Re: Good Ammenities but below that, 0-60MPH 13.2 Seconds!

Discussion in '2000 Dodge Viper GTS-R Concept' started by SvSi Viper, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Actually it said 0-60-0 in 13.2 seconds, and even thats way off. Its actually 0-100-0 in 13.2 seconds.<!-- Signature -->

2. hey sh!thead, why dont you learn how to count before you jock the viper, its 0-60-0 in 13.2 but actually its 0-100-0 in 13.2 even better, its 0-60 in 3.8 go eat a d!ck you sh@tface

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Stud7</i>
    <b>hey sh!thead, why dont you learn how to count before you jock the viper, its 0-60-0 in 13.2 but actually its 0-100-0 in 13.2 even better, its 0-60 in 3.8 go eat a d!ck you sh@tface</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

First off, you are a moron. You repeated exactly what I said. And it was a simple mistake by him. Don't need to get all crazy and psycho about it. If you ask me, you are the only shithead here. Grow up a little, and next time make better post.<!-- Signature -->

4. 0-60 in 13.2 seconds, huh? That's impressive. I think that almost tops my parents '84 Caprice station wagon. Have a nice day.<!-- Signature -->

5. 0-100-0 in 13.2 seconds? Do you mean miles per hour or kilometers per hour?

oh and for "SvSi Viper":
    I feel the need to disagree:

The King of all supercars: Nissan Blitz Skyline GT-R R348
    Best cars in the world: German
    WORST cars in the world: American
    Best man in the world: The guy who came up with the Nissan Skyline<!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from screwamericancars</i>
    <b>0-100-0 in 13.2 seconds? Do you mean miles per hour or kilometers per hour?

oh and for "SvSi Viper":

Best man in the world: The guy who came up with the Nissan Skyline</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Ohhh...u don't know how right u r....There should b more ppl like ya on these forums....;)<!-- Signature -->

7. its 0-60 is actually 3.2 seconds.(Yes, mph)<!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from screwamericancars</i>

oh and for "SvSi Viper":

Best man in the world: The guy who came up with the Nissan Skyline</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You dumbass kid, you just wondered into this site not knowing shit about cars then saw the fastest skyline there and said it was the best, thats it. If you wern't so ignorant you'd realize that numerous backyard and some production American cars could rape the NON-production Blitz. I believe German cars are the best engineered cars for the most part, but are not practically the best cars sport wise.

If American cars are the worst cars in the world, then why does GM outsell any other car company on Earth? And if our cars are so horrible then why don't you name some production street legal Japanese cars that could compete with this, other production Vipers, or Corvettes. Or on the lower performance spectrum: F-bodys, mustangs. How about on the older side? Any Japanese production streetlegal cars from the 50's, 60's, 70's that could compete with the "slow noisy gas hog" chevelles, cudas, mustangs, impalas, novas, chargers, challengers, camaros, GTOs, trans ams, ect. ect. back then? I know there are some terrific Japanese cars that could compete but they are far and few between. Step up and name them, and try to keep it fair (i.e. no $20,000 vs. $500,000 comparisons).

9. haha, the viper man is right, a viper will demolish just about anything in its price range, and yah, of course a car like that skyline will beat this but if the ppl that made this put that much cash into this it would eat the skyline, but come on, on the german cars part, of course they are good cars, i wouldnt say that ANY car is the best though, admitt it, almost every car company has a baddass car or so that they make, made, or are designing, im not even a viper fan, but admitt it people, the viper is one bad mother f***er

10. Yeah America had some good cars, like the in the '60s and '70s, but the engineering is horrible. German (or most European) cars have really good engineering, their cars are well made. Japaneese cars have really good engines, that produce massive amounts of power, which American cars dont.

P.S. I didnt just go on the site and pick the fastest Skyline, because the Blitz isnt the fastest Skyline.<!-- Signature -->

11. Indeed, German cars are pretty good ... But boring as hell and everyone drives diesel in europe anyway (I #$%#ing live in the center of the damn community, so don't argue ...) Anywayz: American cars are GREAT, the way they view a sports car is just different from how a Jap looks at them, or a european for that matter. If an american wants more power, he buys a bigger engine, if a jap wants the same, he buys a better engine ... and we europeans are somewhere in the middle ... I just want to say, everyone has got a favourite, and I for one, LOVE skyline's (the nürbergring-record for a production car still stands, and no porshe/ferrari/lambo has touched it to this day, and most of these have twice the hp ... said enough?) ... but you got to admit, the viper is one hell of a machine, and it DOES win circuit-races against very expensive cars.

I would declare american cars king of the stock world, japanese of the tuning world, and we europeans ... well, we just woke up didn't we ...

12. ACtuall, 0-100mph in 13.2 sec is bloody slow for a car with 500hp, 500lb-ft of torque and weighs 3200lbs. Maybe that's why Supercars.net took that statistic down.

13. The King of all supercars: maclaren F1 LM
    Best cars in the world: European(best package of performance, style and interior refinement)
    WORST cars in the world: korean(doesn't need explaining)
    Best man in the world: anybody who puts himself here is a stupid, self absorbed cocky little 12 year old and therefore any other opinions expressed by him are invalid.<!-- Signature -->

14. I am sick of people saying that American cars have bad engineering. It is not about national build but rather the price point of the car. Yes the Maybach is an excellent German car but it is only excellent because it costs 500,000 dollers. If America was to build a car at that pricew point, it would rule too.<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from branng</i>
    <b>ACtuall, 0-100mph in 13.2 sec is bloody slow for a car with 500hp, 500lb-ft of torque and weighs 3200lbs. Maybe that's why Supercars.net took that statistic down.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    0-100-0 man come on and that aint that slow, that is pretty damn fast compared to most cars.

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Haya300</i>
    <b>Indeed, German cars are pretty good ... But boring as hell and everyone drives diesel in europe anyway (I #$%#ing live in the center of the damn community, so don't argue ...) Anywayz: American cars are GREAT, the way they view a sports car is just different from how a Jap looks at them, or a european for that matter. If an american wants more power, he buys a bigger engine, if a jap wants the same, he buys a better engine ... and we europeans are somewhere in the middle ... I just want to say, everyone has got a favourite, and I for one, LOVE skyline's (the nürbergring-record for a production car still stands, and no porshe/ferrari/lambo has touched it to this day, and most of these have twice the hp ... said enough?) ... but you got to admit, the viper is one hell of a machine, and it DOES win circuit-races against very expensive cars.

I would declare american cars king of the stock world, japanese of the tuning world, and we europeans ... well, we just woke up didn't we ...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I think that European cars and American cars are good stock, they dont need tuning to go fast, as the Japs do, which they do a good job at. I completely agree with the line, "If an american wants more power, he buys a bigger engine, if a jap wants the same, he buys a better engine", as long as you get more power, it doesnt really matter how you get it (some people dont agree with using nitrous or any form of forced induction, but I personally dont care).

P.S. I think the GT2 recently broke the record for production cars at Nürbergring.

<!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bigrob</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from branng</i>
    <b>ACtuall, 0-100mph in 13.2 sec is bloody slow for a car with 500hp, 500lb-ft of torque and weighs 3200lbs. Maybe that's why Supercars.net took that statistic down.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    0-100-0 man come on and that aint that slow, that is pretty damn fast compared to most cars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

He neglected the fact that it was 0-100-0, he thought it was just from 0-100

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from screwamericancars</i>
    <b>Yeah America had some good cars, like the in the '60s and '70s, but the engineering is horrible. German (or most European) cars have really good engineering, their cars are well made. Japaneese cars have really good engines, that produce massive amounts of power, which American cars dont.

P.S. I didnt just go on the site and pick the fastest Skyline, because the Blitz isnt the fastest Skyline.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Engineering horrible? Do you know that back in the mid '50's Chevy blueprinted and balanced all of their engines? Right now there are '55 Bel Airs running dirt ovals every weekend with the same internals from 47 years ago.

I just wrote a whole artical on American engineering but I'll just outline it. Chevy designed their engines to last at least 150,000 - 200,000 miles with only minor problems because they know when their product breaks the customers will come back for another one. However that doesn't mean that they won't last any longer. Some company sold their Chevy truck to a car company with 1,000,000 miles on it, they remarked that the engine was in "like new" condition. I've had experience with a suburban with 400,000 on the odo. now I use one with 175,000 on the odo.

Please name all the stock production japanese engines that can beat American engines. I'll name some american ones to beat. - 327/300, 327/325, 350/300, 350/350, 396/325, 396/350, 396/375, Chevy 427/435 (underrated), Ford 428/425 (underrated), Mopar 426/550, L88/650, 455 SD/430 (underrated), LT1/300, LT4/330, LS1/350, LS6/405, Ford 5.4L SC/500, Mopar 505/525, 502/530, Chevy 383/390, Ford 4.6L SC/390.

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Haya300</i>
    <b>Indeed, German cars are pretty good ... But boring as hell and everyone drives diesel in europe anyway (I #$%#ing live in the center of the damn community, so don't argue ...) Anywayz: American cars are GREAT, the way they view a sports car is just different from how a Jap looks at them, or a european for that matter. If an american wants more power, he buys a bigger engine, if a jap wants the same, he buys a better engine ... and we europeans are somewhere in the middle ... I just want to say, everyone has got a favourite, and I for one, LOVE skyline's (the nürbergring-record for a production car still stands, and no porshe/ferrari/lambo has touched it to this day, and most of these have twice the hp ... said enough?) ... but you got to admit, the viper is one hell of a machine, and it DOES win circuit-races against very expensive cars.

I would declare american cars king of the stock world, japanese of the tuning world, and we europeans ... well, we just woke up didn't we ...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    hey man you got some things right there but the skyline HELD (thats right past tense) the record for nurburgring is the latest i heard held by a porsche 911 turbo (the 2002 zo6 and 911 gt2 have not been tested yet)the skyline ran a respectable time of 8:21 but the porsche 911 turbo ran 7:56 even a a regular c5 runs 8:18 the 2001 zo6 ran 8:08ferrari 360 modena 8:09viper acr 8:10for the 2002 zo6 i would say 9:50 and the 911 GT2 closer to 9:45the skyline is a good car but it just can't keep up with todays true supercarsand if anyone thinks this cars 0-100-0 time of 13.2 seconds is slow the mclaren f1 lm 627 Hp 2200 lbs and built for lemans style racing (not a stock mclaren)holds the record at 11.8 secthis isnot a bad time but an incredible timefo a car like this.<!-- Signature -->

20. First of all the article said this car was designed by a japanese.. so how can you say all jap cars are better... and how can you say all american cars are better.. you can't... sure both cars are nice.. but give me a break.. skylines are trash.. put a viper or vetter or ANY otehr high performance car with a skyline and watch the nissan eat dust. AND FOR THE GUY WHO LIKES THE MCLAREN.. i laugh at you.. so what if it has a -claimed- speed of 231.. its aero package blows.. its brakes blow.. and its cornering blows. thats why that british million dollar piece is worth nothing.. only thing good about it is the BMW engine.. so look at something aside from top speed next time you read a report on a car...
    as for this thing, it looks sweet in my books. Its got a smokin engine to boot and the v10 is like any around. Sure ferraris scream nice...but i'd rather have something rumble so loud my chest feels like its gonna explode and viper does that..

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from screwamericancars</i>

oh and for "SvSi Viper":

alright, a fellow smart guy! although, I'd say the best man in the world (was) Dr. Ferdinand Porsche. skylines kick ass, but methinks either the Mcleran F1 or Bugatti Veyron would Kill it.<!-- Signature -->