Re: God Damn You Ford!!!!

Discussion in '2002 Lincoln Continental Concept' started by AMG CLK55, Aug 10, 2002.

1. God Damn You Ford!!!!

Holy crap!!!Where do Ford think they are??? This compared to the old Lincoln Continental is a heap of crap, it has a V12 for starters, it should have the same beefy V8 as before, it looks nothing like what the old Lincoln did, I cannot imagine this car being a bad ass mafia car like the old Lincolns, it could never be a lowrider either...pure crap... i would choose the old Continental over this ANYTIME!!!Stupid Fords new designs....really bad....<!-- Signature -->

2. It's a new world, buddy. Nothin' wrong with a V12. I still love my V8, yes, ('86 T-bird, 5.0 L, piece of shit for now, but I'm soon putting in a VERY built 351W.), but a V12 is acceptable. and I like this concept. I hope they make it, unlike Chrysler and their ugly ass whatever the hell that was. Cien or something.<!-- Signature -->

3. Yeah, whats you beef Supra Sonic; sorry if it has a V12!!! oh no!!! And as far as comparing it to the old Continental, they are like two different cars. This is for a more upscale richy-rich kind of car buyer. If you want a lowrider then you probably wont be looking at this car.<!-- Signature -->

4. I just wanted to respond at your remark towards Ford. Ford didn't decide to make this car, Lincoln did. Just because Ford OWNS the Lincoln car company doesnt mean that they think up the designs for Lincoln's cars. Ford just owns lincoln so lincoln can get more money to keep there company and have enough money to create new cars. Ford has no impact what so ever on what ideas Lincoln has for their cars, Ford just owns it so Ford can have more money and recognition and Lincoln can keep making new cars with Ford's money. Same goes with Lamborghini, did you know Volkswagon owns Lamborghini and Bently? Its just Lamborghini and Bently uses so much money to create their cars and not many get sold so they need some extra help.

Oh ya and just for the record Ford sucks.<!-- Signature -->

5. hey guy do yall know that the v12 engine put in this car is actually from the new Aston-martin Vanquish.

6. this is a real nice car! the 12 would be a great edition. god knows this car is gonna be heavy so it needs that kinda power. and 8pipe, ford does alot with lincoln. its all brand managment, ford develops jointly with lincoln styling experts (engineers are basical good for all branches of a big corporation like that)and produces what they believe is a look that reflects thats brands "style and position". witht he exception of such exotic and expensive companys like bently, rolls, lambo or aston most engineering is done under the ford name and then given another name for production.

also, this car resebles many of the styling cues of the old 60s liconlns quiet well!

7. This car makes me drool unlike the turbo supra it took engineering to get killer power the supra bought a mistubushi pipe

and this thing will be pimped if not by mobster and gasnta's THAN ME

as for the brand thing designs goto tons of companies unless its an in house designer and then its debated on if it reflects brand ideals so ford can't tell lincoln to build this if lincoln doesn't want to, this could have be the mercury marauder if mecury could manage this in their show room its a fu¢kin 80 ft yaut<!-- Signature -->

8. mofomenator is funny. I don't mean that as an insult. Please continue to post Mofomenator, you rock.<!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Supra Sonic</i>
    <b>Holy crap!!!Where do Ford think they are??? This compared to the old Lincoln Continental is a heap of crap, it has a V12 for starters, it should have the same beefy V8 as before, it looks nothing like what the old Lincoln did, I cannot imagine this car being a bad ass mafia car like the old Lincolns, it could never be a lowrider either...pure crap... i would choose the old Continental over this ANYTIME!!!Stupid Fords new designs....really bad....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Hey idiot. Back in the 30's Lincolns had V12s in their cars.<!-- Signature -->

10. its a pretty nice car, specialy if you are driving it. i like the look of lincoln coupe that they gave out a while ago. it had a more aggressive look it the front. but i can still respect this car and like the design its different(its a good thing).

11. #11 Murray, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    To Str8pipe,

Owning companies do have an interest in designs/creations of their own divisions. And to show you what I'm talking about, I'll use your example to show my statement. When Lamborghini was bought out by the Audi group, one of the first things that happened was the the Canto project (picture below) was scrapped. Then a new designer, Luc Donckerwolcke, was appointed by the Audi group to design the successor of the Diablo, The Murciélago.

I'm not trying to be sour, just clearing things up.

(pictures from http://www.lambocars.com )

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WRXSti</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SinofSpeed</i>
    <b>It's a new world, buddy. Nothin' wrong with a V12. I still love my V8, yes, ('86 T-bird, 5.0 L, piece of shit for now, but I'm soon putting in a VERY built 351W.), but a V12 is acceptable. and I like this concept. I hope they make it, unlike Chrysler and their ugly ass whatever the hell that was. Cien or something.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

For the record, the Cien was a Caddllac. That came from GM, just like the asstek, and the Rendezvous. Go Figure.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey i dont think that the cien is a bad looking car. It is sleek and stylish. It looks futuristic and anything with 750 hp cant be all that bad.

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from highlife420</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WRXSti</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SinofSpeed</i>
    <b>It's a new world, buddy. Nothin' wrong with a V12. I still love my V8, yes, ('86 T-bird, 5.0 L, piece of shit for now, but I'm soon putting in a VERY built 351W.), but a V12 is acceptable. and I like this concept. I hope they make it, unlike Chrysler and their ugly ass whatever the hell that was. Cien or something.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

For the record, the Cien was a Caddllac. That came from GM, just like the asstek, and the Rendezvous. Go Figure.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey i dont think that the cien is a bad looking car. It is sleek and stylish. It looks futuristic and anything with 750 hp cant be all that bad.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

indeed, the Caddy is one beautiful and mean machine.
    I hope it ever makes it to production, that would give Caddy the ultimate flagship for a luxury car company.

A V-12 powered Conti isn't bad either, i don't understand why do some people prefer the old Conti over this one, maybe they got to drive one or something, it was a car plagued with gizmos to make the ride so soft you felt like you could hardly get any feedback from the steering wheel, plust the looks were a bit TOO derivative for my taste. it looked like a big Grand Marquis.<!-- Signature -->

14. This is the kind of car North America needs to start building more of, I don't know what you are talking about buddy... Look at the the people who have money in this country, what are they driving? That's right, European luxury cars with V8's or V12's. This is what the North American auto market needs, we can't keep living in the past, it's time to look to the future of the automotive industry. This should help Ford, as far as I'm concerned, they need to make a radical move in the way they are running the company, and I think this, with a few other ideas would be perfect. Make an automotive market that would have people wanting a luxury North American car, instead of pumping all of our money into European markets.<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WRXSti</i>

How did you become a mod with only 100 posts?<!-- Signature -->