Re: Great Mechanics, but man is it ugly!

Discussion in '2002 Mazda RX-8' started by quichedem, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Great Mechanics, but man is it ugly!

I love the 3rd gen RX-7 and everything rotary, but I think this car is absolutey ugly. I've driven a few 7's, almost bought a '93, and still trying to get my hands on one, but I would never drive one of these. What was Mazda thinking when they decided to incude REAR SEATS! I thought this was supposed to be a sports car. What the hell? I think Mazda pussified this car's exterior(and interior).

2. Hmmm..not true man.
    This is a great idea!! Sorta like the concept of M3 and M5 =)
    Mazda realizes that even today people want a nice performance car, but with room in the back..
    Plus, most people who would buy this car would probs avg. mid-30s to mid-40's, a time when most people have kids..
    By providing multiple seating and 4 doors, it attracts more buyers. Awesome marketing ploy I think =)

oh..BTW, not to mention all da young fella's (probs all da yellow fellows) out there with enoug $$$ will love this car. Nothing like a hot car and performance to impress the Hunnies, and have enough room for them too =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SRB The Punisher</i>
    <b>Hmmm..not true man.
    Mazda realizes that even today people want a nice performance car, but with room in the back..
    Plus, most people who would buy this car would probs avg. mid-30s to mid-40's, a time when most people have kids..
    By providing multiple seating and 4 doors, it attracts more buyers. Awesome marketing ploy I think =)

oh..BTW, not to mention all da young fella's (probs all da yellow fellows) out there with enoug $$$ will love this car. Nothing like a hot car and performance to impress the Hunnies, and have enough room for them too =P

DA PUN</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> so true... so freakin' true. why does everyone hate the 3rd door and room for 4??? it's so "RAD"!!!<!-- Signature -->

4. The design was nothing but crap.

5. hey man, this is probably the best looking mazda for a hell of a long time, and i can only say one thing bad about Mazda THEIR OWNED BY FORD!! hey and if theres enuf demand there will be a 2 door, but theres nothin wrong with this!

6. That only tells you Ford is stupid.

7. the rx8 isnt all that badd id rather have a rx7

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from shogun6960</i>
    <b>the rx8 isnt all that badd id rather have a rx7</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    GREAT!

9. I think im trading in my Honda S2000 for this baby or a Subaru WRX (why havent I done so before?)

10. <center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote>
    <b>UGLY! UGLY! UGLY!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center>

11. If this car is ugly ugly ugly, then you are totally gay gay gay!! C yas!! Mafs!!<!-- Signature -->

12. the RX-8 is alrite, but i prefer the 7s.. but for the price which is over 30k.. id rather get a Subie WRX STi and smoke this shit. +) i think its going to be a bit heavy also.<!-- Signature -->

13. wrx...hmmmm i personally would rather have a 95+ celica gt-four (all wheel drive turbo..awwww) just because i've heard the wrx is slightly diffucult to control. And regarding the RX issue at hand. The 93-00 rx's were the s***, although the mazda didn't really sell them here. oh if i could get my hands on the little people responsible for depriving us of cars like the Lancer evolution and Skyline i'd kil...um, sorry. The new rx-8 is very fast and has a nearly 50/50 weight ratio, a screaming great handling machine w/ a rear seat...go mazda!<!-- Signature -->

14. Ugly? What do you guys consider ugly? This thing has some nice curves and shape to it. I think this car is going to do very well. Especially with the growing number of import enthusiasts. Mazda finally gots some good looking cars, protege 5 and this. Hopefully this car is as good as it looks.

Plus I think you guys who say its ugly are just saying that to find something wrong with this car. Some people just always have to find something to b!tch about.<!-- Signature -->

15. I think this car should rip up the import tuner market as soon as it hits the streets, I think that most people hate the styling, purely because it's not what they are used to. I agree that it is a little odd, missing something for sure, mostly definition, body lines, who knows maybe even a big ass spoiler, and hey, those doors are the #$%#in bomb! as if you wouldn't turn heads climbing out of that thing, isn't that what supercars is all about, being fast on the street and looking sweet while doing it.<!-- Signature -->

16. this car definetely is not ugly. i agree that its gonna be a hit in the import tuning scene<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Great Mechanics, but man is it lovely!

Dear Khastarax!
    Its General Motors that own Mazda, the RX-7 is only made as RHD nowadays (donŽt blame Mazda, blame departement of transportation,
    they should pay for the crash testing not the car manufacturer!)....<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Great Mechanics, but man is it lovely!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Alessandro</i>
    <b>Dear Khastarax!
    Its General Motors that own Mazda, the RX-7 is only made as RHD nowadays (donŽt blame Mazda, blame departement of transportation,
    they should pay for the crash testing not the car manufacturer!)....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Your wrong. FORD owns mazda and yes ford does suck very bad. Analso this car is butt ugly. IF someone gave me this car id take the engine put in my 93' rx-7 make it TT and burn the body of the rx-8.

19. DAMN STRAIGHT MAN UGLY AZ FUK BUT MAD FUCKIN ENGINE

20. this really looks like a S2000

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from lewvan</i>
    <b>Those doors are the #$%#in bomb! as if you wouldn't turn heads climbing out of that thing, isn't that what supercars is all about, being fast on the street and looking sweet while doing it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

DAMN STRAIT THATS WHAT SUPERCARS IS ABOUT!!!<!-- Signature -->

22. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Grizz2K4</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SRB The Punisher</i>
    <b>Hmmm..not true man.

DA PUN</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> so true... so freakin' true. why does everyone hate the 3rd door and room for 4??? it's so "RAD"!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You are not an idiot. Thank you. And yes, why does every one hate the fact that you can bring some friends along for the ride. But actually grizz, their are 4 doors, not 3.<!-- Signature -->

23. Supercar? I think NOT! When they TT it will be closer to that status. Would you go around calling any other 0-60 in 6 second car a supercar? Ok sorry got off topic. The styling is passasble and it may grow on me more when I get to see it in real life. The interior seats I must say are awesome! I just love the interior. However comparing it to the 3rd gen RX7 it losses big time. The RX7 is one sweet looking car. Oh and for those that think its small try sitting in it before saying that. It is one of the few cars I can sit comfortably in with a helmet on.

One last comment, bring on the turbos and lets hope they sell crate motors ;)<!-- Signature -->

24. I thought Mazda said that this had absolutly nothing to do with the Rx-7

25. it doesn't.... mazda are releasing a new rx-7 in 2005 and it should be alot better than this...