Re: Gimme an Escalade over this anyday

Discussion in '2000 BMW X5 Lemans Concept' started by BMWS WILL KICK UR ASS, Aug 9, 2002.

1. WHO GIVES A SHIT ITS A CONCEPT!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

2. YO Bimmerfan: The S in Sport Utility Vehicle never ever ever meant sportcar performance. I said this already but you guys refuse to aknowedge this.

I am certian the "Sports" part of the SUV meant the Sportsman, for the person who is Sporty inclinded not sports car performance.

If someone could get me info on where it meant Sportscar performance then I'll be more inclined to agree with you, but until then the S means for the Sporty inclined.

Also why is the Escalade ugly to you? I have given reasons on why I don't like the X5 as much and why I don't like the Mercedes. You just say it's was beat with an ugly stick. And then mention Aztec for some reason. What does Aztec have to do with anything? Because it's from the same country?

And Night Vision is stupid? Gimme a break. It's cool no matter what country thought of it. You all would have thought Night Vision was cool if BMW thought about it first and then would have complained or made fun of the Americans if they came out with there own version. Cadillac is the Fusion of Design and Technology so there supposed to be thinking of new technological ideas such as Night Vision.

Again would you have thought Night Vision was stupid if it was on a Bentley? Or BMW? or an Infinity? Someone please give me an honest answer. <!-- Signature -->

3. What everyone should know is that the the Escalade is more functional than the X5. You guys complain that there is no use for the Escalade's 6.0L engine, well I say to that there is no need to go 0-60 in 4.6 seconds.<!-- Signature -->

4. oh my god. this car would burn ur Escalade. my god, this car beats it in looks, and performance. ur probably black. i dont ever wanna see a white person in an Escalade unless they are freakin old

5. the caddy escalade is a good car, very luxurious, comfortable and has a smooth ride, and i would probably buy it over the x5 lemans because the acceleration like that in an SUV would just feel terrible! in a ferrari, when you accelerate that quick, it feels good because sports cars are made to take that kind of acceleration. In an SUV you're way higher off teh ground and you would just be shot back, it wouldn't be fun at all.

6. Well guys...it all depends what ya looking for. In my opinion..SUVs were designed to be able to be taken off road, and the Caddy can still do that, with some damned grace.

If you want a Rocket X5 and @ most going to cottage, the X5 here is awesome =) i would get it =P
    Go out and kick some Prelude, Intregra, Supra ass =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMWS WILL KICK UR ASS</i>
    <b>WHO GIVES A SHIT ITS A CONCEPT!!!!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Nice comment commin'n from a so-called BMW lover...<!-- Signature -->

8. #8 Analogic, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    WORDS OF WIZDOM From LOKI362 "oh my god. this car would burn ur Escalade. my god, this car beats it in looks, and performance. ur probably black. i dont ever wanna see a white person in an Escalade unless they are freakin old".

THIS BIMMER DOES NOT BEAT THE ESCALDE IN PERFORMANCE!!! This is a full size SUV, what do SUV's this size supposed to perform in? Space, comfort, butter smooth ride, luxury & most importantly off road ability!!! This car fails in almost all aspects on how an SUV should perform!!! MOTORTREND RATED THE ESCALADE BETTER THAN THE REGULAR X5, THIS WOULD GET EVEN WORSE RATINGS! (Only on road dynamics would increase, everything else would decrease, also they gave the regular X5 a letter grade of D in off road handling). This would be the most cramped, worst long trip, worse off road drive ever in an SUV you racist moron!

Also according to Loki362 guys if your an white guy your not allowd to like Cadillac (OH yah unless your an OLD Whiteman) LOKI362 says you have to be BLACK to own a Caddy. I guess Black people are to stupid to own a good SUV like a BMW right LOKI362? BLACK people don't know shit about performance or drivig right LOKI362?

CHECK THIS SITE OUT RACIST LOKI, FOR YOUR OWN DAMN GOOD www.rallyman.com see how stupid BLACK CADILLAC driver rallycars in the carribean (GO DOWNLOAD THE VIDEOS). I'D like to see if you could drive like these guys. <!-- Signature -->

9. are u tellin me that some caddilac made pos can beat a bmw. the caddy will just start falling apart at about 30k. i think this thing can certainly blow any caddy away. this thing has been clocked going 192 on the old nurburgring. face it, the dont call BMW The Ultimate Driving Machine for nothing. This is proof.

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Analogic</i>
    <b>This is Why: LEXUSGOD

Because the Caddilac has a few things the AMG doesnt have.

#1: Space. The Caddy obviously beats it on Space.

#2: Features and anemities: OnStar, Heads Up Display, Night Vision is a $2300 option for the DTS. I'm sure you could wheel and deal a bit for the Escalade. I'm pretty sure there the same engine.

#3: More Power 345HP in the Escalade Plus the GM Spec Supercharger pushes the power to 500HP! A simple install.

#4: Status, Even though the Cadillac is really popular now, There are still way more MB's out there. Plus the Caddy symbol is (one of the best looking logos out there). Mercedes is so "Expected" (You have money, you want luxury... get a Mercedes) That aint me man. I stand out with subltey.

#5: Looks, the Caddy is rugged. The Mercedes even though works well looks wimpy in comparison.

#6: Caddy's makin power moves. Caddy's doing things, maken things happen, thats a good sign. Mercedes is struggling with Chrysler right now. Not good sign.

#7 Comfort: Come on! Its a Caddy man! Mercedes may or may make better cars alround, but Caddy's specialty is Comfort.

Thats why...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->#1 your right, #2 you a good set of xeon lights is better than night vision, no its not the a norrstar engine, its the same one out of all the full size GM trucks, #3 a 500 hp escalade. what does that do to the gas mileage. get it down from 15 mpg to 10 - 12mpg, #4 the escalade does not stand out with sudultey, its the size of a small house. it got the largest caddy logo on any car. this is an image, a very big, undiscreet status symbol, #5 the merc and caddy arent neither as good looking as the bmw, #6 merc may be trying to keep chrysler and mitsubishi afloat, but what about gm, they have saturn, opel, oldsmobile, buick, isuzu. bmw has record sales and profits world wide. #7 i have never been in an escalade before, but i can guaranty you the ml is way more comfortable than any caddy ive been in.

in conclusion, if you want a large, comfortable and dicscreet luxury ride, get a 540i wagon or a 740il. they are approximately the same price, way more comfortable and faster.

11. First i would take an Escalade over the X5 Lemans any day. If u can fork out enough money to buy the X5 Lemans why not get the new M-B G600. While it might not compete in performance it will beat the X5 offroad anyday. The X5 Lemans is just a big car. So buy a sports sedan if you want this kind of performance.

12. Re: Gimme an Escalade over this anyday(HAHAHAHAH)

All of u are #$%#ing morons except for the people that love the car

this car cna kick any SUV's ass to hell and back!!!!
    an escalade?
    hahahahahah piece of american shit!!! all american cars are complete shit! so #$%# off

BMW RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Gimme an Escalade over this anyday

I have to say. This was one of the most entertaning forums. Some serious schooling here. I dig it.

None the less. I'll take an Escalade every time over this. I buy an SUV this way, #1. Luxury, #2. Comfort, #3. Ride #4. Performance #5 Ability #6. Space.

Performance is further down the list when it comes to SUVs. I want all my passengers to be very comfortable and well attended to first.

Space, Features and Anemities, fit and finish, vehicle ride come all before performance.

I want perfomance too, but if my SUV did 7 seconds 0-60 and a skid pad of .77G's but I got a 10 out of 10 on everything else, thats what I'm taking.

This here is a big car that goes fast, NOT an SUV! <!-- Signature -->

14. You're right about one thing...the Cadillac Escalade is better than the BMW X5 LeMans. However, if that's how you rate SUV's, why not just go for a Mercedes-Benz ML55-AMG? American vehicles just can't compare to the brains in Germany (although there are obviously no brains behind BMW).<!-- Signature -->

15. This is Why: LEXUSGOD

Because the Caddilac has a few things the AMG doesnt have.

#1: Space. The Caddy obviously beats it on Space.

#2: Features and anemities: OnStar, Heads Up Display, Night Vision is a $2300 option for the DTS. I'm sure you could wheel and deal a bit for the Escalade. I'm pretty sure there the same engine.

#3: More Power 345HP in the Escalade Plus the GM Spec Supercharger pushes the power to 500HP! A simple install.

#4: Status, Even though the Cadillac is really popular now, There are still way more MB's out there. Plus the Caddy symbol is (one of the best looking logos out there). Mercedes is so "Expected" (You have money, you want luxury... get a Mercedes) That aint me man. I stand out with subltey.

#5: Looks, the Caddy is rugged. The Mercedes even though works well looks wimpy in comparison.

#6: Caddy's makin power moves. Caddy's doing things, maken things happen, thats a good sign. Mercedes is struggling with Chrysler right now. Not good sign.

#7 Comfort: Come on! Its a Caddy man! Mercedes may or may make better cars alround, but Caddy's specialty is Comfort.

Thats why...<!-- Signature -->

16. I would have to agree with analogic cadillac escalade is pretty good my next door neighbour has one and i rode in it and it is pretty good also the ml-55AMG is probibly my favorite suv it has it all, but still my second favorite is Escalade. and i don't know if you guys heard that in the year 2003 their going to put the night vision on the escalade just like they did on the devile dts. Also i know another suv that can compete the GMC youkon denali xl that is another awesome suv.<!-- Signature -->

17. what are you talking about
    this car/truck/soccer mums ballbreaker would be nuts to drive
    <!-- Signature -->

18. YO Porsche guy: can a sedan go off road? No. Does a sedan have more road visibility over an SUV? No. An SUV will always be a better platform for a luxury machine than a sedan (I'm willing to debate). + I doubt the Mercedes is way more comfortable, than the Escalade. I doubt it's even a little more comfortable. Also the Escalade has been rated better than the X5 (I'll get the issue if you question me, I will not lie about something like this). The Caddys off road ability is rated very good. Much better than X5's. Plus it's bigger, It obviously has more interior space, wich I want for me and my passengers. Again the Mercedes is the wimpiest looking full size SUV. The Mercedes is my least favorite luxury SUV. It's made for the stuck up buisness man who doesnt really care what car he owns but wants to feel important. Them and Soccer moms. Thats who I personaly think Mercedes were catering to. The X5 was for the driver who really wants a sports car. The Caddy was for the SUV enthusiast. I know some of you think a Caddy is only for "Homies" and a Mercedes is for a real car fan, but I seriously doubt "Homies" were who Cadillac were trying to market the Escalade to. Your allowed to like American stuff if it's good!

In regards to Night Vision, I'm willing to bet if Mercedes made it, all you guys would consider it a Marvel of Technology. But because America built it you have a problem with it.

I'm asking you right now. Be Honest: Would you be more impressed if someone other than America built the Night Vision system? If the Mercedes SUV was made by Ford would you still feel the same about it? If the answer is yes, don't give me this Caddy SUX thing cause your biast. Forget wich country built what and just enjoy the car itself.

I apretiate your examples of why the Mercedes is better, but I think it's based on a bias towards America. Tell me what should Cadillac do to buld a good SUV? What needs to be done? <!-- Signature -->

19. BMW FAN356: "are u tellin me that some caddilac made pos can beat a bmw. the caddy will just start falling apart at about 30k. i think this thing can certainly blow any caddy away. this thing has been clocked going 192 on the old nurburgring. face it, the dont call BMW The Ultimate Driving Machine for nothing. This is proof."

ARE YOU GUYS INSANE?

I'm not comparing only performance! No, the BMW will school the Escalade on the road in all road performance (except Ride). I'm talking about the SUV as a whole! You guys are Statistic sluts man! The car could look like steeming feces and the seats could feel like a cactus, but as long as I can out corner a Porsche and do a 1/4 mile faster than a Viper thats all that counts, even if it's an SUV!

Some of you guys who disagree with me make good points, other guys are not thinking. When talking about SUV's sport car performance is secondary. I'm not saying the X5 is better at being a sports car than the Escalade, because it's not at all. I'm saying the ESCALADE out performs the X5 as an SUV!!! THIS IS PROOF BMWFAN356!<!-- Signature -->

20. Alright now, truthfully. Who the hell said that SUV's are meant for luxury? There's a reason why they're called "SPORT utility vehicles." They were meant to go offroad and do some heavy duty stuff. If you want a good off-road vehicle, go get yourself a Range Rover or something. Hell, go get yourself a Hummer! Secondly, I personally think the X5 totally beats the Escalade in looks. It's got cooler looking lights and a nicer overall body shape. In my opinion, I just think the Escalade looks like it was targeted more towards an older generation of people. It's definitely got looks that cater more towards an older generation. Also, about ride comfort. In sports cars, tight suspension makes the car handle better throughout cornering and stuff, but the ride starts to suffer. The X5 probably has tighter suspensions than does the Escalade. What's this equate to? Higher performance in turning and such, but overall ride smoothness does deteriorate. Please dont' compare the X5 to the Escalade. They are of two totally different things. It's apparent that Germans are trying to bring performance to SUV's while Americans are bringing luxury. If you're going to compare, compare the X5 to the ML430 to the upcoming Porsche Cayennne. If you're going to compare Escalades, compare them to Navigators and the like. It's unfair to compare performance to luxury. ALSO!!! Sport Utility Vehicles were not originally built for the purpose of being luxurious! The S in SUV gives it all away!

21. Do you honestly think the S stood for sportcar performance? No way man. I believe it meant for the Sportsman, the outdoorsman. The man who is enthusiastic about sports, NOT SPORT CAR PERFORMANCE! I respect your opinion on looks, but I think the X5 looks like a big car. In regaurds to luxury I have often herd that a main element of the SUV is luxury because it's platform is best designed for luxury overany other raod vehicle. This may not have been the original purpose for SUV's but it has been a major growing element. In regaurds to comparing this to an Escalade I have every right to compare them! Motor Trend already compared the two and Escalade beat out the X5. They have enough things similar to be compared. There both luxury SUV's, just one does it better than the other. I've been in both machines and it was the Escalade that actually got me interested into the SUV's.

Again as a street performance vehicle the X5 wins out. No question, but as an SUV the Escalade is a better job!!! Now I said this already but I'm going to say it again. Ask yourself "Do I have a problem with American automobiles simply because its from America?" If you say yes, understand that you are being biased so your judgment could be clouded from logical thinking. I personally think BMW is arguably the best automanufacture in the world! And I'm not a big BMW fan. I just refuse to let my bias get in the way of seeing good work. <!-- Signature -->

22. Re: Gimme an Escalade over this anyday(right!?!?!)

listen here.....................
    the BMW is more expensive than the cadillac. so i admit that's one for the caddy. but that's it. the caddy has nothing aginst and i mean nothing against the BMW (and i mean nothing). the caddy lokes like it was beaten with an ugly stick (named Aztek) and to reach the power of the X5 lemans in needs like 2 turbochargers or more. and even then it'll be much heavier and worse looking (if that's possible). luxury????
    who the #$%# cares???? SUV! people, get it????
    sport utility vehicle
    SPORT
    what's so hard to understand
    it's not LUV (luxury utility vehicle) then the caddy would win
    off road neither of these wold do well
    the x5 is too sporty and the caddy is to heavy
    In conclusion: the caddy sucks! BMW rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. ummmm.... I would love to see a 700 hp. Caddy! :rolleyes:
    <!-- Signature -->

24. here is my opinion on the x5 (road versions and leman), the ml, escalade and all. they are all stupid useless machines. lets talk about the ml and x5. these suvs are designed to fit the suv image but with all the benefits of a car (handling, low step in...). no body here is arguing that these things can go off-roading. they cant. bmw and merc dont even pretend to say that these things can go off-roading. high performance suvs like the x5 4.6is, ml55 or this x5 leman concept are all ridiculous as well. all they are doing is taking vehicules that arent designed for speed and handling and are trying to make them prefrom better. some of you may argue that they reached the preformance numbers, but at what cost. the ride is harder than in a sports car due to the high centre of gravity. the result is a brutal ride and even worse off-roading ability than their non-sporting versions. personally, get an audi s6 avant if you want awd, room and speed. as for luxury suvs like the escalade and the navigator, they are ridiculous. they are just big, really #$%#ing big. thats it. these trucks are after thoughts. their platforms are shared with the full size chevy/gmc and ford pick-up trucks. they are designed primarily to carry heavy loads and pull large weights. gm and ford build these cars for 2 reasons. 1, to get younger buyers in the show room (55 instead of 75). 2, make money. the profit margins on a truck are way higher than they are on a car. why do you think there are more than 50 suvs on the us market today.

if i was going to buy an suv for off-roading, i would buy a jeep tj. if i wanted luxury, i would buy a car that was 100% built for luxury like a 7 series, s class or a8. if i wanted a sports car, i would get an m5, m3, s6, s4, any porsche, ferrari...

25. Caddilac night vision

i think that night vision is just a stupid option. me not liking night vision has nothing to do with it being american. i just think its useless. it can be replaced with cheaper alternatives. fog lights and/or xeon lights are far cheaper than night vision. further more, night vision doesnt help you see the road better, but rather see warm bodies (people or animals). and if you say it is for safety reasons, than you shouldnt be out driving your headlights in a place where their might be people in the streets. night vision is a marketing tool first and foremost. it fits with caddilacs slogan of "the fusion of design and technology". yes its high tech and nobody else has something similar, but that is it.