Re: Gimme a Benz ML 55

Discussion in '2000 BMW X5 Lemans Concept' started by fizzle, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Go see for myself who is faster eh? Well, as I said in my previous post, "Don't EVER try to argue that Mercedes' are better than Bimmers. You'll just shut yourself down again...and again...and again. Trust me losers...it's not a battle you can win." But noooo, you retards just won't stop will you? Well, this so called "fast" C32 AMG, as I supected, is just another Mercedes piece of junk.

Where should I start? Well, let's talk about raw perfomance, shall we? The BMW M3 has a natrually aspirated inline 6 cyl. engine. No supercharged junk or anything like that...just straight up MPower. 0-60? 4.8 seconds (although some may argue it can be achieved in 4.6 seconds).

Now, this oustandingly "fast" C32 AMG sports a 3.2 liter "AMG-built" intercooled supercharged V6 engine. Wow, supercharged, must be fast eh? And look at the horsepower-350hp to be exact. That's 17 more than the M3. This engine produces 332lb-ft of torque as well. A WHOPPING 70 more than the M3. Specs that, in an unknowing man's mind, prove it to be faster than the M3.

However, Mercedes loving morons, this is simply not the case. The C32 AMG, my friends, can only produce a 0-60 time, at best, of 4.9 seconds. Sickening, to say the least. How inneficient this engine must be. Same size as the M3, yet supercharged and with more peak horsepower and torque. And better yet, Mercedes expects you to plunk down an extra 5k more than the M3, for what?

Well, the M3 is faster, but the C32 AMG cost more. "It must be better in other ways." You morons keep telling yourself. Well, maybe you're right, let's see. Um...wow, the C32 comes STANDARD with an automatic tranny. Outstanding, my grandma is really stoked on those. Sounds like a true sports car. No manual tranny available. Boy, how can BMW even compete with a company like this.

Ahh, what great laughs you Mercedes losers bring to me. I must really thank you.

So kids, yet again, we see that BMW will always rule the road. (At least when compared to Mercedes) So join us next time, when another loser who is into Mercedes becuase he doesn't know crap about cars is shut down again...and again after that!<!-- Signature -->

2. all of u who think a Merceds is better ur all stupit ass hole. mercdes are the crappyist cars ever built. there AMG E55 is an automatic who do u put a good engin with an automatic transmision BMW all the way

3. M3 faster than C32? Haha, just want magazine do you guys read?
    C32's 0-60 time is 0.2 seconds faster than M3 with an automatic transmission. Why doens't the C32 come with a manual? Personally I think that's stupid too, but hey, if it did come with a manual, then the M3 couldn't eat its dust cuz it will be so far ahead of it.

4. Oh yea, and all the Bimmers lover here. BMW used to make nice cars, I like BMW too. But as car manufacturers all around the world are trying to make their cars look better, i don't understand why BMW started to make their car look uglier. Haha

The new 7 series: Full of technology that Mercedes already has, such as Active Body Control. The WOW, "I-drive", "I" stands for idiot. And a body so ugly that the president of BMW should feel shamful

5. Want me to continue?

There was the 8 series which was a total failure. Basically nobody liked it and nobody bought it. Cuz it's so ugly compared with the Mercedes SL class. And it seems that BMW didn't learn from its mistakes and the new Z8 is as ugly as before, if not even uglier. When BMW said the Z8 is suppose to compete in the luxury sport market, I almost choked, cuz it's less luxury, less sporty, and much uglier than the new SL class to come.
    And oh yea, the M-powered Z3 coupe? again, no one bought it cuz the SLK looks far too much better, who cares if it was faster?

It seems that the 3 series is the only line of BMW cars that are relatively successful, that is before this generation of C-class came out. And the X5 is successful too compared with the ML class, because X5 has better on road performance, and ironically, that's what stupid SUV buyers want, an SUV that drives like a car. So, X5 4.6 faster than ML55? Fine, but I'd rather take a C32 and kick your stupid asses.

6. Ok davut!

Lets look generally at mercedes engines for example i think there is over the complete palette of engines no mercedes engine that can compete against bmws, exept the supercharged engines:wooooooooooooowwwwww thats great mercedes isnt able to compete against bmw engines!!!! and the future plans show that mercedes will build more supercharged engines, lolololololol!!!!!
    and please you donŽt realy compare the z8, which is without any doubt a supercar, with the new sl,haha what a joke! i drove with z8 and hey the people are looking!!!!! ok with new sl too, but not a little bit like with z8!

7. Why do you mercedes lovers have to talk so much crap about BMW's huh??

First of all Bimmers are for more stylish, performance worthy and simply superior to Benzs. Why do you keep comparing turbo charged engines with normal engines????

You idiots...that's like comparing a BB gun with a bazooka. Make comparisons that actually make sense.

Oh and answer me this all you MB ass kissers out there...If MBs are so freakin phenomenal why did McLaren choose BMW to make the engine for the King Of High Performance Road Cars huh?????<!-- Signature -->

8. Okay Davut, you asked for it.

Okay, moron. I don't know if you have read my last two posts, because you are acting like a complete idiot by all this crap you are spewing out of your mouth. So guess what? It's time to shut you down. Again...fool.

Well, loser...the stats I obtained came directly from mbusa.com. No magazine at all actually.

Um...I'm not sure where you learned math, but the M3 has a 0-60 time of 4.6 seconds. It is not available with a automatic transmission, unlike the C32, the M3 is a sports car. The C32 AMG has a 0-60 of 4.9. And, I don't know about you with your messed up Mercedes-Loving mind, but that gives the M3 a .3 second FASTER 0-60 time. Get it right, loser.

I'll tell you why. Cause Mercedes is not focused on sports cars at all. They are purely in a market for "Over-The-Hill" snooty rich people who don't know the difference between an automatic and a manual. Not to mention almost every other aspect of a car.

What the heck is the matter with you loser? Stop living in a dream land. "IF"!?!?! Oh, well yeah, and if BMW made a car with a rocket strapped to the back of it, nothing could beat that either. Retard.

Don't EVEN get me started on how many cars Mercedes has had to discontinue or completely remodel due to low sales. You think you would at least know a little about the company you love so much before you attempt to shut another company down for something Mercedes is so well known for.

If you think BMW had lost sales of the 8 Series to the SL class, you are more retarded then I orginally thought you were.

Live in the now fool. Compare cars that are in production with cars that are in production. You'll find every aspect of the current SL class can not EVEN come close to competeing with the Z8. If you don't believe me. Say so...I will prove it.

"...far too much better..." Wow, I didn't even know it was possible to write with such grace. Where the hell did you learn to write, moron. And you are comparing two sports cars (well the bimmer is a sports car, I don't know if I can say the same about the SLK) purely on looks?! Wow, you have really reached a new low. Looks are 100% opinion. You can NOT judge anything by looks my friend. Haven't you been through Jr. High? I think Mercedes are ugly as crap. But if they could outperform a BMW in every aspect, as the MRoadster does to the SLK, then the best performing car would be the better car. Hands down, no questions.

Um...are you an ididot? The MRoadster could not only outperform the SLK in 0-60 times, but in slalom, braking, and 0-100-0 as well. Get your facts straight loser.

Um...excuse me? But where the hell have you been for the last 10 years? Go and check caranddriver.com and remind me...how many times has Mercedes been on the Top Ten Cars list? Oh...yeah...that's what I thought.

Hey alright! What'da ya know folks. That about wraps up another session of an MB pansy shut down. Davut...thanks for being an easy target. Maybe next time you'll research your facts a little harder with that slow-working brain of yours. And like I said before, "Don't EVER try to argue that Mercedes' are better than Bimmers. You'll just shut yourself down again...and again...and again. Trust me losers...it's not a battle you can win."<!-- Signature -->

9. Okay Davut, you asked for it.

Okay, moron. I don't know if you have read my last two posts, because you are acting like a complete idiot by all this crap you are spewing out of your mouth. So guess what? It's time to shut you down again fool.

''''''M3 faster than C32? Haha, just want magazine do you guys read?''''''

Well, loser...the stats I obtained came directly from mbusa.com. No magazine at all actually.

''''''C32's 0-60 time is 0.2 seconds faster than M3 with an automatic transmission.''''''

Um...I'm not sure where you learned math, but the M3 has a 0-60 time of 4.6 seconds. It is not available with a automatic transmission, unlike the C32, the M3 is a sports car. The C32 AMG has a 0-60 of 4.9. And, I don't know about you with your messed up Mercedes-Loving mind, but that gives the M3 a .3 second FASTER 0-60 time. Get it right, loser.

''''''Why doens't the C32 come with a manual?''''''

I'll tell you why. Cause Mercedes is not focused on sports cars at all. They are purely in a market for "Over-The-Hill" snooty rich people who don't know the difference between an automatic and a manual. Not to mention almost every other aspect of a car.

''''''Personally I think that's stupid too, but hey, if it did come with a manual, then the M3 couldn't eat its dust cuz it will be so far ahead of it.''''''

What the heck is the matter with you loser? Stop living in a dream land. "IF"!?!?! Oh, well yeah, and if BMW made a car with a rocket strapped to the back of it, nothing could beat that either. Retard.

''''''There was the 8 series which was a total failure. Basically nobody liked it and nobody bought it.''''''

Don't EVEN get me started on how many cars Mercedes has had to discontinue or completely remodel due to low sales. You think you would at least know a little about the company you love so much before you attempt to shut another company down for something Mercedes is so well known for.

''''''Cuz it's so ugly compared with the Mercedes SL class.''''''

If you think BMW had lost sales of the 8 Series to the SL class, you are more retarded then I orginally thought you were.

''''''When BMW said the Z8 is suppose to compete in the luxury sport market, I almost choked, cuz it's less luxury, less sporty, and much uglier than the new SL class to come.''''''

Live in the now fool. Compare cars that are in production with cars that are in production. You'll find every aspect of the current SL class can not EVEN come close to competeing with the Z8. If you don't believe me. Say so...I will prove it.

''''''And oh yea, the M-powered Z3 coupe? again, no one bought it cuz the SLK looks far too much better...''''''

"...far too much better..." Wow, I didn't even know it was possible to write with such grace. Where the hell did you learn to write, moron. And you are comparing two sports cars (well the bimmer is a sports car, I don't know if I can say the same about the SLK) purely on looks?! Wow, you have really reached a new low. Looks are 100% opinion. You can NOT judge anything by looks my friend. Haven't you been through Jr. High? I think Mercedes are ugly as crap. But if they could outperform a BMW in every aspect, as the MRoadster does to the SLK, then the best performing car would be the better car. Hands down, no questions.

''''''...who cares if it was faster?''''''

Um...are you an ididot? The MRoadster could not only outperform the SLK in 0-60 times, but in slalom, braking, and 0-100-0 as well. Get your facts straight loser.

''''''It seems that the 3 series is the only line of BMW cars that are relatively successful, that is before this generation of C-class came out.''''''

Um...excuse me? But where the hell have you been for the last 10 years? Go and check caranddriver.com and remind me...how many times has Mercedes been on the Top Ten Cars list? Oh...yeah...that's what I thought.

Hey alright! What'da ya know folks. That about wraps up another session of an MB pansy shut down. Davut...thanks for being an easy target. Maybe next time you'll research your facts a little harder with that slow-working brain of yours. And like I said before, "Don't EVER try to argue that Mercedes' are better than Bimmers. You'll just shut yourself down again...and again...and again. Trust me losers...it's not a battle you can win."<!-- Signature -->

10. davult u are the stupidest idout in the worl if u think that MB is better then a bmw. BMW doesent make a automatic M3 because they are not stupid. also if you cheak eany magazine BMW out preforms every MB in every test that has been taken. Just face it that BMW makes better cars, and SUV. not to mention a better sports car<!-- Signature -->

11. Hey, you BMW lovers are pretty good, especially SurfRat, able to come up with offensive words about every single sentence that I made. I guess love has a very special power, it has the power to make ppl believe in things that are not true, and it has the ability to make ppl blind as well.

MB lovers and BMW lovers can argue about who's better for years without any conclusion, so I think there's no point to argue and there's no point to try to persuade anyone into believing anything. The thing is any fact that is against BMW will not go into the heads of a BMW lover. Not to say that BMW sucks, BMW is a nice car, but not as good as Bimmer lover thinks.

Just one last thing to say. Comparing who's got a better engine, come talk to me next year if BMW is lucky enuf to win the constructor's title in F1, where Mercedes has many times in history, including the two consecutive ones not too long in the past.

12. Well Davut, it seems to me as if this is your way of saying "You are right."

You have clearly not used any factual information for any of your arguments.

You say that love can make one believe things that are not true, love can make one blind. Very well put, you are a prime example.

Unlike you, I have used strictly factual information to support my opinions.

Like I said in one of my earlier posts, if Mercedes were the better car, then I would believe so.

Show me numbers, show me facts, show me proof, or show me nothing at all.<!-- Signature -->

13. Hey SurfRat,

yea, I mean I could be blinded by love too, that's why there's no point to argue. The facts that I presented will not be facts to you, and the facts that you presented are bull shit to me too.

And it seems like you are not just a BMW lover, but also a Mercedes hater at the same time, so it makes it even more pointless to argue with you.

Just if next year, BMW is lucky enuf to win the F1 constructor's champ, then come talk to me, then maybe I will like BMW more.

14. BTW, if you want data, just to satisfy you:

M3 Coupe 0-60 4.9, 5.1, 5.5 seconds
    Mercedes C32 0-60 5.1, 5.1, 4.9 seconds
    These are tested data from various magazines (not your manufacturer claimed data)
    C32 0-200km in 18.6 seconds
    "If AMG is aimed specifically at the M3, it has achieved its goal with 4 doors"
    with automatic and 4% better fuel mileage than M3.
    I could plow thru all my magazines to find more data, but I am busy with school right now, but I managed to find a comparison between the E55 with the Oh-all-mighty M5, which isn't all that considering a "crappy" Mercedes can match with it

E55 vs M5
    0-60 5.1 and 5.0 sec
    quarter mile 13.6 and 13.4 sec
    skid pad 0.9g for both
    fuel economy 18.7 and 15.1 mpg
    In this case M5 is faster than the E55 by the length of you dick. But E55 did it with 50 hp less and a automatic with better fuel economy and altogether with greater comfort.

So who makes better cars? BMW of course right? (BMW lovers will say yes)
    Oh and you mentioned Z8 being a true supercar, if I were you, I wouldn't go there, cuz there are far too many comparisions between the Z8 and other real supercars that made the Z8 look shameful. I think it's unfair for those magazines to compare a Z8 with cars like Ferrari F360 and TVR Speed Six and then rate it last place, it's not fair to the Z8 don't you think?

15. #40 SurfRat, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Ah yes, it is about time I see some numbers from you. Finally, it seems as if you may be learning.

But not quite all the way. Maybe you haven't been through high school yet, but I can remember ever so vaguely the fact that sources must be sighted for an argument to be reputable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm giving you an "A" for effort here kid. But I'm sorry to say, you're facts just don't match up.

Motor Trend - 2001 M3: 0-60 4.7 seconds
    Quarter Mile 13.2
    Car & Driver - 2000 E55 AMG: 0-60 5.5
    Quarter Mile 13.9

2000 M5: 0-60 4.8 seconds
    Quarter Mile 13.3

If those don't satisfy you, here are MANY other sources...

http://www.fast-autos.net/c32info.html
    C32 AMG - 0-60 5.1 seconds

http://www.inhart.com/c32.htm
    C32 AMG - 0-60 5.1 seconds

http://www.wetapple.com/behindthewheel/articles/2001-04-04-BTW-06.html
    C32 AMG - 0-60 5.0 seconds

http://www.motortrend.com/autoshows/detroit01/7.html
    C32 AMG - 0-60 5.0 seconds

http://membrane.com/philanet/wgbmw/showroom/mseries.html
    BMW M3 - 0-60 4.8 seconds

http://www.roadshowbmw.com/m3.htm
    BMW M3 - 0-60 4.8 seconds

http://www.roadshowbmw.com/m5.htm
    BMW M5 - 0-60 4.8 seconds

http://www.car-stats.com/
    BMW M3 - 0-60 4.7 seconds
    BMW M5 - 0-60 4.5 seconds
    E55 AMG - 0-60 5.5 seconds

You say that just because your facts "prove" a Mercedes to be better that I will reject it. This is not so at all. You give me sources that I can back up, as I have done for you. Then maybe, JUST MAYBE, I will begin to believe your so-called "facts."

You say there is no point in arguing. Indeed, especially when you can't back up your numbers. Please don't do that again. Either post something with substance or stop your complaining.

And about the Z8...Car and Driver had an EXCELLENT comparo between three GREAT cars. The BMW Z8, the Ferrari 360 Modena Spyder, and the Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Convertible. Titled "Princes of Performance." The BMW Placed 2nd. And in my opinion, this is rightfully so. The Ferrari is an excellent car. 0-60 times of the BMW and Ferrari were similar. But the aerodynamics of the Ferrari were outstanding.

You could be cruising the 360 at 125mph with the top down, and a piece of paper on the passenger seat would not even flutter. Now THAT is a car.

I am not obsessed with BMW's by any means. I aprreciate good cars, no...I aprreciate excellent cars. The Mercedes is just not one of them.

And it makes sense. A company (Mercedes) that is owned in part by an Amercian company is just not a German or Itallian competitor anymore. There was a time, but this is not that time. A motor company that is HEAVILY influenced by the same people who own Mitsubishi, Hyundai, Dodge, Chrsler, and Jeep (to name a few) is no longer in my book as well as many other peoples opinions to be a high-ranking car.

Overpriced, Lack of Quality, and Poor crafstmanship are a few of the words to describe this company at it's current market place.

And I am not the only one that feels this way. Many reviews from magazines such as Car and Driver, Motor Trend, and Road & Track have the same feeling. "Slusshy Breaks," "Choppy Transmission." "Lower than expected Quality."

The fact still remains. BMW is and will always rule the road when compared to its originally German cousin who is now nothing but American-Made poor quality cars.
    <!-- Signature -->

16. If you insist that BMW builds cars with better performance than Mercedes cars, I can agree with you to a certain extent, since BMW and Mercedes have a slightly different image. BMW focuses on Performance and then luxury, which they did very good in both, but Mercedes focuses the same things in the opposite order, luxury, comfort, then performance, which they did very good as well. If you have to argue who makes a better engine, take the McLaren engine for example, many ppl can make similar engines, like the Mercedes engine used in Pagani Zonda C12S producing 550hp, and the CLK GTR engine making more than 600 hp. It's just a matter of target market. Mercedes engine have big torque, BMW engines are free-reving.
    BMW might have slightly better performance than Mercedes, but Mercedes have slightly better luxury and comfort than BMW, it's different target markets. Calling me a kid who didn't even finish high school, I think you should've know better. And since you put Mercedes down as if it's crap, then I don't think BMW is much better since their numbers are very similar.

But when u said Mercedes is owned by Americans, let me correct you, if you follow the news at all, you should know that it's the other way around. And Mercedes builts cars with poor quality? Haha, I don't think so. Mercedes last a long time and their level of refinement is untouchable, ask any Mercedes owner. One simple think you have to look at, besides your blind love of BMW and you hatre against Mercedes, is sales my friend.

17. I'm new in this "War or Supercars." All I know is that BMW kicks butt. So heck, if any of you guys really want to prove something, grow up, buy your own car and go test it. Why should you listen to Car and Driver for everything you know about cars? Figure it out yourself!!

PS> The ML 55 is the ugliest thing created by man.

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from M1 Legend</i>
    <b>I'm new in this "War or Supercars." All I know is that BMW kicks butt. So heck, if any of you guys really want to prove something, grow up, buy your own car and go test it. Why should you listen to Car and Driver for everything you know about cars? Figure it out yourself!!

PS> The ML 55 is the ugliest thing created by man.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I totally agree man....but one thing not many of us have that much purchasing power to buy a 50-100k car, tune it and MAYBE just MAYBE kill yourself in the process of proving who's the boss...<!-- Signature -->

19. It took me about 3 hours to read all this contraversy. And in those three hours, I have deduced that...well, I myself need to invent an ultimate S.U.V. Or, just buy that Lambourghini one and get under-paid kids to replicate them. Isn't that what they did with Kia?<!-- Signature -->

20. Looks like another blind bimmer fan joined. =)
    Go check out the Mercedes F400 Concept and let me see what bad things you guys can think of about Mercedes.

When it comes to being offensive, you guys aren't that creative. All you know is to say BMW kicks Mercedes's ass, that ML is the ugliest thing ever, and calling me an idiot. Other than a faster 0-60 time by 0.1 second, and a faster quarter mile time by 0.2 second, in what other way is BMW better than a "crappy" Mercedes?

"BMW makes the best engines!" You think Mercedes can't? How about a CLK GTR than has a faster 0-60, 0-100 and quarter mile time, plus higher lateral acceleration than a McLaren F1? As I said before, Mercedes has a different target market than BMW. I think Mercedes makes better cars, what you think is your problem. So stop being so rude and offensive an calling all Mercedes lovers an idiot, cuz you ain't that smart yourself.

21. You are so right!!! I would much rather have an ML55-AMG than a crappy BMW X5 LeMans. BMW doesn't even call their X5 an SUV. It's a Sports Activity Vehicle...SAV. BMW sucks so much that they will do anything to get more buyers for this ugly piece of crap "SAV" they call the X5. No matter what they do to this ugliness, it will never come close to a Mercedes-Benz ML55-AMG. The person who said "Gimme a Benz ML55" has a lot of taste.<!-- Signature -->

22. I laugh at all these arguments in here.

I'll say it, BMW have better engines. But otherwise, its much of a muchness.

Mercedes is still a bigger company, and have Daimler backing. And they own part (equally most now I think) of Illmor Engineering, who do make BMW standard engines.

Personally, Im a Merc man. But thats not to say I don't like BMWs.

It doesn't really matter about the fastest SUV anymore anyway.. Both Porsche and VW are bringing out SUVs that will kill both the X5 and the ML55 AMG. And they are production cars.

23. hell ya this the better then gimme and ml 55 ad togeter<!-- Signature -->

24. think about how the SUV market has been changing in the last few years.

Did any of you guys ever thought of a BMW SUV back in 1993?? uhhm

or something way more civilized than a G Wagon from m-.B back in that year???

uhhm,... and now we have SUV's from major german automakers, and the future is giving us a Porsche Cayenne and perhaps an Audi SUV as well, who knows?

back in 95 the ultimate BMW VS M-B comparo was the M3 VS C36, nowadays, as the trends in the market change we are going to have ML55 VS MX5...
    but just like always... I'm betting BMW is going to be the winner here... they have always been the ultimate driving machines after all<!-- Signature -->

25. Daimler owns the engineering company that makes engines for BMW? That's cool, I didn't know that. This sure is good news for BMW fans, ahaha.

I agree with SpecGen, BMW might build better engines, but that's about it. Mercedes built better cars overall. Mercedes have higher sales and better design than BMW, and much more innovative than any other car company, like the convertible hard top on the SLK and SL in which many ppl are copying, Active Body Control which BMW is copying, and now the F400 active camber control, hopefully no one can copy this one.

I didn't say BMW suck, I just think Mercedes are better.

But I am worried about BMW, because they are getter uglier and uglier each generation.