Re: Greatest American Car Created?

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by KingVenom, Aug 9, 2002.

1. What type of numbers do you ppl think it's gonna have?
    0-60, 1/4 Mile, Top Speed?<!-- Signature -->

2. Greatest American Car Created?

When I found out that the GT40 would be produced I almost wet myself. This car is the coolest American car ever.

3. For the most part I always felt that the Corvette was the best American car ever made. The GT40 may or may not top that.<!-- Signature -->

4. corvette does have sales numbers...but as for the better car, yea the gt40 rapes the vette...hell the old gt40 has numbers to match the current z06 and around the track the gt40 would dominate it.

but since the gt40 was only in the 60's sales to me means nothing in this kind of a comparo.

but best i would have to say yes...everyone loves this car, even people who dont live in the states love this car.<!-- Signature -->

5. Hell, I live in Norway and love this car
    Its the best car ever
    what a beast

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EliteWolverine</i>
    <b>corvette does have sales numbers...but as for the better car, yea the gt40 rapes the vette...hell the old gt40 has numbers to match the current z06 and around the track the gt40 would dominate it.

but since the gt40 was only in the 60's sales to me means nothing in this kind of a comparo.

but best i would have to say yes...everyone loves this car, even people who dont live in the states love this car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yes it is better than the vette, but it also cost twice as much than a zo6. For a car that will cost over a 100,000 thousand it better beat a 50,000 dollar car.
    All Aluminum MOD V8 what is that? its supercharged right.

7. this car is awsome and this is coming from an import guy. it's with out a doubt the best american car ever!

8. Ummmm best car, can't realy say guys, since no stats have been made, plus you guys have seem to of forget about such cars as C12, S7, and 900TT(second fastest car)

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from b16aCRX</i>
    <b>this car is awsome and this is coming from an import guy. it's with out a doubt the best american car ever!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Holy shit, one of the Honda boys admitted that a V8 powered car was good.

I guess I've seen it all now...<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from RLQ</i>
    <b>For the most part I always felt that the Corvette was the best American car ever made. The GT40 may or may not top that.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Vettes are good cars but they never won a Le Mans race. In fact a GM engine never won a F1 race too.

They're (vettes) excellent "sport" cars but not "real race" cars.
    Remember that I'm talking about '50s and '60s... This car is 30 years old and it's as good as todays vettes...<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from RLQ</i>
    <b>For the most part I always felt that the Corvette was the best American car ever made. The GT40 may or may not top that.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Corvette topping the GT40? That's a good one. Haha

12. if were talking about numbers here i would say a vector M12 or a saleen S7, but if not, GT40, 69-71 Boss and mach 1 mustangs, corvette stingrays, and hemi Cudas could all qualify.

13. Some people don't seem to understand what this car meant to American auto racing. Ford entered this in a series absolutely dominated by Porsche and Ferrari and ended up embarassing both of them. Then Porsche did stuff that I won't say because I'm a Porsche guy.

14. This car looks bad-ass. I like Ford's and have owned 2. It's been making me mad that for the last couple years everyone has been like , Ha, ford what a joke. Finally, they produced something that could compete with the other high performance cars and probably costs over 100,000. I hope Ford brings back some massive amounts of pride and puts some effort into making this a car that can stand up to the other big names, (like it did before). FORD COMPANY..-Please don't let this become another wasted project, Bring american cars some glory. Ill-Car. Kent

15. Vettes are good cars but they never won a Le Mans race. In fact a GM engine never won a F1 race too.

A MORON LIKE THIS SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO POST MESSAGES. THE CORVETTE HAS WON AT THE 24 HOURS OF LEMANS, 24 HOURS OF DAYTONA, SEBRING AND THE PETITE LEMANS. THE CORVETTE IS BY FAR THE GREASTEST AMERICAN CAR EVER MADE. EVERYONE AROUND THE WORLD HAD HEARD OF THE CORVETTE WHILE I FIND IT UNLIKELY THAT EVEN HALF HAVE HEARD OF A 60S ERA GT40. U DONT SEE GT40 CLUBS, MUSEUMS, ANYTHING. FORD MADE THE GT40 TO HELP KICK START THERE LAGGING COMPANY WHILE THE CORVETTE HAS BEEN THERE FOR 50 YEARS AND WHEN FOR STOPS PRODUCTION OF THIS CAR THE CORVETTE WILL STILL BE THERE. YES THE 60S GT40 COULD BEAT A ZO6 BUT GUESS WHAT IT WAS A RACE CAR, GO FIGURE!!!!!!! DONT COMPARE IT TO THE ZO6, COMPARE THE LEMANS WINNING GT40 VS THE LEMANS WINNING C5R, THE VETTE WOULD SMOKE IT, ITS BY FAR A BETTER CAR.

16. What type of numbers do you ppl think it's gonna have?
    0-60, 1/4 Mile, Top Speed?"

I'm figuring high 3's low 4's 0-60, 1/4 in mid to low 12's, and a top speed of about 190's, but hoping for the 200mph mark.

17. I don't know why people could hate this car before it even comes out. Sure the Corvette is America's sports car, the GT40 will be America's Supercar. And by the way, a 1966 Shelby Cobra would waste all over a new Corvette. And comparing a 30 year old road car to a new one is fair. Old or new, the GT40 is great.

18. 0/60 3.8sec
    quarter mile in about high 11, or very low 12s
    and around 190miles, regulated.
    thats what i am hoping. please come true

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mariowrc</i>
    <b>0/60 3.8sec
    quarter mile in about high 11, or very low 12s
    and around 190miles, regulated.
    thats what i am hoping. please come true</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

0-60 should be mid 3s, ~3.6. It should do mid to high 11s. And the top speed should be around 190.<!-- Signature -->

20. Hey, you can't call this a true American car... the British designed the original version of which this is designed after.

21. The original version had help from the English. They helped to develope the body and frame. The car still ran all U.S. running gear. I'm sure this car would waste a Vette Z06. It has 100 more hp with little wieght. I'm kinda dissapointed though. They made the car about 10-25% larger than the original which was part of what made the original so great. It had tons of power and wieghed less than even a A/C Shelby Cobra. It will probably weigh about 2800 lbs. The originals weighed only 2000 lbs on the mark though, or about that anyway. Not to say the Vette is a bad car of course. C5s rule on track and are very good at running the le mans. I think the GT40 will run even better though. Unlike the Viper, it doesn't have a pointlessly long wheel base, and it will also more than likely weigh under 3000lbs.

22. the only good ford...

23. This is by far one of the greatest race cars of all time.
    It ranks alongside other American racing revolutions like the Road Runner Superbird and the shelby cobra. Basic cars done right with the most important ingredient for success: the backing of the company.
    As we all know Ford is VERY involved in racing world wide, take the Champ car series for example, the entire series is run on Ford engines and the cars are near formula 1 specs. True, Ford has faded from the LeMans style racing scene as of late, but that does not mean that they cannot make a comeback, as I'm sure this car will help them do. And comparing the GT40 of the 60's to anything other than a race car of the same period is apples and oranges people, It's that simple.

24. I'm glad that Ford decided to bring this desine back. It marks the return of a Ford legacy.