Re: Greatest American Car Created?

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by KingVenom, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Shame its hardly a Ford, not much in it thats American, oh and it is copying the original british design.

But I suppose the US did win world war 2 for everyone so naturally its an all american supercar, granted it can corner so that must make it the best car in the world by far.

2. Yup, most of the parts are European except the engine which is from one of those oversized pick-ups you Americans all seem to drive. The design concept is British, as it is taken straight from the original design and just made bigger. Typical Americans! Its the greatest car to be "constructed" in America for the simple fact that if you encounter a corner (strange concept for Americans) you actually stay on the road, very well, so I hear! So well done for copying an old Brit design and constructing it using a variety of parts from all over the world!

3. I'm embarrased to say this, but the engine is a severley modified Lincoln Navigator 5.4 litre V8. The engine will be seriously revamped thou. Who cares where it comes from, this car is super quik.

4. I also think that this car is the best american car to ever be produced(beside the dodge viper) and this car gets alot of power from a naturally aspirated V8 alot of work has gone into this car and ford has done a good job Well done ford.

5. I totally agree that this is the greatest car of all time, but who did ford employ to design the chassis? British based Lola. we had the knowledge, you had the correct engine, american car? no, international supercar.

Is ne1 else waiting for the americans to bring out a decent car? we havent noticed anything since 1970, and that was a pontiac firebird. make something of a 'super car', european cars rule all others, build something else we can grin at, then thrash.

6. IMO the greatest american car ever made would hav 2 b the Model T, but that really doesnt count. I like the Saleen S7, this and the old muscle cars, such as the mustangs, GTOs and camaros.

7. Well you need a life then, because the Ford GT-40 is WAY faster than the Corvette. Chevy only made one certain limited version of the 'vette that was faster than the GT-40. No stock 'vette can beat 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. So I hope you know.

8. A C5R would NOT smoke the GT-40. And another thing, Ford is planning on keeping the new GT for the next forever into the future. Besides, the GT is only a $125,000 price tag, however the C5R is $1,000,000. Go screw a cow.

9. GREATEST MUSCLE CAR EVER. SORRY GTO FANS BUT THIS CAR ONE THE GREATEST RACE THE 24 HOURS OF LEMANS AND KILLED FERRARI SPORTS CARS. SINCE ITS BACK AND IF YOU WERE TO HAVE ONE OF THESE YOU WOULD MAKE A FERRARI OWNER THINK BEFORE HE RACES YOU. 500HP FROM AMERCIA REVING UP A 360 WOULD NOT STAND A CHANCE WHEN THAT LIGHT TURN GREEN. YOU COULD NOT DO THIS IN A GTO, MUSTANG, CHARGER, IF YOU WANT THE BEST GET A GT AND KILL FERRARIS NEAR YOU

10. perhaps Im wrong, but in my oppinion, I wouldnt consider this a muscle car

11. I love this car very much as well.

This question may sound a bit stupid. But when is it gonna come out?

I've heard that Ford'd make it. But when?

12. SC.net says 2002 but thats not its model year. If it's out, I haven't seen one on the road, and normally I see all the hot cars right after they come out