastest Vette. Of course now your probably going to argue that its two extra cylinders are some kind of "jap mod".

13. Re: SVSi Viper

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from YamahaR6</i>
    <b>Actually, Viper, Car and Driver only SUGGESTED that the 3.9 figure was achieved using the clutch. They said that at least a few people can "bang off clutchless upshifts" so perhaps that's how. Perhaps you are referring to a different source.

However, it's no secret that often car mag testers can't match the figures claimed by the factory (even though they are real).

And I don't see how that "doesn't count."

If they achieved that figure by towing the Corvette behind a rocket car, fine; but any method they use from INSIDE the car, IMHO, is acceptable. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I meant that it wouldn't count because its "cheating" when you don't use the clutch to knock off a better 0-60 time, since you don't use that method for all cars and it is harmful to the car.

As far as I know, that 3.9 second 0-60, or anything faster for that matter, was never achieved. If any of you have a source proving me wrong, it would be greatly appreciated.<!-- Signature -->

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from whiteGT</i>
    <b>Yea and I'ver heard "claims" the Cobra runs 12.4 1/4 miles. And you say SVT has NOTHING that can even touch those numbers? Maybe not, but they can come within one hundreth of a second for over 15 grand less. And you didnt respond to a couple things I said, big surprise, so again I'll ask, why do you keep bringing up the supercharger? Are you jealous or something? Why is it a jap mod? How many japanese cars come with superchargers? What, a new Xterra? What else? What the hell are you talking about. Its an American mod jackass. Eaton, Paxton, Vortech. American, no jap crap here. And what about precious GM using an add slogan "Leader in supercharged power" for Pontiac? Whats the deal with that? You never mentioned anything about that? I mentioned earlier that SVT isnt an outside tuner because, you were obviously comparing the Z06 to an SVT Cobra R, which though most expensive, isnt the top. The 03 Cobra handels better, and is faster than the Cobra R. The '03 also has the CD changer Mach 1000, back seat, and A/C, annemities not found on a Cobra R. Again, the 03 Cobra is the top, so if you have to do another god awful comparison, thats the one to use. And you made a big stink about how the Z06 is tuned "IN FACTORY", so all I was saying was, big deal, the Cobra is too. And you keep blabbering like Chevy has dominated the American muscle scene (thats e-n-e) for 50 years or something....WHAT? I dont think so pal. True its an Icon, but what about the new Viper....its faster than the current fastest Vette. Of course now your probably going to argue that its two extra cylinders are some kind of "jap mod". </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Are you sure about the 2003 Cobra being faster and better handling then the Cobra R? I know the new Cobra is now the best bang for you're buck (though I'd still spend the extra and get a Vette). But I'm almost positive the Cobra R is still a better handling car. Anyway can you post some stats comparing the two Mustangs?

15. #15 tyhel, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  16. so at last wich is the fastest production american car?<!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vacanyols</i>
    <b>so at last wich is the fastest production american car?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

For now its the Dodge Viper without a doubt, but in 2003, its between the Viper and the GT-40. Close match, both at 500 horsepower.<!-- Signature -->

18. #18 SvSi Viper, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TYMOL</i>
    <b>I have seen people on www.corvetteforum.com and other places pulling 3.7</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

And I've seen people on the Viper forums claiming 11.5 second quarter mile times bone stock. Doesn't make it so. To compare acceleration times you must reduce variables. To do that, have them all be tested by the same mags. Maybe when a mag tests the Viper they don't powershift, but Corvette owners powershift the hell outta their car. Its only fair to compare times the magazines have gotten. At least thats what I believe.<!-- Signature -->

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>
    <b>I see you aren't familiar with the Ford GT-40. Will be reborn in 2003.

BTW, what makes you think the Corvette gets to 60 in 3.8 seconds? The best is 4.07, rounded to 4.1. The 0-60 in 3.9 figure was without using the clutch, and therefore, as stated, can not be counted.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

still better than porsche, and many other 250k cars (lambo, ferrari, mclaren f1 - in my eyes-)

20. oh spaghetti crap can't compete with the vette stop talking about italian cars!<!-- Signature -->

21. Ford's, crappier stats, horrible interior, exspensiver, less every-day-of car, uglier, no passion. I would much rather have a mustang modified by saleen.

22. what about the Saleen S7 and the Mosler Mt900 Photon? Those are, beyond any doubt, faster. Both are also production

23. I like saleens to don't get me wrong, but the s281-e is nearly the same horsepower and same performance. You would be paying an extra 25,000 for saleen floor mats(80), saleen body kit(1,500), some door inserts(not sure can't be more than 100) and a different shifter. Sounds nice if you like being ripped off. I don't understand why .2 of a second means some much to so many people. The cars aren't in the same class. The corvette is the better performer you are right, but you pay for it. You tell me when you can afford $800 car payments, not to mention the insurance.

Dream Garage
    1999 acr viper
    2003 z06
    2003 cobra

24. You call him ignorant, and yet you are saying that every American car is crap. And why did you feel you had to bring back this thread?

25. So your soapbox racer made into the top 10 when talking about quality and luxury? Your soapbox racer employed technology enabling the cutoff of cylinders when they're not being used, and reintergrating them seamlessly when they are needed?

It's amazing they can do what they do without ever driving a car, isn't it?